Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [EG]Heavy Rain sequel ruled out
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[EG]Heavy Rain sequel ruled out - Page 6

post #51 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Pat__ View Post
I never said that Way to put words in my mouth >_>

What he was saying is, that if the game isn't an exclusive and STILL is crap, people will magically buy it, leading to further degradation in the quality of games, hence the need to make exclusives.
That's why I said that people won't buy crap(with the exception of a few games), and thus there is no need for exclusives in the first place.
Sorry, I feel hypocritical, thats just what I read from the post and it came off as when I read it.
I take back my previous comments.
But that's just it - most exclusives are not crap and just the opposite. In fact, even when they are crap, they do tend to sell alot (Halo ODST for example). It's the good games that don't sell enough (Killzone and/or Alan Wake). I mean, what I'm saying can be very opinionated and subjective - but most of the Halo games up until Reach simply don't match the quality that are games like Killzone or even Alan Wake. Not talking about platform differences, favoritism, or capabilities either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by __Pat__ View Post
From Wikipedia:


Also this is just one case, and from what I remember I usually hear that a game will be an exclusive only when the devs start showing trailers and the like.

And even if they did plan to make it an exclusive from the beginning, it would still not be true that games are great simply because they are exclusives. They will look better due to being optimized but in overall quality that is a non-sequitur, nor should it be.

Also the devs here are really full of it. They chose the PS3 because it's the strongest platform? (from your link)
Guess they forgot about PC. Money does that to you...
And don't tell me it's about optimization. Just look at how great half-life 2 runs on old systems.
To be fair, notice how they said Aegia. That was how long ago that Aegia existed? 5 years ago was it that they got acquired? Add on the amount of time to it was in development like that too. They had alot of time to change things, it wasn't like the game was done where they changed the game to PS3 only.

Again to be fair, but in your defense, Alan Wake underwent dramatic changes because they went Xbox 360 only. Alan Wake was supposed to be an open world sandbox type game, and it had amazing visuals. Once it went 360, they axed pretty much the entire game and rebuilt it linear with heavily reduced visuals. The offline cutscene renders show what an amazingly beautiful game Alan Wake could've been had they went PC too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtarmanrob View Post
agreed, Heavy Rain would not work on a PC. its just not a PC game. unless you have actually played it, you wont understand. no amount of Google-ed tech knowledge and numbers is gonna back you up, Heavy Rain is not as much of a game as it is an experience. it just doesnt suit a PC environment.
I have to disagree. Heavy Rain fits a PC environment just fine.
Replace all the QTE with mouse gestures and/or simple keys and bam. Remember, Heavy Rain is an Indingo Prophecy sequel in essence. If Prophecy worked fine on the PC, why can't Heavy Rain when they were essentially the same? In fact, I'd argue that Prophecy was much more faster paced and it's QTEs were double the difficulty of Rain.

It would fit it fine. Question is, would it be worth it? I'm not sure.
Edited by OmegaNemesis28 - 3/18/11 at 2:49pm
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
Reply
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28 View Post
Sorry, I feel hypocritical, thats just what I read from the post and it came off as when I read it.
I take back my previous comments.
But that's just it - most exclusives are not crap and just the opposite. In fact, even when they are crap, they do tend to sell alot (Halo ODST for example). It's the good games that don't sell enough (Killzone and/or Alan Wake). I mean, what I'm saying can be very opinionated and subjective - but most of the Halo games up until Reach simply don't match the quality that are games like Killzone or even Alan Wake. Not talking about platform differences, favoritism, or capabilities either.



To be fair, notice how they said Aegia. That was how long ago that Aegia existed? 5 years ago was it that they got acquired? Add on the amount of time to it was in development like that too. They had alot of time to change things, it wasn't like the game was done where they changed the game to PS3 only.

Again to be fair, but in your defense, Alan Wake underwent dramatic changes because they went Xbox 360 only. Alan Wake was supposed to be an open world sandbox type game, and it had amazing visuals. Once it went 360, they axed pretty much the entire game and rebuilt it linear with heavily reduced visuals. The offline cutscene renders show what an amazingly beautiful game Alan Wake could've been had they went PC too.



I have to disagree. Heavy Rain fits a PC environment just fine.
Replace all the QTE with mouse gestures and/or simple keys and bam. Remember, Heavy Rain is an Indingo Prophecy sequel in essence. If Prophecy worked fine on the PC, why can't Heavy Rain when they were essentially the same? In fact, I'd argue that Prophecy was much more faster paced and it's QTEs were double the difficulty of Rain.

