Overclock.net banner

AMD Radeon 6990 Club

402K views 4K replies 367 participants last post by  Gold Leader 
#1 ·
AMD RADEON 6990 OWNER'S CLUB

radeon6990banner.jpg

I think it's about time to start a thread for the elite...the extravagant...the sheer overkill...or perhaps just for the "mine is bigger than yours" factor of the AMD Radeon 6990.

Just post a picture of your card/build/receipt/etc...some proof that you own the card. And as you benchmark/test post your results!

OCN Staff Note: The ownership of this thread was changed from to Levesque on 6/16/2011, due to inattentiveness by the thread's OP.

MEMBERS

1.scubamp (Sappire)
2.Nexus6 (Sapphire + Powercolor Quad-Fire)
3.Levesque (XFX)
4.newpc (Sapphire)
5.drufause (MSi)
6.Intangible (Sapphire)
7.shamslapchopwow (DiAMOND)
8.psi_guy (Sapphire)
9.GruntSoldier (Sapphire)
10.ezveedub (HIS + MSi Quad-Fire)
11.Gawdz (Sapphire)
12.ArcticZero (PowerColor)
13.xartion (XFX)
14.HiLuckyB (XFX)
15.cq84000 (Sapphire X2 Quad-Fire)
16.derickwm (MSi)
17.broken_pixel (XFX)
18.LookOut (HIS X2 Quad-Fire)
19.AMGC (XFX)
20.fshizl (MSi])
21.]\/[EGADET] (XFX + HIS Quad-Fire)
22.ttoadd.nz (Sapphire)
23.pujo (PowerColor)
24.jonnyquest (XFX)
25.JMCB (Visiontek)
26.paulharrison123
27.4sunn24
28.7ranslucen7
29.ElGreco (Asus)
30.jummies (XFX)
31.newpc (Sapphire)
32.somedude168
33.pujo (Powercolor)
34.ArcticZero (Powercolor)
35.p1mp1s (XFX X2 Quad-Fire)
36.MusicalPulse (XFX)
37.speedplz (Asus)
38.Zcypot (MSI)
39.allzcheque
40.thrgk (Sapphire)
41.Mike-Bell (Sapphire)
42.Huckleberry
43.scotty86 (Gigabyte)
44.xAlex79 (Sapphire)
45.r0obin (Sapphire)
46.thefoofighter (XFX)
47.tlxxxsracer (Powercolor)
48.youra6 (Powercolor)
49.BDW88 (XFX)
50.BodgeITandRun
51.deafmetal (Powercolor)
52.ShooterFX (Club3d)
53.tagurtoast (HIS)
54.Shane 90
55.autoprimephilippines (Powercolor)
56.andygoyap (MSI)
57.LucasBR (XFX)
58.Khalam (XFX X2 Quad-Fire)
59.Paratrooper1n0 (Sapphire)
60.personz (Sapphire)
61.Crashman503 (Sapphire)
62.yamato57 (MSI X2 Quad-Fire)
63.inzajt
64.MACH1NE (Powercolor)
65.Ken1649 (Quad-Fire)
66.tokoam (Sapphire)
67.Whiplash450 (Asus X2 Quad-Fire)
68.Darkstar757?
69.USMCBlade85 (Powercolor)
70.XXXfire (X2 Quad-Fire)
71.Milfstick (X2 Quad-Fire)
72.trippinonprozac (HIS)
73.ATROXiUM (Powercolor)
74.Santana-dk (Club3d)
75.xGTx (XFX + Powercolor Quad-Fire)
76.forserum @live.se (XFX)
77.Aaranu (Powercolor)
78.ohms (Powercolor)
79.Peer (XFX)
80.Random Sheep
81.amputate (Sapphire)
82.KidKB (MSI)
83.Mopiko Laila (Asus X2 Quad-Fire)
84.FrostyGPU (XFX + Powercolor Quad-Fire)
85.Dan816 (XFX)
86.chinmi (Club 3D)
87.daCuJo (Sapphire)
88.RED5 (XFX)
89.CallsignVega (Quad-Fire)
90.sate200 (XFX X2 Quad-Fire )
91.UsedPaperclip (Sapphire)
92.Duknov007 (Visiontek)
93.deviot (XFX)
94.Hoodz (HIS X2 Quad-Fire)
95.AoHxBram (Club3D)
96.Zak.V (Powercolor X2 Quad-Fire)
97.dvs raider (Powercolor X2 Quad-Fire)
98.kaaoslove (MSI)
99.Qu1ckset (XFX)
100.Duffbeer84 (Sapphire X2 Quad-Fire)

Some useful links:

How to flash the 6990 BIOS (be careful, I'm not responsible if you screw-up!):

http://www.overclock.net/13034600-post601.html

How to raise GPU and Memory clocks in CCC overdrive (great BAGZZlash RacerX registry mod):

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141858

Who's making waterblocks for the 6990?

http://www.overclock.net/amd-ati/968084-amd-radeon-6990-club-191.html#post13673343
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1NE;13892397
So those of us with powercolor 6990 are safe with warranty?
They can't know you moved the switch, if you move it with a paper-clip, without removing the yellow sticker.

