Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Plaza] GTX 590 simulated benchmark
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Plaza] GTX 590 simulated benchmark - Page 6

post #51 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defoler View Post
Worthless comparison.
Real clocks are 612Mhz, this may be close...
post #52 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open1Your1Eyes0 View Post
QFT

Here's an old comparison I did about a year ago that clearly represents this: 9800GX2 vs. 9800GTX SLI
lol. You realise you couldn't get two Crysis benchmarks that close again if you tried. [/exaggeration] That's hardly evidence.
post #53 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defoler View Post
Worthless comparison.
Oh Hey look, real clocks are at 612. Worthless comparison? You are talking rubbish.

It will be slower than a 6990, get over it. If it is priced correctly then it will be less of an issue.

LOL at the two star rating of thread. People really wont listen to what they don't want to hear.

Speculated clocks were very close. Sure it will overclock but heat will be a key issue. But if they price this at €500 this is WIN card.
Edited by Newbie2009 - 3/16/11 at 4:10am
post #54 of 60
The response tone in this thread has been raw, insight-less, emotional, and borderline asinine. Instead of dredging up middle-road resolution 1920x1200 benchmarks and insecurely listing all the "570 sli" triumphant victories, try and balance out the obvious bias with resolutions the cards were designed for..as well as resolutions likely purchasers will use.

Second point: with the preceding "fastest graphics card" & it's downclocked 5870s, any comparison with dual gtx 480s demonstrated a OVERWHELMINGLY large performance gap..even if the 5870 was overclocked! With Powertune, simply unthinkable a generation ago Crossfire scaling, and some very sold architecture tweaking for high resolution peak performance we've witnessed a brilliant advance in single board, multiple gpu performance/capability. Seriously, a 5970 wouldn't be able to overcome a pair of gtx 460s..and at high resolutions, the 6990 ousts a pair of GTX 570 in sli. This was way beyond my expectation.



http://techreport.com/articles.x/20537/12

As for the thread topic & OP..what is wrong with doing a, clearly stated, speculative comparison a few weeks prior the actual card's release? I never saw it purported, either @ the source or in this thread, that the clocks were set in stone. You'd think someone had defecated on holy gospel from the fierce vitriol & offended indignation in here.

Because the GTX 580 is a very power hungry card, and as we've had four or so generations of dual GPU performance experience, with a solid expectation of a card's TDP limitation, the discussion and speculative benching provide a solid foundation for debate on a wide range of possibilities and predictions. If the clock predictions are so off-kilter, dig into the numbers and explain why & how. In reality, they're likely spot on (612/3400 last i heard) but maybe there's been a leap in SLI scaling with the "custom pci-e bridge" and it's going to shift the tide? We'll wait and see, of course, but trying to predict results isn't FAIL or FAKE, it's the best anyone can do under the circumstances. If it doesn't produce a result that satisfies your expectation then live with it, that's the scientific method. As it's just a simulation it's irrelevant irregardless.
Quadfire Turbo
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 - 2600K / 5.4 GHz Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 #2 Sapphie Radeon 6990 @ 1030 / 1520 Ripjaws 4GB x 4 (16GB) @ 2200 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex3,Corsair Force GT,Intel X25-M, +4TB HDD LG Bluray Burner Windows 7 64 5x1 P(NEC ips), S750 Samsung 120hz HD3D, HP zr30w 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G13 #2 Kingwin Mach 1 / 1220 Watts XSPC H2 R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliath 
  hide details  
Reply
Quadfire Turbo
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 - 2600K / 5.4 GHz Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 #2 Sapphie Radeon 6990 @ 1030 / 1520 Ripjaws 4GB x 4 (16GB) @ 2200 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex3,Corsair Force GT,Intel X25-M, +4TB HDD LG Bluray Burner Windows 7 64 5x1 P(NEC ips), S750 Samsung 120hz HD3D, HP zr30w 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G13 #2 Kingwin Mach 1 / 1220 Watts XSPC H2 R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliath 
  hide details  
Reply
post #55 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by MintMouse View Post
lol. You realise you couldn't get two Crysis benchmarks that close again if you tried. [/exaggeration] That's hardly evidence.
I can rerun those benchmarks if you want. I'll even run them on the latest beta drivers. My point there was to point out the minimum FPS difference mainly. Vantage's GPU score is more of a directioner in terms of the actual difference.
post #56 of 60
Fictional benchmarks "prove" nothing, sorry.

