Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] The Sandy Stable Club **Guides, Voltages, Temps & BIOS Templates** Inc SPREADSHEET
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Sandy Stable Club **Guides, Voltages, Temps & BIOS Templates** Inc SPREADSHEET - Page 220

post #2191 of 10700
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuloran1 View Post
Since c6 didnt post here is what i says.

Intel Virtualization Technology is enabled.
I have very limited understanding of it, other then it is used for running more then 1 OS simultaneously.
Kind of asking for my self here, too. But does it affect performance in anyway? Either positively or negatively?

Edit: Asking this in terms of running 1 OS and pushing for high overclocks.
Compuhorse
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k Asus P67 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 780ti CLASSIFIED Corsair Vengeance 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 512gb 840 PRO LG Bluray burner Corsair Hydro H80i Windows 8.1 PRO 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus 27" 2560x1440 CORSAIR K95 Mechanical Seasonic 1000w Platinum Corsair 600T Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus MIONIX Propus Creative X-FI HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Compuhorse
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k Asus P67 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 780ti CLASSIFIED Corsair Vengeance 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 512gb 840 PRO LG Bluray burner Corsair Hydro H80i Windows 8.1 PRO 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus 27" 2560x1440 CORSAIR K95 Mechanical Seasonic 1000w Platinum Corsair 600T Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus MIONIX Propus Creative X-FI HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2192 of 10700
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnivian View Post
Intel Virtualization Technology is enabled.
I have very limited understanding of it, other then it is used for running more then 1 OS simultaneously.
Kind of asking for my self here, too. But does it affect performance in anyway? Either positively or negatively?

Edit: Asking this in terms of running 1 OS and pushing for high overclocks.
It doesnt effect overclocking or performance and is best to leave on default.
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2193 of 10700
Quote:
Originally Posted by munaim1 View Post
It doesnt effect overclocking or performance and is best to leave on default.
Too easy! Thanks very much. :]
Compuhorse
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k Asus P67 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 780ti CLASSIFIED Corsair Vengeance 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 512gb 840 PRO LG Bluray burner Corsair Hydro H80i Windows 8.1 PRO 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus 27" 2560x1440 CORSAIR K95 Mechanical Seasonic 1000w Platinum Corsair 600T Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus MIONIX Propus Creative X-FI HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Compuhorse
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k Asus P67 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 780ti CLASSIFIED Corsair Vengeance 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 512gb 840 PRO LG Bluray burner Corsair Hydro H80i Windows 8.1 PRO 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus 27" 2560x1440 CORSAIR K95 Mechanical Seasonic 1000w Platinum Corsair 600T Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus MIONIX Propus Creative X-FI HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2194 of 10700
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnivian View Post
Too easy! Thanks very much. :]
No worries happy help
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2195 of 10700
New submission:

I've been using the 1792 and 1344 FFT's to do quick and dirty Prime testing. Testing these two FFT's for 15 mins was not enough for me. Several times I'd pass the 1792 FFT at 15 mins, only to fail the 12hr prime test (hour 2,6, & 10) .

Changing the setting to 30 mins did the trick. Every instance of passing the 30 min 1792 FFT test resulted in passing the 12hr test.

Gonna try to get the hang of offset and play around with it a bit.

Edited by Cheeba-Ace - 8/3/11 at 4:00am
post #2196 of 10700
My entry.

post #2197 of 10700
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeba-Ace View Post
New submission:

I've been using the 1792 and 1344 FFT's to do quick and dirty Prime testing. Testing these two FFT's for 15 mins was not enough for me. Several times I'd pass the 1792 FFT at 15 mins, only to fail the 12hr prime test (hour 2,6, & 10) .

Changing the setting to 30 mins did the trick. Every instance of passing the 30 min 1792 FFT test resulted in passing the 12hr test.

Gonna try to get the hang of offset and play around with it a bit.

Very nice bud, it's a pretty big difference from your first submission. You can compare it with your old one from the old entries section. a 5c drop with the voltage is pretty good!!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by fuloran1 View Post
My entry.

nice one, spreadsheet updated


Grab your sig from here:
Code:

[CENTER][SIZE="3"][B][THREAD=968053][FONT="Book Antiqua"][:clock:] The Sandy STABLE Club [:clock:][/FONT][/THREAD][/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] 

it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2198 of 10700
I have a new (old to some...) finding.
I suddenly got BSOD 124 while browsing web on my 22hours prime stable 4.8.
First time this happened in 2 months or so.
I was thinking the RAM might be crapping out.

So I bumped VTT and dram. LinX crashed.
Made the timings to stock 1600. LinX Crashed.
Then I thought my CPU was degrading....
So I bumped vcore up a notch. Still LinX crashed.
One more notch did the same thing....
At that point I really thought my chip got degradation.

