Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Is this a good P67 motherboard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is this a good P67 motherboard - Page 2

post #11 of 31
UD5 B3 has better working LLC than the B2; LLC1 doesn't overshoot anymore, and LLC2 overshoots a bit less than the B2's LLC1.

UD5's a good board to buy, and it doesn't have those weird offset and idle BSOD issues that people were having issues with on the P8P67 (People are currently having voltages set wrong with offset on the B3 P8P67). So far, I'm pleased with my B3 UD5.

UD5 still occasionally triple posts and reports overclocked failed when loading a profile. Doesn't happen often, though.
SB Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD5 B3 R9 290X 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 2 TB, WD 1 TB, 250gb Liteon ihbs212 blu-ray burner/reader XP+W7 Benq XL2720Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 69/Year of the Goat/Shine 5 Seasonic Platinum X1000 Corsair 760T Logitech G502 with r0ach approved ™ sensor 
Mouse Pad
Puretrak Talent 
  hide details  
Reply
SB Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD5 B3 R9 290X 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 2 TB, WD 1 TB, 250gb Liteon ihbs212 blu-ray burner/reader XP+W7 Benq XL2720Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 69/Year of the Goat/Shine 5 Seasonic Platinum X1000 Corsair 760T Logitech G502 with r0ach approved ™ sensor 
Mouse Pad
Puretrak Talent 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 31
i got the asus p8p67-pro, had it for 2 months , o.c. 4.7ghz stable used 24/7 .. so i vote to asus
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Asus p8p67-pro GTS 450 G. Skill-X 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Kingston SSDnow V. 30Gb , WD-2Tb Green(X2) LiteScrub bluray-12x Window 7 ultimate Asus 24inch VE248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
mircosoft keyboard 2000 Antec 750watt 80 cert. Antec 900 Logitec m510 
Mouse Pad
ikea $1 red circle 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Asus p8p67-pro GTS 450 G. Skill-X 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Kingston SSDnow V. 30Gb , WD-2Tb Green(X2) LiteScrub bluray-12x Window 7 ultimate Asus 24inch VE248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
mircosoft keyboard 2000 Antec 750watt 80 cert. Antec 900 Logitec m510 
Mouse Pad
ikea $1 red circle 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capwn View Post
I got the Sabertooth for $194 out the door...

And It is a better board than the PRO, Plain and simple. It overclocks better, probably because better components are used. When it comes to phases and VRMS, Quality > Quantity...
LOL you kids buy your "military class, and 240 UBER POWER PHASE!@!!!!BBQ!! boards "
Ill be enjoying my boss over here.... Whats funny tho, Is my measly little 8 phases are more than capable of delivering wayy more than safe amounts of power to my chip, without breaking a sweat ( notice the VRM temps in the screenie ( VCORE 1 & 2 ) ).. Talk trash all you want man. I like Asus too, But you need to stop going around spouting off that the sabertooth is teh suck just because you cant afford it..


OT: I would still pick the Gigabyte, That or wait for the EVGA P67 ( Kinda wish I had )
The vanilla asus P8P67 can do 5ghz. These chips oc too easy.

I have an evo and was looking at the sabertooth before I do my rma. But I think the evo is the best one. Sabertooth is way ugly. I guess it would look cool with a noctua as they would match.
550D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700K Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ SSC 4 x 4GB Samsung Green 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial 240gb Samsung EVO 250gb Corsair H80 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix 2560x1440p Quickfire TK MX Brown XFX 750w Black Edition Corsair 550D 
MouseMouse Pad
Lefty Deathadder X Trac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
550D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700K Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ SSC 4 x 4GB Samsung Green 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial 240gb Samsung EVO 250gb Corsair H80 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix 2560x1440p Quickfire TK MX Brown XFX 750w Black Edition Corsair 550D 
MouseMouse Pad
Lefty Deathadder X Trac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post
The vanilla asus P8P67 can do 5ghz. These chips oc too easy.