I'll wait for factual ones. Thanks.
●๑۩۩๑●
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz (1.34v) Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 Gigabyte GTX 470 SOC @ 825MHz 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz (CL8) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Cooler Master Hyper N520 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 ASUS VH236H 23" 1080p | 2ms 
PowerCaseAudio
Corsair TX650w (V1) Xigmatek Utgard X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty 
  hide details  
Reply
●๑۩۩๑●
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz (1.34v) Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 Gigabyte GTX 470 SOC @ 825MHz 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz (CL8) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Cooler Master Hyper N520 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 ASUS VH236H 23" 1080p | 2ms 
PowerCaseAudio
Corsair TX650w (V1) Xigmatek Utgard X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty 
  hide details  
Reply
post #57 of 60
Oh, the fanboyism in this thread. First off, if the rumored 600mhz clock is correct, the 6990 will be faster, get over it. Second off, the 590 will fail because it only uses 4+1 phase power for each gpu, and we all know how well that worked out for the 570, imagine how bad it will be for a 580. Also, since nvidia doesn't know how to keep their power consumption down, this thing will likely be severely downclocked, like to the 600mhz mark, just to make pci-e specifications. There is also no use comparing this situation to the 295. A 295 was built on dual 275's, not 285's. Therefore, they could afford to only downclock it slightly because power consumption was much better on the 275. And iirc, a gtx 580 consumes more power than a 285.

And I have used drivers for both nvidia and ati, and there will always be quirks about using drivers for dual cards. One could argue that nvidia provides better profiles and such, but ati gets their drivers out much faster. The entire time I owned my gtx 560, it never got a single driver update, and I would get random crash after random crash in games like css and tf2.

So in conclusion, fanboys, step off your high horse for once and think like a realist. There is no way at these clock speeds that the gtx 590 will beat a 6990. Not to mention crossfire scaling is better than sli scaling for the 6xxx series, so it was going to be a close fight either way.

EDIT: Just noticed that the official clocks are 612mhz, in this case, it will still lose to the 6990. So get the hell over it fanboys and move on.
Ryzen Build
(14 items)
 
Fiance's Rig
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 | 3.75ghz @ 1.35v ASUS ROG Strix B350-F ASUS ROG Strix RX 580 8GB *OTW* G.Skill Ripjaws V Series | 2933mhz @ CL16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk X400 512GB WD Blue 1TB | Raid 1 Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi W/ MasterFan Pro 120 RGB Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic XG2701 Turbot Mechanical Keyboard EVGA SuperNova P2 650w NZXT S340 Elite 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Deathadder Chroma Glorious PC Gaming Race Pad 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 MSI HD 7850 Mushkin Ridgeline Series 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 Series Western Digital Caviar Black Spire Gemini W/ Xigmatek Purple LED Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
ViewSonic VX2370SMH-LED Rosewill Capstone 550w BitFenix Neos Window Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen Build
(14 items)
 
Fiance's Rig
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 | 3.75ghz @ 1.35v ASUS ROG Strix B350-F ASUS ROG Strix RX 580 8GB *OTW* G.Skill Ripjaws V Series | 2933mhz @ CL16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk X400 512GB WD Blue 1TB | Raid 1 Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi W/ MasterFan Pro 120 RGB Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic XG2701 Turbot Mechanical Keyboard EVGA SuperNova P2 650w NZXT S340 Elite 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Deathadder Chroma Glorious PC Gaming Race Pad 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 MSI HD 7850 Mushkin Ridgeline Series 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 Series Western Digital Caviar Black Spire Gemini W/ Xigmatek Purple LED Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
ViewSonic VX2370SMH-LED Rosewill Capstone 550w BitFenix Neos Window Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #58 of 60
XXX Fire.

Nice post and graph. But you forgot something really important at the 1000$ bracket, since you did put the 580 SLI, you should put Tri-Fire 6990+6970 up there. Better performance, same price. 1000$ against 1000$, 2 cards against 2 cards, 2 PCIe slots against 2 PCIe slots.
    
