Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Price Performance Ratio Preview
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Price Performance Ratio Preview

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
Not sure if this is the right forum or not, but...

Here's a feeler post of a possible series I may do if there's enough interest.

Sorted by value:


Sorted by performance:


Details coming soon...

Any comments are welcome.
Edited by compudaze - 3/8/11 at 8:47am
Scorpion
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2500K Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 MSI GeForce GTX 580 Lightning Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1600 CL9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Agility 2 120GB Samsung SH-S223L DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit AOC e2243Fwk 21.5" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
XArmor U9 Mechanical Corsair HX850 Corsair Carbide Series 500R Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Nova Gaming Winner 3 Realtek ALC889 Codec 
  hide details  
Reply
Scorpion
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2500K Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 MSI GeForce GTX 580 Lightning Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1600 CL9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Agility 2 120GB Samsung SH-S223L DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit AOC e2243Fwk 21.5" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
XArmor U9 Mechanical Corsair HX850 Corsair Carbide Series 500R Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Nova Gaming Winner 3 Realtek ALC889 Codec 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 20
So many Radeons.
pron.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Pentium 4 520. Asus P5QPL-AM. 1x2gB Corsair XMS2. 1xWD 320gB IDE. 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
HP 1270i. Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit. LG 710E 17'' CRT Monitor. IBM Kb-0225 Crap! 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Stock Thermalmaster 420w. Cooler Master Elite 334. Razer Abyssus Mirror Special Edition. 3M Precise Mousing Surface. 
  hide details  
Reply
pron.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Pentium 4 520. Asus P5QPL-AM. 1x2gB Corsair XMS2. 1xWD 320gB IDE. 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
HP 1270i. Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit. LG 710E 17'' CRT Monitor. IBM Kb-0225 Crap! 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Stock Thermalmaster 420w. Cooler Master Elite 334. Razer Abyssus Mirror Special Edition. 3M Precise Mousing Surface. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 20
Price to performance ratio AMD wins. IF you want raw performance Nvidia beats AMD on each card they compete with, you get what you pay for.
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post
Price to performance ratio AMD wins.
True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post
IF you want raw performance Nvidia beats AMD on each card they compete with
This ONLY apply to the GTX 580.

6970 CF will compete with a 580 SLI so there goes raw performance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post
you get what you pay for.
This comment is somewhat ignorant mix with a little stupidity. It's almost saying ATI is trash because they get 2-5 fps lower than nvidia card for $70 cheaper. I hate information that misinform people because money is not easy to come by for 99% of low to middle class working people.

Best price/ performance ratio is AMD 6850, Nvidia 460/70, in my opinion.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9300 @ 3.6GHz 480FSB GA EP45-UD3P HD 6950 SOLD! Rokn 8800GT Patriot Viper DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x500 Raid0 -250 OSX Dual Window7/Snow Leopard LG 32LD350 HDTV/Samsung T240 1920x1200 Cooler Master 550W 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 900 Modded MX518 QCK+ Steel 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9300 @ 3.6GHz 480FSB GA EP45-UD3P HD 6950 SOLD! Rokn 8800GT Patriot Viper DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x500 Raid0 -250 OSX Dual Window7/Snow Leopard LG 32LD350 HDTV/Samsung T240 1920x1200 Cooler Master 550W 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 900 Modded MX518 QCK+ Steel 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 20
What is this based on? Benchmarks, real world tests, what?
post #6 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRookie View Post
True


This ONLY apply to the GTX 580.

6970 CF will compete with a 580 SLI so there goes raw performance...



This comment is somewhat ignorant mix with a little stupidity. It's almost saying ATI is trash because they get 2-5 fps lower than nvidia card for $70 cheaper. I hate information that misinform people because money is not easy to come by for 99% of low to middle class working people.

Best price/ performance ratio is AMD 6850, Nvidia 460/70, in my opinion.
Spoken like a true fan boy with insults instead of valid argument without being personal and incorrect. I won't waste my time trying by posting results and graphs on this troll thread.
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post
Spoken like a true fan boy with insults instead of valid argument without being personal and incorrect. I won't waste my time trying by posting results and graphs on this troll thread.
You sir just prove my point on everything I touch base on. Especially when I stated your ignorant mix with a little stupidity. Thank you and have a nice day .

Oh BTW maybe you need to read my recommendation on the first post. When it comes to price/performance ratio I voted for 460 and 470 they're made from nvidia if you don't know. Also I only voted for AMD 6850. So my vote is a 2 to 1 going for Nvidia... ignorant mix with stupidity?

@ Arizonian, I'm not sure does that make me an ATI fan boy or Nvidia?
Edited by DaRookie - 3/6/11 at 11:22am
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9300 @ 3.6GHz 480FSB GA EP45-UD3P HD 6950 SOLD! Rokn 8800GT Patriot Viper DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x500 Raid0 -250 OSX Dual Window7/Snow Leopard LG 32LD350 HDTV/Samsung T240 1920x1200 Cooler Master 550W 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 900 Modded MX518 QCK+ Steel 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9300 @ 3.6GHz 480FSB GA EP45-UD3P HD 6950 SOLD! Rokn 8800GT Patriot Viper DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x500 Raid0 -250 OSX Dual Window7/Snow Leopard LG 32LD350 HDTV/Samsung T240 1920x1200 Cooler Master 550W 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 900 Modded MX518 QCK+ Steel 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 20
+rep interesting and useful thread.

