Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Stable! Rawr!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stable! Rawr!

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
Finally stable at 4.0 with a respectable RAM Mhz/Timings!

Thank you from everyone who helped me in my previous post!



post #2 of 9
No you aren't.


run IBT about 50 more times and you can call yourself stable.

also run about 12 hours of prime after you get done with IBT.

think of it this way. An engine can rev to 8000RPM for 20 seconds. But take that same engine and run it at 8000RPM for 10 minutes, it will blow up. You can't say it is stable unless it can withstand it for a long time.
post #3 of 9
Not bad at all, what cooling are you providing to your 970?
>dat smooth feel
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k MSI z77 GD65 ASUS EAH6970 CrossFire Crucial ballistix 8gb 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial m4 512gb,2x128GB Samsung 830 SSDs in RA... None H60 Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 2343BW Steelseries 7g Antec TP New 750W Lian Li A71F 
MouseMouse Pad
IME 3.0 Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
>dat smooth feel
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k MSI z77 GD65 ASUS EAH6970 CrossFire Crucial ballistix 8gb 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial m4 512gb,2x128GB Samsung 830 SSDs in RA... None H60 Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 2343BW Steelseries 7g Antec TP New 750W Lian Li A71F 
MouseMouse Pad
IME 3.0 Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 9
gratz..but yea suggest more testing
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1600 MSI b350 tomahawk MSI Gaming X 1070 8GB G.SKILL Flare X 16Gb (2x8) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Barracuda 1TB Sata 6 OCZ Vertex 3 120Gb Samsung Model SH-222AB Nzxt Kraken X61 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248QE Logitech G710+ Antec TruePower New Blue 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Master case pro 5 G502 Proteus core roccat taito Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1600 MSI b350 tomahawk MSI Gaming X 1070 8GB G.SKILL Flare X 16Gb (2x8) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Barracuda 1TB Sata 6 OCZ Vertex 3 120Gb Samsung Model SH-222AB Nzxt Kraken X61 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248QE Logitech G710+ Antec TruePower New Blue 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Master case pro 5 G502 Proteus core roccat taito Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 9
Thread Starter 
Corsair H70 for cooling, and I am going to run prime while I sleep for 100% assurance.
post #6 of 9
Have you considered going higher? With a higher vcore I bet you can go to 4.4
>dat smooth feel
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k MSI z77 GD65 ASUS EAH6970 CrossFire Crucial ballistix 8gb 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial m4 512gb,2x128GB Samsung 830 SSDs in RA... None H60 Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 2343BW Steelseries 7g Antec TP New 750W Lian Li A71F 
MouseMouse Pad
IME 3.0 Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
>dat smooth feel
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k MSI z77 GD65 ASUS EAH6970 CrossFire Crucial ballistix 8gb 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial m4 512gb,2x128GB Samsung 830 SSDs in RA... None H60 Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 2343BW Steelseries 7g Antec TP New 750W Lian Li A71F 
MouseMouse Pad
IME 3.0 Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 
I thought about it, but I am mainly looking for a 4.0. I want my CPU to last a few years. I always build a new beast PC every third tax return
post #8 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasherht View Post
No you aren't.


run IBT about 50 more times and you can call yourself stable.

also run about 12 hours of prime after you get done with IBT.

think of it this way. An engine can rev to 8000RPM for 20 seconds. But take that same engine and run it at 8000RPM for 10 minutes, it will blow up. You can't say it is stable unless it can withstand it for a long time.
I ran that IBT 10 times, at very high level using 8 gigs of ram.
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuLLMyndZ View Post
I ran that IBT 10 times, at very high level using 8 gigs of ram.
why don't you set it to run like 50 times, see if you are still stable then. My computer didn't crash consistantly until like the 23 or 24th run on IBT. You really have to run it much longer to make sure you are stable. You shouldn't just run it on high, just set it to the max amount of ram possible.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Stable! Rawr!