Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] The Sandy Stable Club **Guides, Voltages, Temps & BIOS Templates** Inc SPREADSHEET
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Sandy Stable Club **Guides, Voltages, Temps & BIOS Templates** Inc SPREADSHEET - Page 528

post #5271 of 10702
This BSOD 124 is giving me a headache

Mun please give me some settings i should try, i have read the 124 thread.

Trying to get a stable 5.0GHz OC.

im using 4.8GHz @ 1.415v
post #5272 of 10702
Thread Starter 
I found the best time to tweak those votlages is when I worker fails or you get a bsod 124 and nearing stability.

I'm currently doing the same for my new chip, it's crap compared to my old one but atleast it does 5ghz even though it takes 1.44v to get there.

Using Custom Prime blend 1344 first, here's my PLL and VCCIO testing method:

Offset 0.090+ 1.424 LOAD

PLL Auto (1.806v)
VCCIO Auto (1.058-1.072) - 1min 10s Prime froze.


Now lets see what the PLL voltage and VCCIO can do:

First PLL:
1.50000v - 44sec BSOD 124
1.50625v - 49sec Worker failed
1.51250v - 46sec Worker failed


Offset 0.095+ 1.432 LOAD
Back to PLL:
1.52500v - 45sec BSOD 124
1.53125v - 41sec Worker failed
1.53750v - 1min 02sec BSOD 124
1.54375v - 47sec BSOD 124
1.55000v - 53sec Prime froze then BSOD 9C
1.55620v - 1min 02sec BSOD 124
1.56250v - 58sec Worker failed
1.56875v - 47sec BSOD 124

Offset 0.100+ 1.440 LOAD
Again continuing with PLL:
1.56875v - 1min 17sec BSOD 124
1.57500v - 55sec BSOD 124
1.58125v - 50sec Worker Failed
1.58750v - 12min 39sec BSOD 101
1.59375v - 1min 02sec Worker Failed
1.60000v - 9min 52sec Worker Failed
1.60625v - 53sec Worker Failed

That's where I'm currently at but as you can see, even after I increased the vcore few times it wasn't making a difference but with the right PLL prime does last a lot longer compared to the other values. I managed to get over 10mins with 1.58750v where nearly all of them where below a minute. I might just keep it there and mess around with the vccio.

I think I'll update this as I go along. Hopefully I get this chip stable at 5ghz with less than 1.45v.


McLaren_F1

Unfortunatly you're going to have to do the same as the above and continue with it until you see a difference.
Edited by munaim1 - 11/4/11 at 1:31pm
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5273 of 10702
I am relatively new to overclocking, and when i have been running PRime95, I have only ever been getting around 50% Load or CPU usage on Real Temp when running a blend test, even when i use a custom test it will still only sit at 50% load.

I'm at 4.8GHz at 1.45V at the moment, using a NH-D14 for cooling with 8gig of ram at 1600mhz.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
post #5274 of 10702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laecs View Post
I am relatively new to overclocking, and when i have been running PRime95, I have only ever been getting around 50% Load or CPU usage on Real Temp when running a blend test, even when i use a custom test it will still only sit at 50% load.

I'm at 4.8GHz at 1.45V at the moment, using a NH-D14 for cooling with 8gig of ram at 1600mhz.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Laces,

Welcome!

I was just able to duplicate what you're seeing. When you start Prime 95, are you just letting it run from that point?

If so, try this.

- Go to the Test top menu bar option, then press Stop.
- Then go to the Options menu bar option, then select Torture Test
- Then press the OK button


... What happens?

~Altstadt
MadCajun 12
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K @ 5.0 1.4v Asus P8Z68 Deluxe EVGA GTX 580 3GB 16GB Mushkin @7-9-8-24 1T @ 1600 (997006) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial C300 128GB SSD | 2-WD 600GB VRaptors Plextor Blue-Ray/RW and DVD/RW Silver Arrow w/3 TY-140's Win 7 Pro 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Saitek Cyborg V5 Corsair AX1200 Antec Twelve Hundred 
MouseMouse PadAudio
RAZER DeathAdder Steelseries 4HD Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
MadCajun 12
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K @ 5.0 1.4v Asus P8Z68 Deluxe EVGA GTX 580 3GB 16GB Mushkin @7-9-8-24 1T @ 1600 (997006) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial C300 128GB SSD | 2-WD 600GB VRaptors Plextor Blue-Ray/RW and DVD/RW Silver Arrow w/3 TY-140's Win 7 Pro 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Saitek Cyborg V5 Corsair AX1200 Antec Twelve Hundred 
MouseMouse PadAudio
RAZER DeathAdder Steelseries 4HD Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5275 of 10702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altstadt View Post
Laces,

Welcome!