Interested to see the details of the calculations!
NuCleOpHilIcIty
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k P8P67 Deluxe Sapphire 7950 AVEXIR Standard Series 8gb 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Spinpoint F3 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate (linux HTPC possibility) 32" LG LD450 IPS Logitech MK550 
PowerCase
XFX 750w Black Edition CM Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
NuCleOpHilIcIty
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k P8P67 Deluxe Sapphire 7950 AVEXIR Standard Series 8gb 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Spinpoint F3 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate (linux HTPC possibility) 32" LG LD450 IPS Logitech MK550 
PowerCase
XFX 750w Black Edition CM Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRookie View Post
You sir just prove my point on everything I touch base on. Especially when I stated your ignorant mix with a little stupidity. Thank you and have a nice day .

Oh BTW maybe you need to read my recommendation on the first post. When it comes to price/performance ratio I voted for 460 and 470 they're made from nvidia if you don't know. Also I only voted for AMD 6850. So my vote is a 2 to 1 going for Nvidia... ignorant mix with stupidity?

@ Arizonian, I'm not sure does that make me an ATI fan boy or Nvidia?
That's where you'd be wrong. You can see all my post replies and I've recommended many times AMD over Nvidia. Depending on each persons situation or set up. Instead of being insulting make your point. I'm more put off by how you had to call me names in order to make a point. I've seen other threads you've posted and your better than this new low. I don't mind objective argument.

Now I'm not going to hi jack this thread to change the point the poster is making nor stoop to your level and belittle you by calling you names when it's more opinion than fact.

Poster made a valid point and I agreed. I made a side comment which was my bad since it wasn't what the post was about. Instead of showing proof on this thread that proves my side point I'll refrain.

Your points and opinions go a longer way without calling people names which are against OCN policy when posting. I love a good argument and debate and respect other opinions.
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post
That's where you'd be wrong. You can see all my post replies and I've recommended many times AMD over Nvidia. Depending on each persons situation or set up. Instead of being insulting make your point. I'm more put off by how you had to call me names in order to make a point. I've seen other threads you've posted and your better than this new low. I don't mind objective argument.

Now I'm not going to hi jack this thread to change the point the poster is making nor stoop to your level and belittle you by calling you names when it's more opinion than fact.

Poster made a valid point and I agreed. I made a side comment which was my bad since it wasn't what the post was about. Instead of showing proof on this thread that proves my side point I'll refrain.

Your points and opinions go a longer way without calling people names which are against OCN policy when posting. I love a good argument and debate and respect other opinions.
I apologize for calling you name and that was wrong on my part.

You have to understand your comment was bias in my opinion. You stated AMD is best price for performance in which I agree with you. You also stated Nvidia have more raw power and I also agree with you. Then I also gave you ATI strong point in the 69xx series due to 85%-99% scaling vs 580 SLI. This was valid and was proven.

Your comment as to "You get what you pay for" was very misinforming in several ways. Which I gave you an example in the original post. I'm a middle class working person where money is hard to come by. People in the same situation would want the best bang for their bucks. Reading your post I really didn't have any issue with it all except for when you start criticizing one brand over the other w/ no hard facts.

Then you also called me a "fanboy" in which I favor Nvidia over ATI when it comes to price/performance ratio. This I don't understand at all. I'm not here to pick a fight but it bother me, when someone with limited fund are here looking for help and they only get bias opinion.

In fact, I was wrong for calling you stupidity but I wasn't wrong when I said your statement was ignorant.

My opinion still stand. Best price/performance ratio goes to Nvidia 460/470 and AMD 6850.

OP sorry for doing this to your thread.

Here's your proof. All benchmark are done by OCN members.

69xx vs 570 vs 470
http://www.overclock.net/ati/890793-...l#post11669831

6970CF vs 580 SLI
http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/9124...-vs-580-a.html
Edited by DaRookie - 3/6/11 at 2:40pm
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9300 @ 3.6GHz 480FSB GA EP45-UD3P HD 6950 SOLD! Rokn 8800GT Patriot Viper DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x500 Raid0 -250 OSX Dual Window7/Snow Leopard LG 32LD350 HDTV/Samsung T240 1920x1200 Cooler Master 550W 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 900 Modded MX518 QCK+ Steel 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9300 @ 3.6GHz 480FSB GA EP45-UD3P HD 6950 SOLD! Rokn 8800GT Patriot Viper DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x500 Raid0 -250 OSX Dual Window7/Snow Leopard LG 32LD350 HDTV/Samsung T240 1920x1200 Cooler Master 550W 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 900 Modded MX518 QCK+ Steel 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Graphics Cards - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Price Performance Ratio Preview