Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Stuttering Everywhere [Videos, Browsers, Games]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stuttering Everywhere [Videos, Browsers, Games] - Page 7

post #61 of 152
Thread Starter 
I used that old Nvidia 6200SE TurboCache GPU (no external power needed).

I tried using it but I still get the "stutters"

I'll try updating drivers and sweeping the older one sometime

Guess it's almost safe to say that the GPU and HDDs aren't the problem here..

RAM, CPU, MOBO and PSU left
Intel System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K 4.3Ghz @~1.344 V ASUS P8Z68 V PRO Sapphire HD5870 2GB Eyefinity 6 G.Skill Sniper 1866 Mhz 9-10-9-28@1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB, Maxtor 500GB, SG 1.5 TB LG Lightscribe Windows 7 64bit Samsung 2333HD (TN Panel) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
generic wireless keyboard from Logitech Antec TruePower New 650 watts NZXT Gamma dell optical 
Mouse Pad
simple 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K 4.3Ghz @~1.344 V ASUS P8Z68 V PRO Sapphire HD5870 2GB Eyefinity 6 G.Skill Sniper 1866 Mhz 9-10-9-28@1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB, Maxtor 500GB, SG 1.5 TB LG Lightscribe Windows 7 64bit Samsung 2333HD (TN Panel) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
generic wireless keyboard from Logitech Antec TruePower New 650 watts NZXT Gamma dell optical 
Mouse Pad
simple 
  hide details  
Reply
post #62 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubers View Post
I used that old Nvidia 6200SE TurboCache GPU (no external power needed).

I tried using it but I still get the "stutters"

I'll try updating drivers and sweeping the older one sometime

Guess it's almost safe to say that the GPU and HDDs aren't the problem here..

RAM, CPU, MOBO and PSU left
Or a bad/corrupted windows installation--that happens, even with a healthy hard drive. Only way to check is to reinstall your OS, which is entirely up to you at this point. You could also try a repair install--which would not format/overwrite your data, only the windows directory.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K Biostar TP67B+ XFX HD5750 1GB 2x4GB DDR3 Corsair 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB OCZ SSD, 2x160GB HDD RAID0, 500GB+500GB+1.5TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung SyncMaster 930B Antec SmartPower 450w 
Case
Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K Biostar TP67B+ XFX HD5750 1GB 2x4GB DDR3 Corsair 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB OCZ SSD, 2x160GB HDD RAID0, 500GB+500GB+1.5TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung SyncMaster 930B Antec SmartPower 450w 
Case
Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #63 of 152
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyladouche View Post
Or a bad/corrupted windows installation--that happens, even with a healthy hard drive. Only way to check is to reinstall your OS, which is entirely up to you at this point. You could also try a repair install--which would not format/overwrite your data, only the windows directory.
Hu hu hu.. + rep for indirectly trying to push me to do what's "better" xD
Intel System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K 4.3Ghz @~1.344 V ASUS P8Z68 V PRO Sapphire HD5870 2GB Eyefinity 6 G.Skill Sniper 1866 Mhz 9-10-9-28@1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB, Maxtor 500GB, SG 1.5 TB LG Lightscribe Windows 7 64bit Samsung 2333HD (TN Panel) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
generic wireless keyboard from Logitech Antec TruePower New 650 watts NZXT Gamma dell optical 
Mouse Pad
simple 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K 4.3Ghz @~1.344 V ASUS P8Z68 V PRO Sapphire HD5870 2GB Eyefinity 6 G.Skill Sniper 1866 Mhz 9-10-9-28@1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB, Maxtor 500GB, SG 1.5 TB LG Lightscribe Windows 7 64bit Samsung 2333HD (TN Panel) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
generic wireless keyboard from Logitech Antec TruePower New 650 watts NZXT Gamma dell optical 
Mouse Pad
simple 
  hide details  
Reply
post #64 of 152
It is K9A2 Platinum related.Get a AM2+ Gigabyte 770-UD3 if you still can find one or RMA the motherboard you have if you still have warranty.