I was just able to duplicate what you're seeing. When you start Prime 95, are you just letting it run from that point?

If so, try this.

- Go to the Test top menu bar option, then press Stop.
- Then go to the Options menu bar option, then select Torture Test
- Then press the OK button


... What happens?

~Altstadt
Wow, that you very much, this fixed it, now i feel like a huge idiot hah , good to know, i'll try do that now.

I was just letting it run from starting it up, thank you .

See how that goes now... Also where it says " number of tortue tests test thread to run " should i leave it as 8 or change it to 4?
post #5276 of 10702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laecs View Post
Wow, that you very much, this fixed it, now i feel like a huge idiot hah , good to know, i'll try do that now.

I was just letting it run from starting it up, thank you .

See how that goes now... Also where it says " number of tortue tests test thread to run " should i leave it as 8 or change it to 4?
No problem, the way it starts has always bothered me.

When using the Blend option, I just leave it at 8.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

~Altstadt
MadCajun 12
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K @ 5.0 1.4v Asus P8Z68 Deluxe EVGA GTX 580 3GB 16GB Mushkin @7-9-8-24 1T @ 1600 (997006) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial C300 128GB SSD | 2-WD 600GB VRaptors Plextor Blue-Ray/RW and DVD/RW Silver Arrow w/3 TY-140's Win 7 Pro 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Saitek Cyborg V5 Corsair AX1200 Antec Twelve Hundred 
MouseMouse PadAudio
RAZER DeathAdder Steelseries 4HD Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
MadCajun 12
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K @ 5.0 1.4v Asus P8Z68 Deluxe EVGA GTX 580 3GB 16GB Mushkin @7-9-8-24 1T @ 1600 (997006) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial C300 128GB SSD | 2-WD 600GB VRaptors Plextor Blue-Ray/RW and DVD/RW Silver Arrow w/3 TY-140's Win 7 Pro 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Saitek Cyborg V5 Corsair AX1200 Antec Twelve Hundred 
MouseMouse PadAudio
RAZER DeathAdder Steelseries 4HD Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5277 of 10702
So I figured something wasnt right with my first attempt based off everyone else's results so I decided to reset the bios and start over. After reading and re-reading the SB OC guides I think I got it this time. Here are my new results. Im VERY happy with this and will not being going any higher. Thanks to everyone on this thread for getting me to this point. Mods can you please update my submission, thanks.

My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770 @ 4.3 P8Z77-I DELUXE/WD EVGA 970 SSC G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 128GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB Cooler Master Nepton 240M Win 10 Acer GN246HL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 P2 Bitfenix Prodigy EC Technologies 4000dpi 
Mouse PadAudio
XTRAC PADS Ripper ODAC -> O2 -> 650HD 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770 @ 4.3 P8Z77-I DELUXE/WD EVGA 970 SSC G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 128GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB Cooler Master Nepton 240M Win 10 Acer GN246HL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 P2 Bitfenix Prodigy EC Technologies 4000dpi 
Mouse PadAudio
XTRAC PADS Ripper ODAC -> O2 -> 650HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5278 of 10702
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren_F1 View Post
So which is better, Malay or Costa Rica batch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by munaim1 View Post
I found the best time to tweak those votlages is when I worker fails or you get a bsod 124 and nearing stability.

I'm currently doing the same for my new chip, it's crap compared to my old one but atleast it does 5ghz even though it takes 1.44v to get there.

Using Custom Prime blend 1344 first, here's my PLL and VCCIO testing method:

Offset 0.090+ 1.424 LOAD

PLL Auto (1.806v)
VCCIO Auto (1.058-1.072) - 1min 10s Prime froze.


Now lets see what the PLL voltage and VCCIO can do:

First PLL:
1.50000v - 44sec BSOD 124
1.50625v - 49sec Worker failed
1.51250v - 46sec Worker failed


Offset 0.095+ 1.432 LOAD
Back to PLL:
1.52500v - 45sec BSOD 124
1.53125v - 41sec Worker failed
1.53750v - 1min 02sec BSOD 124
1.54375v - 47sec BSOD 124
1.55000v - 53sec Prime froze then BSOD 9C
1.55620v - 1min 02sec BSOD 124
1.56250v - 58sec Worker failed
1.56875v - 47sec BSOD 124

Offset 0.100+ 1.440 LOAD
Again continuing with PLL:
1.56875v - 1min 17sec BSOD 124
1.57500v - 55sec BSOD 124
1.58125v - 50sec Worker Failed
1.58750v - 12min 39sec BSOD 101
1.59375v - 1min 02sec Worker Failed
1.60000v - 9min 52sec Worker Failed
1.60625v - 53sec Worker Failed

That's where I'm currently at but as you can see, even after I increased the vcore few times it wasn't making a difference but with the right PLL prime does last a lot longer compared to the other values. I managed to get over 10mins with 1.58750v where nearly all of them where below a minute. I might just keep it there and mess around with the vccio.

