Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] The Sandy Stable Club **Guides, Voltages, Temps & BIOS Templates** Inc SPREADSHEET
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Sandy Stable Club **Guides, Voltages, Temps & BIOS Templates** Inc SPREADSHEET - Page 233

post #2321 of 10701
Quote:
Originally Posted by kzinti1 View Post
Don't OC. HUH? I think you may be on the wrong Forum. You DO know that this is OverClock.net don't you? I think you'd be far more happy and in tune with Dell.com or some other OEM site. We OC it until it fries and then start over.
I OC aswell as you can see in my rig sig and even benched at 4.9 so....
I don't understand your post. Please don't start a flame war.
What i said is that when you OC the probablity of a system crash increase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunagoblin View Post
I think what you call "stable" is different than my "Stable" that is all.
Since I believe I can make my OC 120% stable.
Anything will fail when it fail even w/o OC.
You get 8GB of RAM but you don't test it all.... and call it stable...fine.
I'd rather get 4GB ram instead, though...
Since you said you aren't gonna use all ram... then there is no reason to get 8GB ram in the first place...
But again, passing the stress test is NOT the ultimate goal.
I got 8Gb of RAM, because there wasn't 2gb Modules and the price diff was to little. There is no need to start a flame war here.
What i say if you use your system only for playing or everyday stuff(like me) there is no need to raise the vcore to make your your system stable at 6500Mb of RAM. Thats all.
But if you use your system to work and you need 120% stability thats fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by munaim1 View Post
Stability is hugely subjective, for example leaving a 20/30 tabs open and playing bfbc2 with fraps will surely drain the available RAM, that for someone could be everday usage.

Taking that into account I find that being able to stay stable for scenerio's like that, decreases your chances of getting any kind of bsod, therefore 'MORE' stability, which might be overkill to some but desirable for plenty of people.

On that note, those that have passed the blend run at 1600mb are stable for how they run their rig, for example, gaming 24/7 bfbc2 with no problems, however, it 'may' not be stable for high ram usage scenerio's which could be unlikely for some as they won't be running fraps and have 20/30 tabs open in the background because that's not how they run their rig.

Once you have done a 12hour+ blend whether it be custom or standard blend, there won't be a need to run it again and im pretty certain that you won't get a bsod that relates to unstability of your overclock.

There will ALWAYS be different opinons about this whole stability issue.

This is JUST the stable club, whether you go for, a standard blend or a custom blend you should be stable for what you use it for, stability is stability for your own use. If standard doesn't work for you, then go ahead and do a custom blend, that's the way I see it.

This is the stable thread, that's means general stability and extreme stability, both are included.

+1
Like always the voice of reason.
post #2322 of 10701
Here's another stable Sandy. Sign me up.


post #2323 of 10701
Thread Starter 
Phantom Dave

Added, Nice overclock and welcome to the club

Add your sig, copy and paste
Code:

[CENTER][SIZE="3"][B][THREAD=968053][FONT="Book Antiqua"][:clock:] The Sandy STABLE Club [:clock:][/FONT][/THREAD][/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] 

it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2324 of 10701
Quote:
Originally Posted by munaim1 View Post
Stability is hugely subjective, for example leaving a 20/30 tabs open and playing bfbc2 with fraps will surely drain the available RAM, that for someone could be everday usage.

Taking that into account I find that being able to stay stable for scenerio's like that, decreases your chances of getting any kind of bsod, therefore 'MORE' stability, which might be overkill to some but desirable for plenty of people.

On that note, those that have passed the blend run at 1600mb are stable for how they run their rig, for example, gaming 24/7 bfbc2 with no problems, however, it 'may' not be stable for high ram usage scenerio's which could be unlikely for some as they won't be running fraps and have 20/30 tabs open in the background because that's not how they run their rig.

Once you have done a 12hour+ blend whether it be custom or standard blend, there won't be a need to run it again and im pretty certain that you won't get a bsod that relates to unstability of your overclock.

There will ALWAYS be different opinons about this whole stability issue.

