Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › AMD Radeon 6990 Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMD Radeon 6990 Club - Page 374

post #3731 of 4103
http://www.ebay.com/itm/220920508682?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Just got this, so I will be joining the club soon!
My latest Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 AsRock X370 TaiChi EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0 G.Skill 32MB 3200mhz DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung EVO 500GB SSD Samsung EVO Pro 512MB M2 Drive XSPC Raystorm Pro AlphaCool ST30 360 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair SP120 x6 push/pull Windows 10 Acer Predator X34 Corsair K70 RGB 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200 Inwin 909 Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Corsair MM300 
  hide details  
Reply
My latest Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 AsRock X370 TaiChi EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0 G.Skill 32MB 3200mhz DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung EVO 500GB SSD Samsung EVO Pro 512MB M2 Drive XSPC Raystorm Pro AlphaCool ST30 360 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair SP120 x6 push/pull Windows 10 Acer Predator X34 Corsair K70 RGB 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200 Inwin 909 Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Corsair MM300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3732 of 4103
Hi!!.

I have problems to OC'ing my Powercolor 6990 frown.gif. I switch BIOS 2 (Ausum bios), disable ULPS from windows registry, and etc...When I open the msi afterburner and apply the new voltage, then open Furmark (to check for stability), but not appears to me reflected the applied voltage, there is 1.175 (the voltage which gives the AUSUM BIOS). It is impossible to make stable 950 MHz core and 1375 memory: (

I changed the parameter "Enable Overclocking Unofficial EULA" and "Enable Overclocking Unofficial" in config.cfg Afterburner, but afterburner not applied voltages, FURMARK say the voltage is 1.175 frown.gif

I have catalyst 11.12 BETA December 18.

Sorrry my poor english, Im use Google traductor, IM wait yours understand me frown.gif.

Bye and thanks!
Edited by grifers - 12/29/11 at 7:14pm
AMD Beast
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 8700k@5 Ghz ASUS Z370-E Gaming Sapphire RX Vega 64 16 GB DDR4 2800Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2 x SSD Corsair Force GT 120 GB RAID 0 4 X Seagate 7200.12 2TB RAID 0 Corsair H80I+ 2 NIDEC 1850 RPM Windows 10 PRO 64 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
Msi Optix G27C2 (Curved VA 144HZ 1ms Quantum Dot) Corsair TX950 Silverstone Raven 03 Ozone Strato EVO 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD Beast
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 8700k@5 Ghz ASUS Z370-E Gaming Sapphire RX Vega 64 16 GB DDR4 2800Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2 x SSD Corsair Force GT 120 GB RAID 0 4 X Seagate 7200.12 2TB RAID 0 Corsair H80I+ 2 NIDEC 1850 RPM Windows 10 PRO 64 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
Msi Optix G27C2 (Curved VA 144HZ 1ms Quantum Dot) Corsair TX950 Silverstone Raven 03 Ozone Strato EVO 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3733 of 4103
450

add me. lol finally got it installed.
post #3734 of 4103
100_2893.jpg
100_2881.jpg
100_2896.jpg
100_2901.jpg
100_2900.jpg
post #3735 of 4103
I recently purchased an XFX AMD 6990, and I have currently downloaded the 11.11c drivers with the 11.11 CAP 3 application. I attempted to use the 12.1 preview drivers, but was having issues saving my overclock settings in CCC. When using Heaven Benchmark 2.5 (full screen), my frame rates and scores are as low as they would be if only using a single GPU setup. It appears my second GPU is not being used at all. Conversely, when playing Battlefield 3 (1080p, ultra settings), my frame rates would never dip below 55 fps, and would get as high as 130 fps, suggesting that the second GPU was being utilized.
Both GPUs seem to be working when I'm gaming, but don't work when using the Heaven Benchmark. Anyone have any ideas? Here is my PC build:

Intel i5 2500K (OC to 4.8 GHz)
XFX Radeon 6990 (OC to 940/1375)
Biostar TZ68A+ Mobo
GSkill Ripjaw 8GB DDR3 (1600)
Silverstone Strider Gold (80 Plus Gold) 850W
post #3736 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJoeGrizzly View Post

I recently purchased an XFX AMD 6990, and I have currently downloaded the 11.11c drivers with the 11.11 CAP 3 application. I attempted to use the 12.1 preview drivers, but was having issues saving my overclock settings in CCC. When using Heaven Benchmark 2.5 (full screen), my frame rates and scores are as low as they would be if only using a single GPU setup. It appears my second GPU is not being used at all. Conversely, when playing Battlefield 3 (1080p, ultra settings), my frame rates would never dip below 55 fps, and would get as high as 130 fps, suggesting that the second GPU was being utilized.
Both GPUs seem to be working when I'm gaming, but don't work when using the Heaven Benchmark. Anyone have any ideas? Here is my PC build:
Intel i5 2500K (OC to 4.8 GHz)
XFX Radeon 6990 (OC to 940/1375)
Biostar TZ68A+ Mobo
GSkill Ripjaw 8GB DDR3 (1600)
Silverstone Strider Gold (80 Plus Gold) 850W

