Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › 30" crew, picture request
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

30" crew, picture request - Page 4

post #31 of 49
I have the exact same setup as yange88she, actually got inspired after I saw his setup

I just did some measurement. On the 3007WFP-HC, including bezel, the monitor is 17.5x27.2 inches. The stand will raise it another inch off the table, up to 4 or 5 inches I think.

When I have 3x in portrait mode, diagonal measurement is 58 inches. My setup has the 2x side monitors at a slight angle (~10 degrees), so it should be a bit bigger than that. I keep them 2ft from the edge of the table.

Here are some pictures with reference objects, including my Atrix 4G and a standard 3.5" HDD.

For gaming, I'd go with either a used 3007WFP, 3007WFP-HC, or a HP ZR30W. These three monitors do not have built in OSD and therefore offer the lowest lag of any 30" panels.






My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Asus P8Z77M-Pro Sapphire 7970 Mushkin DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Crucial M4 Thermalright HR-02 Macho Accelero Xtreme Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 3007WFP-HC Deck Legend Ice Tactile Corsair AX650 Silverstone TJ08-E 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 SteelSeries QcK+ 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Asus P8Z77M-Pro Sapphire 7970 Mushkin DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Crucial M4 Thermalright HR-02 Macho Accelero Xtreme Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 3007WFP-HC Deck Legend Ice Tactile Corsair AX650 Silverstone TJ08-E 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 SteelSeries QcK+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl0w3n View Post
haha are you saying you've just become so accustomed to what FPS looks like what that you can see that minimal of a FPS drop, or are you cheating and turning on vsync on a 60hz and saying you notice the tearing when FPS isn't fast enough for refresh
I can just see that small of a drop. I assume that makes me particularly qualified to comment on the input lag, since lots of members here can't tell the difference between 40 and 60 fps, lol.




Quote:
Thing is, it's not spending a little more, and more like spending $400 more at least. I could use that $400 to get me a new keyboard, mouse+pad, and soundcard and then be ready to get my new speakers and have an entirely complete setup
Ugh lol.

Damn, I wonder if there is anywhere I can find these both on display to compare. I'll call up frys, I don't remember seeing any 30" there but maybe.
Are the Dells that cheap? I think my ZR30w was 1150.

As for frys, from what I've seen they'll only have a 30" as a display for some fancy alienware computer to make it look good. It's unlikely they'll have two specific models to compare, but you might be able to at least see a 30" in the flesh. It'll give you an idea of the desktop space you get at least.
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 49
Looking good neighbor!!
Rice Burner
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920@4.2 1.35 volts EVGA Classified 759 nf200 2xZotac 580 gtx 3gb G Skill 3x4gb PC12800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
X25M G2 + 10TB of "data pr0nz" Lite On Win 7 64bit 3007 wfp-hc x 3 "Surround" 5156x2560 oh yea! 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G19 Corsair AX1200 Corsair 600T Razer Mamba 
Mouse Pad
Steel Series 5L 
  hide details  
Reply
Rice Burner
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920@4.2 1.35 volts EVGA Classified 759 nf200 2xZotac 580 gtx 3gb G Skill 3x4gb PC12800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
X25M G2 + 10TB of "data pr0nz" Lite On Win 7 64bit 3007 wfp-hc x 3 "Surround" 5156x2560 oh yea! 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G19 Corsair AX1200 Corsair 600T Razer Mamba 
Mouse Pad
Steel Series 5L 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 49
ebolamonkey3: That is awesome. How do you get SC2 to span multiple monitors? I thought it was locked at 1080 max?

I bought a 3011 last night, and will report back with pictures when it arrives. I too am curious what I will see when I play Black Ops on it.
Big Dog
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k at 4.5GHz Asus Maximus VII Hero AMD Firepro W7000 Silicon Power 2 x 8Gb 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2xWD 1Tb 64Mb RAID 1 Samsung 840 Evo 250Gb Samsung DVD Under water 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Linux Mint / Win7 Pro Dell U3011 and 2007WFP  Filco Ninja Tenkeyless, red switches Crosair TX950W 
CaseMouseAudio
CM HAF932 Razer Death Adder Asus Essense STX, HD555 
  hide details  
Reply
Big Dog
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k at 4.5GHz Asus Maximus VII Hero AMD Firepro W7000 Silicon Power 2 x 8Gb 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2xWD 1Tb 64Mb RAID 1 Samsung 840 Evo 250Gb Samsung DVD Under water 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Linux Mint / Win7 Pro Dell U3011 and 2007WFP  Filco Ninja Tenkeyless, red switches Crosair TX950W 
CaseMouseAudio
CM HAF932 Razer Death Adder Asus Essense STX, HD555 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 49
Damnit i talked my self out of this size monitor and now im talking my self back into it.
 