This is JUST the stable club, whether you go for, a standard blend or a custom blend you should be stable for what you use it for, stability is stability for your own use. If standard doesn't work for you, then go ahead and do a custom blend, that's the way I see it.

This is the stable thread, that's means general stability and extreme stability, both are included.

Well spoken However, you could leave a recommendation in OP, where you recommend that people using more then 4GB RAM, like 8GB or 16GB use Custom Blend and type in more RAM. At least give information so they know about it, and that the standard preset only uses 1600MB of RAM.

Edit: I guess you already have this information in the rules of this Club, in a way atleast
Edited by turrican9 - 8/7/11 at 9:38am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2325 of 10701
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican9 View Post
Well spoken However, you could leave a recommendation in OP, where you recommend that people using more then 4GB RAM, like 8GB or 16GB use Custom Blend and type in more RAM. At least give information so they know about it, and that the standard preset only uses 1600MB of RAM.
thanks bud, added to the rules right at the bottom, just below the downloads.



Stability is hugely subjective, for example leaving a 20/30 tabs open and playing bfbc2 with fraps will surely drain the available RAM, that for someone could be everday usage.

Taking that into account I find that being able to stay stable for scenerio's like that, decreases your chances of getting any kind of bsod, therefore 'MORE' stability, which might be overkill to some but desirable for plenty of people.

On that note, those that have passed the blend run at 1600mb are stable for how they run their rig, for example, gaming 24/7 bfbc2 with no problems, however, it 'may' not be stable for high ram usage scenerio's which could be unlikely for some as they won't be running fraps and have 20/30 tabs open in the background because that's not how they run their rig.

Once you have done a 12hour+ blend whether it be custom or standard blend, there won't be a need to run it again and im pretty certain that you won't get a bsod that relates to unstability of your overclock.

There will ALWAYS be different opinons about this whole stability issue.

This is JUST the stable club, whether you go for, a standard blend or a custom blend you should be stable for what you use it for, stability is stability for your own use. If standard doesn't work for you, then go ahead and do a custom blend, that's the way I see it.

This is the stable thread, that's means general stability and extreme stability, both are included, however those with 8gb+ should really want to be using custom blend rather than normal blend (1600mb),
BUT ITS TOTALLY UPTO YOU!!!

it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2326 of 10701
Quote:
Originally Posted by munaim1 View Post
thanks bud, added to the rules right at the bottom, just below the downloads.



Stability is hugely subjective, for example leaving a 20/30 tabs open and playing bfbc2 with fraps will surely drain the available RAM, that for someone could be everday usage.

Taking that into account I find that being able to stay stable for scenerio's like that, decreases your chances of getting any kind of bsod, therefore 'MORE' stability, which might be overkill to some but desirable for plenty of people.

On that note, those that have passed the blend run at 1600mb are stable for how they run their rig, for example, gaming 24/7 bfbc2 with no problems, however, it 'may' not be stable for high ram usage scenerio's which could be unlikely for some as they won't be running fraps and have 20/30 tabs open in the background because that's not how they run their rig.

Once you have done a 12hour+ blend whether it be custom or standard blend, there won't be a need to run it again and im pretty certain that you won't get a bsod that relates to unstability of your overclock.

There will ALWAYS be different opinons about this whole stability issue.

This is JUST the stable club, whether you go for, a standard blend or a custom blend you should be stable for what you use it for, stability is stability for your own use. If standard doesn't work for you, then go ahead and do a custom blend, that's the way I see it.

This is the stable thread, that's means general stability and extreme stability, both are included, however those with 8gb+ should really want to be using custom blend rather than normal blend (1600mb),
BUT ITS TOTALLY UPTO YOU!!!

Nice man
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2327 of 10701
Hello,

finally my rig is stable at 4,8Ghz.

