Overclock.net › Forums › General Hardware › General Processor Discussions › New Rig for gaming
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Rig for gaming - Page 3

post #21 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKfarmedkk View Post
Whats that PCI-E HDD Mr. Drakenxile talked about? sounds intresting
OCZ makes them it's called a revodrive the speeds are about 2-3 times faster then normal SSD's i'm actually building 2 systems with them soon

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-661-_-Product

they have a 120gb model but it's a lil slower

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...k=revo%20drive

nonetheless there awesome but you have to make sure you have the room for it on the board since you're goin to have 2 GTX580s a sound card and revodrive
Ryzen 4.0Ghz
(18 items)
 
My HTPC Comp
(12 items)
 
Wife's Computer
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 @4.0ghz MSI B350 Tomahawk MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Team Nighthawk 2x8gb DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston M2sata 500gb Custom Liquid Loop from leftovers Windows 10 64bit 27" Crossover 2560x1440 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
BlackWidow Ultimate  Corsair RM650x Phatneks Enthoo Evolv ATX Mionix Naos QG 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Rosewill Extended Mat Onboard ; ; Corsair SP2500 Sennheiser HD598c 
Audio
Audio-Technica 2020 Micorphone 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen 4.0Ghz
(18 items)
 
My HTPC Comp
(12 items)
 
Wife's Computer
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 @4.0ghz MSI B350 Tomahawk MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Team Nighthawk 2x8gb DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston M2sata 500gb Custom Liquid Loop from leftovers Windows 10 64bit 27" Crossover 2560x1440 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
BlackWidow Ultimate  Corsair RM650x Phatneks Enthoo Evolv ATX Mionix Naos QG 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Rosewill Extended Mat Onboard ; ; Corsair SP2500 Sennheiser HD598c 
Audio
Audio-Technica 2020 Micorphone 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 70
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchdoctor View Post
They are hardcore and supper fast, 3rd gen SSD's will be at the 400 to 500 MBs mark as well

just supper fast hard drive

really look at your board and make sure it wi=orks on it and has the slot layout required for all your cards
Yes, as I said, Ill easly go with the Gigabyte G1 Assassin MB
But with SLI gtx580, my soundcard it will be tight space...
whats the SSD calld? u said revo? I cant find it in the store I buy computers from...
post #23 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKfarmedkk View Post
Yes, as I said, Ill easly go with the Gigabyte G1 Assassin MB
But with SLI gtx580, my soundcard it will be tight space...
whats the SSD calld? u said revo? I cant find it in the store I buy computers from...
if you get the assassin it will be a tight fit but should fit

you'll have a mini x16 slot between your cards and a full length x16 at the bottom
Ryzen 4.0Ghz
(18 items)
 
My HTPC Comp
(12 items)
 
Wife's Computer
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 @4.0ghz MSI B350 Tomahawk MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Team Nighthawk 2x8gb DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston M2sata 500gb Custom Liquid Loop from leftovers Windows 10 64bit 27" Crossover 2560x1440 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
BlackWidow Ultimate  Corsair RM650x Phatneks Enthoo Evolv ATX Mionix Naos QG 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Rosewill Extended Mat Onboard ; ; Corsair SP2500 Sennheiser HD598c 
Audio
Audio-Technica 2020 Micorphone 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen 4.0Ghz
(18 items)
 
My HTPC Comp
(12 items)
 
Wife's Computer
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 @4.0ghz MSI B350 Tomahawk MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Team Nighthawk 2x8gb DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston M2sata 500gb Custom Liquid Loop from leftovers Windows 10 64bit 27" Crossover 2560x1440 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
BlackWidow Ultimate  Corsair RM650x Phatneks Enthoo Evolv ATX Mionix Naos QG 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Rosewill Extended Mat Onboard ; ; Corsair SP2500 Sennheiser HD598c 
Audio
Audio-Technica 2020 Micorphone 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 70
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakenxile View Post
if you get the assassin it will be a tight fit but should fit

you'll have a mini x16 slot between your cards and a full length x16 at the bottom
Does it exist even bigger MB?
post #25 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKfarmedkk View Post
Hello

So after about 2 years now, my GTX295 broke down and my pc is pretty old, ive desided to get a new one.
I have no clue whats the best parts and stuff duo the fact that I have been completly careless in the computer world since I bought that computer
So Basicly, I want the best I can get 4 max 3000 dollars.
Can u guys help?


uhh, and yes i know am probley very lazy since theres a bunch of other threads

thx
For $3000 I give u two choices.
Setup1
cpu- i7 970
mobo- asus rampageIII extreme
gpu- 3x hd6970 tri fire
ram- 6gb/12gb corsair dominator gt 2000mhz/gskill trill trident 2000mhz (12gb will be overkill)
psu- corsair ax1200
pc case- cooler master HAF-X 942
cpu cooler- corsair H70
hdd- 1tb western digital cavair black
ssd- corsair force 40gb
optical drive- lg 12x blu ray drive

