Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › 6970 powercolor versus diamond versus msi
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

6970 powercolor versus diamond versus msi - Page 2

post #11 of 30
Hmm, that funny, because I have absolutely no problems with my XFX products. Just because you have had problems doesn't mean everyone has. They obviously are doing something right if they are still in the market.
The Beast
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1090T 4.2GHz Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 MSI Twin Frozr III 6950 2gb 8GB (2x4GB) GSkill Ripjaws 1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F4 320GB, 2TB ASUS DVD/CD RW Windows 7 3x HP 2311x 
PowerCase
XFX 750W AzzA Hurrican 2000 
  hide details  
Reply
The Beast
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1090T 4.2GHz Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 MSI Twin Frozr III 6950 2gb 8GB (2x4GB) GSkill Ripjaws 1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F4 320GB, 2TB ASUS DVD/CD RW Windows 7 3x HP 2311x 
PowerCase
XFX 750W AzzA Hurrican 2000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaylor0024 View Post
Hmm, that funny, because I have absolutely no problems with my XFX products. Just because you have had problems doesn't mean everyone has. They obviously are doing something right if they are still in the market.
but most of the people have issuses with xfx,u all may be the lucky ones.
Cyrus
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1100T Asus M5A97 Evo R2.0 MSI HD6950 TF III PE 2GB unlocked @ HD6970 2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CL9 @ 1800MHz ... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 HP dvd1260 Zalman CNPS 9900 NT Windows7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster P2250 21.5" 1920x1080 Logitech G105 Corsair gs600 80+ Bronze Corsair Carbide 400R 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Spectre Starcraft II  Razer Goliathus Dragon AgeII Edition (speed) 
  hide details  
Reply
Cyrus
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1100T Asus M5A97 Evo R2.0 MSI HD6950 TF III PE 2GB unlocked @ HD6970 2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CL9 @ 1800MHz ... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 HP dvd1260 Zalman CNPS 9900 NT Windows7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster P2250 21.5" 1920x1080 Logitech G105 Corsair gs600 80+ Bronze Corsair Carbide 400R 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Spectre Starcraft II  Razer Goliathus Dragon AgeII Edition (speed) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket View Post
but most of the people have issuses with xfx,u all may be the lucky ones.
Really? Then how can they still be in business? How can they afford the double lifetime warranties? How do they continue to be a popular brand? Give me exact numbers of the people who bought XFX products, and people that have had problems from a creditable source and I will believe you.

I have had problems with GSkill RAM, does that make them an awful company? Oh no, my Linksys router went out a few months ago, I guess they are terrible too. Crap, my tire went flat a few months back, I guess I can never buy Bridgestone again... I shredded the cover of a Callaway golf ball last summer, I guess they are bad too...
The Beast
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1090T 4.2GHz Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 MSI Twin Frozr III 6950 2gb 8GB (2x4GB) GSkill Ripjaws 1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F4 320GB, 2TB ASUS DVD/CD RW Windows 7 3x HP 2311x 
PowerCase
XFX 750W AzzA Hurrican 2000 
  hide details  
Reply
The Beast
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1090T 4.2GHz Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 MSI Twin Frozr III 6950 2gb 8GB (2x4GB) GSkill Ripjaws 1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F4 320GB, 2TB ASUS DVD/CD RW Windows 7 3x HP 2311x 
PowerCase
XFX 750W AzzA Hurrican 2000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 30
XFX consistently uses the lowest quality parts on all their non reference models (anyone remember the 4890s?), and starting with the 6 series you are unable to remove the GPU cooler without voiding your warranty. If you don't believe me, just look on the back of the PCB of any 6 series card on Newegg, you will see a "VOID IF REMOVED" sticker over two screws required to take the cooler off.

Never dealt with them (nor will I ever) but from what I've seen they're customer service is pretty terrible. I remember NCSpecV81 RMA'ed a 5870 and they wouldn't replace it because of a white residue on the back of the card. He had never even removed the backplate to access that part, and the white crap on it had nothing to do with the card failing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaylor0024 View Post
Really? Then how can they still be in business? How can they afford the double lifetime warranties? How do they continue to be a popular brand? Give me exact numbers of the people who bought XFX products, and people that have had problems from a creditable source and I will believe you.

I have had problems with GSkill RAM, does that make them an awful company? Oh no, my Linksys router went out a few months ago, I guess they are terrible too. Crap, my tire went flat a few months back, I guess I can never buy Bridgestone again... I shredded the cover of a Callaway golf ball last summer, I guess they are bad too...
Many people don't buy XFX anymore. And many people have the same issues with them, that's why the attitude towards XFX is so negative. It's not random instances like you mentioned with G.Skill, Bridgestone, whatever.
FreeNAS
(9 items)
 
Beast
(14 items)
 
Alura :)
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1245 v5 SuperMicro X11SSM-F-O C236 Integrated 2 x 16GB Kingston ValueRAM ECC KVR21E15D8/16 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
5 x 8TB Seagate IronWolf Pro in ZF2 Array CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo FreeNAS 11 EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W Gold 
Case
Fractal Design Node 804 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k Asus Z97 Pro WIFI-AC Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X OC+  G.Skill 4 x 8GB F3-2133C9D-16GXH 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2 x Intel 730 480GB SSD in RAID 0 Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Noctua NH-D15 Winblows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Pixio PX277 Logitech G510 Seasonic SS-660XP2 Fractal Design R4 Blackout 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 Xtrac Ripper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Asus P8Z68-V Pro MSI R7970 Lightning BE 2 x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws 2133mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB and WD Black 1TB Asus DRW-24B1ST Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorPowerCase
Hannspree 24 inch Thermaltake Tough Power TP-750P 750W Gold Cooler Master HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
FreeNAS
(9 items)
 
