sorry to all the people complaining about complaining but...... This time I'm gonna go ahead and complain.
The people supporting crysis 2 are on the stance that "not everyhting can be perfect", "It couldn't have lived up to the 1st one", etc... But the issues with crysis 2 are not small. The game seriously looks just the same or even worse than the 1st one. Just take a good long look at the foliage or the water, you'll get it, and no, bloom doesn't look good. I just cannot understand why I should put 60€ for a title that doesn't even improve upon the first one. It's freaking 4 years later I think they could have given us better graphics than c1? Also going backwards in graphics options or actually going backwards on just about anything is unacceptable, especially if it's done on multiple aspects of the game.
Another thing is the multiplayer. I guess this is a matter of opinion, but Crysis 2 is a CoD wannabe, it just is. At least in crysis 1 we had different kinds of maps, modes etc. Now we have a run'n'gun game that has worse gameplay than CoD and uses horrible amounts of motion blur to make the game seem better looking. Also they gimped the suit.
And then there are the small things. Yes I know complaining about one small thing would be nitpicking but together they add up. I mean they were seriously gonna ship it with "press start to begin"? they have a xbox controller on options and a TV brightness adjust thing. I'm glad the aim assist is out tho.
Then there is of course the fact that Crytek have not said anything about the PC version. They could atleast confirm that they have DX11, or when the patch is gonna be out. They could also confirm some advanced options. All we need is an honest statement about a few facts. I'm going to buy your game if you give me the stuff I want, if not then there's no need to try to keep the suckiness a secret.
Please I want to buy Crysis 2, and I want it to be a game that I can play and have fun with. I want nice graphics and customizable option and all that. The first one had those, I don't think they're too much to ask.
2. So tired of the COD copout. maybe you think it feels like COD but why are you judging two maps, two small maps, on the whole mp experience. it wasn't done at the time of the demo and that's only two of 9 maps. COD does not have the verticle depth that crysis has also.
3. How is the suit nerfed? it does more choices now than in the 1st one. Also there's hidden things that crytek is letting the user find out about on their own that they just talked about today like hitting strength while using the sniper gun to stay steady in armor mode or holding the kick button instead of tapping it to make objects fly farther and etc.
4. Crytek never announced they would ship the pc version with "press start". that's stupid rumor mill bs. don't listen to faux statements like that.
5. It does have dx10/11 coming in a patch that is suppose to be on launch day.
6. I haven't a clue why they haven't advertised the graphics of the pc. maybe because the pc community is always undeserving and you might as well show them one product, instead of advancements of a product. if they showed alpha pc screenshots then there would be the biggest ****storm about how downgraded the pc is. just to please the pc community they ported the xbox demo and look how that turned out. that has NOTHING to do with how the final version of sp or mp will look on the pc.
7. I wish they would say something on the patch but they aren't. It seems like they are honestly talking just to germany mags. If you want it to be good then wait for review on launch day. If you are worried about graphics then don't buy anything until you see how it looks with the patch. I like the game but I really don't see the need in having what you get through preordering. You aren't losing out by not playing it at launch. Just don't listen to the people that want to hate, just to hate. at least 60% of the people who bash the product probably never played the xbox demo to begin with. They are the same people who are bashing Dragon Age 2 without playing and bashed Bulletstorm without playing and will bash Duke Nukem without playing and on and on. They aren't the majority and they don't deserve your time.