Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] The Sandy Stable Club **Guides, Voltages, Temps & BIOS Templates** Inc SPREADSHEET
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Sandy Stable Club **Guides, Voltages, Temps & BIOS Templates** Inc SPREADSHEET - Page 273

post #2721 of 10699
Here's my validation;

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1955611

Just started my 12 hour blend run.

I take it I'm ok to use my machine for the internet via FireFox while the blend goes on? It won't compromise my results will it?
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 2600k - 5.XGHz @ X.XXv] [ASUS P8P67 Pro B3] [2x MSI 7970s in Crossfire @ 1125/1650] [8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
[2TB Hitachi] [Crucial M4 SSD 64GB] [Antec Kuhler H20 920] [Lian-Li BZ BZ-502B] 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
[G.Skill Turbulence II RAM Cooler] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [2x BenQ XL2410T @ 120Hz] [Razer Lycosa] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
[Corsair AX1200] [Silverstone Raven RV02-EW] [Razer DeathAdder] [Razer Goliathus] 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 2600k - 5.XGHz @ X.XXv] [ASUS P8P67 Pro B3] [2x MSI 7970s in Crossfire @ 1125/1650] [8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
[2TB Hitachi] [Crucial M4 SSD 64GB] [Antec Kuhler H20 920] [Lian-Li BZ BZ-502B] 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
[G.Skill Turbulence II RAM Cooler] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [2x BenQ XL2410T @ 120Hz] [Razer Lycosa] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
[Corsair AX1200] [Silverstone Raven RV02-EW] [Razer DeathAdder] [Razer Goliathus] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2722 of 10699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smo View Post
Here's my validation;

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1955611

Just started my 12 hour blend run.

I take it I'm ok to use my machine for the internet via FireFox while the blend goes on? It won't compromise my results will it?
It shouldn't. I play Team Fortress 2 with Prime95 in the background all the time.
RyzenWorkStation
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700X Asrock X370 Taichi eVGA GTX 1080 Ti 16GB G.SKILL Flare X 
Hard DriveCoolingOSCase
Evo 960 Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 Define R5 
Mouse
SteelSeries Xai Laser 
  hide details  
Reply
RyzenWorkStation
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700X Asrock X370 Taichi eVGA GTX 1080 Ti 16GB G.SKILL Flare X 
Hard DriveCoolingOSCase
Evo 960 Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 Define R5 
Mouse
SteelSeries Xai Laser 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2723 of 10699
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezzarix View Post
It shouldn't. I play Team Fortress 2 with Prime95 in the background all the time.


It wouldn't have occured to me to play a game at the same time, haha.
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 2600k - 5.XGHz @ X.XXv] [ASUS P8P67 Pro B3] [2x MSI 7970s in Crossfire @ 1125/1650] [8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
[2TB Hitachi] [Crucial M4 SSD 64GB] [Antec Kuhler H20 920] [Lian-Li BZ BZ-502B] 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
[G.Skill Turbulence II RAM Cooler] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [2x BenQ XL2410T @ 120Hz] [Razer Lycosa] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
[Corsair AX1200] [Silverstone Raven RV02-EW] [Razer DeathAdder] [Razer Goliathus] 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 2600k - 5.XGHz @ X.XXv] [ASUS P8P67 Pro B3] [2x MSI 7970s in Crossfire @ 1125/1650] [8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
[2TB Hitachi] [Crucial M4 SSD 64GB] [Antec Kuhler H20 920] [Lian-Li BZ BZ-502B] 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
[G.Skill Turbulence II RAM Cooler] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [2x BenQ XL2410T @ 120Hz] [Razer Lycosa] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
[Corsair AX1200] [Silverstone Raven RV02-EW] [Razer DeathAdder] [Razer Goliathus] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2724 of 10699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smo View Post