It would fit it fine. Question is, would it be worth it? I'm not sure.
Tell me , how on earth did black ops get a 9/10, when it has been done 3 times before but yet killzone 3 got a 8.5. I just dont get it.

If heavy rain wanted to be on PC as-well while keeping the quality of the ps3 version, it would've needed the code to be re-written right up to crysis standards. Add another 3 years to development and money the studio simply didnt have. Probably would've have been a 2-3 disc game and only 10% of PC gamers would've been able to experience it as it was intended (due to high requirements). And while they were at, they might as well have developed it for 360 as well since the hardware is very similar to a PC and the coding only needs slight adjustments.

You rarely ever get PS3 and PC only games as once you have coded for a PC, you are effectively 90% of the way there to code for a 360, so why not?
But because the 360 is seriously lacking in horsepower, the devs would've had to cut down the game entirely and do the same to the other versions to make it fair. The result:3 ugly versions cut-down versions of heavy rain, it simply wouldn't have been the great game we have today.

Add the intuitive controls(six axis), with all these things considered, the PS3 was the simply the best platform for it. The move edition is even better.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenon II 965 BE @ 3.8ghz Asus M4A785TD-V GTX 560ti Twin Frorz 2 Gold edition @ 0.95GHz 6GB DDR3 (4gb corsair, 2gb HyperX) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB Samsung DVDrw Windows 7 premium 64bit 32" sony kdlv5550 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Microsoft Reclusa 550w OCZ Sharkoon rush Fireglider 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenon II 965 BE @ 3.8ghz Asus M4A785TD-V GTX 560ti Twin Frorz 2 Gold edition @ 0.95GHz 6GB DDR3 (4gb corsair, 2gb HyperX) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB Samsung DVDrw Windows 7 premium 64bit 32" sony kdlv5550 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Microsoft Reclusa 550w OCZ Sharkoon rush Fireglider 
  hide details  
Reply
post #53 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by andypc View Post
Here it is in plain black and white. you are effectively a PC fan boy sorry.

For that STYLE OF GAME (HEAVY RAIN) IS MUCH BETTER ON A PS3 THAN PC.
Ok I'm going to ignore all the ad-hominems and stawmen you're saying and reply to your post.

Earlier I said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Pat__
It's not that I don't play on consoles, but I utterly despise the whole concept of "exclusives".
I like being given the choice of playing games on the PC.
How exactly does that make me a PC fanboy? Because if saying that does, then what does you ranting on through the entire thread how the PS3 rocks make you?


You obviously haven't played it so don't comment, do you know the gameplay style of heavy rain?

"rotate left analog stick anti clockwise...quickly tap square...shake the controller left and right"

[/quote]

I haven't played it, but I did play and LOVE it's predecessor 'The Indigo Prophecy' (also known as Fahrenheit 9/11 depending on where you played it). So I do know how these game movies are like.

Quote:
So you are saying that heavy rain would be better on pc because the pc cpu can handle more calculations "making gameplay better???"
HAHAHA..shows what you know. The cpu is the strongest part of the ps3, the gpu is rubbish and effectively a gtx 7800. But the cpu is a beast. The theoretical power of the ps3 cell surpasses even the top end pc cpus.


I dont deserve to be on these forums because I think the ps3 is the better platform for heavy rain?...oh please, get over yourself.

Quite frankly you are a ill informed PC fanboy. I dont have a bias and enjoy all platforms equally.
Yes I am the one who's ill informed. You are comparing apples and oranges here...

Do you even know what OpenCV does? It's an image processing library. And guess what image processing is all about? Crunching numbers. You apply things like Fast Fourier Transform or specific filters (noise-reduction) to a matrix or RGB or grayscale. I am currently using it in my research for Stereo Vision.

The 'Cell' is not a general purpose processor. It is similar to a GPU in that it specializes in one thing and does it best. And it's great at crunching numbers. And that is why it did so well in the quote you got above.
As a general purpose CPU, it's not that good. In running games, any modern day CPU will utterly destroy it.

Think about it this way. An HD 5850 does around 1000 GFLOPS while the Cell has a small 102.4 GFLOPS, and the i7 920 has an even smaller 69 GFLOPS.

Going by your logic, Intel should just go out of business, and we should all just GPUs instead of CPUs since they are 10x more powerful!
But we can't, you know why? Because they are not general purpose like CPUs are, and if they were to be treated as such, they would utterly be horrible despite their great power.

