Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Phones › iPhone only Option for Medical Students?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPhone only Option for Medical Students? - Page 2

post #11 of 24
My 3G lags like balls too and it freezes a lot. I always just thought it was from the Jailbreak. good to know the phone is a PoS...

Just have to decide what Android phone I want before I make my move

/off topic lol
teh_ownerer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 950 @ 4.01 Asus rampage 3 EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Corsair XMS3 6GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB + 60GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD Asus Black DVD Combo Burner Windows 7 Professional LG 24" HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair HX series 750W Cool Master HAF 932 Razer Mamba 
  hide details  
Reply
teh_ownerer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 950 @ 4.01 Asus rampage 3 EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Corsair XMS3 6GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB + 60GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD Asus Black DVD Combo Burner Windows 7 Professional LG 24" HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair HX series 750W Cool Master HAF 932 Razer Mamba 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 24
Get what ever phone makes you happy. If a job (or school) requires you to get a specific phone make them pay for it, not you.
Edited by DiHydrogenMonOxide - 3/7/11 at 9:10pm
post #13 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geemaa View Post
My 3G lags like balls too and it freezes a lot. I always just thought it was from the Jailbreak. good to know the phone is a PoS...

Just have to decide what Android phone I want before I make my move

/off topic lol
The phone didn't use to perform like that. The problem is that iOS keeps getting updated and of course the hardware stays the same.

The phone just can't run near as smooth with the extra stuff going on. I'm not sure which version it was, but they actually made a few optimizations for the 3G a while back in a firmware upgrade because the typing lag and other stuff was actually worse than how it is now.

I haven't been under contract for coming up on a year now, so I'm free to have whatever new phone comes out this summer subsidized. The next iPhone better be pretty good, or I'll probably go with an Android phone. The thing that sucks about switching OSes though is any apps you bought on one don't carry over. That's part of the way Apple holds onto people, I'm sure. People spend 10s, 100s, maybe 1000s (if you're crazy) of dollars on apps and don't want to lose them.
Bueller
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K 4.7Ghz @ 1.36v Asus Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte Windforce 780 Ti 3GB 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB Samsung 840 Pro + RAID1 2TB 7200 Hitachis LG 6X Blu-ray Burner Corsair H100i Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG236HE XArmor U9BL-S Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W Corsair 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 SteelSeries 5L O2DAC -> Corsair SP2500 (or O2 amp and Beyerdyn... 
  hide details  
Reply
Bueller
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K 4.7Ghz @ 1.36v Asus Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte Windforce 780 Ti 3GB 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB Samsung 840 Pro + RAID1 2TB 7200 Hitachis LG 6X Blu-ray Burner Corsair H100i Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG236HE XArmor U9BL-S Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W Corsair 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 SteelSeries 5L O2DAC -> Corsair SP2500 (or O2 amp and Beyerdyn... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 24
My iOS apps like Lange's series has definitely helped me study pharmacology. RIM and and droid probably has it too tho.

Note: if you're going apple, might as well get an IPAD so the texts are larger and u can read PDF notes at ease. Just wait until ipad 3 comes out so the resolution is better (:
Edited by rxsocal - 3/7/11 at 9:20pm
I love my baby!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700K 4.7Ghz MSI Z68A-GD80 MSI GTX560 TI Kingston 2 X 4GB 1600MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
60GB Vertex 2, 300GB Raptor, 2TB F4 Lite On 22X DVD-RW+/- Win 7 Ultimate x64 Dell 24" 1920X1200  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Seasonic X650 Gold Corsair 600T Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
I love my baby!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700K 4.7Ghz MSI Z68A-GD80 MSI GTX560 TI Kingston 2 X 4GB 1600MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
60GB Vertex 2, 300GB Raptor, 2TB F4 Lite On 22X DVD-RW+/- Win 7 Ultimate x64 Dell 24" 1920X1200  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Seasonic X650 Gold Corsair 600T Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxsocal View Post
My iOS apps like Lange's series has definitely helped me study pharmacology. RIM and and droid probably has it too tho.

Note: if you're going apple, might as well get an IPAD so the texts are larger and u can read PDF notes at ease. Just wait until ipad 3 comes out so the resolution is better (:
This x10. Nothing is worse than reading lecture notes, periodicals, reference materials, etc on a small cell phone screen. People on OCN scoff at iPads, but I maintain that it's probably necessary for most academics out there.
post #16 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by r31ncarnat3d View Post
This x10. Nothing is worse than reading lecture notes, periodicals, reference materials, etc on a small cell phone screen. People on OCN scoff at iPads, but I maintain that it's probably necessary for most academics out there.
The problem is in this case your probably better going with a small laptop (tablet or otherwise). I'm currently studying engineering and I can see no point in having something in between my desire and my M11x. Maybe thats just me though
post #17 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackeyjoe View Post
The problem is in this case your probably better going with a small laptop (tablet or otherwise). I'm currently studying engineering and I can see no point in having something in between my desire and my M11x. Maybe thats just me though
Easier to load, easier to use, less bulky, uses less power. It sucks as a media creation device, but as a media consumption device I think the iPad is unparalleled.

My laptop (Asus UL30A) is one of the lightest+thinnest laptops I've used, but even then a tablet is much easier to use on the go (and I read a lot of material everyday!)
post #18 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by r31ncarnat3d View Post
Easier to load, easier to use, less bulky, uses less power. It sucks as a media creation device, but as a media consumption device I think the iPad is unparalleled.

My laptop (Asus UL30A) is one of the lightest+thinnest laptops I've used, but even then a tablet is much easier to use on the go (and I read a lot of material everyday!)
Maybe its just me then

I see no point to one but it may be beneficial to others, as you've shown
post #19 of 24
As far as i know the iPhone is the best for medical professionals, lots of great applications available.
post #20 of 24
Boycott that Apple financed medical school!
Mr. Cablemess
(18 items)
 
  
Reply
Mr. Cablemess
(18 items)
 
  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Phones
Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Phones › iPhone only Option for Medical Students?