Originally Posted by Steak House
Interesting - I wonder what happened?
Could have been a really bad mount or change in ambient or simply not waiting for stabilization in the radiator...any number of variables or combination of them can add up to a big figure like that. We all make mistakes and watercooling is particularly complex in testing errors possible.
I remember when I first started water cooling, I was trying to measure the max head pressure of a pump and couldn't even come close to published results. Little did I know later that the little radioshack power supply was feeding the pump 15V instead of 12V.
I also used to test pump pressure using the outlet only and didn't realize there was static pressure error in doing that.
I also used to test radiators using the "Water Out" instead of water average method, and was pulling my hair out when I "Attempted" to measure flow rate effects not realizing that the problems that causes.
We all make errors and mistakes in testing, it happens and it's all good as long as we learn from it.