Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Such a bad set up...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Such a bad set up... - Page 2

post #11 of 24
Did she set the other TV/monitor to boot? Like for example if I have my TV set to display, when I boot I can see my monitor but soon as its in windows, it goes straight to TV and unless I have TV on I can't see what I am doing until I go into display and change main display to monitor again.
Coal Factory
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 4770 Gigabyte Z97-HD3 PowerColor R9 380 8GB G Skill DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin 240GB SSD WD Blue 1TB LG BR/DVD-RW Stock 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 28" Asus Corsair CX600 Rosewill Star Predator 
  hide details  
Reply
Coal Factory
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 4770 Gigabyte Z97-HD3 PowerColor R9 380 8GB G Skill DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin 240GB SSD WD Blue 1TB LG BR/DVD-RW Stock 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 28" Asus Corsair CX600 Rosewill Star Predator 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfizz84 View Post
Did she set the other TV/monitor to boot? Like for example if I have my TV set to display, when I boot I can see my monitor but soon as its in windows, it goes straight to TV and unless I have TV on I can't see what I am doing until I go into display and change main display to monitor again.
I think she did that, and changed the resolution on the TV to something it did not support, because the TV goes blank as well as the monitor. With yet another monitor, one that supports better resolution I can get the extended desktop to come up, but that's about all she wrote.
Edited by ShamelessTR - 3/17/11 at 11:13am
Home
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athalon 64 x2 5200+ 2.6Ghz ASUS M2N-Plus SLI XLR8 Performance Edition 8800+GT 4 gigs DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
250 gig 2x Toshiba DVD-RW w/ lightscribe Windows XP Logitech 
CaseMouse
NZXT Beta Evo Dynex 
  hide details  
Reply
Home
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athalon 64 x2 5200+ 2.6Ghz ASUS M2N-Plus SLI XLR8 Performance Edition 8800+GT 4 gigs DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
250 gig 2x Toshiba DVD-RW w/ lightscribe Windows XP Logitech 
CaseMouse
NZXT Beta Evo Dynex 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 24
Oh man that sucks. I am amazed she did it though considering that it asks you if you want to keep these settings before it finalizes them, so she had to click on the yes button with no video. Either that or she just hit enter within the few seconds, lol.
Coal Factory
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 4770 Gigabyte Z97-HD3 PowerColor R9 380 8GB G Skill DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin 240GB SSD WD Blue 1TB LG BR/DVD-RW Stock 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 28" Asus Corsair CX600 Rosewill Star Predator 
  hide details  
Reply
Coal Factory
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 4770 Gigabyte Z97-HD3 PowerColor R9 380 8GB G Skill DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin 240GB SSD WD Blue 1TB LG BR/DVD-RW Stock 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 28" Asus Corsair CX600 Rosewill Star Predator 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfizz84 View Post
Oh man that sucks. I am amazed she did it though considering that it asks you if you want to keep these settings before it finalizes them, so she had to click on the yes button with no video. Either that or she just hit enter within the few seconds, lol.
Ha ha, yes for anyone who is smart enough to click apply instead of ok. If you click ok it doesn't ask it just does it. Another brilliant idea brought to you by windows.
Home
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athalon 64 x2 5200+ 2.6Ghz ASUS M2N-Plus SLI XLR8 Performance Edition 8800+GT 4 gigs DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
250 gig 2x Toshiba DVD-RW w/ lightscribe Windows XP Logitech 
CaseMouse
NZXT Beta Evo Dynex 
  hide details  
Reply
Home
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athalon 64 x2 5200+ 2.6Ghz ASUS M2N-Plus SLI XLR8 Performance Edition 8800+GT 4 gigs DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
250 gig 2x Toshiba DVD-RW w/ lightscribe Windows XP Logitech 
CaseMouse
NZXT Beta Evo Dynex 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 24
Ahhh you're on XP. I cannot remember. 7 though anytime you change display features, it asks you are you sure you want to keep these settings and then has a countdown timer. They ought to make a fail safe key combo that reverts all displays back to default. Write to em. Maybe you can end up in a commercial, lol. Windows 8 was my idea, haha.
