Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [CVG]New Blizzard MMO will 'blow people's minds'
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[CVG]New Blizzard MMO will 'blow people's minds' - Page 8

post #71 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXjay247Xx View Post
It will most likely be a great game on release, then fail 3 years down the road like wow did.
People that do not understand what Jay has said probably have not played WoW. When WoW came out it was a totally different game than what it is today.

Today its noob friendly, easy mode, boring, and not fun. Most people probably keep subscribing because of social ties or out of habit.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution 2 x Asus GTX470 900/1800/1700 Corsair Vengence 8gb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
120gb ssd, 4 x 1TB F3's Raid 0, 2TB F4 Backup Windows 7 Catleap 27 1440p Enermax Revolution 1050w 
Case
Case Labs M8 with pedestal  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution 2 x Asus GTX470 900/1800/1700 Corsair Vengence 8gb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
120gb ssd, 4 x 1TB F3's Raid 0, 2TB F4 Backup Windows 7 Catleap 27 1440p Enermax Revolution 1050w 
Case
Case Labs M8 with pedestal  
  hide details  
Reply
post #72 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somenamehere View Post
People that do not understand what Jay has said probably have not played WoW. When WoW came out it was a totally different game than what it is today.

Today its noob friendly, easy mode, boring, and not fun. Most people probably keep subscribing because of social ties or out of habit.
I disagree. Originally it was extremely tedious and forced you to contribute a huge amount of time into doing the same thing over, and over, and over.
Now you can actually get up to the higher levels (where the game actually becomes fun) much faster.

I played before lich king came out, only got to like level 25 and was sick of it.
Played again more recently and got several characters to higher level than the first time and I did it much faster and overall enjoyed a much more dynamic and versitile game. Yet eventually got bored again.

I cant dedicate hundreds of hours to a stupid video game. So I guess Im just a "noob"
post #73 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Pyros View Post
Yes. Correct. You got it. Any game can last as long as you want it to. Battlefield 2 has provided 6 years of great enjoyment. America's Army (a free game) lasted me a good 5 years of great times. Tribes 2 lasted me about 2-3 years and it was $20.

Buy a $50/$60 game (or for $3-$10 on Steam)

Play it until I beat it.

Sell it (retail games) for $20-$30.

Rinse and repeat.
I use to be an MMO freak, but i always found WoW Extremely repetitive and boring, but before WoW i played about 30+ other mmo's so to me WoW was no innovation in any way at all. I personally do not like WoW. I have plenty of friends who play it and when i did play it to try it out the community was horrible. It consist of mainly people who have never heard of MMO before WoW or even know that others exist so to them WoW is the god, they play because their friends play, and ect ect. Sheep will always be sheep, as simple as that. I agree with you 100%, i Bought counter strike 1.6 for 9$ and have been playing it for good 11 years now and still am and enjoying it, and i don't have to pay monthly fees for it. Just because a game has 12 million idiots who are willing to pay 15$ a month for a game that is the EXACT same thing as 50+ other free mmo's out there, thats their choice. I personally will never pay monthly for any game.
Reply
Reply
post #74 of 158
WoW Vanilla (Original from 2004) was better for maybe hardcore players. My personal favorite was TBC, even though people don't like it. Wrath made the game a bit easier. Cataclysm made the game too easy to level up, but since there's so many levels, it's actually not a bad thing to get to max level in 1 month of playing while doing trades not only grind and questing.

But yet, it is true, WoW is still very successful, I stopped playing it because I think 15$/month + the initial 120$ with all expensions was just too much. If it was 5$, man they would have even more players.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 945 (BD) Gigabyte 990FX-UD3 PowerColor HD 6870 1GB Mushkin Frostbyte 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital - Black Caviar 500GB Generic LG DVD/Writter Windows 7 Ultimate 1280x1024 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Compaq Stock Corsair 750Tx HAF X Microsoft 
Mouse Pad
Periodic Table Mouse Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 945 (BD) Gigabyte 990FX-UD3 PowerColor HD 6870 1GB Mushkin Frostbyte 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital - Black Caviar 500GB Generic LG DVD/Writter Windows 7 Ultimate 1280x1024 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Compaq Stock Corsair 750Tx HAF X Microsoft 
Mouse Pad
Periodic Table Mouse Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #75 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWolf575 View Post
I use to be an MMO freak, but i always found WoW Extremely repetitive and boring, but before WoW i played about 30+ other mmo's so to me WoW was no innovation in any way at all. I personally do not like WoW. I have plenty of friends who play it and when i did play it to try it out the community was horrible. It consist of mainly people who have never heard of MMO before WoW or even know that others exist so to them WoW is the god, they play because their friends play, and ect ect. Sheep will always be sheep, as simple as that. I agree with you 100%, i Bought counter strike 1.6 for 9$ and have been playing it for good 11 years now and still am and enjoying it, and i don't have to pay monthly fees for it. Just because a game has 12 million idiots who are willing to pay 15$ a month for a game that is the EXACT same thing as 50+ other free mmo's out there, thats their choice. I personally will never pay monthly for any game.
U MAD, BRUH?

What game can claim to have even 1/100th of the content WoW offers? That's a foolish claim to make, and more importantly, it's pretty obvious those other MMO's that WoW is "exactly alike" with don't have even a fraction of the success.