I think I'll update this as I go along. Hopefully I get this chip stable at 5ghz with less than 1.45v.
Why weren't you playing with VCCIO?
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 2x8GB G.Skill Trident X (F3-2400C10D-16GTX) @ 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB CPU: Swiftech H220-X Windows 10 x64 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DG Ducky Shine 3 DK9008 MX Brown and Red LED Seasonic P-760 SS-760XP2 Cooler Master HAF 922 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Roccat Savu Steelseries QCK Mass Edifier HCS2330 2.1 Speaker System (using Onboa... HyperX Cloud Revolver Gaming Headset 
Other
APC BR1500GI UPS 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 2x8GB G.Skill Trident X (F3-2400C10D-16GTX) @ 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB CPU: Swiftech H220-X Windows 10 x64 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DG Ducky Shine 3 DK9008 MX Brown and Red LED Seasonic P-760 SS-760XP2 Cooler Master HAF 922 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Roccat Savu Steelseries QCK Mass Edifier HCS2330 2.1 Speaker System (using Onboa... HyperX Cloud Revolver Gaming Headset 
Other
APC BR1500GI UPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5279 of 10702
Thread Starter 
pelayostyle

I'll add you later on, thank you for your patience.




Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
So which is better, Malay or Costa Rica batch?
Doesn't really matter wher it's from or the batch number, it's the luck of the draw.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
Why weren't you playing with VCCIO?
I know you're all curious about everything and stuff but you should really read something thoroughly before you ask a question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by munaim1 View Post
That's where I'm currently at but as you can see, even after I increased the vcore few times it wasn't making a difference but with the right PLL prime does last a lot longer compared to the other values. I managed to get over 10mins with 1.58750v where nearly all of them where below a minute. I might just keep it there and mess around with the vccio.

I think I'll update this as I go along. Hopefully I get this chip stable at 5ghz with less than 1.45v.
Combine the above test with all the info available in the OP regarding PLL and VCCIO and you'll find your answer.

Come on bud, you have nearly 3k posts and SB has been around for quite some time, it helps to do some reading and reaserching of your own and finding thing's out for youself and even trying them out aswell. There's no use in asking question after question when the info is already aviailable at hand.
Edited by munaim1 - 11/4/11 at 10:25pm
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5280 of 10702
Quote:
Originally Posted by munaim1 View Post
I know you're all curious about everything and stuff but you should really read something thoroughly before you ask a question.



Combine the above test with all the info available in the OP regarding PLL and VCCIO and you'll find your answer.

Come on bud, you have nearly 3k posts and SB has been around for quite some time, it helps to do some reading and reaserching of your own and finding thing's out for youself and even trying them out aswell. There's no use in asking question after question when the info is already aviailable at hand.
Sorry about that munaim1, this is all getting mixed up in my mind that's why I was asking. Again, sorry for being a PITA.
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 2x8GB G.Skill Trident X (F3-2400C10D-16GTX) @ 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB CPU: Swiftech H220-X Windows 10 x64 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DG Ducky Shine 3 DK9008 MX Brown and Red LED Seasonic P-760 SS-760XP2 Cooler Master HAF 922 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Roccat Savu Steelseries QCK Mass Edifier HCS2330 2.1 Speaker System (using Onboa... HyperX Cloud Revolver Gaming Headset 
Other
APC BR1500GI UPS 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 2x8GB G.Skill Trident X (F3-2400C10D-16GTX) @ 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB CPU: Swiftech H220-X Windows 10 x64 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DG Ducky Shine 3 DK9008 MX Brown and Red LED Seasonic P-760 SS-760XP2 Cooler Master HAF 922 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Roccat Savu Steelseries QCK Mass Edifier HCS2330 2.1 Speaker System (using Onboa... HyperX Cloud Revolver Gaming Headset 
Other
APC BR1500GI UPS 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
  • [Official] The Sandy Stable Club **Guides, Voltages, Temps & BIOS Templates** Inc SPREADSHEET
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [Official] The Sandy Stable Club **Guides, Voltages, Temps & BIOS Templates** Inc SPREADSHEET