I have an evo and was looking at the sabertooth before I do my rma. But I think the evo is the best one. Sabertooth is way ugly. I guess it would look cool with a noctua as they would match.
Yeah, Never did I say it was the best board out there.
But people saying "only 8 phase" is like retarted. Nobody needs 12, 16, 24 phases to overclock SB.. I'm just damn tired of this fool showing up in threads talking trash on a board he has not touched, used , or owned... When Ive owned two of the three boards in question here.

As for it being ugly, thats your opinion. I love its looks, esp once its in the case and all mounted up in action. ..
post #15 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capwn View Post
I got the Sabertooth for $194 out the door...

And It is a better board than the PRO, Plain and simple. It overclocks better, probably because better components are used. When it comes to phases and VRMS, Quality > Quantity...
LOL you kids buy your "military class, and 240 UBER POWER PHASE!@!!!!BBQ!! boards "
Ill be enjoying my boss over here.... Whats funny tho, Is my measly little 8 phases are more than capable of delivering wayy more than safe amounts of power to my chip, without breaking a sweat ( notice the VRM temps in the screenie ( VCORE 1 & 2 ) ).. Talk trash all you want man. I like Asus too, But you need to stop going around spouting off that the sabertooth is teh suck just because you cant afford it..


OT: I would still pick the Gigabyte, That or wait for the EVGA P67 ( Kinda wish I had )
can you please back up that stuff coming outta your rear end, with some sort of facts? What parts are higher quality? Compare the product codes of the caps and maufacturers from both boards. What about mosfet components? Just having better heatsinks doesn't mean anything.

Saying that the board has higher quality components doesn't mean anything without proof. Otherwise you're just buying into marketing hype.
SB Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD5 B3 R9 290X 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 2 TB, WD 1 TB, 250gb Liteon ihbs212 blu-ray burner/reader XP+W7 Benq XL2720Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 69/Year of the Goat/Shine 5 Seasonic Platinum X1000 Corsair 760T Logitech G502 with r0ach approved ™ sensor 
Mouse Pad
Puretrak Talent 
  hide details  
Reply
SB Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD5 B3 R9 290X 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 2 TB, WD 1 TB, 250gb Liteon ihbs212 blu-ray burner/reader XP+W7 Benq XL2720Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 69/Year of the Goat/Shine 5 Seasonic Platinum X1000 Corsair 760T Logitech G502 with r0ach approved ™ sensor 
Mouse Pad
Puretrak Talent 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capwn View Post
I got the Sabertooth for $194 out the door...

And It is a better board than the PRO, Plain and simple. It overclocks better, probably because better components are used. When it comes to phases and VRMS, Quality > Quantity...
LOL you kids buy your "military class, and 240 UBER POWER PHASE!@!!!!BBQ!! boards "
Ill be enjoying my boss over here.... Whats funny tho, Is my measly little 8 phases are more than capable of delivering wayy more than safe amounts of power to my chip, without breaking a sweat ( notice the VRM temps in the screenie ( VCORE 1 & 2 ) ).. Talk trash all you want man. I like Asus too, But you need to stop going around spouting off that the sabertooth is teh suck just because you cant afford it..


OT: I would still pick the Gigabyte, That or wait for the EVGA P67 ( Kinda wish I had )
I understand that your trying to rationalize your purchase, but most, if not all motherboards with at least 6 phase power can oc to 5ghz. Sandy bridge overclocking has most to do with the chip itself. The more phases you have, the less heat and stress you put on your vrm's, hence the board typically lasts longer when oc'd higher for long periods of time. Sabertooth boards are not meant for overclocking, they are meant for reliability and stability at stock speeds. And I can afford any motherboard I want, that's not the point. I'm stating that for the money, a p8p67 board has more value for the average user and enthusiast alike.