Zues Jr
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 1.25v Asus P6T Deluxe V2 Sapphire 5970 Corsair Dominators 3x2 TR3X6G1600C8D 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25 G2 80gb 1tb Caviar Black 1tb Cavi Green 1tb Caviar Green Western Digital Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit HP ZR30W + LG L226WTQ 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco majestouch cherry blue Corsair TX 750W Antec 1200 G500 
Mouse Pad
Steel Series 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K Asus Sabertooth X79 EVGA GTX 680 4GB FTW CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (4 x 4GB) CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8R 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
SSD Intel 80gb Caviar Black 1TB Caviar Green 1TB H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64bit Professional HPZR30W + LG22" Flico Mechanical Blue Switches Corsair AX850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 650D G400 Steel Series XL Asus Xonar D2 PM 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Zues Jr
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 1.25v Asus P6T Deluxe V2 Sapphire 5970 Corsair Dominators 3x2 TR3X6G1600C8D 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25 G2 80gb 1tb Caviar Black 1tb Cavi Green 1tb Caviar Green Western Digital Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit HP ZR30W + LG L226WTQ 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco majestouch cherry blue Corsair TX 750W Antec 1200 G500 
Mouse Pad
Steel Series 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K Asus Sabertooth X79 EVGA GTX 680 4GB FTW CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (4 x 4GB) CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8R 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
SSD Intel 80gb Caviar Black 1TB Caviar Green 1TB H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64bit Professional HPZR30W + LG22" Flico Mechanical Blue Switches Corsair AX850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 650D G400 Steel Series XL Asus Xonar D2 PM 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebolamonkey3 View Post
I have the exact same setup as yange88she, actually got inspired after I saw his setup

I just did some measurement. On the 3007WFP-HC, including bezel, the monitor is 17.5x27.2 inches. The stand will raise it another inch off the table, up to 4 or 5 inches I think.

When I have 3x in portrait mode, diagonal measurement is 58 inches. My setup has the 2x side monitors at a slight angle (~10 degrees), so it should be a bit bigger than that. I keep them 2ft from the edge of the table.

Here are some pictures with reference objects, including my Atrix 4G and a standard 3.5" HDD.

For gaming, I'd go with either a used 3007WFP, 3007WFP-HC, or a HP ZR30W. These three monitors do not have built in OSD and therefore offer the lowest lag of any 30" panels.

[IMG]http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/ebolamonkey3/Miscellaneous/172707_1347675928208_1120590008_31527763_6226673_o .jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/ebolamonkey3/Miscellaneous/IMG_0556.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/ebolamonkey3/Miscellaneous/IMG_0557.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/ebolamonkey3/Miscellaneous/IMG_0558.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/ebolamonkey3/Miscellaneous/IMG_0559.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/ebolamonkey3/Miscellaneous/IMG_0561.jpg[/IMG
Great work, thanks for sharing those. I wish I could run that setup

Thanks for calculating some measurements too, as well as reference items. Appreciate that.

Are the 3007WFT easy to come by? What do they go for used?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy9000 View Post
I can just see that small of a drop. I assume that makes me particularly qualified to comment on the input lag, since lots of members here can't tell the difference between 40 and 60 fps, lol.

Are the Dells that cheap? I think my ZR30w was 1150.

As for frys, from what I've seen they'll only have a 30" as a display for some fancy alienware computer to make it look good. It's unlikely they'll have two specific models to compare, but you might be able to at least see a 30" in the flesh. It'll give you an idea of the desktop space you get at least.
Yes if you can then it does make you qualified haha.
Lets put it this way, will I notice a difference in input lag between my u2211h and u3011?

The dells are 1400, but I have means of getting a decent deal on them brand new from Dell Small Business and that saves me a good chunk of money.

Yeah like I mentioned I don't remember seeing any really, and I do know they have an eyefinity setup that keeps taking a dump because people mess with the hardware or something, so it's always just sitting there not powered on lol.

Yeah I'd like an in-person view of one at least, but side by side would be ultimate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by esp42089 View Post
ebolamonkey3: That is awesome. How do you get SC2 to span multiple monitors? I thought it was locked at 1080 max?

I bought a 3011 last night, and will report back with pictures when it arrives. I too am curious what I will see when I play Black Ops on it.
Awesome, please do let me know your experience with it.

If you could, have some one take a picture of you holding just the screen prior to attaching the stand, for reference? I never realized just how big SR-2's were until I saw some one holding it in front of them.
Test
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 x79-UD3 EVGA GTX 670 Samsung 1.35v low pro 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
Crucial M4 Yamakasi Catleap Ducky DK-1087 ST-1000G 
CaseMouse
Lian Li A71F Steelseries - Ikari 
  hide details  
Reply
Test
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 x79-UD3 EVGA GTX 670 Samsung 1.35v low pro 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
Crucial M4 Yamakasi Catleap Ducky DK-1087 ST-1000G 
CaseMouse
Lian Li A71F Steelseries - Ikari 
  hide details  
Reply
post #37 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl0w3n View Post

Yes if you can then it does make you qualified haha.
Lets put it this way, will I notice a difference in input lag between my u2211h and u3011?
That's a good point. I'm not sure what the input lag for the u2211h is, but it stands to reason if they are similar you wouldn't notice any difference in that regard.

