Overclock.net banner

Do YOU believe it now? I'm back with proof!

4K views 92 replies 49 participants last post by  cl04k3d 
#1 ·
Hi.

I just got back from school while having Prime95 running all night + while I was in school.

Tadaaa,after 11hours and 45minutes it's still running, at a vcore as low as 1.360v!

Will you guys consider it stable now or you wan't me to do any more tests? I'd be happy to do that if it can get my system stable, I wanna make this rock solid.
Last not many believed me, but then again, I had only run IBT so I understand you, no hate it's cool!

What do you say now, you think it's stable?

Cheers!

PS! I'm not trying to be cocky in any way at all if it sounded like that lol

4ghzq.jpg

See less See more
#4 ·
I did the same thing with Prime95 at just around the same vcore and no sooner than I started to play BFBC2, it crapped its pants... since then I use IntelBurnTest /Linx and found that a slight bump helped me out, that said, I dunno all that much about what a 1055t needs and your mobo is probably better than mine, so grats, and play a game or 3!
wink.gif

#5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soggysilicon;12607180
I did the same thing with Prime95 at just around the same vcore and no sooner than I started to play BFBC2, it crapped its pants... since then I use IntelBurnTest /Linx and found that a slight bump helped me out, that said, I dunno all that much about what a 1055t needs and your mobo is probably better than mine, so grats, and play a game or 3!
wink.gif
Will try that out. I play Heroes of Newerth and Starcraft 2 and sometimes Assassins Creed 2.

I do also work with videos (adobe after effects and premiere) and if it doesn't let me down on gaming and videoediting I guess I should be satisfied.

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkopo;12607212
Will try that out. I play Heroes of Newerth and Starcraft 2 and sometimes Assassins Creed 2.

I do also work with videos (adobe after effects and premiere) and if it doesn't let me down on gaming and videoediting I guess I should be satisfied.
Try BFBC2, I managed to pass Prime95/IBT but BFBC2 for an hour made my PC crash (was trying to get lowest voltage)

#12 ·
is that a low vcore or something?

Seems kinda high to me.
Or maybe lynnfields just don't need as much voltage. I can reach 4ghz at that voltage.

#13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crucial09;12607748
is that a low vcore or something?

Seems kinda high to me.
Or maybe lynnfields just don't need as much voltage. I can reach 4ghz at that voltage.
Volts that are normal for Thubans would damage a Lynnfield/Nehalem fairly quickly, just as temps that are normal for a Lynnfield/Nehalem would damage an AMD CPU fairly quickly. The OP has a good chip, normally 1055s want 1.4V+ to do 4.0

#14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skripka;12607771
Volts that are normal for Thubans would damage a Lynnfield/Nehalem fairly quickly, just as temps that are normal for a Lynnfield/Nehalem would damage an AMD CPU fairly quickly. The OP has a good chip, normally 1055s want 1.4V+ to do 4.0
OH I see. Well congrats to the OP.

But I suggest you use other programs to test it too.

OCCT is a good one.
And definantly test it in games you play, and maybe some video rendering.

If it does all of that. good job.

#15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thAche;12607678
You can't help it, you were born Swedish...
wink.gif
Actually I'm not a Swede, I just live here ^_^
Still funny tho ;p.

Vill render a huge project and see how it goes =D

#16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchie;12607300
IMO if your PC does not crash doing everything you use it for, eg: playing games, surfing, video encoding etc., it is stable. No reason to thrash it for hours on end just to prove a point.
If no-one else believes you, so what
smile.gif
This^^^

#19 ·
OP, don't worry about the haters. They just jealous, and haters gonna hate.

You let your computer play Prime95 for 11 hours? I bet it hates you now... That's pretty good and all, but I won't be impressed until you and your computer play StarCraftII for 11 hours. Come back when you can prove you did that!
biggrin.gif

#20 ·
that is impressive, mine is @ 1.48v for 4ghz

#21 ·
Whats so special about 1.35v? I'm just curious, I've been noticing more of the newer batchs/revision average around this. Please forgive my lack in AMDness.

#23 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBcobra;12608947
Whats so special about 1.35v? I'm just curious, I've been noticing more of the newer batchs/revision average around this. Please forgive my lack in AMDness.
Imagine an i5 doing 4Ghz on .04v below stock voltage (stock for this is 1.4v IIRC)

#24 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by onoz;12608863
OP, don't worry about the haters. They just jealous, and haters gonna hate.

You let your computer play Prime95 for 11 hours? I bet it hates you now... That's pretty good and all, but I won't be impressed until you and your computer play StarCraftII for 11 hours. Come back when you can prove you did that!
biggrin.gif
Haha
wink.gif

Well lol if I could last 11 hours constant Starcraft 2 then I'd be trippin and probably in diamond league lol
eek.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.