It wouldn't have occured to me to play a game at the same time, haha.
Prime95 isn't as taxing as IBT. TF2 runs flawlessly.
RyzenWorkStation
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700X Asrock X370 Taichi eVGA GTX 1080 Ti 16GB G.SKILL Flare X 
Hard DriveCoolingOSCase
Evo 960 Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 Define R5 
Mouse
SteelSeries Xai Laser 
  hide details  
Reply
RyzenWorkStation
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700X Asrock X370 Taichi eVGA GTX 1080 Ti 16GB G.SKILL Flare X 
Hard DriveCoolingOSCase
Evo 960 Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 Define R5 
Mouse
SteelSeries Xai Laser 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2725 of 10699
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezzarix View Post
Prime95 isn't as taxing as IBT. TF2 runs flawlessly.
I just assumed that with my CPU at 100% load, trying to run any significant type of program would result in a huge performance decrease.
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 2600k - 5.XGHz @ X.XXv] [ASUS P8P67 Pro B3] [2x MSI 7970s in Crossfire @ 1125/1650] [8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
[2TB Hitachi] [Crucial M4 SSD 64GB] [Antec Kuhler H20 920] [Lian-Li BZ BZ-502B] 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
[G.Skill Turbulence II RAM Cooler] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [2x BenQ XL2410T @ 120Hz] [Razer Lycosa] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
[Corsair AX1200] [Silverstone Raven RV02-EW] [Razer DeathAdder] [Razer Goliathus] 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 2600k - 5.XGHz @ X.XXv] [ASUS P8P67 Pro B3] [2x MSI 7970s in Crossfire @ 1125/1650] [8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
[2TB Hitachi] [Crucial M4 SSD 64GB] [Antec Kuhler H20 920] [Lian-Li BZ BZ-502B] 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
[G.Skill Turbulence II RAM Cooler] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [2x BenQ XL2410T @ 120Hz] [Razer Lycosa] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
[Corsair AX1200] [Silverstone Raven RV02-EW] [Razer DeathAdder] [Razer Goliathus] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2726 of 10699
Thread Starter 
Doing so you add the possibility of it bsod due to external factors and that doesn not mean unstability. I always recommend running prime with no internet connection and as many background processes disabled as you can, sometimes they contribute to bsods, one is windows update, I've had that happen before. Running prime and doing other stuff is not messuring MORE stress, it can interrupt the calculations that prime performs and that could result in a bsod.

Read this:


**If your sandybridge is giving you problems under light load or idle, then try disabling c3/c6, this usually applies to offset users. A handful of users' have reported that even after priming 12hrs+ they have recieved random bsods, this does not really indicate that it's unstable. The error codes are not 100% and are not ALWAYS correct, with that said, stress testing in your main OS is not a good idea. If possible get yourself a spare HDD and load up windows and run all your stress testing on that. The idea of having another HDD is so that when your running your stress testing, background processes are at a minimum and should help indicate the main source of bsods, disabling the internet connection is also a good idea, same with any type of antivirus. Just remember too many bsods in a OS can cause the OS to become unstable ie corrupted file systems etc. With that said, if you pass 12hrs once you should be able to pass again, however, this does not mean go OCD stress testing.

In a situation where you are getting random bsods try the following:
  • Clear CMOS (quick way - take the baterry out), load saved stable overclock, fresh windows install with pretty much nothing installed, no internet connection, nothing just a prime blend run. With minimum processes running and windows services, it would ba clear indication of stability without other 'things' such as a driver error, windows update, internet connection causing bsod.

  • You could try the above or even a BIOS update, I stress that before you update, run stock setttings and then update the BIOS (**Don't update the BIOS on an overclock setting, you could risk bricking the mobo)

  • Try Enabling all power saving features - C1E, EIST C3 and C6.

  • Try running C3 and C6 on AUTO with C1E and EIST Enabled.

  • Many have found that enabling SPREAD SPECTRUM reduces the voltage fluctuation.

  • Try using Manual voltage instead of Offset.

  • Go to control Panel/hardware and sound/power options and select High performance Mode.

  • Take the RAM out of the equation, underclock it if you have to and see whether or not it continues.

  • Try a fresh OS install on a spare HDD or something, remember as explained before, too many bsods in the os = corrupt file system = unstable OS

  • IF you have an SSD Read THIS, it might help solve your problems.



Hopefully some of these TIPS could help you against the dreaded IDLE/RANDOM BSOD and get your CPU stable. I'll add some more TIPS along the way.

it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2727 of 10699
Quote:
Originally Posted by munaim1 View Post
Doing so you add the possibility of it bsod due to external factors and that doesn not mean unstability. I always recommend running prime with no internet connection and as many background processes disabled as you can, sometimes they contribute to bsods, one is windows update, I've had that happen before. Running prime and doing other stuff is not messuring MORE stress, it can interrupt the calculations that prime performs and that could result in a bsod.

Read this:


**If your sandybridge is giving you problems under light load or idle, then try disabling c3/c6, this usually applies to offset users. A handful of users' have reported that even after priming 12hrs+ they have recieved random bsods, this does not really indicate that it's unstable. The error codes are not 100% and are not ALWAYS correct, with that said, stress testing in your main OS is not a good idea. If possible get yourself a spare HDD and load up windows and run all your stress testing on that. The idea of having another HDD is so that when your running your stress testing, background processes are at a minimum and should help indicate the main source of bsods, disabling the internet connection is also a good idea, same with any type of antivirus. Just remember too many bsods in a OS can cause the OS to become unstable ie corrupted file systems etc. With that said, if you pass 12hrs once you should be able to pass again, however, this does not mean go OCD stress testing.

In a situation where you are getting random bsods try the following:
  • Clear CMOS (quick way - take the baterry out), load saved stable overclock, fresh windows install with pretty much nothing installed, no internet connection, nothing just a prime blend run. With minimum processes running and windows services, it would ba clear indication of stability without other 'things' such as a driver error, windows update, internet connection causing bsod.

  • You could try the above or even a BIOS update, I stress that before you update, run stock setttings and then update the BIOS (**Don't update the BIOS on an overclock setting, you could risk bricking the mobo)

  • Try Enabling all power saving features - C1E, EIST C3 and C6.

