New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

It works! Mostly!

post #1 of 71
Thread Starter 
My toolbar thing at the bottom isn't working very well, but I finally got the drivers to work! I tried the 10.12 drivers instead of the 11.2 (which are supposed to work )

Running Kubuntu 10.10. I can try to get a screenshot, I just have to figure it out first. lol. But it's all scrunched up at the bottom left, and doesn't go fully across the bottom. Halp?
post #2 of 71
Thread Starter 


Here is what it looks like.
post #3 of 71
Thread Starter 
Nevermind. I fixed it. Thread can be closed.
post #4 of 71
Yay! You got linux working. =P Now don't update those drivers until you absolutely need to. haha
Current Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 4.6GHz@1.44v GA-990FXA-UD3 R4.0 HD 7950 (1100/1450) 8G Muskin DDR3 1866@8CLS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD LiteOn DVD-RW DL Linux/Windows 19" Phillips TV 1080p 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 600W Generic Junk Logitech MX400 Generic Junk 
Audio
SBL 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Current Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 4.6GHz@1.44v GA-990FXA-UD3 R4.0 HD 7950 (1100/1450) 8G Muskin DDR3 1866@8CLS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD LiteOn DVD-RW DL Linux/Windows 19" Phillips TV 1080p 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 600W Generic Junk Logitech MX400 Generic Junk 
Audio
SBL 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 71
Thread Starter 
I've heard good things about 11.3, because it officially supports the hardware's ID or whatever, so there isn't an OSD saying "HARDWARE UNSUPPORTED" in the bottom right (can't be seen in screenshots, but it's annoying as hell).

I feel pretty awesome. I've learned a lot of commands and can pretty much do most tasks through a terminal now. <3

Although I do need some video editing software. Any recommendations? Open source is preferred.

Oh! Also, I tried to install Wine (so I could talk to friends on Steam, and maybe play some COD), and I just did 'sudo apt-get install wine', and it downloaded the packages fine, but then it came to a EULA thing, and I couldn't accept. Halp?
post #6 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdoken View Post
I've heard good things about 11.3, because it officially supports the hardware's ID or whatever, so there isn't an OSD saying "HARDWARE UNSUPPORTED" in the bottom right (can't be seen in screenshots, but it's annoying as hell).

I feel pretty awesome. I've learned a lot of commands and can pretty much do most tasks through a terminal now. <3

Although I do need some video editing software. Any recommendations? Open source is preferred.

Oh! Also, I tried to install Wine (so I could talk to friends on Steam, and maybe play some COD), and I just did 'sudo apt-get install wine', and it downloaded the packages fine, but then it came to a EULA thing, and I couldn't accept. Halp?
nobody REALLY can accept microsoft eulas... its ok man, just suck it up and hit ok
Kinda meh now...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PhII 940 BE asus M4N82 Deluxe 2x 8800gts(g92) 2x 1g ocz ddr2 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
/dev/sd[abc] /dev/sr0 WinXP/Linux 22in acer 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
950w rosewill timebomb Antec 900 (2small) Voodoo Deathadder (RED!) X-Trac Pads Ripper XL 
  hide details  
Reply
Kinda meh now...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PhII 940 BE asus M4N82 Deluxe 2x 8800gts(g92) 2x 1g ocz ddr2 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
/dev/sd[abc] /dev/sr0 WinXP/Linux 22in acer 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
950w rosewill timebomb Antec 900 (2small) Voodoo Deathadder (RED!) X-Trac Pads Ripper XL 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 71
Thread Starter 
Haha. No, I mean when I hit enter, nothing happened. I hit escape, and it flashed the terminal, but it went back to the EULA. I had to close the terminal, then when I tried to install Wine again, it didn't do anything. I'll post more about it when I get back home.
post #8 of 71
Since you're in KDE Kdenlive is the one I've heard about recently so you can try it out for your video editing demands.

