Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Help me upgrade.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help me upgrade. - Page 2

post #11 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jue View Post
Is SLI 570's and 580's fine to run in a high air flow case? I know with the 480's they seemed to be hotter and heard that the 5 series has better cooling. Also if I did do a upgrade like that how will my PSU fair out?
I purchased my Seasonic x750 as i was informed that it would handle 570's SLI, so your 900w should be cake
The Witchknight
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K@4.8ghz @1.384v w/HT #L044A892 Asus P8P67 Deluxe UEFI 1401->1502->1503 EVGA SC GTX 570 G.Skill Ripjaws X (2x4GB) 8-8-8-24 @1.5v 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB x2 Lite-On DVD Burner Windows 7 x64 Dell U2311H 
PowerCase
Seasonic X750 Azza Hurrican 2000 
  hide details  
Reply
The Witchknight
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K@4.8ghz @1.384v w/HT #L044A892 Asus P8P67 Deluxe UEFI 1401->1502->1503 EVGA SC GTX 570 G.Skill Ripjaws X (2x4GB) 8-8-8-24 @1.5v 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB x2 Lite-On DVD Burner Windows 7 x64 Dell U2311H 
PowerCase
Seasonic X750 Azza Hurrican 2000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 28
SLI 580s and forget about needing to upgrade again for a solid 2 years
Jarvis
(18 items)
 
  
Reply
Jarvis
(18 items)
 
  
Reply
post #13 of 28
Thread Starter 
And what about running these cards on air in sli? should be fine?
post #14 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jue View Post
And what about running these cards on air in sli? should be fine?
not sure which of us you were addressing.

first for the SLI 580's, i suggest waiting on another member to weigh in on psu info, my post for your psu was if using SLI 570's

as to running on air, pertaing to the 570's, should be fine with your case, as the info i gathered is why i'm going air with my case
The Witchknight
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K@4.8ghz @1.384v w/HT #L044A892 Asus P8P67 Deluxe UEFI 1401->1502->1503 EVGA SC GTX 570 G.Skill Ripjaws X (2x4GB) 8-8-8-24 @1.5v 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB x2 Lite-On DVD Burner Windows 7 x64 Dell U2311H 
PowerCase
Seasonic X750 Azza Hurrican 2000 
  hide details  
Reply
The Witchknight
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K@4.8ghz @1.384v w/HT #L044A892 Asus P8P67 Deluxe UEFI 1401->1502->1503 EVGA SC GTX 570 G.Skill Ripjaws X (2x4GB) 8-8-8-24 @1.5v 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB x2 Lite-On DVD Burner Windows 7 x64 Dell U2311H 
PowerCase
Seasonic X750 Azza Hurrican 2000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 28
Wait for the 590 its coming out soon.
Mr.ATI
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q8200 2.33 GHZ Foxconn G31MVP GIGABYTE ATI HD5770 1GB DDR5 PCI-E - GV-R577UD-1G 4 GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
300 GB/ WD 160 GB/Samsung Optic Hard Drive 120 gb Windows 7 Professional Samsung P2370 Logitech MX 5500 Revolution Black Bluetooth Cordle 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Tsunami Logitech Performance Mouse MX BELKIN WaveRest F8E262-BLU Gel Mouse Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
Mr.ATI
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q8200 2.33 GHZ Foxconn G31MVP GIGABYTE ATI HD5770 1GB DDR5 PCI-E - GV-R577UD-1G 4 GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
300 GB/ WD 160 GB/Samsung Optic Hard Drive 120 gb Windows 7 Professional Samsung P2370 Logitech MX 5500 Revolution Black Bluetooth Cordle 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Tsunami Logitech Performance Mouse MX BELKIN WaveRest F8E262-BLU Gel Mouse Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jue View Post
Is SLI 570's and 580's fine to run in a high air flow case? I know with the 480's they seemed to be hotter and heard that the 5 series has better cooling. Also if I did do a upgrade like that how will my PSU fair out?
My GTX570's are using the stock coolers and running on a 750W power supply, so you should be fine with your setup as well. Nvidia has done a good job of tweaking the cooler to run efficiently and quietly. Of course, you are free to tweak the fan profile as you please with MSI Afterburner and the like, so rarely do I ever see my cards hit 75C.

For what it's worth though, I do keep my cards separated by putting the second card in the last PCI-E slot since my case allows outward airflow due to perforations below the last PCI slot. Your experiences may vary if you sandwich them together, but I can't imagine it will be by that much.
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 4258U 2.4 GHz Intel Iris HD 5100 8GB Samsung 256GB SSD 
OS
OSX 10.9 Mavericks 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 4258U 2.4 GHz Intel Iris HD 5100 8GB Samsung 256GB SSD 
OS
OSX 10.9 Mavericks 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by covertash View Post
My GTX570's are using the stock coolers and running on a 750W power supply, so you should be fine with your setup as well. Nvidia has done a good job of tweaking the cooler to run efficiently and quietly. Of course, you are free to tweak the fan profile as you please with MSI Afterburner and the like, so rarely do I ever see my cards hit 75C.

For what it's worth though, I do keep my cards separated by putting the second card in the last PCI-E slot since my case allows outward airflow due to perforations below the last PCI slot. Your experiences may vary if you sandwich them together, but I can't imagine it will be by that much.
Yeah that is what I do on my motherboard, i dont like the tight squeeze and get much better temps apart.

As for if i did go with sli gtx 580's can someone comfirm if my PSU would take them ?
post #18 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Cyb0rg View Post
SLI 580s and forget about needing to upgrade again for a solid 2 years
That's what I'm doing. GTX 580 now, another one in a month and I should be set. My GTX 285s lasted for 2.5 years.
post #19 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jue View Post
Yeah that is what I do on my motherboard, i dont like the tight squeeze and get much better temps apart.

As for if i did go with sli gtx 580's can someone comfirm if my PSU would take them ?
I'd go with at least a good quality 850w psu. 1000w would give you plenty of breathing room should you heavily overclock both cards and processor.
Jarvis
(18 items)
 
  
Reply
Jarvis
(18 items)
 
  
Reply
post #20 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jue View Post
Yeah that is what I do on my motherboard, i dont like the tight squeeze and get much better temps apart.

As for if i did go with sli gtx 580's can someone comfirm if my PSU would take them ?
It's hard to tell as I'm not familiar with your particular unit. A quick Google search did not provide much in terms of reliable sources, nor was there much of positive feedback in terms of the brand.

As Cyb0rg said, your best bet is to look for a quality unit in the 850-1000W range from Corsair, Enermax, Antec, Seasonic, and a few others. Better to be safe than sorry when trying to power a beastly rig.
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 4258U 2.4 GHz Intel Iris HD 5100 8GB Samsung 256GB SSD 
OS
OSX 10.9 Mavericks 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 4258U 2.4 GHz Intel Iris HD 5100 8GB Samsung 256GB SSD 
OS
OSX 10.9 Mavericks 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Help me upgrade.