Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [EG]Battlefield 3 dev calls competition "lazy"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[EG]Battlefield 3 dev calls competition "lazy" - Page 3

post #21 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heret|c View Post
BFBC2 is an amazing game if you have trouble falling asleep that is.
I was just playing it and I dozed off, until 20 minutes later I saw a first opponent running out from a mile away for a split second.
Actually that's what my noob friends say about BF2 "the maps are too big". No they're not, stop walking in all directions and drive a car or something. I honestly love huge maps, I like flying a lot so big maps are a must for dogfighting. I just hope that BF3 will be more like BF2 as far as choppers are concerned, because BC2 killed them for air to air combat.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6850K 4.3GHz (100x43) 1.355v Evga X99 Classified BIOS 2.03 Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti G.SKILL 4x4GB 3200MHz 16-16-16-36 1T 1.35v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM961 1TB NVMe + 1TB Samsung 840 Evo External Asus drive 2x MCP655 in independent loops Windows 7 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Philips BDM4065UC 40" 4K Logitech G19 Evga 1200 P2 Enthoo Pro M 
MouseAudio
Logitech G900 Asus Essence XT II PCIe 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6850K 4.3GHz (100x43) 1.355v Evga X99 Classified BIOS 2.03 Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti G.SKILL 4x4GB 3200MHz 16-16-16-36 1T 1.35v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM961 1TB NVMe + 1TB Samsung 840 Evo External Asus drive 2x MCP655 in independent loops Windows 7 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Philips BDM4065UC 40" 4K Logitech G19 Evga 1200 P2 Enthoo Pro M 
MouseAudio
Logitech G900 Asus Essence XT II PCIe 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 109
I don't see why their competition needs to change their formula if it's the best selling game in US history.
Shhhhh!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 930 Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R XFX 5870 1GB 6GB G.SKILL PI 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
120GB OCZ Vertex 2, 2x Hitachi 2TB (7K2000) Pioneer Blu-ray BDR-205BKS, Samsung SH-S243N Windows 7 Ultimate x64/WinXP Pro SP3 Samsung P2570 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Elite Keyboard Corsair 850HX Lian-Li PC-B70 Logitech MX510 
Mouse Pad
Gel 
  hide details  
Reply
Shhhhh!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 930 Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R XFX 5870 1GB 6GB G.SKILL PI 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
120GB OCZ Vertex 2, 2x Hitachi 2TB (7K2000) Pioneer Blu-ray BDR-205BKS, Samsung SH-S243N Windows 7 Ultimate x64/WinXP Pro SP3 Samsung P2570 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Elite Keyboard Corsair 850HX Lian-Li PC-B70 Logitech MX510 
Mouse Pad
Gel 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 109
Battlefield 3 will do extremely well on PC without a question but on the console markets it'll do well but not as well as COD. COD is the console thing now, and an established brand sort of like Apple; you don't own it because it's good, you own because it's a fashion.

That sounds a little odd in my drowsy state of being up since 6:00a.m doing uni work Oh well meh!
post #24 of 109
Well I hope it as amazing as they making their game out to be
Nothing V2
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.7GHz Asrock z77 Extreme4 Club3D R9 290 Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair 120GB SSD Samsung 1.5TB Samsung 1TB Samsung DVD-RAM 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Thermaltake Frio Window 7 Ultimate Samsung BX2450 LG W2343S 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse Pad
Razor Blackwidow Corsair TX750W Coolermaster CM690 Gigabyte Ghost 
Audio
Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
Nothing V2
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.7GHz Asrock z77 Extreme4 Club3D R9 290 Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair 120GB SSD Samsung 1.5TB Samsung 1TB Samsung DVD-RAM 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Thermaltake Frio Window 7 Ultimate Samsung BX2450 LG W2343S 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse Pad
Razor Blackwidow Corsair TX750W Coolermaster CM690 Gigabyte Ghost 
Audio
Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzO View Post
I don't see why their competition needs to change their formula if it's the best selling game in US history.
Again: quality>quantity. Their business strategy reminds me of Apple's where we get a new product each year and not much has changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G. Callen View Post
Battlefield 3 will do extremely well on PC without a question but on the console markets it'll do well but not as well as COD. COD is the console thing now, and an established brand sort of like Apple; you don't own it because it's good, you own because it's fashion.
First of all: no reason to own a console. Most people already have an average-specced PC that could get a new graphics card for less than the price of a console.
Secondly: even if you did own one, why would you buy a game because it's in and not to have fun?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4 ASUS P8P67 PRO B3 ASUS EAH5850 Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
x1 RevoDrive 80GB, x1 WD64 500GB, SpinPoint F3 1TB W7 Home Premium 64bit ViewSonic VX2260wm 21.5in 1080p Corsair TX 650v2 
Case
BitFenix Colossus 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4 ASUS P8P67 PRO B3 ASUS EAH5850 Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
x1 RevoDrive 80GB, x1 WD64 500GB, SpinPoint F3 1TB W7 Home Premium 64bit ViewSonic VX2260wm 21.5in 1080p Corsair TX 650v2 
Case
BitFenix Colossus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh-ATI View Post
Again: quality>quantity. Their business strategy reminds me of Apple's where we get a new product each year and not much has changed.
Apple still sell a metric crap ton of products, your point is invalid.