But hey, I could be ill informed
Edited by __Pat__ - 3/18/11 at 9:44pm
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #54 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28 View Post
Sorry, I feel hypocritical, thats just what I read from the post and it came off as when I read it.
I take back my previous comments.
But that's just it - most exclusives are not crap and just the opposite. In fact, even when they are crap, they do tend to sell alot (Halo ODST for example). It's the good games that don't sell enough (Killzone and/or Alan Wake). I mean, what I'm saying can be very opinionated and subjective - but most of the Halo games up until Reach simply don't match the quality that are games like Killzone or even Alan Wake. Not talking about platform differences, favoritism, or capabilities either.
Wow! Thank you for that! Not a lot of people would have admitted that (myself included ) +rep!

Quote:
To be fair, notice how they said Aegia. That was how long ago that Aegia existed? 5 years ago was it that they got acquired? Add on the amount of time to it was in development like that too. They had alot of time to change things, it wasn't like the game was done where they changed the game to PS3 only.

Again to be fair, but in your defense, Alan Wake underwent dramatic changes because they went Xbox 360 only. Alan Wake was supposed to be an open world sandbox type game, and it had amazing visuals. Once it went 360, they axed pretty much the entire game and rebuilt it linear with heavily reduced visuals. The offline cutscene renders show what an amazingly beautiful game Alan Wake could've been had they went PC too.
It really doesn't matter when they decided to make it an exclusive or not,
but this is what I meant. I'm tired of developers saying "we don't want money! we only want to make the best game we can make!!" and then going on and doing it on a console.
Consoles are great for making fun games, but not for pushing the limit. Only a PC can do that. If they really wanted to make a game simply for the sake of making a great game, they would have used the PC, and they would have ended up with a game like you described! How awesome would that have been?
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #55 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Pat__ View Post
Damn it! I forgot to put my flame suit on!!!

To everyone,

It's not that I don't play on consoles, but I utterly despise the whole concept of "exclusives", and thus boycott all those games. (Even great games like MGS3 and 4 after having played the 1 and 2)

I like being given the choice of playing games on the PC.



Seriously? Out of all the great games you pick CoD? I wouldn't play it even if it was a PC exclusive. And I'd pick Starcraft over Heavy Rain any day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Pat__ View Post
They have the right to make their games exclusives and I have the right to hate it.
It's just their silly attempt at trying to make me buy a console, completely ignoring the fact that most people already have one, but might prefer to play their games on another platform.

Some people here prefer the PS3 over XBOX360 or PC, or maybe the PC over the PS3 and the XBOX360. Why deny them the pleasure of playing games they like on a platform they don't want?



That's because Sony or Microsoft take a good game, and make it exclusive based on the fact that it's good. The decision to make a game an exclusive usually comes only later on in the development process, and thus it being an exclusive does not determine the fact that it will be good, but rather the other way around.



Yes and those bad games don't sell, which make the developers automatically blame piracy for not selling well. People don't buy crap.(unless it's got a CoD name on it.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by andypc View Post
So you miss out on a fantastic array of games, just because you don't like exclusives? If sony or microsoft own their development studios don't they have a right to make games exclusive for their consoles?

Exclusives are what keep gaming allive as each new exclusive is designed to beat the exclusives of the competition raising the bar for graphics and game play. No exclusives means worse games. Notice how exclusives on the ps3 all score very highly where as multiplat games vary immensely.

What you are suggesting is effectively communism on consoles. And with communism comes low quality, sub par products (lack of competition and innovation) which were factors for the brake up of the soviet union.


Quote:
Originally Posted by andypc View Post
I agree, true gamers care about the quality of the games not the hardware which are used to play them.



Wrong. Exclusives are rarely decided on the latter stages of development. Usually PS3 exclusives are made by companies who are owned by sony from the get go.
Examples:
Guerrila owned by sony since 2005
Naughty dog owned since 2001
Santa Monica owned since 1999 (founded by sce)
Zipper Interactive owned since 2005

Heavy rain isnt owned by sce. The developers decided by themselves to make it a ps3 exclusive, rather than on xbox and PC, they didnt care about the money as games on 360 always sell better. They wanted a single peice of hardware so they could make the game as beautiful as they could.
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/556/why...-ps3-exclusive


Quote:
Originally Posted by __Pat__ View Post
From Wikipedia:


Also this is just one case, and from what I remember I usually hear that a game will be an exclusive only when the devs start showing trailers and the like.

