Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 480 SLI 62.5 FPS Cap in Bulletstorm and Crysis 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GTX 480 SLI 62.5 FPS Cap in Bulletstorm and Crysis 2 - Page 3

post #21 of 51
Thread Starter 
That is what I was thinking for mine too. I am certain it is 120Hz all the time. And to specify this is in 2D mode not 3D.
post #22 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_n_fyre View Post
That is what I was thinking for mine too. I am certain it is 120Hz all the time. And to specify this is in 2D mode not 3D.
Then you must have it capped at 60hz, because there is no other reason why it would be capped at 60FPS.

But the real problem is that vSync IS off. It is, it's true.

That's why you're getting 61-63FPS and not the smooth 60FPS.

To be perfectly honest, this was happening on my Windows 7 non-SP1 build with a new GTX 460 SE.

..and I never found a way to fix it.
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Track View Post
Then you must have it capped at 60hz, because there is no other reason why it would be capped at 60FPS.

But the real problem is that vSync IS off. It is, it's true.

That's why you're getting 61-63FPS and not the smooth 60FPS.

To be perfectly honest, this was happening on my Windows 7 non-SP1 build with a new GTX 460 SE.

..and I never found a way to fix it.
If he had vsync on it would cap him @ 120fps.
Perpetual debt
(15 items)
 
Money Pit
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k Asus P8P67 Pro PNY GTX 480 2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 2133mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 Coolit Freezone Elite Win7 Ultimate Samsung 2233rz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair HX750 Antec Server case Razer Deathadder 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Thermaltake LCD Mousepad Logitech 5.1 Surround Tritton AX PC Pro 5.1 Surround Headset 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel q6600 @ 3.9ghz (433x9) EVGA 780i FTW evga 8200gs 512mb  4x2gb Corsair XMS TwinX 866mhz @ 5-5-5-5-18 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 750gb Seagate Baracuda 7200.12 RAID0 5x 1.5tb Seagate Baracuda 7200.11 RAID5 LITE-ON 22X DVD Burner Black SATA Corsair H70 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 Ultimate x64 22" Acer x223w Logitech G15 Corsair HX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
APEVIA MX-ALIEN Razer Deathadder Thermaltake LCD Mousepad Triton AX Pro PC 
Audio
Logitech 5.1 surround sound. 
  hide details  
Reply
Perpetual debt
(15 items)
 
Money Pit
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k Asus P8P67 Pro PNY GTX 480 2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 2133mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 Coolit Freezone Elite Win7 Ultimate Samsung 2233rz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair HX750 Antec Server case Razer Deathadder 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Thermaltake LCD Mousepad Logitech 5.1 Surround Tritton AX PC Pro 5.1 Surround Headset 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel q6600 @ 3.9ghz (433x9) EVGA 780i FTW evga 8200gs 512mb  4x2gb Corsair XMS TwinX 866mhz @ 5-5-5-5-18 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 750gb Seagate Baracuda 7200.12 RAID0 5x 1.5tb Seagate Baracuda 7200.11 RAID5 LITE-ON 22X DVD Burner Black SATA Corsair H70 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 Ultimate x64 22" Acer x223w Logitech G15 Corsair HX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
APEVIA MX-ALIEN Razer Deathadder Thermaltake LCD Mousepad Triton AX Pro PC 
Audio
Logitech 5.1 surround sound. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 51
Really guys, none of the posters in this topic know of the 62 fps frame limit?
Iirc its standard in all UT3 engine games. Borderlands, GoW BS etc etc etc.

Instead of making a topic, you could always enter your question in google and get the awnser instantly.
With some config editing you can enable fps above 60 in BS, again is google your friend here.
Edited by Deluxe - 3/2/11 at 10:24am
post #25 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluxe View Post
Really guys, none of the posters in this topic know of the 62 fps frame limit?
Iirc its standard in all UT3 engine games. Borderlands, GoW BS etc etc etc.

Instead of making a topic, you could always enter your question in google and get the awnser instantly.
With some config editing you can enable fps above 60 in BS, again is google your friend here.
Crysis 2 goes above 62 frames for me. No reason to be an ass, especially when you're wrong.
post #26 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-block View Post
Crysis 2 goes above 62 frames for me. No reason to be an ass, especially when you're wrong.
Nice
post #27 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-block View Post
Crysis 2 goes above 62 frames for me. No reason to be an ass, especially when you're wrong.
I'm not wrong, and i'm not being an ass.
Simply saying it's a UT3 engine cap, if you don't want to believe that, that is your problem.
I don't know about the Crysis cap.
post #28 of 51
Maybe its to do with the DX9?
post #29 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roweyi7 View Post
Maybe its to do with the DX9?
Possible Yes
post #30 of 51
I have same problem in Bulletstorm with VSync off. Tho I dont need 60+, it is a bit perplexing
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.8, 1.26v Asus P8P67 Evo 2x Asus GTX560 Direct CU II 2x 4Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866 Cl9 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
3x 1.5Tb, 3x 2Tb Win7 Ultimate 64 Samsung P2770h 27" HX850w 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.8, 1.26v Asus P8P67 Evo 2x Asus GTX560 Direct CU II 2x 4Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866 Cl9 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
3x 1.5Tb, 3x 2Tb Win7 Ultimate 64 Samsung P2770h 27" HX850w 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 480 SLI 62.5 FPS Cap in Bulletstorm and Crysis 2