Ive never had problems with Heaven on my 6990 or 6990+6970. The only thing I can think of is make sure it's running fullscreen or it won't use both core's.
post #3737 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiLuckyB View Post

Ive never had problems with Heaven on my 6990 or 6990+6970. The only thing I can think of is make sure it's running fullscreen or it won't use both core's.

I make sure to have fullscreen selected, but for some reason it still won't utilize both GPUs. There was only one time, the moment after I finished playing Battlefield 3, where I went into Heaven and got it to utilize both. Ever since that moment, nada. I tried to use the 12.1 preview drivers, but as I said before CCC wouldn't allow me to apply settings (the window would do a quick flash, then revert some of my settings after hitting the "apply" button). I'm currently using the 11.11c driver with 11.11 CAP 3, which appears to be the most stable recent drivers. When opening GPU-Z, it shows that both GPUs are enabled, and CCC shows both as active (the 2nd GPU is considered the active linked device). I've already done a clean install of Windows 7, and made sure all previous drivers were uninstalled. This was the only XFX 6990 remaining from Amazon, so I won't be able to get a new one from them. I don't really want to go through the RMA process, since there's no telling when I'll actually be able to get my replacement. Anyone have any ideas?
post #3738 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJoeGrizzly View Post

I make sure to have fullscreen selected, but for some reason it still won't utilize both GPUs. There was only one time, the moment after I finished playing Battlefield 3, where I went into Heaven and got it to utilize both. Ever since that moment, nada. I tried to use the 12.1 preview drivers, but as I said before CCC wouldn't allow me to apply settings (the window would do a quick flash, then revert some of my settings after hitting the "apply" button). I'm currently using the 11.11c driver with 11.11 CAP 3, which appears to be the most stable recent drivers. When opening GPU-Z, it shows that both GPUs are enabled, and CCC shows both as active (the 2nd GPU is considered the active linked device). I've already done a clean install of Windows 7, and made sure all previous drivers were uninstalled. This was the only XFX 6990 remaining from Amazon, so I won't be able to get a new one from them. I don't really want to go through the RMA process, since there's no telling when I'll actually be able to get my replacement. Anyone have any ideas?

I don't think theres anything wrong with your 6990. You can download MSI Afterburner http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=354551 So you can have on screen GPU usage.

I had problems with 12.1 untill I redid windows 7 for my ssd, And now 12.1 works fine. It seems to be hit and miss for everyone.

When I used 11.11c it worked just fine for me. You could always try 11.12 with 11.12 CAP 1 and see if it works with that http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx
post #3739 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiLuckyB View Post

I don't think theres anything wrong with your 6990. You can download MSI Afterburner http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=354551 So you can have on screen GPU usage.
I had problems with 12.1 untill I redid windows 7 for my ssd, And now 12.1 works fine. It seems to be hit and miss for everyone.
When I used 11.11c it worked just fine for me. You could always try 11.12 with 11.12 CAP 1 and see if it works with that http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx

Spoke with XFX technical support, and they suggested that the Heaven Benchmark may not be stressing my card enough to force it to utilize the second GPU. I don't understand how that could be, since I run the benchmark maxed out in 1080p, and I've seen plenty of people posting their benchmark numbers and fully utilizing multiple GPU setups. It is really ticking me off that you spend all this money on supposedly the best card on the market today, and you can't even get it to function properly. I'm starting to regret moving from Nvidia...
post #3740 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJoeGrizzly View Post

Spoke with XFX technical support, and they suggested that the Heaven Benchmark may not be stressing my card enough to force it to utilize the second GPU. I don't understand how that could be, since I run the benchmark maxed out in 1080p, and I've seen plenty of people posting their benchmark numbers and fully utilizing multiple GPU setups. It is really ticking me off that you spend all this money on supposedly the best card on the market today, and you can't even get it to function properly. I'm starting to regret moving from Nvidia...

I don't buy that at all, It run's my 6990+6970 at 99% on all 3 @1080p. I would try a reinstall of the drivers but when you do go to custom install and install everything. Ive had bad luck with using the other option. With Nvidia paying for all of these benchmarks they don't all work great with AMD cards mad.gif But I really don't have that many problems with any of them lately.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › AMD Radeon 6990 Club