And even if they did plan to make it an exclusive from the beginning, it would still not be true that games are great simply because they are exclusives. They will look better due to being optimized but in overall quality that is a non-sequitur, nor should it be.

Also the devs here are really full of it. They chose the PS3 because it's the strongest platform? (from your link)
Guess they forgot about PC. Money does that to you...

And don't tell me it's about optimization. Just look at how great half-life 2 runs on old systems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andypc View Post
[COLOR="rgb(255, 140, 0)"]Heavy rain was in development for years, long before PCs had the tech they had now.
I dont think heavy rain would've worked on a PC, it is best played relaxing on your sofa with a controller. The game is basicly a film, do you watch films sitting at your desktop? Making it a PS3 exclusive wasnt a financial choice, they couldve made way more money by making it a multiplat. That is why I applaud developers they chose quality over money. Not mention the dialogue was released in 10 different launguages with perfect lip syncing for each one and this hugely benefited from bluray.


Quote:
Originally Posted by __Pat__ View Post
Ok first, who said I don't have my PC in my living room/bed room? Wireless mouse + keyboard = win
Also:





Good job on contradicting yourself
.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andypc View Post
ERRRRR NO.

How does saying that "true gamers dont care about the hardware a good game is on" have anything to do with "ps3 was the best console choice for heavy rain".
Heavy rain was the game it was because the ps3 was the best console choice. End of, if it was the same exact game on 360 and pc, it would not matter what hardware it was on.
But it wouldn't have been, end of.

Quite frankly your whole entire argument is based on "Heavy rain is no good because its an exclusive and I dont like exclusives"

Can the same not be said for crysis?? According to your argument crysis is no good because you cannot play it on your console of choice????

Crysis wouldnt of been the same game if it was on consoles. Look at crysis 2 and see how the bar was lowered to make it multi platform.

Your argument makes no sense
.
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Pat__ View Post
Because when I said that I dislike developers restricting a game to a certain hardware, you replied with what I quoted above, that the hardware does not matter. If the hardware doesn't matter, then how come you're saying that it's only good on a certain hardware (PS3)?

And I never said Heavy Rain wasn't good because it's an exclusive. I am simply saying that it being an exclusive did not make it a better game. It only allowed the developers to make it better optimized because it was restricted to the PS3.

What the developers are saying is that they picked the PS3 because it has the best hardware, and if you agree with that you shouldn't be on this forum. A well optimized PC game would have much better graphics that any console game will have, more gameplay since the CPU can handle complex calculations, and still run on old machines with low settings.


And no Crysis is not the same thing. Crysis was made to push the limit. Even PCs today can barely handle it, consoles would get utterly destroyed by it.
On the other hand a PC or XBOX360 would be perfectly be able to run a PS3 game such as Heavy Rain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andypc View Post
[COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]Here it is in plain black and white. you are effectively a PC fan boy sorry.

For that STYLE OF GAME (HEAVY RAIN) IS MUCH BETTER ON A PS3 THAN PC.

You obviously haven't played it so don't comment, do you know the gameplay style of heavy rain?

"rotate left analog stick anti clockwise...quickly tap square...shake the controller left and right"
[/COLOR]


So you are saying that heavy rain would be better on pc because the pc cpu can handle more calculations "making gameplay better???"
HAHAHA..shows what you know. The cpu is the strongest part of the ps3, the gpu is rubbish and effectively a gtx 7800. But the cpu is a beast. The theoretical power of the ps3 cell surpasses even the top end pc cpus.



I dont deserve to be on these forums because I think the ps3 is the better platform for heavy rain?...oh please, get over yourself.

Quite frankly you are a ill informed PC fanboy. I dont have a bias and enjoy all platforms equally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andypc View Post
Tell me , how on earth did black ops get a 9/10, when it has been done 3 times before but yet killzone 3 got a 8.5. I just dont get it.

If heavy rain wanted to be on PC as-well while keeping the quality of the ps3 version, it would've needed the code to be re-written right up to crysis standards. Add another 3 years to development and money the studio simply didnt have. Probably would've have been a 2-3 disc game and only 10% of PC gamers would've been able to experience it as it was intended (due to high requirements). And while they were at, they might as well have developed it for 360 as well since the hardware is very similar to a PC and the coding only needs slight adjustments.

