New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GTX 550 anyone - Page 6  

post #51 of 60
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post
Can you now answer my question ? I bet you will.
And this isn't stirring the pot? Let me guess...sopho...no, junior in college...

So, you don't fold now, don't give a rats behind about the project, just came in here to prove someone wrong on one point. Congratulations, you did it. Oh yeah, and nitpick spelling and grammar, a trolls' favorite pasttime.

In post #20, all you did was agree with the majority that the 460 is the "obvious choice" "at the same price". Fine...but then you didn't leave it there, you started stirring the pot, quoting over and over, just to prove that I'm wrong for saying "nice price". So, let's start with I was being crucified for stating my "opinion" on the price level. You then quoted a graph to mask your pot stirring.

Post #25, you made reference to my weak attempt at a jab. Fine, but you left it opened ended, i.e. kept right on stirring.

Post #30, blatant pot stirring....nothing changed from my previous posts, you had already proven your point (though I hadn't admitted it yet ), then "commanded" me to do something...stir stir stir.

Post #33, other members in the thread notice you are obviously not here to further the discussion, and then you become immediately defensive towards them as well. Then you spin rhetoric on my ramblings...justifiably even. Then you post a graph about folding, showing a 10-15% performaqnce bump out of the 460 over the 550, as to be expected with 30ish% more cuda cores.

At that point, I, in post #34, tried to enlighten everyone reading that this was about FOLDING only. Then I gave some sandbox numbers to work with...

...which you completely ignored in post #35 other than commanding me to again do something. We all know you didn't say anything about the 5770, but you kept whipping that horse. Did you read the rest of the thread? Did you see it devolving? Add in some $10.00 words...hell, at that point I even backed off, other than accusing you of what you were doing, stirring the coals. I even tried to give the "if" word about what may or may not have happened had the 5770 reference not been tossed in post 2.

Post #40....this is when your true colors came out. a wall of text, designed to do one thing, prove me wrong. By then I had admitted it, so it was superfluous at best.

I then posed the question, to which you were unable to answer in the first "answer post", then still needed to get your two cents in.

You're a bully, an educated one. Right under your handle it says, PC gamer. Right or wrong, there are stereotypes involved there, deny them all you want. You advertise it loud and proud. The thread was pretty much gone, and you kept pushing your point about how I'm an idiot for thinking it was priced nicely. Bravo.

I await your longwinded reply
post #52 of 60
Captain Crunch
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3770k @ 4.6Ghz Asus Z77 Sabertooth EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti FTW+ 3GB w/Backplate (SLI) Waiting For GTX 780  
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 2133Mhz 10-10-10-28 1T OCZ SSD Corsair H100 P/P Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Monoprice 2560x1440p Ducky Shine Corsair AX1200 Cooler Master 690 
  hide details  
Captain Crunch
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3770k @ 4.6Ghz Asus Z77 Sabertooth EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti FTW+ 3GB w/Backplate (SLI) Waiting For GTX 780  
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 2133Mhz 10-10-10-28 1T OCZ SSD Corsair H100 P/P Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Monoprice 2560x1440p Ducky Shine Corsair AX1200 Cooler Master 690 
  hide details  
post #53 of 60
Thread Starter 




post #54 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike44njdevils View Post
And this isn't stirring the pot? Let me guess...sopho...no, junior in college...

So, you don't fold now, don't give a rats behind about the project, just came in here to prove someone wrong on one point.
You know why I asked what point you were trying to make ? Because I knew this kind of reply from you would come the moment you asked me if I had "EVER" folded in capital letters - and you just proved me right. You just say things without knowing all the facts. Do you know if I'm again interested in folding ? I am. But no, you didn't even consider that possibility.

I'm 30 years old, but the [young, college] age argument is not valid anyway, because this is not about the age, it's about what people say and how they behave. When you use the young age factor in a derogatory way, you are just being unfair to young people in general.


Quote:
Congratulations, you did it. Oh yeah, and nitpick spelling and grammar, a trolls' favorite pasttime.
Oh, come one, stop it already, you are just trolling now. I was not nitpicking spelling and grammar, just pointing out the irony contained in it to say something else. I explained it extensively too. Go read it again.


