Originally Posted by Lefty67
Too many to list...
The crap they put out now in the last few years makes me think I should get a different hobby
I've been considering it myself. Before I give up completely, I'm going to wait out the big releases this year to see if there's any gems. I'm also about to buy an xbox controller for my PC. Since almost everything coming out is a friggin' console port, I may as well try playing them with the proper input device.
To the OP (in alphabetical order because that's how I roll):
- I've tried for several hours to play this, but the oddball (console) control system combined with the "meh" story and repetition tend to turn me off far before reaching the end.
- I don't care what anyone else says, this game is truly unplayable on PC. Retarded controls, retarded graphics issues...it's kind of like Bioshock and Mass Effect got together and had a retarded baby. Until I bought Dead Space, AC1 was my biggest gaming regret ever. Dead Space has now taken that "honor".
- From the heavy console roots to the bungled Steam launch, FEAR 2 has permanently turned me off of preorders. I enjoyed playing the game even though it was a bit too easy, not scary, and only had a passing resemblance to the original, but it wasn't worth full price.
- Before you crucify me, let me explain. I bought the Orange Box, and I still consider it the single best deal in PC gaming history. I LOVED
these games. I'm just annoyed that I bought Valve's BS about episodic content bringing a faster dev/release cycle. EP3 is the new DNF.
Mass Effect 2
- Like FEAR 2, I don't regret buying the game; just paying full price. I had fun playing it. I just don't feel that the minimal effort put into making this game justified the AAA price.
- Anything from EA's RPG department, due to the excessive amounts of DLC attempting to nickle and dime me to death. Whatever happened to throwing gamers an occasional bone? So...X dev studio finished up some content that got cut before launch or whipped up some cool gear in their spare time. Instead of charging us for every little detail, why not try rewarding us once in a while for supporting you? CDProjekt did it with The Witcher, even going so far as to give away an almost completely rewritten game to people who bought the original version. Due to their dedication to gamers, CDProjekt is the only studio I will even consider preordering from. They're also the only studio I am still willing to pay full retail price. I'll wait till everything else goes on sale.Edited by Mr. Mojo - 3/19/11 at 9:17pm