So yes, you will be ''safe with the warranty''.
wink.gif

Please show your support for the most expensive and fastest gaming card in the world by adding this tag to your sig...

PHP:
[URL=http://www.overclock.net/ati/968084-amd-radeon-6990-club.html][/URL]
[IMG alt="drunken.gif"]https://www.overclock.net/images/smilies/drunken.gif[/IMG][B][I]-=AMD RADEON 6990 OWNER'S CLUB=-[/I][/B][IMG alt="drunken.gif"]https://www.overclock.net/images/smilies/drunken.gif[/IMG]
http://www.overclock.net/ati/968084-amd-radeon-6990-club.html
drunken.gif
-=AMD RADEON 6990 OWNER'S CLUB=-
drunken.gif

See less See more
#5 ·
Everyone in this club better have eyefinity..

#8 ·
yeah i dont get the stickers either ? guess it gives the card some character .

Ill be trading in my 6970 for a 6990 once they have enough stock in aus .

and yes , im running eyefinity off my single 6970 and its awsome .. 6990 would be unreal , 60 fps eyefinty in every game .. DO WANT! single monitor would be a waste on this card .

quick question , 6970 shares its mini dp connection with one of the dvi and that causes screen tear on 1 of the screens in eyefinity .. 6990 will have dedicated ports ? hope so .

#9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jach11;12772615
You guys are nuts! Nexus6 how much did you pay for both? $2000?
You don't want to know;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth777;12772650
Everyone in this club better have eyefinity..
Yep! 5760x1080
Quote:
Originally Posted by badatgames18;12772653
are you guys bazzillionares?
No....just a billionaire:D

#11 ·
Finally! The ''best'' Club is now open!
smile.gif

XFX 6990 + XFX 6970 in Tri-Fire, using 11.4 preview drivers. Rock-stable, not noisy, not too warm (since I'm exiting hot air from ther front of my case). Can i join the Club?

5536222238_9e47ac2a4f_b.jpg

So for all the green drama-queens out there. Look! A magic trick! I moved the BIOS switch and the sticker is still there! No one will ever know!
smile.gif
Sigh... You peel it off a little bit , move the little switch, then put it back in place.

Thousands of threads and posts all over the net for this? LOL. I LOVE how the internet can make a tempest in a glass of water for so small a thing...

5535645441_a315f273a3_b.jpg

Just waiting for my 6990 waterblock now. EK nickel/plexi already on my 6970.

And no my card is not noisy, not more then my 5970, and it's not getting hot at all, never going over 82 celsius after 2 hours of Dragon Age and 2 hours of Stalker COP. Good case, good ventilation, and air getting out by the front of the case = Win.

All the drama for this... I'm honest here. The sound is really ok to me, compared to my 5970, of the 580 SLI set-up I had. Not better, not worst. Overblowned issue again . And my temps are not high like all those reviewers.... Good case = good ventilation = ok temp. The Nvidia 480 was alot worst lol!

I'm running at the 6990 at 975/1400 with stock voltage for now btw...
smile.gif
Waiting for Ek waterblock...

#12 ·
I would like to see some benchmarks from these cards

#15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levesque;12776384
Finally! The ''best'' Club is now open!
smile.gif

XFX 6990 + XFX 6970 in Tri-Fire, using 11.4 preview drivers. Rock-stable, not noisy, not too warm (since I'm exiting hot air from ther front of my case). Can i join the Club?

So for all the green drama-queens out there. Look! A magic trick! I moved the BIOS switch and the sticker is still there! No one will ever know!
smile.gif
Sigh... You peel it off a little bit , move the little switch, then put it back in place.

Thousands of threads and posts all over the net for this? LOL. I LOVE how the internet can make a tempest in a glass of water for so small a thing...

Just waiting for my 6990 waterblock now. EK nickel/plexi already on my 6970.

And no my card is not noisy, not more then my 5970, and it's not getting hot at all, never going over 82 celsius after 2 hours of Dragon Age and 2 hours of Stalker COP. Good case, good ventilation, and air getting out by the front of the case = Win.

