Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › EVGA P55 FTW error code 85 "Display errors check monitor/video card."
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

EVGA P55 FTW error code 85 "Display errors check monitor/video card."

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
I just moved from Brazil to Argentina.

Resembled my rig today. Upon first boot try I got code 85. By the manual:
"85 - Display errors, if no display check monitor/video card. "

Monitor is OK, tested on my netbook.

As for video card I got two here, that were working flawless: a sapphire toxic 5870 and a BFG GTS 250.
I can't test them on another rig because this is the only one I brought with me.

With or without the card, I always hang on error 85. Doesn't matter either which PCI-E lane I am using.

PSU, as stated in sig, is an antec true power quattro.
The difference from Brazil to Argentina is frequency:
Brazil 220V 60hz
Argentina 220V 50hz, but my PSU is rated for both these frequencies...

Here are some threads I found on google, only one had a positive answer, and I already checked for his solution (I checked for bent pins on my socket)

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=233780&mpage=1
http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=681456&mpage=1
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/thr...5-FTW-BIOS-MOD





For God's sake... Anybody has any idea?
Edited by EduFurtado - 3/12/11 at 7:48pm
post #2 of 9
Thread Starter 
update: I just tried a long manual CMOS discharge... Took off the battery and still no good
post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 
OK, this is yet another bump.
Please understand that I'm doing this so soon because I'm desperate - refer to OP to see why...
post #4 of 9
You might want to try the EVGA forums. You'll probably get an answer faster over there.
Destructor
(28 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz  Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3  EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+  16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB RAID 0 Samsung F3 1TB Seagate 3TB LG Blu-ray 12x 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
XSPC RayStorm D5 RX360  Windows 10 Pro x64 LG 24GM77 Ducky Shine 3 Year of the Snake 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX850 Corsair 900D  Logitech G400  Razer Goliathus Speed  
AudioAudio
Sound Blaster Zx  Sennheiser HD 558 + Zm-Mic1 
  hide details  
Reply
Destructor
(28 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz  Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3  EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+  16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB RAID 0 Samsung F3 1TB Seagate 3TB LG Blu-ray 12x 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
XSPC RayStorm D5 RX360  Windows 10 Pro x64 LG 24GM77 Ducky Shine 3 Year of the Snake 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX850 Corsair 900D  Logitech G400  Razer Goliathus Speed  
AudioAudio
Sound Blaster Zx  Sennheiser HD 558 + Zm-Mic1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitrousX View Post
You might want to try the EVGA forums. You'll probably get an answer faster over there.
Already did when I created this thread here on OCN:
http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?h...mpage=1#904240

But thanks for the help...
Those 2 old threads I posted links from EVGA scares me... no solution at all...
post #6 of 9
Thread Starter 
updated: just did some tests and the PSU is not the problem here.
The video card heat's up once the computer is ON with it's cables connected but it doesn't when the PCI-E aren't...
This has got to be the motherboard...
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by EduFurtado View Post
updated: just did some tests and the PSU is not the problem here.
The video card heat's up once the computer is ON with it's cables connected but it doesn't when the PCI-E aren't...
This has got to be the motherboard...
did you every get this to work. from the look of things it is the mobo
post #8 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlitos714 View Post
did you every get this to work. from the look of things it is the mobo
Yeah, I did, but I forgot to post a conclusion here...

It was scary, because I solved it but still had no idea of what the problem was or how I solved it.
What I did was a complete disasemble and then reasembled everything... and it just worked, and been working fine ever since, and even now with crossfired 5870s

My guess is... The mobo was grounded on the case... But again, I'm not sure of anything here.
I also used canned air to clean my CPU's pins, in case it was dirty, somehow...

Scary. Hope something like this never happens again... lol
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by EduFurtado View Post
Yeah, I did, but I forgot to post a conclusion here...

It was scary, because I solved it but still had no idea of what the problem was or how I solved it.
What I did was a complete disasemble and then reasembled everything... and it just worked, and been working fine ever since, and even now with crossfired 5870s

My guess is... The mobo was grounded on the case... But again, I'm not sure of anything here.
I also used canned air to clean my CPU's pins, in case it was dirty, somehow...

Scary. Hope something like this never happens again... lol
had to be a ground. this happened to me b4! man this really sucks to figure out. sweet you got them to work!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › EVGA P55 FTW error code 85 "Display errors check monitor/video card."