I had prior to my K9A2 Platinum a K9A2 Platinum v2.

I had a lot of issue with v2 ,some kind of hick ups while playing games i don t know how you can translate the issue into your sttutering problem.

Until the motherboard v2 died ,i tryed all kind of stuff.Power supply ,memory brands ,setting HDD to SATA I speeds ,CPU-s etc.

All i can say to you is that setting the harddrive to SATA 1 via jumper helped a lot in my case making the games run smooth.Defective southbridge i presume.

Puting a better cooler on the CPU could help you also .
It may be some overheating that makes the mobo to lower CPU power draw ,some trotling.
At least i observed a strange performance drop while using the motherboard with a X2 6400+ and the AMD cooler.When the CPU was getting hot around 55-60 the performance was droping ,trotling i presume.

All you could do is to install latest BIOS 1B and set SATA HDD at SATA I speeds if the HDD alows you ,also add a better CPU cooler and enhance case airflow.
You should also notice OS corruption in time ,windows inviting you often to check disks due to inconsistence.

In my opinion your board has an issue you should of RMA-ed it the first time you observed the issue.

My mobo finally died overvolting the CPU after almost 2 years.

Good luck!
   
AMD HTPC
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 6300  Asus Sabertooth 990FX R 2.0 Sapphire 6950 unlocked Geil 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Sony Corsair H60 Mepis Tetris 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG HD  Logitech G11 OCZ 750 F1 Nexus Clodius Black 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G5R Mionix Creative X-Fi Xteme Music 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 860K MSI A88X-G41 PC Mate Sapphire R7 265 Crucial Elite 2 X 4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD /Seagate Optiarc/LG Cooler Master Hyper TX2 Mepis Tetris 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG HD  Logitech generic Corsair CS650 Nexus Clodius White 
MouseMouse PadAudio
A4 Crap Mionix Anus Xonar D1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 5150 ASUS AM1M-A  IGD Crucial 2X2G 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 640Gb junk SONY DVD-RW Stock OpenSuse/Ubuntu 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LED TV Logitech wireless FSP Foxconn 
Mouse
Logitech wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
   
AMD HTPC
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 6300  Asus Sabertooth 990FX R 2.0 Sapphire 6950 unlocked Geil 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Sony Corsair H60 Mepis Tetris 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG HD  Logitech G11 OCZ 750 F1 Nexus Clodius Black 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G5R Mionix Creative X-Fi Xteme Music 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 860K MSI A88X-G41 PC Mate Sapphire R7 265 Crucial Elite 2 X 4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD /Seagate Optiarc/LG Cooler Master Hyper TX2 Mepis Tetris 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG HD  Logitech generic Corsair CS650 Nexus Clodius White 
MouseMouse PadAudio
A4 Crap Mionix Anus Xonar D1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 5150 ASUS AM1M-A  IGD Crucial 2X2G 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 640Gb junk SONY DVD-RW Stock OpenSuse/Ubuntu 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LED TV Logitech wireless FSP Foxconn 
Mouse
Logitech wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #65 of 152
TL;DR but did you set your Power Setting Options in Vista to High Performance or Balanced? I remember I stuck mine on Power Saver after a night of downloading a Steam game and forgot about it.

Instant stuttering in every single game I played. It baffled me until I remembered that I was in Power Saver. Switched it back to High Performance and everything was fine.
/hwaw
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.3ghz 1.160v ASRock Z77 Extreme6 Gigabyte R9 290 Windforce Sapphire R9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x4gb Samsung RAM @ 2000mhz 9-10-9-28 1.425v OCZ Vertex 4 Hitacho Deskstar Crucial M550 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsair H80 (CPU) Thermalright Spitfire (GPU) Gelid Icy Vision (GPU) Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
BENQ GW2450 Asus PB278Q Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Seasonic 750w  
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Black Interior HAF 932 Roccat Kone  Artisan Hien Hard 
  hide details  
Reply
/hwaw
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.3ghz 1.160v ASRock Z77 Extreme6 Gigabyte R9 290 Windforce Sapphire R9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x4gb Samsung RAM @ 2000mhz 9-10-9-28 1.425v OCZ Vertex 4 Hitacho Deskstar Crucial M550 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsair H80 (CPU) Thermalright Spitfire (GPU) Gelid Icy Vision (GPU) Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
BENQ GW2450 Asus PB278Q Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Seasonic 750w  
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Black Interior HAF 932 Roccat Kone  Artisan Hien Hard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #66 of 152
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromihetes View Post
It is K9A2 Platinum related.Get a AM2+ Gigabyte 770-UD3 if you still can find one or RMA the motherboard you have if you still have warranty.