You rarely ever get PS3 and PC only games as once you have coded for a PC, you are effectively 90% of the way there to code for a 360, so why not?
But because the 360 is seriously lacking in horsepower, the devs would've had to cut down the game entirely and do the same to the other versions to make it fair. The result:3 ugly versions cut-down versions of heavy rain, it simply wouldn't have been the great game we have today.

Add the intuitive controls(six axis), with all these things considered, the PS3 was the simply the best platform for it. The move edition is even better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Pat__ View Post
Ok I'm going to ignore all the ad-hominems and stawmen you're saying and reply to your post.

Earlier I said:


How exactly does that make me a PC fanboy? Because if saying that does, then what does you ranting on through the entire thread how the PS3 rocks make you?


You obviously haven't played it so don't comment, do you know the gameplay style of heavy rain?

"rotate left analog stick anti clockwise...quickly tap square...shake the controller left and right"


I haven't played it, but I did play and LOVE it's predecessor 'The Indigo Prophecy' (also known as Fahrenheit 9/11 depending on where you played it). So I do know how these game movies are like.



Yes I am the one who's ill informed. You are comparing apples and oranges here...

Do you even know what OpenCV does? It's an image processing library. And guess what image processing is all about? Crunching numbers. You apply things like Fast Fourier Transform or specific filters (noise-reduction) to a matrix or RGB or grayscale. I am currently using it in my research for Stereo Vision.

The 'Cell' is not a general purpose processor. It is similar to a GPU in that it specializes in one thing and does it best. And it's great at crunching numbers. And that is why it did so well in the quote you got above.
As a general purpose CPU, it's not that good. In running games, any modern day CPU will utterly destroy it.

Think about it this way. An HD 5850 does around 1000 GFLOPS while the Cell has a small 102.4 GFLOPS, and the i7 920 has an even smaller 69 GFLOPS.

Going by your logic, Intel should just go out of business, and we should all just GPUs instead of CPUs since they are 10x more powerful!
But we can't, you know why? Because they are not general purpose like CPUs are, and if they were to be treated as such, they would utterly be horrible despite their great power.


But hey, I could be ill informed

You honestly make no sense, sorry. I have colour coded the entire argument for you just so you can see the how ludicrous your points actually are.

In every point I have disproved your waffle but then you move onto something else.

I could delve into alot more detail but what you have said is so stupid and it is here for the world to see.

"PC cpu can do more calculations to make game play better"

after I disapprove you, you go onto google and find some information and then disprove yourself.

I honestly never met anybody full of so much nonsense. You dont tend to get many PC fanboys as gamers who play on PC are mature and know the true quality of games thus usually also playing great games on other systems.
You are the exception.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenon II 965 BE @ 3.8ghz Asus M4A785TD-V GTX 560ti Twin Frorz 2 Gold edition @ 0.95GHz 6GB DDR3 (4gb corsair, 2gb HyperX) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB Samsung DVDrw Windows 7 premium 64bit 32" sony kdlv5550 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Microsoft Reclusa 550w OCZ Sharkoon rush Fireglider 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenon II 965 BE @ 3.8ghz Asus M4A785TD-V GTX 560ti Twin Frorz 2 Gold edition @ 0.95GHz 6GB DDR3 (4gb corsair, 2gb HyperX) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB Samsung DVDrw Windows 7 premium 64bit 32" sony kdlv5550 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Microsoft Reclusa 550w OCZ Sharkoon rush Fireglider 
  hide details  
Reply
post #56 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by andypc View Post
[/B]
You honestly make no sense, sorry. I have colour coded the entire argument for you just so you can see the how ludicrous your points actually are.

In every point I have disproved your waffle but then you move onto something else.

I could delve into alot more detail but what you have said is so stupid and it is here for the world to see.

"PC cpu can do more calculations to make game play better"

after I disapprove you, you go onto google and find some information and then disprove yourself.

I honestly never met anybody full of so much nonsense. You dont tend to get many PC fanboys as gamers who play on PC are mature and know the true quality of games thus usually also playing great games on other systems.
You are the exception.
Again, how does this make me a PC fan boy? It is clearly seen that I am arguing against exclusives.

And where exactly did you go deep and disprove me? We were exchanging opinions. You can't disprove an opinion. You said the game was good on PS3, I said it wasn't. The only time you were right was about exclusives being decided earlier on in the development process, to which I replied in my later post that it did not matter anyway.

But you accused me of moving on?? I had 2 points to make: There is no excuse for console exclusives. And PC exclusives are justifiable if they can do things consoles can't (pushing the limits like Crysis), other wise they are also not justifiable.