http://www.kdenlive.org/

Are you starting WINE through terminal or something?
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core m3-6Y30 Intel HD515 8GB 1866DDR3L Micron M600 MTFDDAV256MBF M.2, 256 GB 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Fanless Win10 Home x64 Kubuntu 16.04 (requires Linux kernel 4.5/4.6) 13.3 inch 16:9, 1920x1080 pixel, AU Optronics A... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AthlonIIX4 640 3.62GHz (250x14.5) 2.5GHz NB Asus M4A785TD-M EVO MSI GTX275 (Stock 666) 8GBs of GSkill 1600 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
4GBs of Adata 1333 Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB WD Caviar Black 500GB Hitachi Deskstar 1TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
LG 8X BDR (WHL08S20) Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Kubuntu x64 Windows 7 x64 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Bodhi Linux x64 Acer G215H (1920x1080) Seasonic 520 HAF912 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
N450 1.8GHz AC and 1.66GHz batt ASUS proprietary for 1001P GMA3150 (can play bluray now!?) 1GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSOS
160GB LGLHDLBDRE32X Bodhi Linux Fedora LXDE 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Kubuntu SLAX 1280x600 + Dell 15inch Excellent! 
PowerCase
6 cells=6-12hrs and a charger 1001P MU17 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core m3-6Y30 Intel HD515 8GB 1866DDR3L Micron M600 MTFDDAV256MBF M.2, 256 GB 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Fanless Win10 Home x64 Kubuntu 16.04 (requires Linux kernel 4.5/4.6) 13.3 inch 16:9, 1920x1080 pixel, AU Optronics A... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AthlonIIX4 640 3.62GHz (250x14.5) 2.5GHz NB Asus M4A785TD-M EVO MSI GTX275 (Stock 666) 8GBs of GSkill 1600 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
4GBs of Adata 1333 Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB WD Caviar Black 500GB Hitachi Deskstar 1TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
LG 8X BDR (WHL08S20) Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Kubuntu x64 Windows 7 x64 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Bodhi Linux x64 Acer G215H (1920x1080) Seasonic 520 HAF912 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
N450 1.8GHz AC and 1.66GHz batt ASUS proprietary for 1001P GMA3150 (can play bluray now!?) 1GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSOS
160GB LGLHDLBDRE32X Bodhi Linux Fedora LXDE 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Kubuntu SLAX 1280x600 + Dell 15inch Excellent! 
PowerCase
6 cells=6-12hrs and a charger 1001P MU17 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdoken View Post
Haha. No, I mean when I hit enter, nothing happened. I hit escape, and it flashed the terminal, but it went back to the EULA. I had to close the terminal, then when I tried to install Wine again, it didn't do anything. I'll post more about it when I get back home.
some eulas through a terminal dont have your cursor on the options by default... so if you are JUST hitting enter that might not work, hit tab first if you didnt
Kinda meh now...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PhII 940 BE asus M4N82 Deluxe 2x 8800gts(g92) 2x 1g ocz ddr2 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
/dev/sd[abc] /dev/sr0 WinXP/Linux 22in acer 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
950w rosewill timebomb Antec 900 (2small) Voodoo Deathadder (RED!) X-Trac Pads Ripper XL 
  hide details  
Reply
Kinda meh now...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PhII 940 BE asus M4N82 Deluxe 2x 8800gts(g92) 2x 1g ocz ddr2 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
/dev/sd[abc] /dev/sr0 WinXP/Linux 22in acer 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
950w rosewill timebomb Antec 900 (2small) Voodoo Deathadder (RED!) X-Trac Pads Ripper XL 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie1337 View Post
Since you're in KDE Kdenlive is the one I've heard about recently so you can try it out for your video editing demands.

http://www.kdenlive.org/

Are you starting WINE through terminal or something?
I'll check it out. Thank you. +Rep

I am not, I am just trying to install through the terminal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EntTheGod View Post
some eulas through a terminal dont have your cursor on the options by default... so if you are JUST hitting enter that might not work, hit tab first if you didnt
I didn't try that. lol. I'll try that when I get back home.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Linux, Unix