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7-5930k @ 4.9  i7-3930k @ 5.1 (2nd rig) Asus Rampage V (X99) + Asus Rampage IV (2nd rig) 2X Nvidia 1080 Ti SLI watercooled 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
2X Nvidia 980 Ti SLI watercooled (2nd rig)  4X8GB=32GB G.Skill DDR4-2700 4X4GB=16GB Ripjaws DDR3 2400 CL9 (2nd rig) 3X Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro 250GB 3XSeagate 3TB LG Blu-ray writer 2X Quad-120 MCR420 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
2X Triple-120 MCR320 + 1X Triple-120 Feser 2X Dual-120 XSPC RX240 32 Gentle Typhoon fans (mix of 3000 and 1850rpm) Reservoir 2X Koolance RP-452x2 with 4X MCP655 p... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2X EK Supreme HF CPU waterblock Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer XB270HU IPS G-Sync 2440p (main rig) 3X 30'... CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S MX blue switch, C... 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec HCP1200 + AX850 dual PSU main rig, AX120... Mountain Mods Extended Ascension + Pedestal 24 ... Logitech G502 x 2 PSB speakers 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7-5930k @ 4.9  i7-3930k @ 5.1 (2nd rig) Asus Rampage V (X99) + Asus Rampage IV (2nd rig) 2X Nvidia 1080 Ti SLI watercooled 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
2X Nvidia 980 Ti SLI watercooled (2nd rig)  4X8GB=32GB G.Skill DDR4-2700 4X4GB=16GB Ripjaws DDR3 2400 CL9 (2nd rig) 3X Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro 250GB 3XSeagate 3TB LG Blu-ray writer 2X Quad-120 MCR420 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
2X Triple-120 MCR320 + 1X Triple-120 Feser 2X Dual-120 XSPC RX240 32 Gentle Typhoon fans (mix of 3000 and 1850rpm) Reservoir 2X Koolance RP-452x2 with 4X MCP655 p... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2X EK Supreme HF CPU waterblock Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer XB270HU IPS G-Sync 2440p (main rig) 3X 30'... CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S MX blue switch, C... 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec HCP1200 + AX850 dual PSU main rig, AX120... Mountain Mods Extended Ascension + Pedestal 24 ... Logitech G502 x 2 PSB speakers 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #59 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspeedracer View Post
I have not seen any hd 6990 reviews where the 6990 doubles the performance of a 580. I see the 590 being about 20% faster then a 6990 realistically. The 590 will be faster then the 6990, the 580 is anywhere from 10% to 30% faster then a 6970 so there is no way two 6970's could beat two 580's. But of course people will ignore logic and disregard my opinion but soon enough we'll see the benches and it'll be official.
Seriously, what are you doing in a hardware forum? Apprently you dont know ****.
First, you say you have never seen a 6990 doubling the performance of a GTX 580 which indicates that you think SLI would actually scale 200%, LOL at that.

Secondly, please dont talk about logic, because you seem to be the one missing any logic here.
Two GTX 580's in SLI consume about 500 Watts of power, the GTX 590 has an official TDP of 365W. Now wheres the missing 140W, do you think they magically disappeared ?
If you used your brain, you'd have realized that they had to underclock the 580's in order to stay under the 375W specification for the GTX 590. (not that it's anything new, it has ALWAYS been like that with dual GPU cards)

They had to cripple the clocks from 772/1544/1002 to 612/1224/855, so this card will perform NOWHERE near GTX 580 SLI.

That being said, a single GTX 580 @ those clocks would even be slightly outperformed by a GTX 570 @ stock clocks which indicates that it will end up behind a HD 6990 (which equals two GTX 570's in SLI).


Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopaScoopa View Post
570s beat the 6990 in Battleforge, HAWX, CIV5, Dirt2(even the 560s), Mass Effect 2, Wolfenstein, Alien Vs Pred, Metro 2033, CoD6, Just Cause 2, Batman, BC2, 3DMark Vantage/11 and Unigine Heaven.

Sorry but this review has BS written all over it.
As already said, a HD 6990 is pretty much equal with two 570's. I reckon you check some reviews before spreading BS. And besides that, you can't generalize by games because ingame settings, resolution and AA/AF also matter.
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...gb-review.html


I've only decided to bash two posts, but reading through this thread I see everyone here predicting the 590 to be faster without knowing any facts.
I mean, almost no one here even knew the clock speeds of the 590.

I also like the guys saying that the simulated benchmarks don't prove anything.
So they really think two seperate GTX 580's with lower clocks will perform worse than a single GTX 590 at exact same clocks?
Logic fail again, since 590 is nothing but two 580's put together and thus can be perfectly simulated by two underclocked 580's.
(BTW; I realize they are about 10-20 MHz short in that simulated benchmark, but such low numbers won't have any noticable impact on performance.)

After all, this thread seems to be full of fanboys.
Please, try to be objective when posting an opinion and maybe rely on logic too.

Oh and don't try to label me as an ATi or AMD fanboy; I've been using nVidia cards for the past 6 years but I just hate guys that are not objective at all and rather rely on their fanboyism without knowing any facts.

Thanks.
Edited by toX0rz - 3/22/11 at 6:14am
Rebel
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2500k 4,6 GHz @ 1,32 V AsRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 PNY GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI @ 1228 / 3312 MHz 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 1TB + 500GB Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Asus VH22H Xilence XQ 850W with a Scythe Kama Flex 
CaseMouse
Aerocool VS-9 Xmas Edition :P Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
Rebel
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2500k 4,6 GHz @ 1,32 V AsRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 PNY GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI @ 1228 / 3312 MHz 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 1TB + 500GB Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Asus VH22H Xilence XQ 850W with a Scythe Kama Flex 
CaseMouse
Aerocool VS-9 Xmas Edition :P Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #60 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by toX0rz View Post
As already said, a HD 6990 is pretty much equal with two 570's. I reckon you check some reviews before spreading BS.
Um, yeah. You might want to actually check the reviews before you talk. The 570 beats a 6970 in 2560x1600 and below. Obviously its smaller memory is limiting it from going further. So, practice what you preach and stop spreading BS.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Plaza] GTX 590 simulated benchmark