Oh and regarding the "PC cpu can do more calculations to make game play better", I misspoke and that's why I clarified in detail what I meant in my last post which you so clearly ignored.
I did not google these things (and it is very hypocritical of you of accusing me of 'googling' considering your quote came from Wikipedia )
I'm studying Computer Engineering, it's my job to know these things.
But go ahead ignore my last post by accusing me of being a fanboy. Clearly you did not understand what I'm talking about regarding processor architectures.
Edited by __Pat__ - 3/19/11 at 12:38am
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #57 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by andypc View Post
Tell me , how on earth did black ops get a 9/10, when it has been done 3 times before but yet killzone 3 got a 8.5. I just dont get it.
Exactly. I can't stand that.

Quote:
If heavy rain wanted to be on PC as-well while keeping the quality of the ps3 version, it would've needed the code to be re-written right up to crysis standards. Add another 3 years to development and money the studio simply didnt have. Probably would've have been a 2-3 disc game and only 10% of PC gamers would've been able to experience it as it was intended (due to high requirements). And while they were at, they might as well have developed it for 360 as well since the hardware is very similar to a PC and the coding only needs slight adjustments.
It wouldn't take another 3 years to develop it, nor 2-3 discs
It's not that difficult to port games now, and Heavy Rain wasn't larger than other games. Visually it was impressive but only because it wasn't like other games mechanically. You didn't explore, everything is scripted just based on your choices, ect. They can do alot more with that visually then they can do with other games. To be honest, there probably wasn't a whole lot of "exclusive" code on the PS3 other than SPU stuff that wouldn't be able to be done by other platforms. I can't exactly confirm that though.

Quote:
You rarely ever get PS3 and PC only games as once you have coded for a PC, you are effectively 90% of the way there to code for a 360, so why not?
But because the 360 is seriously lacking in horsepower, the devs would've had to cut down the game entirely and do the same to the other versions to make it fair. The result:3 ugly versions cut-down versions of heavy rain, it simply wouldn't have been the great game we have today.
Not true. Devil May Cry 4 for example started out on development on the PC. Then it went into development on the PS3 exclusively. Then it got ported over to the 360, and then returned to the PC later on. I don't see any cut down versions of it on all 3 platforms.
Granted, to port to the PS3 correctly it takes alot of work if the developer wants it done right (cough Bayonetta cough) and it probably takes alot of work to do it the other way as well. But don't doubt developer's capabilities. Every game on any platform can be done on any other platform just fine.

Quote:
Add the intuitive controls(six axis), with all these things considered, the PS3 was the simply the best platform for it. The move edition is even better.
The Move controls add to the fact that keyboard and mouse would be capable of playing the game too. It consisted of basically left up up down half circle and what not gestures. Indigo Prophecy had all of that on the PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andypc View Post
You honestly make no sense, sorry. I have colour coded the entire argument for you just so you can see the how ludicrous your points actually are.

In every point I have disproved your waffle but then you move onto something else.

I could delve into alot more detail but what you have said is so stupid and it is here for the world to see.

"PC cpu can do more calculations to make game play better"

after I disapprove you, you go onto google and find some information and then disprove yourself.

I honestly never met anybody full of so much nonsense. You dont tend to get many PC fanboys as gamers who play on PC are mature and know the true quality of games thus usually also playing great games on other systems.
You are the exception.
He's not a PC fanboy. He just dislikes exclusive. And I can agree to an extent. I always have felt like exclusive seriously separate gamers and leads to alot of the garbage be see today regarding fanboys. At the same time, multiplatform games tend to lead to alot of garbage regarding how people are always anal about comparing the games.

What he has said so far makes sense and almost nothing he's said is necessarily wrong. You haven't disproved much, although the one point he made about console exclusives yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Pat_
There is no excuse for console exclusives.
he did say that platform developers like Sony and Microsoft have inhouse developers. Their purpose is to make console exclusives, and obviously they would be. They don't need an excuse. You would want your own invention to be more popular than the other, and of course you would want the best games for it.
There is an exception to that though and it's Microsoft. Microsoft has no excuse to not be putting most of their 360 exclusive games on the PC. Alan Wake, again is the perfect example of a game that should be on the PC but Microsoft is a bunch of dumb asshats.
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
Reply
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #58 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Pat__ View Post
Again, how does this make me a PC fan boy? It is clearly seen that I am arguing against exclusives.