Please sign me up!
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Turion II Neo N40L 2 x 1.5Ghz HP ProLiant MicroServer Board (AMD RS785E/SB820... Onboard AMD HD4200 VGA 128MB 2 x 2GB Unbuffered DDR3 ECC 800MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Kingston SSDNow V+200 SSD 60 GB 4x Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB WD30EZRX RA... Samsung EcoGreen F4 2TB HD204UI (2TB Backup) Windows Server 2012 Datacenter 
Other
LSI 3ware 9650SE-4LPML 4-Port SATA Hardware Rai... 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Turion II Neo N40L 2 x 1.5Ghz HP ProLiant MicroServer Board (AMD RS785E/SB820... Onboard AMD HD4200 VGA 128MB 2 x 2GB Unbuffered DDR3 ECC 800MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Kingston SSDNow V+200 SSD 60 GB 4x Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB WD30EZRX RA... Samsung EcoGreen F4 2TB HD204UI (2TB Backup) Windows Server 2012 Datacenter 
Other
LSI 3ware 9650SE-4LPML 4-Port SATA Hardware Rai... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2328 of 10701
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimex View Post
Hello,

finally my rig is stable at 4,8Ghz.

Please sign me up!
Very nice that you get your ram to 2133!
Good job!
i5 2500K GTX570HD
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4.8GHz 1.384V AsRock P67 Extreme4 (B3) UEFI3.19 EVGA GTX 570HD SC 930/1950 G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 PC12800 2x4GB@1866 9-10-9-28 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 SSD 128GB, 1x 500GB WD, 2x1TB WD Samsung DL DVD Writer Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE Steelseries 6GV2 Rosewill Capstone 650W Corsair 600T White 
MouseMouse Pad
Steelseries Sensei Steelseries Qck Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
i5 2500K GTX570HD
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4.8GHz 1.384V AsRock P67 Extreme4 (B3) UEFI3.19 EVGA GTX 570HD SC 930/1950 G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 PC12800 2x4GB@1866 9-10-9-28 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 SSD 128GB, 1x 500GB WD, 2x1TB WD Samsung DL DVD Writer Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE Steelseries 6GV2 Rosewill Capstone 650W Corsair 600T White 
MouseMouse Pad
Steelseries Sensei Steelseries Qck Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2329 of 10701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunagoblin View Post
Very nice that you get your ram to 2133!
Good job!
Yes, neither the thermal situation nor the overclockability of the CPU does get better when using 1,65V RAM voltage I think.
Edited by slimex - 8/7/11 at 10:39am
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Turion II Neo N40L 2 x 1.5Ghz HP ProLiant MicroServer Board (AMD RS785E/SB820... Onboard AMD HD4200 VGA 128MB 2 x 2GB Unbuffered DDR3 ECC 800MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Kingston SSDNow V+200 SSD 60 GB 4x Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB WD30EZRX RA... Samsung EcoGreen F4 2TB HD204UI (2TB Backup) Windows Server 2012 Datacenter 
Other
LSI 3ware 9650SE-4LPML 4-Port SATA Hardware Rai... 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Turion II Neo N40L 2 x 1.5Ghz HP ProLiant MicroServer Board (AMD RS785E/SB820... Onboard AMD HD4200 VGA 128MB 2 x 2GB Unbuffered DDR3 ECC 800MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Kingston SSDNow V+200 SSD 60 GB 4x Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB WD30EZRX RA... Samsung EcoGreen F4 2TB HD204UI (2TB Backup) Windows Server 2012 Datacenter 
Other
LSI 3ware 9650SE-4LPML 4-Port SATA Hardware Rai... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2330 of 10701
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimex View Post
Hello,

finally my rig is stable at 4,8Ghz.

Please sign me up!
Added, very nice overclock, loving the low voltage and the temps, welcome to the club

Add your sig, copy and paste
Code:

[CENTER][SIZE="3"][B][THREAD=968053][FONT="Book Antiqua"][:clock:] The Sandy STABLE Club [:clock:][/FONT][/THREAD][/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] 

it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
  • [Official] The Sandy Stable Club **Guides, Voltages, Temps & BIOS Templates** Inc SPREADSHEET
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] The Sandy Stable Club **Guides, Voltages, Temps & BIOS Templates** Inc SPREADSHEET