Quote:
Post #33, other members in the thread notice you are obviously not here to further the discussion, and then you become immediately defensive towards them as well.
One, it was one member, andypc, who also didn't understand the irony part of that post, which I had to explain. Get your facts straight... again. It was one member. Singular, not plural. And he did agree with me on the main point.


Quote:
Then you spin rhetoric on my ramblings...justifiably even. Then you post a graph about folding, showing a 10-15% performaqnce bump out of the 460 over the 550, as to be expected with 30ish% more cuda cores.
So, I was furthering the discussion or not ?


Look, I'm not going to keep arguing with you, this is complete nonsense, since you are just trolling right now, innacurately describing this thread and who said what, and I'm not going to feed the troll in you anymore.

If I say I'm a PC gamer, you say you are a Folding Fanatic. It shows.
Edited by tpi2007 - 3/15/11 at 11:03pm
 
Metro 2033 review
Metro 2033
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3820 Asus Sabertooth X79 MSI GTX 750 Ti TF Gaming 16 GB Corsair DDR3 1866 Mhz Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 830 128GB + WD Caviar Black 1TB Sony Optiarc DVD-RW Corsair A70 + Noiseblocker M12-P Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Cooler Master Octane Corsair AX750 Professional Modular 80 Plus Gold Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus 
Mouse
Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
 
Metro 2033 review
Metro 2033
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3820 Asus Sabertooth X79 MSI GTX 750 Ti TF Gaming 16 GB Corsair DDR3 1866 Mhz Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 830 128GB + WD Caviar Black 1TB Sony Optiarc DVD-RW Corsair A70 + Noiseblocker M12-P Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Cooler Master Octane Corsair AX750 Professional Modular 80 Plus Gold Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus 
Mouse
Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
post #55 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post
I'm sorry to tell you, but the one picking on little things to make a point is you.

I wasn't picking on his misspelling and it's unfortunate you didn't see what I meant. I do lots of spelling errors all the time and have to edit my posts frequently to correct them; that is not the point nor was ever the point.

I was just pointing out the little irony - and don't make it more than it really is -, that he misspelled the exact word that is at stake here. He didn't have a point/valid argument. Do you understand now ?
Who started the fire in this? You, you accused the OP of trolling in your first reply.
There is no irony in that misspelling. Forgetting to drop the "E" hardly makes his argument the opposite of what he is saying (this is the fundamental definition of "irony").
"Spelling" has nothing to do with a "argument".
"spelling" had to do with "intelligence".

If the OP said, I am right because I am "intellyjent". Then there is irony but yet You can be totally bad at spelling but still have a valid argument. But you cannot say that you are good at English, if you cannot spell.

To make matters worse you say "The "expert" - singular, not plural" to OP. There is the irony right there.

Before you said:
"""I wasn't picking on his misspelling and it's unfortunate you didn't see what I meant. I do lots of spelling errors all the time and have to edit my posts frequently to correct them; that is not the point nor was ever the point."""

then you say:
"""""The "expert" - singular, not plural""""

Irony much?? You failed at your own argument. You discredited your own argument about "irony".
Edited by andypc - 3/16/11 at 12:49am
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenon II 965 BE @ 3.8ghz Asus M4A785TD-V GTX 560ti Twin Frorz 2 Gold edition @ 0.95GHz 6GB DDR3 (4gb corsair, 2gb HyperX) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB Samsung DVDrw Windows 7 premium 64bit 32" sony kdlv5550 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Microsoft Reclusa 550w OCZ Sharkoon rush Fireglider 
  hide details  
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenon II 965 BE @ 3.8ghz Asus M4A785TD-V GTX 560ti Twin Frorz 2 Gold edition @ 0.95GHz 6GB DDR3 (4gb corsair, 2gb HyperX) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB Samsung DVDrw Windows 7 premium 64bit 32" sony kdlv5550 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Microsoft Reclusa 550w OCZ Sharkoon rush Fireglider 
  hide details  
post #56 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by andypc View Post
Who started the fire in this? You, you accused the OP of trolling in your first reply.
There is no irony in that misspelling. Forgetting to drop the "E" hardly makes his argument the opposite of what he is saying (this is the fundamental definition of "irony").
"Spelling" has nothing to do with a "argument".
"spelling" had to do with "intelligence".

If the OP said, I am right because I am "intellyjent". Then there is irony but yet You can be totally bad at spelling but still have a valid argument. But you cannot say that you are good at English, if you cannot spell.