I don't play WoW anymore because of my busy schedule, but I own both games (WoW and CS 1.6). There isn't a bone in my body that considers CS on the same tier as WoW. I've probably played CS 1.6 for 10-15 hours since buying it last year...it's SO BORING. The graphics are worse than Socom I on PS2...much worse. The community consists of racist, unintelligent morons (at least from what I've experienced) who probably never leave their mother's houses, let alone say those things in the "real world". On WoW, while I mostly stayed to myself, the few times I did engage in talks with strangers, it was a pleasant experience. My favorite part was exploring the unlimited maps....
post #76 of 158
Vanilla WoW was about skill and not gear like it is today. I had ****ty gear but I was placing #1 in bgs and taking out all those e-peen raiders in duels in front of org. You had to know your class, today you just have to know how to mash the keyboard.

Also, the environment was much more friendlier. The amount of world PVP in Vanilla WoW was amazing - it is impossible to describe. Scarlet Monastery... Hillsbrad Foothills... STV...
post #77 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingDivs View Post
U MAD, BRUH?

What game can claim to have even 1/100th of the content WoW offers? That's a foolish claim to make, and more importantly, it's pretty obvious those other MMO's that WoW is "exactly alike" with don't have even a fraction of the success.

I don't play WoW anymore because of my busy schedule, but I own both games (WoW and CS 1.6). There isn't a bone in my body that considers CS on the same tier as WoW. I've probably played CS 1.6 for 10-15 hours since buying it last year...it's SO BORING. The graphics are worse than Socom I on PS2...much worse. The community consists of racist, unintelligent morons (at least from what I've experienced) who probably never leave their mother's houses, let alone say those things in the "real world". On WoW, while I mostly stayed to myself, the few times I did engage in talks with strangers, it was a pleasant experience. My favorite part was exploring the unlimited maps....
You do realize that there is a reason why CS is considered the Father of online FPS gaming? And that CS is 3 years older then socom. You sir, fail. I'm sorry thats the experience you got, but obviously you are not a fan of tactic gameplay, and more of run around and spray and pray everything(COD play). Also the community, you've got to be kidding me, to even compare WoW community to CS, you sir, obviously have no clue as to what you are talking about. Cs is not on the same tier as WoW? You serious? CS INVENTED online fps gaming, it was the first game ever to to take fps in to the online community. WoW Just redesigned an already known and already beaten genre, MMO. You can't compare a game that created its own genre to a game that only redid an old one.
Reply
Reply
post #78 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWolf575 View Post
You do realize that there is a reason why CS is considered the Father of online FPS gaming? And that CS is 3 years older then socom. You sir, fail. I'm sorry thats the experience you got, but obviously you are not a fan of tactic gameplay, and more of run around and spray and pray everything(COD play). Also the community, you've got to be kidding me, to even compare WoW community to CS, you sir, obviously have no clue as to what you are talking about. Cs is not on the same tier as WoW? You serious? CS INVENTED online fps gaming, it was the first game ever to to take fps in to the online community. WoW Just redesigned an already known and already beaten genre, MMO. You can't compare a game that created its own genre to a game that only redid an old one.
Wait...so just because it's older, it should have worse graphics? What about WoW, which is beyond beautiful? It's 10x superior graphically than CS 1.6...

Way to go pegging me as a "Spray & Pray" FPS player...too bad that's about as far off as it can get, bud. I just found CS 1.6 the same, but with more camping.

Congrats...I'm glad CS "invented" online FPS shooters...the problem is that just because one game "invented" a genre doesn't somehow place it on a pedestal in comparison to a game that has such a huge following, even 7+ years after release, that they have what seems like weekly updates/patches.
post #79 of 158
I'll be blown away when Blizzard starts to develop and release games in a sensible time frame
Keres
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 3.2ghz Asus Maximus Formula Special Edition 6970 4GB Corsair Dominator PC8500 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2tb + 1tb + 500gb Samsung Spinpoints Windows 7 x64 Samsung T240 Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec Quattro 850W Haf 932 Razer Diamondback 
  hide details  
Reply
Keres
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 3.2ghz Asus Maximus Formula Special Edition 6970 4GB Corsair Dominator PC8500 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2tb + 1tb + 500gb Samsung Spinpoints Windows 7 x64 Samsung T240 Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec Quattro 850W Haf 932 Razer Diamondback 
  hide details  
Reply
post #80 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingDivs View Post
There isn't a bone in my body that considers CS on the same tier as WoW. I've probably played CS 1.6 for 10-15 hours since buying it last year...it's SO BORING. The graphics are worse than Socom I on PS2...much worse. The community consists of racist, unintelligent morons (at least from what I've experienced) who probably never leave their mother's houses, let alone say those things in the "real world". On WoW, while I mostly stayed to myself, the few times I did engage in talks with strangers, it was a pleasant experience. My favorite part was exploring the unlimited maps....
Rofl
You dont play 1.6 for the graphics or for socializing. Its about gameplay.
Anyway, If the graphics bother you so much why dont you play CSS?

Also the graphics in wow are borderline embarrassing. The recent updates made it a lot better, but its still pretty bad. It pretty much has to be because of the size of the map.
Nobody plays wow for the graphics, just like nobody plays 1.6 for the graphics.
Youre argument makes very little sense.
Edited by Full_Tilt - 3/7/11 at 6:43pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [CVG]New Blizzard MMO will 'blow people's minds'