Setup2
cpu- i7 2600k
mobo- asus maximusIV extreme/gigabyte p67 ud7
gpu- 3x hd6970 tri fire
ram- 8gb corsair dominator gt 2000mhz/gskill trill trident 2000mhz
psu- corsair ax1200
pc case- cooler master HAF-X 942
cpu cooler- corsair H70
hdd- 1tb western digital cavair black
ssd- corsair force 40gb
optical drive- lg 12x blu ray drive
Cyrus
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1100T Asus M5A97 Evo R2.0 MSI HD6950 TF III PE 2GB unlocked @ HD6970 2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CL9 @ 1800MHz ... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 HP dvd1260 Zalman CNPS 9900 NT Windows7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster P2250 21.5" 1920x1080 Logitech G105 Corsair gs600 80+ Bronze Corsair Carbide 400R 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Spectre Starcraft II  Razer Goliathus Dragon AgeII Edition (speed) 
  hide details  
Reply
Cyrus
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1100T Asus M5A97 Evo R2.0 MSI HD6950 TF III PE 2GB unlocked @ HD6970 2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CL9 @ 1800MHz ... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 HP dvd1260 Zalman CNPS 9900 NT Windows7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster P2250 21.5" 1920x1080 Logitech G105 Corsair gs600 80+ Bronze Corsair Carbide 400R 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Spectre Starcraft II  Razer Goliathus Dragon AgeII Edition (speed) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 70
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket View Post
For $3000 I give u two choices.
Setup1
cpu- i7 970
mobo- asus rampageIII extreme
gpu- 3x hd6970 tri fire
ram- 6gb/12gb corsair dominator gt 2000mhz/gskill trill trident 2000mhz (12gb will be overkill)
psu- corsair ax1200
pc case- cooler master HAF-X 942
cpu cooler- corsair H70
hdd- 1tb western digital cavair black
ssd- corsair force 40gb
optical drive- lg 12x blu ray drive

Setup2
cpu- i7 2600k
mobo- asus maximusIV extreme/gigabyte p67 ud7
gpu- 3x hd6970 tri fire
ram- 8gb corsair dominator gt 2000mhz/gskill trill trident 2000mhz
psu- corsair ax1200
pc case- cooler master HAF-X 942
cpu cooler- corsair H70
hdd- 1tb western digital cavair black
ssd- corsair force 40gb
optical drive- lg 12x blu ray drive
If u bother 2 read the hole thread, u will find out that ive not bothered to buy new CPU and PSU duo the fact that some here said it will only give minor performance boost
post #27 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKfarmedkk View Post
Does it exist even bigger MB?
ya there should be what asus xonar do you have?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813188059
not sure if this guy fits in the 800D tho
Ryzen 4.0Ghz
(18 items)
 
My HTPC Comp
(12 items)
 
Wife's Computer
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 @4.0ghz MSI B350 Tomahawk MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Team Nighthawk 2x8gb DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston M2sata 500gb Custom Liquid Loop from leftovers Windows 10 64bit 27" Crossover 2560x1440 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
BlackWidow Ultimate  Corsair RM650x Phatneks Enthoo Evolv ATX Mionix Naos QG 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Rosewill Extended Mat Onboard ; ; Corsair SP2500 Sennheiser HD598c 
Audio
Audio-Technica 2020 Micorphone 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen 4.0Ghz
(18 items)
 
My HTPC Comp
(12 items)
 
Wife's Computer
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 @4.0ghz MSI B350 Tomahawk MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Team Nighthawk 2x8gb DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston M2sata 500gb Custom Liquid Loop from leftovers Windows 10 64bit 27" Crossover 2560x1440 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
BlackWidow Ultimate  Corsair RM650x Phatneks Enthoo Evolv ATX Mionix Naos QG 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Rosewill Extended Mat Onboard ; ; Corsair SP2500 Sennheiser HD598c 
Audio
Audio-Technica 2020 Micorphone 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 70
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakenxile View Post
ya there should be what asus xonar do you have?
Asus Xonar Essence STX
post #29 of 70
So many bad recommendations here. Forget the Revodrive; you won't notice the benefits over a standard SSD unless you do some serious editing work.

Everything in your computer is fine; anything now will be a sidegrade at best. Your CPU still has enough power to last you through the year and beyond; get yourself a good cooler like the NH-D14 or one of the Corsair Hydro coolers, and overclock it to 4GHz.

Toss out the HDD; grab a Spinpoint F3 for your data, and a C300 SSD for Windows and programs.

Get a GTX 580 or two, your PSU can handle even more than that.

Unless you're unhappy with your 932, there's no reason to change it; it's still a solid case with great cooling.

If your sound system is lacking get yourself some good speakers to go along with your Xonar.

That'll hold you over for even a year or two from now, but you can always upgrade Fall of this year when socket 2011 comes out from Intel.
post #30 of 70
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfemaN View Post
So many bad recommendations here. Forget the Revodrive; you won't notice the benefits over a standard SSD unless you do some serious editing work.

Everything in your computer is fine; anything now will be a sidegrade at best. Your CPU still has enough power to last you through the year and beyond; get yourself a good cooler like the NH-D14 or one of the Corsair Hydro coolers, and overclock it to 4GHz.

Toss out the HDD; grab a Spinpoint F3 for your data, and a C300 SSD for Windows and programs.

Get a GTX 580 or two, your PSU can handle even more than that.

Unless you're unhappy with your 932, there's no reason to change it; it's still a solid case with great cooling.

If your sound system is lacking get yourself some good speakers to go along with your Xonar.

That'll hold you over for even a year or two from now, but you can always upgrade Fall of this year when socket 2011 comes out from Intel.
4 some reason, my GTX295 got up 2 106c... So idk if just my card or what, but my card is now dead And no, its not duo dust.
And the case isent big enough 4 GTX580 SLI and the soundcard without making bad airflow, so I want a better case.

So now:
800D case
gtx 580SLI
Gigabyte G1 Assassin or EVGA 4 way SLi thingy MB
C300 or something else SSD, this is the question wich SSD?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Processor Discussions
Overclock.net › Forums › General Hardware › General Processor Discussions › New Rig for gaming