  • Try running C3 and C6 on AUTO with C1E and EIST Enabled.

  • Many have found that enabling SPREAD SPECTRUM reduces the voltage fluctuation.

  • Try using Manual voltage instead of Offset.

  • Go to control Panel/hardware and sound/power options and select High performance Mode.

  • Take the RAM out of the equation, underclock it if you have to and see whether or not it continues.

  • Try a fresh OS install on a spare HDD or something, remember as explained before, too many bsods in the os = corrupt file system = unstable OS

  • IF you have an SSD Read THIS, it might help solve your problems.



Hopefully some of these TIPS could help you against the dreaded IDLE/RANDOM BSOD and get your CPU stable. I'll add some more TIPS along the way.

That's great - cheers for that.

On that note, I'm logging off for now. I'll pop back on later for a quick check on the forum but then I'm leaving my machine for the rest of the 12 hours to do it's thing.

However, one last question. If for any reason a worker fails, the system freezes or BSODs while I'm asleep - will any harm come to it when left in that state for hours?
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 2600k - 5.XGHz @ X.XXv] [ASUS P8P67 Pro B3] [2x MSI 7970s in Crossfire @ 1125/1650] [8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
[2TB Hitachi] [Crucial M4 SSD 64GB] [Antec Kuhler H20 920] [Lian-Li BZ BZ-502B] 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
[G.Skill Turbulence II RAM Cooler] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [2x BenQ XL2410T @ 120Hz] [Razer Lycosa] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
[Corsair AX1200] [Silverstone Raven RV02-EW] [Razer DeathAdder] [Razer Goliathus] 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 2600k - 5.XGHz @ X.XXv] [ASUS P8P67 Pro B3] [2x MSI 7970s in Crossfire @ 1125/1650] [8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
[2TB Hitachi] [Crucial M4 SSD 64GB] [Antec Kuhler H20 920] [Lian-Li BZ BZ-502B] 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
[G.Skill Turbulence II RAM Cooler] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [2x BenQ XL2410T @ 120Hz] [Razer Lycosa] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
[Corsair AX1200] [Silverstone Raven RV02-EW] [Razer DeathAdder] [Razer Goliathus] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2728 of 10699
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smo View Post
That's great - cheers for that.

On that note, I'm logging off for now. I'll pop back on later for a quick check on the forum but then I'm leaving my machine for the rest of the 12 hours to do it's thing.

However, one last question. If for any reason a worker fails, the system freezes or BSODs while I'm asleep - will any harm come to it when left in that state for hours?
cool same here

it should either restart or stay at the BSOD screen. Either is fine.
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2729 of 10699
Yeah, I'm one of those handful - I passed Prime for 16 hours and crashed after 30 minutes of Firefox (lol), solved it by disabling c3/c6. I also raised LLC from the 2nd lowest setting to the 3rd (middle one). No problems since.

I wonder how many really do have that issue, because I don't really think that many people use the Offset voltage method (and therefore its hard to tell what % do). I would tend to think that anyone who overclocks by undershooting the voltage and bumping slowly until its stable would have this problem, that is if they are using low LLC as well.

At first I thought default was high LLC (for awhile I just left it default) until I realized that my mobo numbers from low to high 5,4,3,2,1... kind of retarded if you ask me, but whatever.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K [24/7: 4.9ghz 1.47v] ASRock P67 Extreme 4 (B3) EVGA Geforce 570 [890/2200 1.1v] G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
WD Caviar Black 1TB HP f2105 1680x1050 Corsair TX750 V2 (backup Antec BP550W) Antec 902 
Mouse
Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K [24/7: 4.9ghz 1.47v] ASRock P67 Extreme 4 (B3) EVGA Geforce 570 [890/2200 1.1v] G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
WD Caviar Black 1TB HP f2105 1680x1050 Corsair TX750 V2 (backup Antec BP550W) Antec 902 
Mouse
Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2730 of 10699
Huh... I just realized that my memory is xmp ready... Are there any benefits to setting it to xmp in the bios? Computer memory is not an area of hardware that I am too familiar with...
RyzenWorkStation
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700X Asrock X370 Taichi eVGA GTX 1080 Ti 16GB G.SKILL Flare X 
Hard DriveCoolingOSCase
Evo 960 Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 Define R5 
Mouse
SteelSeries Xai Laser 
  hide details  
Reply
RyzenWorkStation
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700X Asrock X370 Taichi eVGA GTX 1080 Ti 16GB G.SKILL Flare X 
Hard DriveCoolingOSCase
Evo 960 Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 Define R5 
Mouse
SteelSeries Xai Laser 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
  • [Official] The Sandy Stable Club **Guides, Voltages, Temps & BIOS Templates** Inc SPREADSHEET
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] The Sandy Stable Club **Guides, Voltages, Temps & BIOS Templates** Inc SPREADSHEET