And why in the world would you recommend an evga board? The only good board evga ever produced was the classy, and now that shamino is gone, evga likely won't produce another 'better than the rest' motherboard.
Ryzen Build
(14 items)
 
Fiance's Rig
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 | 3.75ghz @ 1.35v ASUS ROG Strix B350-F ASUS ROG Strix RX 580 8GB *OTW* G.Skill Ripjaws V Series | 2933mhz @ CL16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk X400 512GB WD Blue 1TB | Raid 1 Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi W/ MasterFan Pro 120 RGB Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic XG2701 Turbot Mechanical Keyboard EVGA SuperNova P2 650w NZXT S340 Elite 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Deathadder Chroma Glorious PC Gaming Race Pad 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 MSI HD 7850 Mushkin Ridgeline Series 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 Series Western Digital Caviar Black Spire Gemini W/ Xigmatek Purple LED Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
ViewSonic VX2370SMH-LED Rosewill Capstone 550w BitFenix Neos Window Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen Build
(14 items)
 
Fiance's Rig
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 | 3.75ghz @ 1.35v ASUS ROG Strix B350-F ASUS ROG Strix RX 580 8GB *OTW* G.Skill Ripjaws V Series | 2933mhz @ CL16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk X400 512GB WD Blue 1TB | Raid 1 Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi W/ MasterFan Pro 120 RGB Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic XG2701 Turbot Mechanical Keyboard EVGA SuperNova P2 650w NZXT S340 Elite 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Deathadder Chroma Glorious PC Gaming Race Pad 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 MSI HD 7850 Mushkin Ridgeline Series 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 Series Western Digital Caviar Black Spire Gemini W/ Xigmatek Purple LED Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
ViewSonic VX2370SMH-LED Rosewill Capstone 550w BitFenix Neos Window Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 31
Rationalize??
Are you kidding? I buy things just to play with them. I have plenty of money dog, Trust me
And you tell me how my board is not meant for overclocking. Seriously did you even look at that screenshot?
Max safe CPU Vcore, under heavy load, And all VRM's WELLL within normal temps ( actually much cooler than my TP67XE )..
Also please tell me how a board that is "meant for reliability and stability at stock speeds" would not be more so for overclocking?? Are you implying that the P8P67 Pro is not reliable or stable at stock speeds?
The fact of the matter is, Its a great board. u mad cuz u dont has one. Seems to me the only one rationalizing their purchase is you, Trying to convince everyone to buy what YOU have.. Notice I never once told ANYONE to buy the Sabertooth, In any thread. Just simply stated my experiences. Thats it. Go hug your EVO's nuts why dont ya.
post #18 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capwn View Post
Rationalize??
Are you kidding? I buy things just to play with them. I have plenty of money dog, Trust me
And you tell me how my board is not meant for overclocking. Seriously did you even look at that screenshot?
Max safe CPU Vcore, under heavy load, And all VRM's WELLL within normal temps ( actually much cooler than my TP67XE )..
Also please tell me how a board that is "meant for reliability and stability at stock speeds" would not be more so for overclocking?? Are you implying that the P8P67 Pro is not reliable or stable at stock speeds?
The fact of the matter is, Its a great board. u mad cuz u dont has one. Seems to me the only one rationalizing their purchase is you, Trying to convince everyone to buy what YOU have.. Notice I never once told ANYONE to buy the Sabertooth, In any thread. Just simply stated my experiences. Thats it. Go hug your EVO's nuts why dont ya.


An asus rep stated himself that the sabertooth was meant for reliability and stability at stock speeds, that doesn't mean they can't be overclocked. But more phases, in theory, means it will last longer under overclocked conditions.

All I was trying to tell the op is that there are better boards than the ud5 and sabertooth for the money. I hail the sabertooth x58 board because it had incredible bang for the buck, but the sabertooth p67 is a joke. It should be at least $30 less expensive than it is.
Edited by Behemoth777 - 3/14/11 at 10:02pm
Ryzen Build
(14 items)
 
Fiance's Rig
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 | 3.75ghz @ 1.35v ASUS ROG Strix B350-F ASUS ROG Strix RX 580 8GB *OTW* G.Skill Ripjaws V Series | 2933mhz @ CL16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk X400 512GB WD Blue 1TB | Raid 1 Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi W/ MasterFan Pro 120 RGB Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic XG2701 Turbot Mechanical Keyboard EVGA SuperNova P2 650w NZXT S340 Elite 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Deathadder Chroma Glorious PC Gaming Race Pad 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 MSI HD 7850 Mushkin Ridgeline Series 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 Series Western Digital Caviar Black Spire Gemini W/ Xigmatek Purple LED Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
ViewSonic VX2370SMH-LED Rosewill Capstone 550w BitFenix Neos Window Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen Build
(14 items)
 
