See less See more
#2 ·
looks a little like gears 2

#3 ·
*click new picture*

Enlarge picture...

*click new picture*

Enlarge picture...

On topic: Hm, well once again, the scenery is there, but none of that Crysis 1 detail to it.

#4 ·
Agreed...

#6 ·
I see zero DX10 or DX11 in that picture. For shame, crytek.

Notice on that green roof thing it's very flat, hardly any detail, zero bump mapping either. In DX10 it would have more detail and not be so flat, in DX11 you'd have tessellation.

#7 ·
It looks a lot better than what I had anticipated based off of what I've heard about the demo. With that being said, I think the original Crysis looks better, but I think this game can catch up some based on how the well the DirectX 11 visuals are when they come. I don't see it surpassing the original based off of what I've seen, though, but if they at least fix the water I think I'll be fine.

Not going to consider this game until we get those DirectX 11 visuals, then I'll decide if it's worth the investment.

#12 ·
Crytek really should just stop releasing screens of the PC version. It looks like a joke.

Crytek was ahead of their time with Crysis 1, and the PC community raved, it was awesome. For those who could max it out [and I'll admit, I was not one of them] is was just orgasmic [using loosely]. For those of us who couldn't max it out, we got performance similar to Crysis 2. Acceptable, still great looking, still better than what was currently out there [Crysis 1] but wanting to get more. Crysis 2 basically regurged Crysis 1 three years later. Maxing it out is childs play now. And the end result.. well we had it three years ago!

They dumbed it down so anyone could play, no real new leap in visual technology, just took a dive to fill their pockets instead of giving us something unique which would still fill their pockets.

It's a stupid move, people here, on the Crytek forums, and other forums are outraged by Crysis 2 for PC, and they just piss on it. Well guess what. You don't make money by pissing on your userbase. Go figure.

#14 ·
Why do you people instantly say that DX10 or DX11 is going to change anything and everything? It won't!
DX10 did nothing in Crysis 1 aside from tiny little things like dynamic rainbow effects underwater. Everything else was possible in DX9. Why anyone thinks that DX11 support is magically going to change anything in the game is totally beyond me. It's not going to do anything - at most some tessellation which hopefully won't be as poorly used as Dragon Age 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkypoo7;12776060
Crytek really should just stop releasing screens of the PC version. It looks like a joke.

Crytek was ahead of their time with Crysis 1, and the PC community raved, it was awesome. For those who could max it out [and I'll admit, I was not one of them] is was just orgasmic [using loosely]. For those of us who couldn't max it out, we got performance similar to Crysis 2. Acceptable, still great looking, still better than what was currently out there [Crysis 1] but wanting to get more. Crysis 2 basically regurged Crysis 1 three years later. Maxing it out is childs play now. And the end result.. well we had it three years ago!

They dumbed it down so anyone could play, no real new leap in visual technology, just took a dive to fill their pockets instead of giving us something unique which would still fill their pockets.

It's a stupid move, people here, on the Crytek forums, and other forums are outraged by Crysis 2 for PC, and they just piss on it. Well guess what. You don't make money by pissing on your userbase. Go figure.
Crytek isn't posting screenshots. These screenshots are clearly from someone who pirated the beta. None of these screenshots look professional or show anything significant off. The backside of a soldier in the OP for example? How about aiming down the sights of a rocket launcher. Or whatever this is. No one releases screenshots like that.

• Rep+
Reactions: tindolos
#16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechtech;12775797
It looks like Crysis with lower res textures and more post processing in my opinion.
This.

Look at the ground, it's PLAIN. Crysis' ground was full of detail, full of polygonal parties, full of... REALISTIC SHADOWS.

Christ.

All I want to believe now is that due to EA pressure, Crytek hasn't been able to finish the DX11 version of CryEngine3 adaptated to Crysis 2, so they will need to ship the game with the console engine; and that we will get a patch with the DX11 engine when it's ready.

I won't touch the game (while I will still have the retail box with me) until a patch for DX11 is readied up. Word of mouth.

Edit: @ Rocstar96:

JEEEEEEEEEEEESUS EEEEEEEEEEEFFFIN CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST!!! LOOK AT THOSE WOODEN PLANKS DETAIL! AND THAT SMOKE IN THE BG!!!

If all that is GPU accelerated and a REAL polygonal/particular system, then BRAVO to crytek is all I can say. once more.

#19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28;12776167
Why do you people instantly say that DX10 or DX11 is going to change anything and everything? It won't!
DX10 did nothing in Crysis 1 aside from tiny little things like dynamic rainbow effects underwater. Everything else was possible in DX9. Why anyone thinks that DX11 support is magically going to change anything in the game is totally beyond me. It's not going to do anything - at most some tessellation which hopefully won't be as poorly used as Dragon Age 2...
I HEAVILY disagree. I've even DX9 v. High hacked, nor w/ any mod I've seen can you get the same shader effects(mainly really good ambient occlusion) and general feel that DX10 crysis had.

#21 ·
Textures resolution is just too low!!! Looks so washed up.I was expecting better...

#22 ·
I don't think the textures are that low.. the problem is that temporal AA filter that seems to be blurring the hell out of everything onscreen. I mean sure it does make things smooth and jaggie free but I'd rather have more of a performance hit and user selected AA.

In the end despite the fact that this wasn't developed with PC in mind i'm still going to have tons of fun with it.

#24 ·
I bet noone still has dx10/dx11 to add to the game. Just dx9 game samples have been given to review sites to test. When the patch hits, then you can judge for yourself if you like the detail that has been added.

I strongly believe that nvidia has crytek waiting to show off their super gpu with official crysis 2 pc screenshots together. The screenshots look great, but dx9 great. Can't wait to see what the patch delivers.

There will be a hell of alot of people eatting their words if this patch actually produces like it's suppose to.

#25 ·
Is it just me or does it feel like those screenshots are missing something? I am not talking about prettiness or whatever it just feels like it's missing something that makes in fundamentally crysis.

#26 ·
I think it's missing clarity. Maybe this is just me, but the screenshot is a lot less "clear" than the original Crysis. The trees are blurred, everything is blurred to make it look better from far away(i.e. 5/6 feet, eyes to TV screen). Console users won't notice a difference, but it's different for us PC gamers. Hopefully the mod community will release something that'll change the looks. I'm expecting nothing more from Crytek.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.