I had prior to my K9A2 Platinum a K9A2 Platinum v2.

I had a lot of issue with v2 ,some kind of hick ups while playing games i don t know how you can translate the issue into your sttutering problem.

Until the motherboard v2 died ,i tryed all kind of stuff.Power supply ,memory brands ,setting HDD to SATA I speeds ,CPU-s etc.

All i can say to you is that setting the harddrive to SATA 1 via jumper helped a lot in my case making the games run smooth.Defective southbridge i presume.

Puting a better cooler on the CPU could help you also .
It may be some overheating that makes the mobo to lower CPU power draw ,some trotling.
At least i observed a strange performance drop while using the motherboard with a X2 6400+ and the AMD cooler.When the CPU was getting hot around 55-60 the performance was droping ,trotling i presume.

All you could do is to install latest BIOS 1B and set SATA HDD at SATA I speeds if the HDD alows you ,also add a better CPU cooler and enhance case airflow.
You should also notice OS corruption in time ,windows inviting you often to check disks due to inconsistence.

In my opinion your board has an issue you should of RMA-ed it the first time you observed the issue.

My mobo finally died overvolting the CPU after almost 2 years.

Good luck!
Thanks! That's a pretty interesting suggestion.

Bummer! A new board?

I guess it's better to try and lower the temps of the CPU first right?

What kind of stutters were you having BTW?

Even w/o any hard disk activities (watch browser vids [no blinking lights indicating HDD activity)] I stutter. Is that still likely to be the mobo?

And what's a B1 Bios? Is that a more Special BIOS for the MoBO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyujmn View Post
TL;DR but did you set your Power Setting Options in Vista to High Performance or Balanced? I remember I stuck mine on Power Saver after a night of downloading a Steam game and forgot about it.

Instant stuttering in every single game I played. It baffled me until I remembered that I was in Power Saver. Switched it back to High Performance and everything was fine.
I'll try

+rep to both btw.

Gah xD I wish I just bought a PS3 xD
Edited by tubers - 3/7/11 at 6:03pm
Intel System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K 4.3Ghz @~1.344 V ASUS P8Z68 V PRO Sapphire HD5870 2GB Eyefinity 6 G.Skill Sniper 1866 Mhz 9-10-9-28@1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB, Maxtor 500GB, SG 1.5 TB LG Lightscribe Windows 7 64bit Samsung 2333HD (TN Panel) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
generic wireless keyboard from Logitech Antec TruePower New 650 watts NZXT Gamma dell optical 
Mouse Pad
simple 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K 4.3Ghz @~1.344 V ASUS P8Z68 V PRO Sapphire HD5870 2GB Eyefinity 6 G.Skill Sniper 1866 Mhz 9-10-9-28@1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB, Maxtor 500GB, SG 1.5 TB LG Lightscribe Windows 7 64bit Samsung 2333HD (TN Panel) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
generic wireless keyboard from Logitech Antec TruePower New 650 watts NZXT Gamma dell optical 
Mouse Pad
simple 
  hide details  
Reply
post #67 of 152
Last BIOS for K9A2 Platinum is 1.B.All BIOS-es prior to 1.7 sucked big time for me.

So you can :

1.Install the jumper onto the hard drive to put it in SATA 1 speeds ,don t worry you wont feel your PC slow.
2.Install a better cooler on the CPU to keep it to around 30-40 celsius.
3.Update the BIOS to the latest via USB MSI HQ Tool available on msi forum download area ,very easy to use .Avoid the msi live update you will kill the mobo.