Fiance's Rig
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 | 3.75ghz @ 1.35v ASUS ROG Strix B350-F ASUS ROG Strix RX 580 8GB *OTW* G.Skill Ripjaws V Series | 2933mhz @ CL16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk X400 512GB WD Blue 1TB | Raid 1 Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi W/ MasterFan Pro 120 RGB Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic XG2701 Turbot Mechanical Keyboard EVGA SuperNova P2 650w NZXT S340 Elite 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Deathadder Chroma Glorious PC Gaming Race Pad 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 MSI HD 7850 Mushkin Ridgeline Series 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 Series Western Digital Caviar Black Spire Gemini W/ Xigmatek Purple LED Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
ViewSonic VX2370SMH-LED Rosewill Capstone 550w BitFenix Neos Window Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth777 View Post


An asus rep stated himself that the sabertooth was meant for reliability and stability at stock speeds, that doesn't mean they can't be overclocked. But more phases, in theory, means it will last longer under overclocked conditions.

All I was trying to tell the op is that there are better boards than the ud5 and sabertooth for the money. I hail the sabertooth x58 board because it had incredible bang for the buck, but the sabertooth p67 is a joke. It should be at least $30 less expensive than it is.
Agreed, But if you know how to shop. You can get it for $30 cheaper.
I got $27 off when I bought mine.. And its not a joke. Im serious, Until you use this board, Stop spounting trash out of your piehole.
Its a fantastic board, and runs better than my PRO did.. Take that for what its worth. But stop calling it trash..

Also I took my TUF armor off ( for a peak ) , They used VERY HIGH quality Chokes and Caps on this board. Again , Quality > Quantity.

EDIT: OMG I just realized how incredibly far off topic we are.. Lol

TOPIC ----------------------------------------> Us... hahahaa
Edited by Capwn - 3/14/11 at 9:52pm
post #20 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capwn View Post
Agreed, But if you know how to shop. You can get it for $30 cheaper.
I got $27 off when I bought mine.. And its not a joke. Im serious, Until you use this board, Stop spounting trash out of your piehole.
Its a fantastic board, and runs better than my PRO did.. Take that for what its worth. But stop calling it trash..
I'm not trying to call it trash, because it's not. But it's terribly priced, and is a niche product, or it's supposed to be.

You had your reasons to go with that board, but others like a better priced product for the same end result.
Ryzen Build
(14 items)
 
Fiance's Rig
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 | 3.75ghz @ 1.35v ASUS ROG Strix B350-F ASUS ROG Strix RX 580 8GB *OTW* G.Skill Ripjaws V Series | 2933mhz @ CL16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk X400 512GB WD Blue 1TB | Raid 1 Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi W/ MasterFan Pro 120 RGB Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic XG2701 Turbot Mechanical Keyboard EVGA SuperNova P2 650w NZXT S340 Elite 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Deathadder Chroma Glorious PC Gaming Race Pad 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 MSI HD 7850 Mushkin Ridgeline Series 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 Series Western Digital Caviar Black Spire Gemini W/ Xigmatek Purple LED Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
ViewSonic VX2370SMH-LED Rosewill Capstone 550w BitFenix Neos Window Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen Build
(14 items)
 
Fiance's Rig
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 | 3.75ghz @ 1.35v ASUS ROG Strix B350-F ASUS ROG Strix RX 580 8GB *OTW* G.Skill Ripjaws V Series | 2933mhz @ CL16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk X400 512GB WD Blue 1TB | Raid 1 Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi W/ MasterFan Pro 120 RGB Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic XG2701 Turbot Mechanical Keyboard EVGA SuperNova P2 650w NZXT S340 Elite 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Deathadder Chroma Glorious PC Gaming Race Pad 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 MSI HD 7850 Mushkin Ridgeline Series 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 Series Western Digital Caviar Black Spire Gemini W/ Xigmatek Purple LED Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
ViewSonic VX2370SMH-LED Rosewill Capstone 550w BitFenix Neos Window Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Is this a good P67 motherboard