Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › A Good optical gaming mouse.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A Good optical gaming mouse. - Page 3

post #21 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylit View Post
I'm sorry if I to say this, but besides the ADNS-9500, 1.1/3.0/WMO, and Ec2, a majority of mice have a naturally high lift off distance based on sensor characteristics/lens. Even the old 3G was as high as 3.6mm on the QcK.
Well on my razer goliathus on my world of war craft edition DA was 1.5mm list off distance. Im looking into the ikari optical mouse at the moment. I have just read it needs the correct surface for a low lod. The steelseries experience seems to have a very low lod distance for the ikari optical. Ive had alot of lazer mice and tracking seems to always come back as an issue for me. So i will give optical a go. It makes sense that the best gaming experience ive had was with the original DA which was optical.
post #22 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmxdex2020 View Post
Well on my razer goliathus on my world of war craft edition DA was 1.5mm list off distance. Im looking into the ikari optical mouse at the moment. I have just read it needs the correct surface for a low lod. The steelseries experience seems to have a very low lod distance for the ikari optical. Ive had alot of lazer mice and tracking seems to always come back as an issue for me. So i will give optical a go. It makes sense that the best gaming experience ive had was with the original DA which was optical.
Id recommend the EC1/2. Same sensor as the Ikari Optical, but with a custom SROM and lens.

Only problem is glossy sides.

http://s.lowyat.net/uploads//attach-...5111_thumb.jpg

Actually I can see what you mean, a majority of the pad isn't dark and IIRC, they changed the internal lens from the 3G>3.G although, since the LoD remained the same on the QcK, I never took consideration of other pads, Sorry.
Edited by Skylit - 3/4/11 at 3:56pm
post #23 of 32
GE60
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsHard DriveOS
Intel Core i5 4200M Geforce GTX760M 750GB WD Scorpio Black Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardMouseMouse Pad
15.6" CM Quickfire Rapid CM Xornet Steelseries QcK+ 
  hide details  
Reply
GE60
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsHard DriveOS
Intel Core i5 4200M Geforce GTX760M 750GB WD Scorpio Black Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardMouseMouse Pad
15.6" CM Quickfire Rapid CM Xornet Steelseries QcK+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylit View Post
Id recommend the EC1/2. Same sensor as the Ikari Optical, but with a custom SROM and lens.

Only problem is glossy sides.

http://s.lowyat.net/uploads//attach-...5111_thumb.jpg

Actually I can see what you mean, a majority of the pad isn't dark and IIRC, they changed the internal lens from the 3G>3.G although, since the LoD remained the same on the QcK, I never took consideration of other pads, Sorry.
Ive actually now gone off the DA shape. Im use to the G500 and kone ergonomics.
post #25 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylit View Post
Id recommend the EC1/2. Same sensor as the Ikari Optical, but with a custom SROM and lens.

Only problem is glossy sides.

http://s.lowyat.net/uploads//attach-...5111_thumb.jpg

Actually I can see what you mean, a majority of the pad isn't dark and IIRC, they changed the internal lens from the 3G>3.G although, since the LoD remained the same on the QcK, I never took consideration of other pads, Sorry.
Im actually talking about the guild wars edition DA lol. Sorry my mistake mate.
post #26 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by sLowEnd View Post
Tons of hardware accelerated positive acceleration
Enormous amounts of angle snapping
Low Perfect control and malfunction rates.
Stock plastic mouse feet

But it does have a Low Lift off distance
post #27 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylit View Post
Tons of hardware accelerated positive acceleration
Enormous amounts of angle snapping
Low Perfect control and malfunction rates.
Stock plastic mouse feet

But it does have a Low Lift off distance
Ye i will pass on that one lol.
post #28 of 32
for remove the glossy sides issue you can buy 'steelseries grip'.

the LoD also give me really hard time during gameplays, but I'd dont know about LoD effect tracking, just REALLY annoying LoD.


Im really recommded for you to wait for PureTrak new mouse - "Valor", the best [probably] and newer optical sensor [3090] with custom lens, 0.8 feets,and ergonomic claw-plam mixed design somehow.
the cons tbh are: strange and unsure/unkown yet cpi steps and unkown date release. :S
[cant recommeded the CM spawn since it hardware crappier it tracking worst, and the LoD is high, and i've heard about jittry bug issue]
Edited by avinin1 - 3/4/11 at 4:05pm
post #29 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmxdex2020 View Post
Im actually talking about the guild wars edition DA lol. Sorry my mistake mate.
Oh I see

This was the original lift off distance list from 2007 off of razer blueprints.

Quote:
Wooden table top (yellowish wood): 1.2 mm
fUnc Surface 1030, blue, smooth side: 1.2 mm
Icemat 2nd Edition, black: 1.2 mm
MTW: 1.2 mm
fUnc Surface 1030, blue, rough side: 1.4 mm
Allsop raindrop, black/grey: 2.4 mm
Generic red mousepad: 2.4 mm
Generic green mousepad: 3.6 mm
QcK+, black: 3.6 mm
Steelpad 5l, tested on most of the colours: 3.6 mm
Razer Mantis Control: 4mm
Razer Mantis Speed: 6 mm
The QcK (dark cloth surface) remained the same from the transition from 3G>3.5G, but I am unaware if any other pads differ.


Quote:
Originally Posted by avinin1 View Post
for remove the glossy sides issue you can buy 'steelseries grip'.

the LoD also give me really hard time during gameplays, but I'd dont know about LoD effect tracking, just REALLY annoying LoD.


Im really recommded for you to wait for PureTrak new mouse - "Valor", the best [probably] and newer optical sensor [3090] with custom lens, 0.8 feets,and ergonomic claw-plam mixed design somehow.
the cons tbh are: strange and unsure/unkown yet cpi steps and unkown date release. :S
[cant recommeded the CM spawn since it hardware crappier it tracking worst, and the LoD is high, and i've heard about jittry bug issue]
I really hope CM fixes thier 3090. I've seen reports of jitter on the 800 DPI setting, although it's perfectly operational at 1800-3500 DPI. They also use a basic lens which produces a semi high lift off on certain surfaces :[
Edited by Skylit - 3/4/11 at 4:24pm
post #30 of 32
Thread Starter 
Skylit what about the mionix naos 3200 opitical? any good?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › A Good optical gaming mouse.