All the drama for this... I'm honest here. The sound is really ok to me, compared to my 5970, of the 580 SLI set-up I had. Not better, not worst. Overblowned issue again . And my temps are not high like all those reviewers.... Good case = good ventilation = ok temp. The Nvidia 480 was alot worst lol!

I'm running at the 6990 at 975/1400 with stock voltage for now btw...
smile.gif
Waiting for Ek waterblock...
You just sold me on the 6990.

Good info on the bios switch too. Thanks.

#16 ·
And I forgot to say that we can move ''the switch'' with a harpin without moving the sticker at all. There is enough space to do it.
smile.gif

So I want the copyright on the DIY ''6990-hairpin-yellow-sticker-warranty-trick'' people will all be talking about soon on the internet.
smile.gif

#17 ·
i've noticed that people can't keep these cards in stock and the ones who have it say they are VERY pleased with how it's performed. glad to see that the owners are happy and the cards doing well. water will be your friend.

#18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levesque;12777874
And I forgot to say that we can move ''the switch'' with a harpin without moving the sticker at all. There is enough space to do it.
smile.gif

So I want the copyright on the DIY ''6990-hairpin-yellow-sticker-warranty-trick'' people will all be talking about soon on the internet.
smile.gif
Just for your info, Powercolor and XFX have updated their Warranty status for HD6990, and they will still serve you Warranty if you move the switch.

It's a matter of time until Sapphire and Asus joins them and allows the switch to remain with a Warranty.

But yeah, if you've got an XFX or a Powercolor, nothing to worry about, Warranty wont be eliminated, it's only Sapphire and Asus who still remain strict about that, but I think it's a matter of days until they change their minds and join XFX & Powercolor with that decission.

#20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcuestag;12778156
Just for your info, Powercolor and XFX have updated their Warranty status for HD6990, and they will still serve you Warranty if you move the switch.

It's a matter of time until Sapphire and Asus joins them and allows the switch to remain with a Warranty.

But yeah, if you've got an XFX or a Powercolor, nothing to worry about, Warranty wont be eliminated, it's only Sapphire and Asus who still remain strict about that, but I think it's a matter of days until they change their minds and join XFX & Powercolor with that decission.
thought sapphire already joined the team?
eek.gif

#21 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by newpc;12778191
thought sapphire already joined the team?
eek.gif
Maybe they did and I didn't know?

As far as I know, as of today, only Powercolor and XFX offer that, maybe Sapphire joined them? I'm not sure, I haven't heard of it.

#22 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by soilentblue;12777996
i've noticed that people can't keep these cards in stock and the ones who have it say they are VERY pleased with how it's performed. glad to see that the owners are happy and the cards doing well.
Yep. The green marketing team machine was hard at work to convince everyone of the opposite, and they were bringing alot of green fanboys with them in the fight (they would beleive anything they say... so...). Sadly, they were doing a great job. But now that the cat is out of the bag, people will now know the thruth and see the light (said with my best preacher's voice).
smile.gif

Lesson learned I hope for alot of people. Thrust end-users, not ''reviewers'' with a hand in Nvidia's deep back pocket!

#25 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by newpc;12778293
just found a 6990 @ 1ghz core
eek.gif
= 580 in sli.

LINK
They should have OC'ed a bit more the Memory, gives a nice FPS boost too!

But holy cow, that's a nice OC
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Carnage_;12778303
God, Tiger Direct is selling the XFX 6990 for over $800 versus $709 to $739 for the other brands. Hopefully more come in stock at NewEgg soon or I may be forced to get Powercolor.
PowerColor is fine, my friend has a PowerColor HD6990 and he's quite happy with it. If you don't care for the stickers of the card, just grab the PowerColor! Their support is good too, plus I've heard really bad things of XFX support in the US here in OCN.

Just go with whatever is cheaper between Sapphire, XFX, Asus, and Powercolor
biggrin.gif

#26 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by newpc;12778293
just found a 6990 @ 1ghz core
eek.gif
= 580 in sli.

LINK
Typical green-goblin 580 SLI owners answer: ''yes but you fail so hard at everything in life, comparing an OC against 2 non-OC cards''.

I know, someone just told me that on HardOcp forum. Like I did write that review. Sigh. Someone else decided to OC a 6990 and compare it to 580 SLI, and I failed. Sigh. A guy with a Quad SLI 580 set-up, well known here... The Green-team are banging me so ''hard'' there right now about that link!
devil.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.