Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [Various] Japan Nuclear Emergency - Continuous Coverage of Damage and Radiation Risks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Various] Japan Nuclear Emergency - Continuous Coverage of Damage and Radiation Risks - Page 84  

post #831 of 2836
Perhaps that's it, radioactive steam being released again
Unless we're just being shown the wrong footage/they don't have it
post #832 of 2836
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post
The explosion looks rather small
a very small white plume is rising but that's it?
It was a chemical reaction, it was not a nuclear explosion.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Digigami View Post
Geez almost looks like that's steam coming out of the reactor?
Well ya, there is water being boiled in there to cool the reactor.
3930k
(20 items)
 
  
3930k
(20 items)
 
  
post #833 of 2836
Thread Starter 
News Flash - 0340 GMT - A second and third explosion have rocked Reactor #3 in Fukushima Plant #2. There is particular concern over this reactor because it is a MOX reactor, meaning it utilizes Uranium-235 and Plutonium-239 as fuel. Initial reports indicate both explosions were generated during a ventilation of the reactor which resulted in hydrogen and oxygen mixing in the building enclosing the reactor pressure vessel and other components. As a result the building has at least partially collapse. It is not known at this time if the pressure vessel has been compromised. For those of you who have been following this story this is very similar to what happened to Reactor #1 in the complex's sister plant earlier in the crisis. Story Developing...
Singularity
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700K ASUS Z170-Deluxe GTX 770 SLI 6 GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1600 MHz 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Force LX Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Windows 10 Home Premium 3 x ASUS VX279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Gaming K95 RGB Corsair RM850i Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Corsair Sabre RGB 
  hide details  
Singularity
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700K ASUS Z170-Deluxe GTX 770 SLI 6 GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1600 MHz 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Force LX Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Windows 10 Home Premium 3 x ASUS VX279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Gaming K95 RGB Corsair RM850i Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Corsair Sabre RGB 
  hide details  
post #834 of 2836
post #835 of 2836
Quote:
Originally Posted by scyy View Post
It was a chemical reaction, it was not a nuclear explosion.
I meant in contrast to the reactor 1 explosion
That one seemed much bigger
post #836 of 2836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampen View Post
News Flash - 0340 GMT - A second and third explosion have rocked Reactor #3 in Fukushima Plant #2. There is particular concern over this reactor because it is a MOX reactor, meaning it utilizes Uranium-235 and Plutonium-239 as fuel. Initial reports indicate both explosions were generated during a ventilation of the reactor which resulted in hydrogen and oxygen mixing in the building enclosing the reactor pressure vessel and other components. As a result the building has at least partially collapse. It is not known at this time if the pressure vessel has been compromised. For those of you who have been following this story this is very similar to what happened to Reactor #1 in the complex's sister plant earlier in the crisis. Story Developing...
They said the containment is still intact.
3930k
(20 items)
 
  
3930k
(20 items)
 
  
post #837 of 2836
Quote:
Originally Posted by trivium nate View Post
ABC ewww
post #838 of 2836
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post
I meant in contrast to the reactor 1 explosion
That one seemed much bigger
I don't think they have shown the #3 explosion live yet. What we were seeing is the building after, and it puffing smoke/steam or something like that. Judging from the look of the building, I'd say it was a slightly larger explosion.
post #839 of 2836
So...are we screwed?
post #840 of 2836
Just announced containment is not breach and little chance of radioactivity being leaked into the air.
Neutrino
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K Asus Z170I PRO GAMING Gigabyte GTX 1070 Mini ITX Corsair 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Crucial MX300 750GB Scythe Big Shuriken 2 rev. B Cryorig XT140 fan Windows 10 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Topre Realforce 87u 55g Corsair SF450 Lazer3D LZ7 Logitech G303 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries 4HD Audio Technica ATH-M50 
  hide details  
Neutrino
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K Asus Z170I PRO GAMING Gigabyte GTX 1070 Mini ITX Corsair 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Crucial MX300 750GB Scythe Big Shuriken 2 rev. B Cryorig XT140 fan Windows 10 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Topre Realforce 87u 55g Corsair SF450 Lazer3D LZ7 Logitech G303 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries 4HD Audio Technica ATH-M50 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [Various] Japan Nuclear Emergency - Continuous Coverage of Damage and Radiation Risks