And where exactly did you go deep and disprove me? We were exchanging opinions. You can't disprove an opinion. You said the game was good on PS3, I said it wasn't. The only time you were right was about exclusives being decided earlier on in the development process, to which I replied in my later post that it did not matter anyway.

But you accused me of moving on?? I had 2 points to make: There is no excuse for console exclusives. And PC exclusives are justifiable if they can do things consoles can't (pushing the limits like Crysis), other wise they are also not justifiable.

Oh and regarding the "PC cpu can do more calculations to make game play better", I misspoke and that's why I clarified in detail what I meant in my last post which you so clearly ignored.
I did not google these things (and it is very hypocritical of you of accusing me of 'googling' considering your quote came from Wikipedia )
I'm studying Computer Engineering, it's my job to know these things.
But go ahead ignore my last post by accusing me of being a fanboy. Clearly you did not understand what I'm talking about regarding processor architectures.
You are fan boy because:
1) You "hate and boycott" all console exclusives because you cannot play them on your PC.
2)You hate all exclusives apart from PC exclusives
3)You think that games become an exclusive at the last minute because they hate PC and love money.
4)You think that your PC is the norm for PC hardware and dont realize that most PC gamers cannot achieve the visuals of the best graphical console exclusives.
5)you think developers have infinite resources to code a game each time for PC.
6)You think that the average PC during heavy rains development(2008) couldve had better visuals than the PS3.
7)You think that a wireless keyboard and mouse will better than a motion sensing controller at quick time events.
8)You think that a weaker PC cpu is better at games because it can do other tasks besides gaming.???
9)You think that anybody who believes that the PS3 was the best platform choice for heavy rain doesn't deserve to be on the forums.
10)You Havent even played the game which you claim will be better on PC.

There you have it, 10 reasons all originating from your posts.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenon II 965 BE @ 3.8ghz Asus M4A785TD-V GTX 560ti Twin Frorz 2 Gold edition @ 0.95GHz 6GB DDR3 (4gb corsair, 2gb HyperX) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB Samsung DVDrw Windows 7 premium 64bit 32" sony kdlv5550 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Microsoft Reclusa 550w OCZ Sharkoon rush Fireglider 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenon II 965 BE @ 3.8ghz Asus M4A785TD-V GTX 560ti Twin Frorz 2 Gold edition @ 0.95GHz 6GB DDR3 (4gb corsair, 2gb HyperX) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB Samsung DVDrw Windows 7 premium 64bit 32" sony kdlv5550 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Microsoft Reclusa 550w OCZ Sharkoon rush Fireglider 
  hide details  
Reply
post #59 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28 View Post
Exactly. I can't stand that.



It wouldn't take another 3 years to develop it, nor 2-3 discs
It's not that difficult to port games now, and Heavy Rain wasn't larger than other games. Visually it was impressive but only because it wasn't like other games mechanically. You didn't explore, everything is scripted just based on your choices, ect. They can do alot more with that visually then they can do with other games. To be honest, there probably wasn't a whole lot of "exclusive" code on the PS3 other than SPU stuff that wouldn't be able to be done by other platforms. I can't exactly confirm that though.



Not true. Devil May Cry 4 for example started out on development on the PC. Then it went into development on the PS3 exclusively. Then it got ported over to the 360, and then returned to the PC later on. I don't see any cut down versions of it on all 3 platforms.
Granted, to port to the PS3 correctly it takes alot of work if the developer wants it done right (cough Bayonetta cough) and it probably takes alot of work to do it the other way as well. But don't doubt developer's capabilities. Every game on any platform can be done on any other platform just fine.



The Move controls add to the fact that keyboard and mouse would be capable of playing the game too. It consisted of basically left up up down half circle and what not gestures. Indigo Prophecy had all of that on the PC.



He's not a PC fanboy. He just dislikes exclusive. And I can agree to an extent. I always have felt like exclusive seriously separate gamers and leads to alot of the garbage be see today regarding fanboys. At the same time, multiplatform games tend to lead to alot of garbage regarding how people are always anal about comparing the games.