Quote:
The dells are 1400, but I have means of getting a decent deal on them brand new from Dell Small Business and that saves me a good chunk of money.
Well I think at that price they are worth a shot even if you might not like it... even if you hate it, at that large of a discount it should be pretty easy to make your money back reselling it.
Quote:
Yeah like I mentioned I don't remember seeing any really, and I do know they have an eyefinity setup that keeps taking a dump because people mess with the hardware or something, so it's always just sitting there not powered on lol.
They probably won't have a 30" then . Except if you look in the apple section, they might have one of the 30" apple displays tucked away in there. Apple people tend to be more the type to spend $1k+ on a display randomly at frys.
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy9000 View Post
That's a good point. I'm not sure what the input lag for the u2211h is, but it stands to reason if they are similar you wouldn't notice any difference in that regard.
Yeah I just thought of that when reading your response. I mean, the main purpose here is obviously upgrading, so I would love to upgrade the input lag even if the u3011 and u2211h have the same...but at that price I don't think it's worth it to spend the extra money for something I could possibly not notice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy9000
Well I think at that price they are worth a shot even if you might not like it... even if you hate it, at that large of a discount it should be pretty easy to make your money back reselling it.
Yeah that is true, didn't think of the resale...should I find that there are features I don't like I could probably sell it and buy the HP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy9000
They probably won't have a 30" then . Except if you look in the apple section, they might have one of the 30" apple displays tucked away in there. Apple people tend to be more the type to spend $1k+ on a display randomly at frys.
Ah this is true, but don't the apple displays have a massive waste of space white bezel?
:laughter: at apple people.
Test
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 x79-UD3 EVGA GTX 670 Samsung 1.35v low pro 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
Crucial M4 Yamakasi Catleap Ducky DK-1087 ST-1000G 
CaseMouse
Lian Li A71F Steelseries - Ikari 
  hide details  
Reply
Test
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 x79-UD3 EVGA GTX 670 Samsung 1.35v low pro 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
Crucial M4 Yamakasi Catleap Ducky DK-1087 ST-1000G 
CaseMouse
Lian Li A71F Steelseries - Ikari 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl0w3n View Post
Ah this is true, but don't the apple displays have a massive waste of space white bezel?
:laughter: at apple people.
They do have one advantage though, which is that the front of the screen isn't actually the front of the panel itself. So if you have some dumb people living with you who love to poke your $1000 monitor every time they wanna show you something () it's good to know that they're only poking a cheaply replaceable sheet of glass held on by magnets, not the panel itself.

Watch the first 13 seconds of this:

Edited by Manyak - 3/9/11 at 5:51am
Server
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5-3470 ASRock Z77 Extreme6 16 GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3-1600 1TB WD Caviar Black 
Hard DriveCoolingOSCase
4TB WD Caviar Red Cooler Master Hyper 212+ VMWare ESXi NZXT Crafted Series Tempest 410 
OtherOtherOther
LSI 9280-16i4e RAID Card Intel I350 Quad Port Gigabit NIC Intel Pro/1000 PT Dual Port Gigabit NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
Server
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5-3470 ASRock Z77 Extreme6 16 GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3-1600 1TB WD Caviar Black 
Hard DriveCoolingOSCase
4TB WD Caviar Red Cooler Master Hyper 212+ VMWare ESXi NZXT Crafted Series Tempest 410 
OtherOtherOther
LSI 9280-16i4e RAID Card Intel I350 Quad Port Gigabit NIC Intel Pro/1000 PT Dual Port Gigabit NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manyak View Post
They do have one advantage though, which is that the front of the screen isn't actually the front of the panel itself. So if you have some dumb people living with you who love to poke your $1000 monitor every time they wanna show you something () it's good to know that they're only poking a cheaply replaceable sheet of glass held on by magnets, not the panel itself.

Watch the first 13 seconds of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frfzESC-ahM
Wow that is a fantastic point actually, I truly hate when people do that to my $300 monitor...now I'm worried about when I get the new one.
I had this girl over and she pointed twice by putting her finger on it and I just cringed each time. I spent like 30 minutes after she left with my monitor off the stand trying to get those oily little marks off! I swear she dipped her finger in oil before she came.
Test
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 x79-UD3 EVGA GTX 670 Samsung 1.35v low pro 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
Crucial M4 Yamakasi Catleap Ducky DK-1087 ST-1000G 
CaseMouse
Lian Li A71F Steelseries - Ikari 
  hide details  
Reply
Test
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 x79-UD3 EVGA GTX 670 Samsung 1.35v low pro 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
Crucial M4 Yamakasi Catleap Ducky DK-1087 ST-1000G 
CaseMouse
Lian Li A71F Steelseries - Ikari 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › 30" crew, picture request