Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [Various] Japan Nuclear Emergency - Continuous Coverage of Damage and Radiation Risks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Various] Japan Nuclear Emergency - Continuous Coverage of Damage and Radiation Risks - Page 58  

post #571 of 2836
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flack88;12711584 
I think Japan is in a serious panic, from what I have just seen 5 reactor's are basically in meltdown (they are out of controll). I just watched the bbc live in the uk. I fail to see how they can control 5 reactors without cooling.......at least on a mechanical level!

Also how the hell can they say that the 1st reactor wasnt ruptured.....That explosion moved at least 6ft of concrete wall....For those of you that dont know explosives thats a hell of a lotta power!

The actual vessels withstand 2000 PSI on a normal day and can take a lot more than that for safety reasons. Think of them as the Black Boxes of Nuclear Power Plants tongue.gif
Singularity
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700K ASUS Z170-Deluxe GTX 770 SLI 6 GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1600 MHz 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Force LX Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Windows 10 Home Premium 3 x ASUS VX279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Gaming K95 RGB Corsair RM850i Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Corsair Sabre RGB 
  hide details  
Singularity
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700K ASUS Z170-Deluxe GTX 770 SLI 6 GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1600 MHz 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Force LX Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Windows 10 Home Premium 3 x ASUS VX279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Gaming K95 RGB Corsair RM850i Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Corsair Sabre RGB 
  hide details  
post #572 of 2836
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12307698

Why in the latest updates are Russia looking for radiation in the far east? Sounds fishy to me...

If i were japan i hope to hell they built all the controls for the reactor core underground and not in that concrete frame!
Edited by Flack88 - 3/12/11 at 9:09pm
post #573 of 2836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flack88;12711635 
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12307698

Why in the latest updates are Russia looking for radiation in the far east? Sounds fishy to me...

So a country can't take precautionary measures without it being a conspiracy? You took a leap in logic by attributing cautionary procedures as confirmation of a problem.
Neutrino
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K Asus Z170I PRO GAMING Gigabyte GTX 1070 Mini ITX Corsair 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Crucial MX300 750GB Scythe Big Shuriken 2 rev. B Cryorig XT140 fan Windows 10 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Topre Realforce 87u 55g Corsair SF450 Lazer3D LZ7 Logitech G303 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries 4HD Audio Technica ATH-M50 
  hide details  
Neutrino
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K Asus Z170I PRO GAMING Gigabyte GTX 1070 Mini ITX Corsair 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Crucial MX300 750GB Scythe Big Shuriken 2 rev. B Cryorig XT140 fan Windows 10 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Topre Realforce 87u 55g Corsair SF450 Lazer3D LZ7 Logitech G303 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries 4HD Audio Technica ATH-M50 
  hide details  
post #574 of 2836
The radiation couldn't have hit the Russian far east already
If so we'd already be hearing news about it hitting Hokkaido
post #575 of 2836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vowels;12711660 
So a country can't take precautionary measures without it being a conspiracy? You took a leap in logic by attributing cautionary procedures as confirmation of a problem.

Why would they do that unless they thought it was a serious problem? Btw its not a conspiracy its a natural disaster.
post #576 of 2836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flack88;12711693 
Why would they do that unless they thought it was a serious problem? Btw its not a conspiracy its a natural disaster.

Conspiracy probably wasn't the right word. The point is, the Russians are there just as a cautionary thing. There is no indication that there's any real danger at this time.
Neutrino
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K Asus Z170I PRO GAMING Gigabyte GTX 1070 Mini ITX Corsair 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Crucial MX300 750GB Scythe Big Shuriken 2 rev. B Cryorig XT140 fan Windows 10 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Topre Realforce 87u 55g Corsair SF450 Lazer3D LZ7 Logitech G303 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries 4HD Audio Technica ATH-M50 
  hide details  
Neutrino
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K Asus Z170I PRO GAMING Gigabyte GTX 1070 Mini ITX Corsair 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Crucial MX300 750GB Scythe Big Shuriken 2 rev. B Cryorig XT140 fan Windows 10 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Topre Realforce 87u 55g Corsair SF450 Lazer3D LZ7 Logitech G303 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries 4HD Audio Technica ATH-M50 
  hide details  
post #577 of 2836
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flack88;12711584 
I think Japan is in a serious panic, from what I have just seen 5 reactor's are basically in meltdown (they are out of controll). I just watched the bbc live in the uk. I fail to see how they can control 5 reactors without cooling.......at least on a mechanical level!

Also how the hell can they say that the 1st reactor wasnt ruptured.....That explosion moved at least 6ft of concrete wall....For those of you that dont know explosives thats a hell of a lotta power!

The actual vessels withstand 2000 PSI on a normal day and can take a lot more than that for safety reasons. Think of them as the Black Boxes of Nuclear Power Plants tongue.gif
Singularity
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700K ASUS Z170-Deluxe GTX 770 SLI 6 GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1600 MHz 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Force LX Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Windows 10 Home Premium 3 x ASUS VX279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Gaming K95 RGB Corsair RM850i Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Corsair Sabre RGB 
  hide details  
Singularity
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700K ASUS Z170-Deluxe GTX 770 SLI 6 GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1600 MHz 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Force LX Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Windows 10 Home Premium 3 x ASUS VX279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Gaming K95 RGB Corsair RM850i Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Corsair Sabre RGB 
  hide details  
post #578 of 2836
Washington state has already dispatched people to test the waters on the coast and take radiation samples. No radiation found.
Haf of an 2500K
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K MSI GD65 GTX 580 Windforce G Skill ECO 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
64GB A-Data SSD+500GB F3 Win7 Razer Blackwidow 750W Black Edition 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Razer Deathadder X-Trac Ripper 
  hide details  
Haf of an 2500K
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K MSI GD65 GTX 580 Windforce G Skill ECO 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
64GB A-Data SSD+500GB F3 Win7 Razer Blackwidow 750W Black Edition 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Razer Deathadder X-Trac Ripper 
  hide details  
post #579 of 2836
I rest my case? Seriously this is not good in the slightest!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampen;12711737 
The actual vessels withstand 2000 PSI on a normal day and can take a lot more than that for safety reasons. Think of them as the Black Boxes of Nuclear Power Plants tongue.gif

How the hell do you keep the core cool when half the structure needed to cool is gone?! You cant pour Bouron and sea water on it forever!

Also how do you explain Ceasium being found outside the containment vessle? That stuff is made within the nuclear reaction and cannot escape unless the containment vessle is breached!
Edited by Flack88 - 3/12/11 at 9:35pm
post #580 of 2836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Destroyer;12711741 
Washington state has already dispatched people to test the waters on the coast and take radiation samples. No radiation found.

That's good then, but I doubt it'd be here that fast.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [Various] Japan Nuclear Emergency - Continuous Coverage of Damage and Radiation Risks