What ? Are you serious ? I can't believe I just read what I did.

You failed to understand it again. Let me try to explain it one last time: the irony had nothing to do with his misspelling of the word "argument", it had to do with the curious fact he accidentally misspelled (happens to everybody like I acknowledged) the word argument, when the discussion was exactly about whether he actually had a valid argument about the price of the card being nice or not.

How difficult to understand is this, seriously ?


Quote:
To make matters worse you say "The "expert" - singular, not plural" to OP. There is the irony right there.

Before you said:
"""I wasn't picking on his misspelling and it's unfortunate you didn't see what I meant. I do lots of spelling errors all the time and have to edit my posts frequently to correct them; that is not the point nor was ever the point."""

then you say:
"""""The "expert" - singular, not plural""""

Irony much?? You failed at your own argument. You discredited your own argument about "irony".

What are you saying now ? Are you just trolling just for the sake of trolling ? I was not quoting him; I wasn't pointing out any misspelling on his part. Did you even bother to read it carefully ?

He said there was more than one person, when in fact there was only one; he used the expression "Experts". It was a perfectly formed sentence, but it wasn't saying the truth. What I did was juxtapose with the expression "Expert", because there was only one person saying it.

The reason I used the expression in quotes was for the same reason the OP did it - he was not quoting anybody, he was making a little irony about a comment someone made which was obviously wrong, and thus the "Expert" obviously did not apply, it was just being ironic.

Did you understand that now ?
Edited by tpi2007 - 3/16/11 at 10:47am
 
Metro 2033 review
Metro 2033
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3820 Asus Sabertooth X79 MSI GTX 750 Ti TF Gaming 16 GB Corsair DDR3 1866 Mhz Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 830 128GB + WD Caviar Black 1TB Sony Optiarc DVD-RW Corsair A70 + Noiseblocker M12-P Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Cooler Master Octane Corsair AX750 Professional Modular 80 Plus Gold Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus 
Mouse
Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
 
Metro 2033 review
Metro 2033
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3820 Asus Sabertooth X79 MSI GTX 750 Ti TF Gaming 16 GB Corsair DDR3 1866 Mhz Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 830 128GB + WD Caviar Black 1TB Sony Optiarc DVD-RW Corsair A70 + Noiseblocker M12-P Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Cooler Master Octane Corsair AX750 Professional Modular 80 Plus Gold Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus 
Mouse
Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
post #57 of 60
I think we all know who the troll here is.

that 550 is overpriced, gtx460 uses less power and beats that amp edition at stock for the same price. Why would anyone think of getting a gtx550 for folding ? It doesn't make any sense.
Sane
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K @ 4.9Ghz 1.46V ASUS Rampage IV Formula ASUS GTX780 1176Mhz 1.187V 16GB GeIL Enhance Corsa 1600Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 256GB 830 EK Supremacy Nickel-Plexi XSPC RS360 XSPC RX240 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
5x Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15 Windows 8 Pro x64 Asus VE228T Logitech G19s 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX850 NZXT Phantom 630 Razor Abyssus 
  hide details  
Sane
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K @ 4.9Ghz 1.46V ASUS Rampage IV Formula ASUS GTX780 1176Mhz 1.187V 16GB GeIL Enhance Corsa 1600Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 256GB 830 EK Supremacy Nickel-Plexi XSPC RS360 XSPC RX240 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
5x Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15 Windows 8 Pro x64 Asus VE228T Logitech G19s 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX850 NZXT Phantom 630 Razor Abyssus 
  hide details  
post #58 of 60
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksasa View Post
I think we all know who the troll here is.
Yeah, but he certainly doesn't.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksasa View Post
that 550 is overpriced, gtx460 uses less power and beats that amp edition at stock for the same price. Why would anyone think of getting a gtx550 for folding ? It doesn't make any sense.
That's now...we're hoping (though some opinions seem to think it won't happen) that the pricing will come down into the current 450GTS range. That would be nice, but only time will tell.

Admins, please clean this thread up a bit. I think it still has some merit, mainly speculative.
post #59 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike44njdevils View Post
Holy poop I didn't know there was a LOL wut nutswinger fan group on here. Guess I'll go fold for someone else
Cya
post #60 of 60
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennobanzai View Post
Cya
I forgot to add a [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tag in there
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Overclock.net Folding@Home Team
This thread is locked