Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › AMD Radeon 6990 Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMD Radeon 6990 Club - Page 44

post #431 of 4103
Thanks for the ideas so far guys, the reason i was going for the 5760x1080 resolution setup and one video card added at a time is because i'm spending alot of the money i am budgeting on the PC (for now) on the specs i listed on the last page, buying one 1920x1080 monitor at a time as i get the extra money was my cunning plan to solve my craving for a nice new PC in stages.

As for the main components i'm just waiting to see if someone mentions if a i5-2600k is fine for two 6990's as the end goal or if i really need to push for a i7 and ofcourse if two 6990's will fit in that case!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiLuckyB View Post
You don't need monitors with Mini-DisplayPorts, The 6990 comes with adapters for using 3 dvi monitors
That certainly broadens the amount of monitors that i could use! any recomendations on a thin bezel 1080p monitor?
Edited by Terrace - 4/1/11 at 2:17pm
Old System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 3ghz Dual Core Asus P5Q Pro ATI stock 4850 512mb 4gb DDR2 800mhz XMS2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250gb sata 3.gb/s 20x dvdrw sata lightscribe Windows 7 64bit proffesional 19" widescreen HANNspree 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Time PC keyboard 750w thermaltake toughpower Coolermaster Cavalier 3 Razer Naga 
Mouse Pad
The National Trust 
  hide details  
Reply
Old System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 3ghz Dual Core Asus P5Q Pro ATI stock 4850 512mb 4gb DDR2 800mhz XMS2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250gb sata 3.gb/s 20x dvdrw sata lightscribe Windows 7 64bit proffesional 19" widescreen HANNspree 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Time PC keyboard 750w thermaltake toughpower Coolermaster Cavalier 3 Razer Naga 
Mouse Pad
The National Trust 
  hide details  
Reply
post #432 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrace View Post
Thanks for the ideas so far guys, the reason i was going for the 5760x1080 resolution setup and one video card added at a time is because i'm spending alot of the money i am budgeting on the PC (for now) on the specs i listed on the last page, buying one 1920x1080 monitor at a time as i get the extra money was my cunning plan to solve my craving for a nice new PC in stages.

As for the main components i'm just waiting to see if someone mentions if a i5-2600k is fine for two 6990's as the end goal or if i really need to push for a i7 and ofcourse if two 6990's will fit in that case!



That certainly broadens the amount of monitors that i could use! any recomendations on a thin bezel 1080p monitor?
You are going to have to overclock the cpu no matter what you get. A i5-2500K at 4.5ghz should get the job done
post #433 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrace View Post
That certainly broadens the amount of monitors that i could use! any recomendations on a thin bezel 1080p monitor?
I can't help with that. My bezels are big, But it doesn't bug me that much
post #434 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubamp View Post
-I didn't say they were cheap, I included the price in my post. (fact)
-Glossy screens provide blacker blacks, greater contrast. (fact)
-Third point is an opinion and using a subjective opinion like (beats it by far) doesn't help answer the question.

He wanted to know which monitors would have mini displayports, so I offered my suggestions on the Apple LED because... I ACTUALLY HAVE THEM! I also cannot comment on the older ones because mine are the new ones (there were no old 27" LED CINEMA DISPLAYS) it is a new product.

Once again, just my


************************************************** ***

In other exciting news, I just received my full coverage KOOLANCE waterblock for the 6990! I dont know what the hell I'm doing though, as it doesnt include good instructions for a noob like myself and I've never installed a full coverage card before. I've posted about it here... http://www.overclock.net/ati/980189-...l#post12962636
</TROLLMODE> Reversing your argument "I ACTUALLY HAVE THEM" which monitors from DELL have you previously owned?<TROLLMODE>

P.S. I have 3 DELL 2209WA and I like then very much it`s a different product and exactly by that you can`t generalize.
Temp Derp
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K MSI Mpower Z77 7970 Reference G.Skill RipjawsZ 4x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 4 Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 Apogee HD XSPC RX360 V2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EKFC-7970NA Swiftech D5 XSPC Dual Bay D5 Reservoir Windows 8.1 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Overlord Tempest X270OC (@114Hz) Dell U2412m Ducky DK-9008 Corsair TX950 V1 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master CM290 Logitech G600 - Razer Naga Epic Steelseries 9HD Asus Essence STX 
Audio
Denon AH-D2000 
  hide details  
Reply
Temp Derp
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K MSI Mpower Z77 7970 Reference G.Skill RipjawsZ 4x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 4 Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 Apogee HD XSPC RX360 V2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EKFC-7970NA Swiftech D5 XSPC Dual Bay D5 Reservoir Windows 8.1 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Overlord Tempest X270OC (@114Hz) Dell U2412m Ducky DK-9008 Corsair TX950 V1 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master CM290 Logitech G600 - Razer Naga Epic Steelseries 9HD Asus Essence STX 
Audio
Denon AH-D2000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #435 of 4103
do you have anything constructive to add to the 6990 owners club? if not i suggest you take your opinions elsewhere. lets not let this silly argument take up a couple pages of threads.