Coal Factory
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 4770 Gigabyte Z97-HD3 PowerColor R9 380 8GB G Skill DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin 240GB SSD WD Blue 1TB LG BR/DVD-RW Stock 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 28" Asus Corsair CX600 Rosewill Star Predator 
  hide details  
Reply
Coal Factory
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 4770 Gigabyte Z97-HD3 PowerColor R9 380 8GB G Skill DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin 240GB SSD WD Blue 1TB LG BR/DVD-RW Stock 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 28" Asus Corsair CX600 Rosewill Star Predator 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfizz84 View Post
Ahhh you're on XP. I cannot remember. 7 though anytime you change display features, it asks you are you sure you want to keep these settings and then has a countdown timer. They ought to make a fail safe key combo that reverts all displays back to default. Write to em. Maybe you can end up in a commercial, lol. Windows 8 was my idea, haha.
Ha ha. Oh lord... Maybe I should. There should be a better fail safe, and yes I am using XP. At least it's stable... for the most part. I figure when I'm ready to pay to upgrade I'll switch on over to Linux, until then I will continue to freeload on XP, were my four gigs of ram is all I'm allowed to have anyway.

P.S. For future reference the keystroke for changing resolution blind (at least on XP) is winkey+r, "desk.cpl", Ctrl+Tab x4, Alt+S, Left left left, space enter enter. Ha ha.
Edited by ShamelessTR - 3/17/11 at 11:28am
Home
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athalon 64 x2 5200+ 2.6Ghz ASUS M2N-Plus SLI XLR8 Performance Edition 8800+GT 4 gigs DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
250 gig 2x Toshiba DVD-RW w/ lightscribe Windows XP Logitech 
CaseMouse
NZXT Beta Evo Dynex 
  hide details  
Reply
Home
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athalon 64 x2 5200+ 2.6Ghz ASUS M2N-Plus SLI XLR8 Performance Edition 8800+GT 4 gigs DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
250 gig 2x Toshiba DVD-RW w/ lightscribe Windows XP Logitech 
CaseMouse
NZXT Beta Evo Dynex 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 24
Quickly going back to the safe mode thing mentioned on the first page, I don't understand how it couldn't load...my motherboard does not have onboard video either, I use an nVidia card, and safe mode boots up fine.
Your graphics card doesn't need the drivers running to display a picture. Your graphics card needs drivers to make all the bells and whistles work and to display at better resolutions.
post #18 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyap7 View Post
Quickly going back to the safe mode thing mentioned on the first page, I don't understand how it couldn't load...my motherboard does not have onboard video either, I use an nVidia card, and safe mode boots up fine.
Your graphics card doesn't need the drivers running to display a picture. Your graphics card needs drivers to make all the bells and whistles work and to display at better resolutions.
I don't know, but starting up in safe mode gives me absolutely no display. It does not even show the windows start up screen. It runs it's prompt, pretends to start, then I get zilch. Might be another problem entirely.
Home
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athalon 64 x2 5200+ 2.6Ghz ASUS M2N-Plus SLI XLR8 Performance Edition 8800+GT 4 gigs DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
250 gig 2x Toshiba DVD-RW w/ lightscribe Windows XP Logitech 
CaseMouse
NZXT Beta Evo Dynex 
  hide details  
Reply
Home
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athalon 64 x2 5200+ 2.6Ghz ASUS M2N-Plus SLI XLR8 Performance Edition 8800+GT 4 gigs DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
250 gig 2x Toshiba DVD-RW w/ lightscribe Windows XP Logitech 
CaseMouse
NZXT Beta Evo Dynex 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamelessTR View Post
I don't know, but starting up in safe mode gives me absolutely no display. It does not even show the windows start up screen. It runs it's prompt, pretends to start, then I get zilch. Might be another problem entirely.
It might be actually :/ Have you tried a Windows reinstall?
post #20 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyap7 View Post
It might be actually :/ Have you tried a Windows reinstall?
It's a pretty fresh install. Hell the whole system is fresh... Ish. Ha ha. I finally have everything to my liking, I don't like the idea of restarting... Again. Once every six months is fine. -Laughs.-
Home
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athalon 64 x2 5200+ 2.6Ghz ASUS M2N-Plus SLI XLR8 Performance Edition 8800+GT 4 gigs DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
250 gig 2x Toshiba DVD-RW w/ lightscribe Windows XP Logitech 
CaseMouse
NZXT Beta Evo Dynex 
  hide details  
Reply
Home
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athalon 64 x2 5200+ 2.6Ghz ASUS M2N-Plus SLI XLR8 Performance Edition 8800+GT 4 gigs DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
250 gig 2x Toshiba DVD-RW w/ lightscribe Windows XP Logitech 
CaseMouse
NZXT Beta Evo Dynex 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Such a bad set up...