Beast
(14 items)
 
Alura :)
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1245 v5 SuperMicro X11SSM-F-O C236 Integrated 2 x 16GB Kingston ValueRAM ECC KVR21E15D8/16 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
5 x 8TB Seagate IronWolf Pro in ZF2 Array CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo FreeNAS 11 EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W Gold 
Case
Fractal Design Node 804 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k Asus Z97 Pro WIFI-AC Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X OC+  G.Skill 4 x 8GB F3-2133C9D-16GXH 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2 x Intel 730 480GB SSD in RAID 0 Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Noctua NH-D15 Winblows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Pixio PX277 Logitech G510 Seasonic SS-660XP2 Fractal Design R4 Blackout 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 Xtrac Ripper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Asus P8Z68-V Pro MSI R7970 Lightning BE 2 x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws 2133mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB and WD Black 1TB Asus DRW-24B1ST Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorPowerCase
Hannspree 24 inch Thermaltake Tough Power TP-750P 750W Gold Cooler Master HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopamin3 View Post
XFX consistently uses the lowest quality parts on all their non reference models (anyone remember the 4890s?), and starting with the 6 series you are unable to remove the GPU cooler without voiding your warranty. If you don't believe me, just look on the back of the PCB of any 6 series card on Newegg, you will see a "VOID IF REMOVED" sticker over two screws required to take the cooler off.

Never dealt with them (nor will I ever) but from what I've seen they're customer service is pretty terrible. I remember NCSpecV81 RMA'ed a 5870 and they wouldn't replace it because of a white residue on the back of the card. He had never even removed the backplate to access that part, and the white crap on it had nothing to do with the card failing.


Many people don't buy XFX anymore. And many people have the same issues with them, that's why the attitude towards XFX is so negative. It's not random instances like you mentioned with G.Skill, Bridgestone, whatever.

With the whole void if removed stickers, isn't that for Canada or something? I read somewhere that the warranty is not void in the states if stickers/screws are removed.. Don't quote me on this though
post #16 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkdoutgsxr View Post
With the whole void if removed stickers, isn't that for Canada or something? I read somewhere that the warranty is not void in the states if stickers/screws are removed.. Don't quote me on this though
Yep it's for non-North American markets. I hate company bashers lol.
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post
Yep it's for non-North American markets. I hate company bashers lol.

I actually see this complaint a lot with xfx, I've had an xfx card and never had any problems, they are a little more expensive but have a double lifetime warranty... XFX should try to clear the air with its ill informed north american market lol
post #18 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkdoutgsxr View Post
I actually see this complaint a lot with xfx, I've had an xfx card and never had any problems, they are a little more expensive but have a double lifetime warranty... XFX should try to clear the air with its ill informed north american market lol
It's on their website under warranty. Also lots of companies use them stickers. PSU makers, Corsair, waterblock makers EK, on and on. Why not whine about the rest of them? Why just cry foul over XFX?
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaylor0024 View Post
Really? Then how can they still be in business? How can they afford the double lifetime warranties? How do they continue to be a popular brand? Give me exact numbers of the people who bought XFX products, and people that have had problems from a creditable source and I will believe you.

I have had problems with GSkill RAM, does that make them an awful company? Oh no, my Linksys router went out a few months ago, I guess they are terrible too. Crap, my tire went flat a few months back, I guess I can never buy Bridgestone again... I shredded the cover of a Callaway golf ball last summer, I guess they are bad too...
As u can see other people in the thread are also complaining against xfx.Although they are still in the business,their reputation has gone down by quite a bit.
Cyrus
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1100T Asus M5A97 Evo R2.0 MSI HD6950 TF III PE 2GB unlocked @ HD6970 2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CL9 @ 1800MHz ... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 HP dvd1260 Zalman CNPS 9900 NT Windows7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster P2250 21.5" 1920x1080 Logitech G105 Corsair gs600 80+ Bronze Corsair Carbide 400R 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Spectre Starcraft II  Razer Goliathus Dragon AgeII Edition (speed) 
  hide details  
Reply
Cyrus
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1100T Asus M5A97 Evo R2.0 MSI HD6950 TF III PE 2GB unlocked @ HD6970 2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CL9 @ 1800MHz ... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 HP dvd1260 Zalman CNPS 9900 NT Windows7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster P2250 21.5" 1920x1080 Logitech G105 Corsair gs600 80+ Bronze Corsair Carbide 400R 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Spectre Starcraft II  Razer Goliathus Dragon AgeII Edition (speed) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 30
Anyways this thread is not meant for safeguarding xfx.Its made for suggesting the OP about the best gpu among the three he mentioned.So better u all help him rather than putting a fight.
Cyrus
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1100T Asus M5A97 Evo R2.0 MSI HD6950 TF III PE 2GB unlocked @ HD6970 2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CL9 @ 1800MHz ... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 HP dvd1260 Zalman CNPS 9900 NT Windows7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster P2250 21.5" 1920x1080 Logitech G105 Corsair gs600 80+ Bronze Corsair Carbide 400R 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Spectre Starcraft II  Razer Goliathus Dragon AgeII Edition (speed) 
  hide details  
Reply
Cyrus
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1100T Asus M5A97 Evo R2.0 MSI HD6950 TF III PE 2GB unlocked @ HD6970 2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CL9 @ 1800MHz ... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 HP dvd1260 Zalman CNPS 9900 NT Windows7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster P2250 21.5" 1920x1080 Logitech G105 Corsair gs600 80+ Bronze Corsair Carbide 400R 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Spectre Starcraft II  Razer Goliathus Dragon AgeII Edition (speed) 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › 6970 powercolor versus diamond versus msi