What he has said so far makes sense and almost nothing he's said is necessarily wrong. You haven't disproved much, although the one point he made about console exclusives yes.



he did say that platform developers like Sony and Microsoft have inhouse developers. Their purpose is to make console exclusives, and obviously they would be. They don't need an excuse. You would want your own invention to be more popular than the other, and of course you would want the best games for it.
There is an exception to that though and it's Microsoft. Microsoft has no excuse to not be putting most of their 360 exclusive games on the PC. Alan Wake, again is the perfect example of a game that should be on the PC but Microsoft is a bunch of dumb asshats.
Code on PS3 is extremely difficult. Why dont you see multi platform games on ps3 with graphics on par to ps3 exclusives? The game itself isnt large. Its the sheer amount of 5.1 audio. There is like 6 hours for each of the 10 different languages.

Doesn't the devil may cry bit prove me right since it was designed for PC then codded for 360??

If you dislike exclusives, you dislike crysis and strarcraft 2. Exclusives allow a platform to reach their full potential, whether it be killzone or crysis. You cannot say you dislike exclusives apart from pc exclusives as that essentially makes you a Fanboy.

If an xbox person game onto the forums and said "I hate PC exclusives(crysis) and boycott them as I cannot play it on my xbox". Would you not call him a fanboy, its the same thing.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenon II 965 BE @ 3.8ghz Asus M4A785TD-V GTX 560ti Twin Frorz 2 Gold edition @ 0.95GHz 6GB DDR3 (4gb corsair, 2gb HyperX) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB Samsung DVDrw Windows 7 premium 64bit 32" sony kdlv5550 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Microsoft Reclusa 550w OCZ Sharkoon rush Fireglider 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenon II 965 BE @ 3.8ghz Asus M4A785TD-V GTX 560ti Twin Frorz 2 Gold edition @ 0.95GHz 6GB DDR3 (4gb corsair, 2gb HyperX) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB Samsung DVDrw Windows 7 premium 64bit 32" sony kdlv5550 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Microsoft Reclusa 550w OCZ Sharkoon rush Fireglider 
  hide details  
Reply
post #60 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by andypc View Post
You are fan boy because:
1) You "hate and boycott" all console exclusives because you cannot play them on your PC.
2)You hate all exclusives apart from PC exclusives
3)You think that games become an exclusive at the last minute because they hate PC and love money.
4)You think that your PC is the norm for PC hardware and dont realize that most PC gamers cannot achieve the visuals of the best graphical console exclusives.
5)you think developers have infinite resources to code a game each time for PC.
6)You think that the average PC during heavy rains development(2008) couldve had better visuals than the PS3.
7)You think that a wireless keyboard and mouse will better than a motion sensing controller at quick time events.
8)You think that a weaker PC cpu is better at games because it can do other tasks besides gaming.???
9)You think that anybody who believes that the PS3 was the best platform choice for heavy rain doesn't deserve to be on the forums.
10)You Havent even played the game which you claim will be better on PC.

There you have it, 10 reasons all originating from your posts.
Sigh... just keep ignoring all my arguments and just call me a fanboy.
Here is my reply. Although you should not to be dignified with one.
1) I prefer playing most games on PC because of better graphics and quality. Why don't I have the right to want to play games on PC but you have the right to want to play games on PS3?
2)You ignored my post yet again. I specifically said earlier on that PC exclusives aren't justifiable any more than console exclusives are. The only exception being games that are too strong for consoles to handle such as the first Crysis.
3)I already admitted I was wrong about that in the previous post. Can't you give me some credit? (Also how does that make me a fan boy?)
4)A true PC game will be optimized for a wide array of hardware. Just look at Half-life 2. And even if they weren't, if all developers worried about backward compatibility the way you want it to be, we would still be playing games with Doom 1 graphics because some hardware can't handle it.
5)When did I say that? That even isn't needed. Just look at Battlefield 3.
6)Don't forget that for consoles to be affordable, M$ and Sony didn't put the latest generation of cards in the consoles when they made them. Add the years to 2008. That means the graphic cards were better than the ones in the consoles. Look at Crysis.
7)That is pure opinion. Also a PC can handle a controller if that's your style.
8)I never said that. I said that the 'cell' processor is not faster than a regular CPU when it comes to general purpose computing. That includes running games. Games require a processor that works as a 'general purpose', other wise we should just use GPUs in our consoles, and disregard the whole concept of CPU seeing how a regular GPU has 10x GFLOPS than any CPU or of the cell processor. But again, that wouldn't work. Clusters and the like are where the cell truly shines.
9)No just you.
10)Again you ignored my post. I played it's predecessor on PC. It may not be exactly the same thing, but by your description it does sound quite similar.
Edited by __Pat__ - 3/19/11 at 1:20pm
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [EG]Heavy Rain sequel ruled out