Overclock.net › Forums › Consumer Electronics › Photography › 70-200 2.8 Sigma?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

70-200 2.8 Sigma? - Page 6

post #51 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live_free View Post
Does spending a lot of a filter matter? I want to grab a polarizing filter and saw this. Price seemed right.


http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...zer_Glass.html
Not spending a lot necessarily, but getting a decent one, yes. For one thing, that's a linear polarizer and as the description says, is for MF SLRs and non TTL metering cameras. You need a circular polarizing filter.

Why a polarizer anyway for a 70-200?
Brick Sh*thouse
(26 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2520M Lenovo ThinkPad X220 Intel i5 Motherboard 04W2109 Intel HD3000 Crucial 4x2 GB DDR3 PC1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 120GB SSD Nope Itty-Bitty Fans and Heatsinks Windows 10 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 12.5" 1366x768 IPS Lenovo Keyboard Lenovo 90W AC Adapter Lenovo X Series ThinkPad Chassis 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech M510 Desk Conexant 1 Watt Stereo Speakers Lenovo TrackPoint 
Other
Lenovo TouchPad 
  hide details  
Reply
Brick Sh*thouse
(26 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2520M Lenovo ThinkPad X220 Intel i5 Motherboard 04W2109 Intel HD3000 Crucial 4x2 GB DDR3 PC1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 120GB SSD Nope Itty-Bitty Fans and Heatsinks Windows 10 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 12.5" 1366x768 IPS Lenovo Keyboard Lenovo 90W AC Adapter Lenovo X Series ThinkPad Chassis 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech M510 Desk Conexant 1 Watt Stereo Speakers Lenovo TrackPoint 
Other
Lenovo TouchPad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52 of 62
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneTomorrow View Post
Not spending a lot necessarily, but getting a decent one, yes. For one thing, that's a linear polarizer and as the description says, is for MF SLRs and non TTL metering cameras. You need a circular polarizing filter.

Why a polarizer anyway for a 70-200?
I live in WA and was under the assumption outdoors polarizers help keep the in focus, and out of focus elements exposed better without the blow outs. Also just from my usage of them I like the results.

EDIT: I am only seeing ones for 80 and above being 77mm circular polarizers, and I would prefer not to spend that much as I just spent 820 on a lens.
post #53 of 62
Shane's Rig.
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
Shane's Rig.
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
post #54 of 62
Thread Starter 
*Sad Face*

I should have just got the 70 dollar one allens camera had and would have got it at the same time.

Dammit, my bad.
post #55 of 62
Yep, never cheap out if you need filters. Your lens is only as good as the glass you put in front of it.

I'll never see a need for filters as long as I'm on digital.
Shane's Rig.
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
Shane's Rig.
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
post #56 of 62
ND filters and CP filters will never be able to be replicated in post.
post #57 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live_free View Post
I live in WA and was under the assumption outdoors polarizers help keep the in focus, and out of focus elements exposed better without the blow outs. Also just from my usage of them I like the results.

EDIT: I am only seeing ones for 80 and above being 77mm circular polarizers, and I would prefer not to spend that much as I just spent 820 on a lens.
Hm, I don't know about that. CPL's do cut out the total amount of light (typically 1 or 2 stops), but their main usage is removing glare and/or reflections from windows, water, etc., and for enhancing blue skies.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tu...larizers.shtml
Brick Sh*thouse
(26 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2520M Lenovo ThinkPad X220 Intel i5 Motherboard 04W2109 Intel HD3000 Crucial 4x2 GB DDR3 PC1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 120GB SSD Nope Itty-Bitty Fans and Heatsinks Windows 10 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 12.5" 1366x768 IPS Lenovo Keyboard Lenovo 90W AC Adapter Lenovo X Series ThinkPad Chassis 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech M510 Desk Conexant 1 Watt Stereo Speakers Lenovo TrackPoint 
Other
Lenovo TouchPad 
  hide details  
Reply
Brick Sh*thouse
(26 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2520M Lenovo ThinkPad X220 Intel i5 Motherboard 04W2109 Intel HD3000 Crucial 4x2 GB DDR3 PC1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 120GB SSD Nope Itty-Bitty Fans and Heatsinks Windows 10 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 12.5" 1366x768 IPS Lenovo Keyboard Lenovo 90W AC Adapter Lenovo X Series ThinkPad Chassis 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech M510 Desk Conexant 1 Watt Stereo Speakers Lenovo TrackPoint 
Other
Lenovo TouchPad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #58 of 62
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneTomorrow View Post
Hm, I don't know about that. CPL's do cut out the total amount of light (typically 1 or 2 stops), but their main usage is removing glare and/or reflections from windows, water, etc., and for enhancing blue skies.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tu...larizers.shtml
That is what I meant by reducing the blown out sky. I will be shooting with it for a week or so and decide if I want to grab one.

BTW What are ND and CP filters?
post #59 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudemanppl View Post
ND filters and CP filters will never be able to be replicated in post.
CPL you cant replicate in post, but you can for MOST ND filter shots....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live_free View Post
That is what I meant by reducing the blown out sky. I will be shooting with it for a week or so and decide if I want to grab one.

BTW What are ND and CP filters?
ND = neutral density filters. they are used to darken the shot so you can shoot at longer shutters or larger fstops.

CP = circle polarizers, i abbr. it as CPL some do it as CP.
Dell XPS15
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2630QM XPS L502 Geforce GT525M 1GB 6gb 
Hard DriveOS
640GB 7200RPM Windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Dell XPS15
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2630QM XPS L502 Geforce GT525M 1GB 6gb 
Hard DriveOS
640GB 7200RPM Windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #60 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live_free View Post
I ordered it. Got it for 800. Michintom if you want to get it for only 800 pm me and I will give you the source.
Allens Camera?
I decided to go with the version with the OS
FX-8320
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD3 XFX Radeon 5450 Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Evo 120GB Western Digital 2TB Green LG DVD-RW Cooler Master Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Dell S2740L Logitech K750 Antec 850w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Source 210 Elite Logitech M705 Razer Goliathus Altec Lansing VS4621 
OtherOther
NXZT Aperture M TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 
  hide details  
Reply
FX-8320
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD3 XFX Radeon 5450 Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Evo 120GB Western Digital 2TB Green LG DVD-RW Cooler Master Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Dell S2740L Logitech K750 Antec 850w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Source 210 Elite Logitech M705 Razer Goliathus Altec Lansing VS4621 
OtherOther
NXZT Aperture M TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Photography
Overclock.net › Forums › Consumer Electronics › Photography › 70-200 2.8 Sigma?