Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Fudzilla] More Llano specs surface!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Fudzilla] More Llano specs surface!!! - Page 3

post #21 of 33
Phenom II is clocked fairly high as it is on 45nm
But at 32nm..... 4Ghz stock anyone?
Not sure if entirely worth it due to being merely K10 inside, but it could possibly be quite interesting. K10 (Phenom) to K10.5 (Phenom II) was a big improvement in itself actually, and it was similar in that it went down in process node and added more clock speed.
post #22 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpg2 View Post
The fact that they have the power of a 5650M/6550M in a CPU is awesome! I hope they start becoming the norm in most laptops, then every laptop would be a gaming laptop (med-high settings)! PC gaming would be making a come back.
I most agree..Very impressive, I seriously cannot wait for benchmarks and prices. Any ideas yet? I know a HD 6550 M is about 5% slower than a GTX 260 M.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Rad...M.41143.0.html
Edited by paulerxx - 3/16/11 at 6:51pm
post #23 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post
Phenom II is clocked fairly high as it is on 45nm
But at 32nm..... 4Ghz stock anyone?
Not sure if entirely worth it due to being merely K10 inside, but it could possibly be quite interesting. K10 (Phenom) to K10.5 (Phenom II) was a big improvement in itself actually, and it was similar in that it went down in process node and added more clock speed.
The same thing intrigued me, its exciting, but i would think the extra heat and other variables associated with the graphics chip would limit clockspeed.
Heat
(14 items)
 
Asus G73JH
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770K @ 4600mhz Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H eVGA GTX 980 eVGA GTX 980 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Team 8gb @ 2400mhz  SSDs LiteOn H70Core/ Ultra Kaze PP 
OSPowerCase
W7 Ultimate X64 PCP&C MKII 950W CM Storm Scout 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 720 Asus HD5870M 6gb Triple Channel 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500gb Asus Dual Fans W7 17.3" 
Mouse
Razer Orochi 
  hide details  
Reply
Heat
(14 items)
 
Asus G73JH
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770K @ 4600mhz Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H eVGA GTX 980 eVGA GTX 980 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Team 8gb @ 2400mhz  SSDs LiteOn H70Core/ Ultra Kaze PP 
OSPowerCase
W7 Ultimate X64 PCP&C MKII 950W CM Storm Scout 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 720 Asus HD5870M 6gb Triple Channel 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500gb Asus Dual Fans W7 17.3" 
Mouse
Razer Orochi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by _GTech View Post
I tried to tell people this a while back go, I see a cornering of the market!

Goodbye Atom!!! Goodbye Core i3/i5!

Plain Goodness!

Llano is the Spanish word for plain (In Spanish it's pronounced Yah-no!)

Now, if we could get game makers to make some games specifically for these chips! That would be awesome!

Console Laptops & Netbooks!

Hook up XBox controller & go!
The i5 still will definitely have it's place, the i3 however has been a toss up for awhile and this only seals it imo. The i5 doesn't really compete with this imo at least, it is much more of a mid-high end chip.
3930k
(20 items)
 
  
Reply
3930k
(20 items)
 
  
Reply
post #25 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulerxx View Post
I most agree..Very impressive, I seriously cannot wait for benchmarks and prices. Any ideas yet? I know a HD 6550 M is about 5% slower than a GTX 260 M.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Rad...M.41143.0.html
No, it's not. It's around 20-30% slower. Look at the actual game performance. I like to think my lappy's GPU can still slap any IGP.

It still can, though.

In BFBC2 at high, it's 25% slower. In Mafia 2 at high, it's 34% slower. In Starcraft 2 at high, it's 60% slower. In NFS Shift it's 45% slower. In DIRT 2 at high, it's 125% slower. Anyway, you get the point. I was actually being quite conservative. On average, it's 50% faster in games.
Edited by LOL_Wut_Axel - 3/16/11 at 9:28pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo P7450 @2.7GHz Pegatron G60VX (A12) GeForce GTX 260M 1GB @610/1500/2000 Hynix 4GB DDR2 @1000MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Momentus 7200.4 320GB LG GSA-T50N, HP dvd1170r Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit HP W2207 22" (1680x1050) 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Microsoft Digital media Keyboard 3000 Delta Electronics ADP-120ZB BB 120W Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo P7450 @2.7GHz Pegatron G60VX (A12) GeForce GTX 260M 1GB @610/1500/2000 Hynix 4GB DDR2 @1000MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Momentus 7200.4 320GB LG GSA-T50N, HP dvd1170r Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit HP W2207 22" (1680x1050) 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Microsoft Digital media Keyboard 3000 Delta Electronics ADP-120ZB BB 120W Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 33
looks good kudos to AMD.
ESXi Home Box
(6 items)
 
The Workstation.
(16 items)
 
 
CPURAMHard DriveOS
Dual L5630 72GB DDR3 RECC 120GB VERTEX 4 + 6TB RAID5 ESXi 6.0 U2 
Other
Dell PowedgeR710  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2.4GHZ Intel Iris Pro 16GB DDR3 256GB PCI-e x2 
OSKeyboardMouse
OSX 10.11 + Win 10 Apple Wireless Keyboard Apple Magic Trackpad 
  hide details  
Reply
ESXi Home Box
(6 items)
 
The Workstation.
(16 items)
 
 
CPURAMHard DriveOS
Dual L5630 72GB DDR3 RECC 120GB VERTEX 4 + 6TB RAID5 ESXi 6.0 U2 
Other
Dell PowedgeR710  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2.4GHZ Intel Iris Pro 16GB DDR3 256GB PCI-e x2 
OSKeyboardMouse
OSX 10.11 + Win 10 Apple Wireless Keyboard Apple Magic Trackpad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfluenza View Post
ikr?
and it pisses me off when AMD themselves pronounce it like LAH-NO!
its become a pet peeve of mine lol.
It's really not that important, all Americans pronounce Spanish words like their English words, ya know..
The Rock
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
The Rock
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
post #28 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scyy View Post
The i5 still will definitely have it's place, the i3 however has been a toss up for awhile and this only seals it imo. The i5 doesn't really compete with this imo at least, it is much more of a mid-high end chip.
That really depends upon the price of the new Llano chips mate, truly...

The i5 is one expensive freaking laptop!
The Rock
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
The Rock
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
post #29 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL_Wut_Axel View Post
No, it's not. It's around 20-30% slower. Look at the actual game performance. I like to think my lappy's GPU can still slap any IGP.

It still can, though.

In BFBC2 at high, it's 25% slower. In Mafia 2 at high, it's 34% slower. In Starcraft 2 at high, it's 60% slower. In NFS Shift it's 45% slower. In DIRT 2 at high, it's 125% slower. Anyway, you get the point. I was actually being quite conservative. On average, it's 50% faster in games.
I see what you mean.

Those benchmarks are whacked...lol apparently they can run Crysis(high) at 31 fps and Call Of Duty MW(high) at 35fps? WAHhh
Edited by paulerxx - 3/16/11 at 9:46pm
post #30 of 33
Repost

http://www.overclock.net/hardware-ne...no-lineup.html
Battle Station
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Dual Xeon E5520 Quad Core @ 2.27GHz ASUS Z8NA-D6 Aspeed AST2050 6 GB DDR3 
Hard Drive
2 x 500 GB 
  hide details  
Reply
Battle Station
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Dual Xeon E5520 Quad Core @ 2.27GHz ASUS Z8NA-D6 Aspeed AST2050 6 GB DDR3 
Hard Drive
2 x 500 GB 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Fudzilla] More Llano specs surface!!!