Aditionally you can make sure the RAM timings are ok for both channels as the BIOS can make strange things thats why i invite you to update bios.Somehting like 6-6-6-18-26 at 800 Mhz with a tRFC of 127 should work.Make sure you apply them for both channels.

You may have had bad luck as in getting a bad K9A2 Platinum sample.
   
AMD HTPC
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 6300  Asus Sabertooth 990FX R 2.0 Sapphire 6950 unlocked Geil 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Sony Corsair H60 Mepis Tetris 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG HD  Logitech G11 OCZ 750 F1 Nexus Clodius Black 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G5R Mionix Creative X-Fi Xteme Music 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 860K MSI A88X-G41 PC Mate Sapphire R7 265 Crucial Elite 2 X 4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD /Seagate Optiarc/LG Cooler Master Hyper TX2 Mepis Tetris 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG HD  Logitech generic Corsair CS650 Nexus Clodius White 
MouseMouse PadAudio
A4 Crap Mionix Anus Xonar D1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 5150 ASUS AM1M-A  IGD Crucial 2X2G 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 640Gb junk SONY DVD-RW Stock OpenSuse/Ubuntu 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LED TV Logitech wireless FSP Foxconn 
Mouse
Logitech wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
   
AMD HTPC
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 6300  Asus Sabertooth 990FX R 2.0 Sapphire 6950 unlocked Geil 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Sony Corsair H60 Mepis Tetris 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG HD  Logitech G11 OCZ 750 F1 Nexus Clodius Black 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G5R Mionix Creative X-Fi Xteme Music 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 860K MSI A88X-G41 PC Mate Sapphire R7 265 Crucial Elite 2 X 4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD /Seagate Optiarc/LG Cooler Master Hyper TX2 Mepis Tetris 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG HD  Logitech generic Corsair CS650 Nexus Clodius White 
MouseMouse PadAudio
A4 Crap Mionix Anus Xonar D1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 5150 ASUS AM1M-A  IGD Crucial 2X2G 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 640Gb junk SONY DVD-RW Stock OpenSuse/Ubuntu 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LED TV Logitech wireless FSP Foxconn 
Mouse
Logitech wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #68 of 152
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromihetes View Post
Last BIOS for K9A2 Platinum is 1.B.All BIOS-es prior to 1.7 sucked big time for me.

So you can :

1.Install the jumper onto the hard drive to put it in SATA 1 speeds ,don t worry you wont feel your PC slow.
2.Install a better cooler on the CPU to keep it to around 30-40 celsius.
3.Update the BIOS to the latest via USB MSI HQ Tool available on msi forum download area ,very easy to use .Avoid the msi live update you will kill the mobo.

Aditionally you can make sure the RAM timings are ok for both channels as the BIOS can make strange things thats why i invite you to update bios.Somehting like 6-6-6-18-26 at 800 Mhz with a tRFC of 127 should work.Make sure you apply them for both channels.

You may have had bad luck as in getting a bad K9A2 Platinum sample.

I hope not!

+rep btw

Hmm I'll try to look for jumpers for the HDD.. I don't think I've ever seen them on my disks.

According to CPU-Z (regarding my RAM)

DDR2 4GB
Channels # Dual
DC Mode Unganged
NB Freq 2000.0


400Mhz
1:2
6
6
16
25
2T


xD


I'll try cleaning my CPU next week when the thermal paste that I bought from NewEgg comes.

I tried booting in my Vista.
Played Crysis 2 Demo, cores went up to 80s.. my Vista keeps shutting down after a few "cries" from the MSI program (D.O.T.).
It doesn't crash, but forcefully shutdowns normally. (Does that make sense? sorry)


[Like someone magically alt+tabbed from my game, clicked Windows Start Button and chose "Shut Down"]

I'll also try checking out the MSI forum tool (usb flasher right?)