But I turned "Spread spectrum" ON.
Now the LinX passes fine with the same 4.8 setting.
On top of that, the vcore reading is now at 1.377~1.380 load.
It used to be 1.384 load.
And surprise...the GFlops score got better with lower vcore with spread spectrum on.
(2~4GFlops avg better than what I used to get)
Isn't it strange that it suddenly wants spread spectrum to be on....
One thing I can think of is that UEFI is somehow corrupted and LLC isn't working properly since the load and idle vcore acts differently now.....
Maybe I should hard reset cmos and see...
But anyway, now I have to test everything over again >.<

Those Spread Spectrum and PLL Overvoltage work strange on OC...
Edited by Tunagoblin - 8/3/11 at 9:25am
i5 2500K GTX570HD
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4.8GHz 1.384V AsRock P67 Extreme4 (B3) UEFI3.19 EVGA GTX 570HD SC 930/1950 G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 PC12800 2x4GB@1866 9-10-9-28 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 SSD 128GB, 1x 500GB WD, 2x1TB WD Samsung DL DVD Writer Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE Steelseries 6GV2 Rosewill Capstone 650W Corsair 600T White 
MouseMouse Pad
Steelseries Sensei Steelseries Qck Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
i5 2500K GTX570HD
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4.8GHz 1.384V AsRock P67 Extreme4 (B3) UEFI3.19 EVGA GTX 570HD SC 930/1950 G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 PC12800 2x4GB@1866 9-10-9-28 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 SSD 128GB, 1x 500GB WD, 2x1TB WD Samsung DL DVD Writer Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE Steelseries 6GV2 Rosewill Capstone 650W Corsair 600T White 
MouseMouse Pad
Steelseries Sensei Steelseries Qck Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2199 of 10700
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunagoblin View Post
I have a new (old to some...) finding.
I suddenly got BSOD 124 while browsing web on my 22hours prime stable 4.8.
First time this happened in 2 months or so.
I was thinking the RAM might be crapping out.

So I bumped VTT and dram. LinX crashed.
Made the timings to stock 1600. LinX Crashed.
Then I thought my CPU was degrading....
So I bumped vcore up a notch. Still LinX crashed.
One more notch did the same thing....
At that point I really thought my chip got degradation.

But I turned "Spread spectrum" ON.
Now the LinX passes fine with the same 4.8 setting.
On top of that, the vcore reading is now at 1.377~1.380 load.
It used to be 1.384 load.
And surprise...the GFlops score got better with lower vcore with spread spectrum on.
(2~4GFlops avg better than what I used to get)
Isn't it strange that it suddenly wants spread spectrum to be on....
One thing I can think of is that UEFI is somehow corrupted and LLC isn't working properly since the load and idle vcore acts differently now.....
Maybe I should hard reset cmos and see...
But anyway, now I have to test everything over again >.<

Those Spread Spectrum and PLL Overvoltage work strange on OC...
It's not the same as overclocking the older cpu's, that is why most of the things that were disabled before should really be left on default, UNLESS you are facing some kind of issue that includes the safety features (C1E, speedstep, C3 and C6).

My advice is leaving Spread spectrum on, if you BCLK is bouncing around, try updating your BIOS or making sure it's set to 100.
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2200 of 10700
Quote:
Originally Posted by munaim1 View Post
It's not the same as overclocking the older cpu's, that is why most of the things that were disabled before should really be left on default, UNLESS you are facing some kind of issue that includes the safety features (C1E, speedstep, C3 and C6).

My advice is leaving Spread spectrum on, if you BCLK is bouncing around, try updating your BIOS or making sure it's set to 100.
I'm on the latest UEFI.
I think all the P67 asrock UEFI, spread spectrum off = bclk 100
spread spectrum on = bclk 99.8
Only way to make it 100 is to turn ss off.
bumping up bklc doesn't make it exactly 100, either.

But it is strange that my system all the sudden needs it on.
It was stable and had no problem without it.
I think it's buggy UEFI.
i5 2500K GTX570HD
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4.8GHz 1.384V AsRock P67 Extreme4 (B3) UEFI3.19 EVGA GTX 570HD SC 930/1950 G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 PC12800 2x4GB@1866 9-10-9-28 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 SSD 128GB, 1x 500GB WD, 2x1TB WD Samsung DL DVD Writer Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE Steelseries 6GV2 Rosewill Capstone 650W Corsair 600T White 
MouseMouse Pad
Steelseries Sensei Steelseries Qck Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
i5 2500K GTX570HD
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4.8GHz 1.384V AsRock P67 Extreme4 (B3) UEFI3.19 EVGA GTX 570HD SC 930/1950 G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 PC12800 2x4GB@1866 9-10-9-28 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 SSD 128GB, 1x 500GB WD, 2x1TB WD Samsung DL DVD Writer Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE Steelseries 6GV2 Rosewill Capstone 650W Corsair 600T White 
MouseMouse Pad
Steelseries Sensei Steelseries Qck Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
  • [Official] The Sandy Stable Club **Guides, Voltages, Temps & BIOS Templates** Inc SPREADSHEET
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] The Sandy Stable Club **Guides, Voltages, Temps & BIOS Templates** Inc SPREADSHEET