====================================

back on topic, i have managed to get the stock fancase off of the 6990 and am now working on getting the koolance block on. will report back soon!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.6GHz (1.35v) Asus P8P67 Sapphire Radeon HD 6990 4Gb DDR5 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 2x4GB 1600 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 128GB SSD/2 Seagate 500GB RAID0 Asus 24x DVD-RW Win7 64bit (2x) Apple 27" LED Cinema Displays 
PowerCase
Corsair HX 850 CoolerMaster HAF X 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.6GHz (1.35v) Asus P8P67 Sapphire Radeon HD 6990 4Gb DDR5 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 2x4GB 1600 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 128GB SSD/2 Seagate 500GB RAID0 Asus 24x DVD-RW Win7 64bit (2x) Apple 27" LED Cinema Displays 
PowerCase
Corsair HX 850 CoolerMaster HAF X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #436 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by thealex132 View Post
3 way 580 sli will be better than 4 crossfire 6990's
due to terrible scaling in quadfire/quadsli
anything after triple gets really bad, heck even triple is pretty bad scaling
You can't 4 way Crossfire 6990s, only two 6990s in Crossfire (4 GPUs). For comparison, it would be 3 way SLI 580s vs one 6990 + 6970 (3 GPUs total for each brand). The only difference is that you only need two PCIe slots for 3 way ATI setup, while you need 3 slots for Nvidia.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Processor Z270X-Gaming 9 MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SEA HAWK EK X G.Skill Trident 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung EVO 960  Samsung EVO 950 Windows 10 Pro Corsair AX-1200 
Case
CaseLabs M8 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 860 P7P55D-E PRO AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
G. G. Kingston 120Gb SSD Seagate SATA Barracuda 160GB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
TSH663B DVD burner EK Supreme HF XSPC RC360 XSPC DDC Reservoir 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EK-FC6990 - EN (Nickel) Windows 10 64bit Pro Gateway FHX2300 Logitech MK320 Wireless Desktop Keyboard  
PowerCaseMouseAudio
PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad Cooler Master HAF 932 Logitech MK320 Wireless Desktop Mouse  Creative 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Processor Z270X-Gaming 9 MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SEA HAWK EK X G.Skill Trident 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung EVO 960  Samsung EVO 950 Windows 10 Pro Corsair AX-1200 
Case
CaseLabs M8 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 860 P7P55D-E PRO AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
G. G. Kingston 120Gb SSD Seagate SATA Barracuda 160GB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
TSH663B DVD burner EK Supreme HF XSPC RC360 XSPC DDC Reservoir 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EK-FC6990 - EN (Nickel) Windows 10 64bit Pro Gateway FHX2300 Logitech MK320 Wireless Desktop Keyboard  
PowerCaseMouseAudio
PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad Cooler Master HAF 932 Logitech MK320 Wireless Desktop Mouse  Creative 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #437 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezveedub View Post
You can't 4 way Crossfire 6990s, only two 6990s in Crossfire (4 GPUs). For comparison, it would be 3 way SLI 580s vs one 6990 + 6970 (3 GPUs total for each brand). The only difference is that you only need two PCIe slots for 3 way ATI setup, while you need 3 slots for Nvidia.
2 6990's is 4 way Crossfire , Because of the 2 gpu's on each card.

Edit: Nevermined I see he put 4 6990
post #438 of 4103
Im in - visiontek
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
Reply
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #439 of 4103
Quote:
back on topic, i have managed to get the stock fancase off of the 6990 and am now working on getting the koolance block on. will report back soon!
I am having the same issue. Absolutely no documentation with this waterblock. I just got all my parts finally so I am gonna start doing some backing up of the system now. Keep us updated or PM me if you have any tips man! Would sincerely appreciate it!
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600K @ 4.6ghz Asus P8P67 Pro EVGA 670 4GB SLI 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
SSDs For Days Windows 8 LG 34 Ultra Wide (3440x1440) Corsair 850W 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600K @ 4.6ghz Asus P8P67 Pro EVGA 670 4GB SLI 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
SSDs For Days Windows 8 LG 34 Ultra Wide (3440x1440) Corsair 850W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #440 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28 View Post
Im in - visiontek
Pics or it diden't happen
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › AMD Radeon 6990 Club