I'm fed up of the "huehuehue CoD is crap" talk that we typically get around here, and it's annoying me how DICE come out running their mouth as though they're going to make some sort of CoD killer, but they wont, and we all know they wont. They can keep trying for all I care, but nothing is going to change. CoD will still be the best selling FPS, and DICE will always dream of making something as popular as it.
Edited by GoTMaXPoWeR - 3/13/11 at 5:56am
Lightning
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P XFX HD6950 DD 2GB 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial C300 64GB Samsung F2 1.5TB Seagate 500GB LG GH20NS15 
Optical DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Optiarc AD-7261S Win7 64bit 22" LG L226WTQ 19" AOC 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries 6Gv2  Silverstone ST75F 750W Modular Fractal Design Arc Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries QCK Diablo 3 Beyerdynamic DT770 80ohm Fiio E9 Headphone Amp X-Fi XtremeGamer 
  hide details  
Reply
Lightning
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P XFX HD6950 DD 2GB 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial C300 64GB Samsung F2 1.5TB Seagate 500GB LG GH20NS15 
Optical DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Optiarc AD-7261S Win7 64bit 22" LG L226WTQ 19" AOC 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries 6Gv2  Silverstone ST75F 750W Modular Fractal Design Arc Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries QCK Diablo 3 Beyerdynamic DT770 80ohm Fiio E9 Headphone Amp X-Fi XtremeGamer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by teajayyy View Post
get owned lolol i wonder how the other force will respond..
I added you on steam, I know a cop in your city lol. hes on my friends list. yea hes a dink on our clans forums as well, do you play BLOPS?
AV-8B
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 5.0 P8P67 DELUXE gigabyte windforce OC GTX 1060 G.Skill DDR3 @ 1950 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
intel 520 SSD PNY CS1211 WD CAVIAR BLUE 640 gb LG BD Combo 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Heatkiller 3.0 Seven 64 24" & 22" Gateway, 22" Dell 1000w TruePower Quattro 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
AV-8B
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 5.0 P8P67 DELUXE gigabyte windforce OC GTX 1060 G.Skill DDR3 @ 1950 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
intel 520 SSD PNY CS1211 WD CAVIAR BLUE 640 gb LG BD Combo 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Heatkiller 3.0 Seven 64 24" & 22" Gateway, 22" Dell 1000w TruePower Quattro 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty67 View Post
who cares, DICE is no better than anyone else until they prove it.


They sold out just like everyone else. Now they are yappin?
No matter how much i'm hiped up for BF3 i gotta agree with this. What the hell gives them the right to go around calling other lazy when they released MASSIVE console ports like BFBC2 (that doesn't even have direct mouse support) and Medal of Honor.
post #29 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilam3d View Post
No matter how much i'm hiped up for BF3 i gotta agree with this. What the hell gives them the right to go around calling other lazy when they released MASSIVE console ports like BFBC2 (that doesn't even have direct mouse support) and Medal of Honor.
Having been a BF player since 1942 and an admin on a huge BF website, I never saw BC2 as a console port. In fact, I saw it as a very good foot based combat FPS.
post #30 of 109
They must have been getting good responses from the first few trailers. It also sounds like they have been reading this forum, lol.

I think they are quite certain of themselves. Activision needs a critic with like DICE with some background behind them, at least waking gamers up to the fact that they are getting quietly humped from behind by a developer who thinks they are now feeding pigeons (in some cases, sheep).

Good is all I can say. Competitiveness only leads to better things.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [EG]Battlefield 3 dev calls competition "lazy"