Overclock.net banner

RAM Fans, help me pick the perfect RAMs

382 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  armen16 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm planing to get new RAMs but I'm hoping to buy the best for its price. I don't need something expensive.

Motherboard supports:
- Dual Channel DDR3 memory technology
- 4 x DDR3 DIMM slots
- Supports DDR3 1600/1333/1066/800 non-ECC, un-buffered memory
- Max. capacity of system memory: 16GB*

Take note its a P45 board which is this one

Quote:
And here is a PDF file which shows what RAM's are being supported

Quote:
I've seen some nice RAM's which are also DDR3 1600 which is the G.Skill Ripjaws X but I'm not sure if it supports the motherboard since in the G.Skill website it says its optimized for Sandy Bridge. Some people say its just the marketing hype or something not sure.

The one I was referring to was this one

Quote:
Much appreciated.

See less See more
#6 ·
I don't consider getting 8GB RAMs. And that is out of my price range.
I prefer 4GB.

EDIT

I still don't get it. Will I be able to use a G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x2GB CL7 1600 since this is what the compatibility file shows.

I'm a little confused between Dual & Single channel even I have read on the forums.

For example the motherboard got 4 slots of RAM right. Two on the left and the other two on the right. When using one slot on the left and using another on the right with the same corresponding color that means its dual channel right? So I can still use the first two slots on left and it means single channel?

#8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicko42004200;12633954
yes color maching will run in dual channel. but read your manual to see what color to use. the ripjawz will work but so will the xms3's what ever is cheaper for you. but def. go dual channel. single chanel is way slower.
Thanks. I didn't know there was a big hit from dual or single channel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.