W/c update should I really get? (I might get a P2 955 BE)
The BIOSes looks very confusing:

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/K9A2-P...html#?div=BIOS

or somewhere here?

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/K9A2-P...div=CPUSupport

Is it somewhat safer to use that?
Edited by tubers - 3/8/11 at 3:06pm
Intel System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K 4.3Ghz @~1.344 V ASUS P8Z68 V PRO Sapphire HD5870 2GB Eyefinity 6 G.Skill Sniper 1866 Mhz 9-10-9-28@1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB, Maxtor 500GB, SG 1.5 TB LG Lightscribe Windows 7 64bit Samsung 2333HD (TN Panel) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
generic wireless keyboard from Logitech Antec TruePower New 650 watts NZXT Gamma dell optical 
Mouse Pad
simple 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K 4.3Ghz @~1.344 V ASUS P8Z68 V PRO Sapphire HD5870 2GB Eyefinity 6 G.Skill Sniper 1866 Mhz 9-10-9-28@1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB, Maxtor 500GB, SG 1.5 TB LG Lightscribe Windows 7 64bit Samsung 2333HD (TN Panel) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
generic wireless keyboard from Logitech Antec TruePower New 650 watts NZXT Gamma dell optical 
Mouse Pad
simple 
  hide details  
Reply
post #69 of 152
K9A2 Platinum will shut down by itself when the 65 Celsius mark is reached in the CPU.

So before any BIOS update you will need to get a new cooler for that CPU.
You need a stable system when updating

When you ll get the cooler you will need to be carefull at the way it s built to be able to install it along the circu pipe.
I personally use Cooler Master TX 2 but it s out of production.Take a look at the TX 3 and research if the motherboard alows you to install it.If the cooler "conflicts" with first RAM modules you can move them to the last 2 slots.

You can choose coolers here ,this guys test a lot of them ,search TDP 125 ones with low noise and good price : http://www.frostytech.com/

BIOS update needs the last file http://www.msi.com/product/mb/K9A2-P...tml#/?div=BIOS
Version1.B Release Date2010-06-21

The other page shows you what version is a specific CPU supported for and it may be incomplete ,so you buy newer motherboards .

Though there is not specified this BIOS (1.B) supports X6 CPU s .Phenom 2 is supported since 1.7.I recommend you 1.B all the way.

Download the tool from MSI forum and read the user guide before.Prior to update you will need to reset your actual BIOS to defaults via clear CMOS or load defaults from within BIOS.

We ,the users of this mobo ,forced MSI to release the latest BIOS ,keep in mind that

Regarding the SATA jumper you will need to look on the manufacturer site to see how you need to install it to get SATA 1 .Many new HDD don t have those jumper pins any more.A jumper can be found on any PATA Optical drive.

Thank you for the rep+ though i don t know what this brings me

Good Luck!
Edited by Dromihetes - 3/9/11 at 4:24am
   
AMD HTPC
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 6300  Asus Sabertooth 990FX R 2.0 Sapphire 6950 unlocked Geil 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Sony Corsair H60 Mepis Tetris 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG HD  Logitech G11 OCZ 750 F1 Nexus Clodius Black 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G5R Mionix Creative X-Fi Xteme Music 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 860K MSI A88X-G41 PC Mate Sapphire R7 265 Crucial Elite 2 X 4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD /Seagate Optiarc/LG Cooler Master Hyper TX2 Mepis Tetris 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG HD  Logitech generic Corsair CS650 Nexus Clodius White 
MouseMouse PadAudio
A4 Crap Mionix Anus Xonar D1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 5150 ASUS AM1M-A  IGD Crucial 2X2G 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 640Gb junk SONY DVD-RW Stock OpenSuse/Ubuntu 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LED TV Logitech wireless FSP Foxconn 
Mouse
Logitech wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
   
AMD HTPC
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 6300  Asus Sabertooth 990FX R 2.0 Sapphire 6950 unlocked Geil 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Sony Corsair H60 Mepis Tetris 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG HD  Logitech G11 OCZ 750 F1 Nexus Clodius Black 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G5R Mionix Creative X-Fi Xteme Music 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 860K MSI A88X-G41 PC Mate Sapphire R7 265 Crucial Elite 2 X 4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD /Seagate Optiarc/LG Cooler Master Hyper TX2 Mepis Tetris 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG HD  Logitech generic Corsair CS650 Nexus Clodius White 
MouseMouse PadAudio
A4 Crap Mionix Anus Xonar D1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 5150 ASUS AM1M-A  IGD Crucial 2X2G 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 640Gb junk SONY DVD-RW Stock OpenSuse/Ubuntu 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LED TV Logitech wireless FSP Foxconn 
Mouse
Logitech wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #70 of 152
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromihetes View Post
K9A2 Platinum will shut down by itself when the 65 Celsius mark is reached in the CPU.

So before any BIOS update you will need to get a new cooler for that CPU.
You need a stable system when updating

When you ll get the cooler you will need to be carefull at the way it s built to be able to install it along the circu pipe.
I personally use Cooler Master TX 2 but it s out of production.Take a look at the TX 3 and research if the motherboard alows you to install it.If the cooler "conflicts" with first RAM modules you can move them to the last 2 slots.

You can choose coolers here ,this guys test a lot of them ,search TDP 125 ones with low noise and good price : http://www.frostytech.com/

BIOS update needs the last file http://www.msi.com/product/mb/K9A2-P...tml#/?div=BIOS
Version1.B Release Date2010-06-21

The other page shows you what version is a specific CPU supported for and it may be incomplete ,so you buy newer motherboards .

Though there is not specified this BIOS (1.B) supports X6 CPU s .Phenom 2 is supported since 1.7.I recommend you 1.B all the way.

Download the tool from MSI forum and read the user guide before.Prior to update you will need to reset your actual BIOS to defaults via clear CMOS or load defaults from within BIOS.

We ,the users of this mobo ,forced MSI to release the latest BIOS ,keep in mind that

Regarding the SATA jumper you will need to look on the manufacturer site to see how you need to install it to get SATA 1 .Many new HDD don t have those jumper pins any more.A jumper can be found on any PATA Optical drive.

Thank you for the rep+ though i don t know what this brings me

Good Luck!
Interesting..

In my HDD that has Windows 7 64 bit, it doesn't shut down even when it hits 80C, only in Vista 64 bit. Might it be because of the D.O.T program I installed 2 years ago (not the DOT feature in BIOS)?

WOW! I am surprised that this MoBo supports x6 and even up to 1090T! Is that for real? xD

Regarding a purchase of a new cooler, I probably wouldn't anytime soon. Before making any real decisions regarding that, I would first clean the CPU, Heat sink, Fan and re-apply a thermal paste.

The CPU HSF has never been removed or cleaned properly ever xD and I am really cheap xD

Oh BTW, any ways how to really see what BIOS I am running? Or I don't have to since I will be clearing the CMOS anyway before updating?

IDK what the rep really does either but thank you so much!
Intel System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K 4.3Ghz @~1.344 V ASUS P8Z68 V PRO Sapphire HD5870 2GB Eyefinity 6 G.Skill Sniper 1866 Mhz 9-10-9-28@1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB, Maxtor 500GB, SG 1.5 TB LG Lightscribe Windows 7 64bit Samsung 2333HD (TN Panel) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
generic wireless keyboard from Logitech Antec TruePower New 650 watts NZXT Gamma dell optical 
Mouse Pad
simple 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K 4.3Ghz @~1.344 V ASUS P8Z68 V PRO Sapphire HD5870 2GB Eyefinity 6 G.Skill Sniper 1866 Mhz 9-10-9-28@1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB, Maxtor 500GB, SG 1.5 TB LG Lightscribe Windows 7 64bit Samsung 2333HD (TN Panel) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
generic wireless keyboard from Logitech Antec TruePower New 650 watts NZXT Gamma dell optical 
Mouse Pad
simple 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Stuttering Everywhere [Videos, Browsers, Games]