Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Looking for mouse benchmarks...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looking for mouse benchmarks... - Page 3

post #21 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
No, I doubt the sensor is defective because I have two G500's here that also have acceleration that cannot be disabled. It's not a secret that the sensor has acceleration.
I'm not saying it doesn't have acceleration, I'm only saying that the acceleration is so low that most people won't notice(4%) and it mostæy occurs on cloth pads when using a very high dpi setting

On hardpads with lower dpi settings I would say its the 2nd best sensor out there after the 3g/3.5g/Avago ADNS-3090
post #22 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Nobody has done a proper mouse review in four years unless you count the japanese benchmark but I think its half baked. But here, ill make you a chart pulled straight from my ass after using all of these sensors.


Perfect control speed.
(This is by far the most important statistic)

DA - ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] (very similar to the original 3G)
Xai - ]]]]] (Awful perfect control speed because of acceleration)
Mamba - Don't buy this mouse.

Malfunction speed on cloth.

DA - ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] (very similar to the original 3G)
Xai - ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
Mamba - Don't buy this mouse.

Malfunction speed on a hard pad.

DA - ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
Xai - ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
Mamba - Don't buy this mouse.
Just wondering though, I have the death adder here and the Mamba, both are very very similar in terms of form factor. So what makes the Mamba bad compared to the death adder, I mean I cant really tell the difference between both and Im just wondering.
Nexus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K Gigabyte Z87 G1 Sniper M5  2x Zotac 980Ti (Reference Design) Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 4x4Gb (16Gb)... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M550 256Gb Corsair Force GT 240Gb Seagate 3TB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Swiftec H220X w/ GT-AP15  Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Samsung 32EH5000 32" HD Direct lit LED TV Ducky Shine 3 [Cherry MX Blue , White LED] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster V1000 Corsair 350D Logitech G603 Puretrack Talent 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 5.1 Digital Speaker 
  hide details  
Reply
Nexus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K Gigabyte Z87 G1 Sniper M5  2x Zotac 980Ti (Reference Design) Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 4x4Gb (16Gb)... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M550 256Gb Corsair Force GT 240Gb Seagate 3TB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Swiftec H220X w/ GT-AP15  Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Samsung 32EH5000 32" HD Direct lit LED TV Ducky Shine 3 [Cherry MX Blue , White LED] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster V1000 Corsair 350D Logitech G603 Puretrack Talent 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 5.1 Digital Speaker 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 32
Thread Starter 
Earl, I own the DA 3G, Xai, and picked up a Mamba not long ago. I like the DA much better then the Xai but thats just to do mostly with comfort. The mamba seems to track like the DA on pad. Feels similar to me anyway, the only issue I can tell it has, when I lift it, the mouse cursor jumps like an inch down to the left every time. Its not a major issue for me because i don't lift my mouse much, esp not when I'm aiming at someone. However I was looking for benchmarks to see if the Mambas actual pad tracking has other flaws as well. Most everyone around here hates the PTE.

I've just grown so used to having actual benchmarks to look at. Ever since I have come to the Mice and Keyboard forums here on OCN, I feel like all you get is just user opinion on everything. And I'm sorry but I could care less about how someone else "feels" about a mouse. I want to see hard facts.
post #24 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjlx View Post
Earl, I own the DA 3G, Xai, and picked up a Mamba not long ago. I like the DA much better then the Xai but thats just to do mostly with comfort. The mamba seems to track like the DA on pad. Feels similar to me anyway, the only issue I can tell it has, when I lift it, the mouse cursor jumps like an inch down to the left every time. Its not a major issue for me because i don't lift my mouse much, esp not when I'm aiming at someone. However I was looking for benchmarks to see if the Mambas actual pad tracking has other flaws as well. Most everyone around here hates the PTE.

I've just grown so used to having actual benchmarks to look at. Ever since I have come to the Mice and Keyboard forums here on OCN, I feel like all you get is just user opinion on everything. And I'm sorry but I could care less about how someone else "feels" about a mouse. I want to see hard facts.
Well your hard facts has been posted by me in the first post
post #25 of 32
Thread Starter 
I took a look at that Japanese bench, and it doesn't appear to be as in-depth as the old ESR one.

Judging from this chart however: http://wikis.jp/interfacedevice/inde..._en&src=I2.gif

It would appear the mamba has better tracking then a g9x, which has the same sensor as a Xai. And it seems a little worse then the DA. So why all the hate towards the mamba around here? Is it simply because of the liftoff issue? From what I gather around here, everyone says its complete garbage, you get the feeling like the mouse can't track to save its life. Maybe I'm missing something but its tracking seems fine?
post #26 of 32
The XAI is SO much better than the DA. The DA is cheaply made and breaks under a year if youre lucky. The laser on the XAI is much better, especially when it comes to picking up the mouse and moving it on a mouse pad. The build quality is just so much better as well, but it its cost is a premium.
Phoneix
(33 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3770K @ 5Ghz 24/7 ASRock Z77 Extreme4 GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 XTREME Gaming Premium... G.SKILL 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1866 10CAS 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Green WD20EARX 2TB 64MB Cache S... OCZ Vertex 4 128GB Western Digital My Book 5TB USB 3.0 Seagate Backup Plus 3TB USB 3.0  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG DVD Burner Corsair H110 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit PLANAR PX2710MW 27" 2ms 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS VE248Q Black 24" 2ms LED QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll 27" 1440p 120Hz Corsair K70 MX Red switches Antec TruePower New TP-750 Blue 750W modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White SteelSeries Sensei Fnatic Edition SteelSeries QcK+ DOTA 2 Edition (x2) FiiO E6 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
FiiO E09k Beyerdynamic DT 990 250 Ohm Audio Technica A700 Sennheiser HD 280 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Sennheiser HD 201 Grado 60i M-Audio Studiophile AV40 Speakers Creative Sound Blaster Z  
OtherOtherOtherOther
Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1850 Asus Dual Band (2.4GHz 300Mbps/5GHz 300Mbps) Wi... NZXT Hue LED strip controller Lamptron FC5 v3 fan controller 
Other
Ducky OCN.net DK9008G2 PRO (work) 
  hide details  
Reply
Phoneix
(33 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3770K @ 5Ghz 24/7 ASRock Z77 Extreme4 GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 XTREME Gaming Premium... G.SKILL 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1866 10CAS 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Green WD20EARX 2TB 64MB Cache S... OCZ Vertex 4 128GB Western Digital My Book 5TB USB 3.0 Seagate Backup Plus 3TB USB 3.0  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG DVD Burner Corsair H110 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit PLANAR PX2710MW 27" 2ms 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS VE248Q Black 24" 2ms LED QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll 27" 1440p 120Hz Corsair K70 MX Red switches Antec TruePower New TP-750 Blue 750W modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White SteelSeries Sensei Fnatic Edition SteelSeries QcK+ DOTA 2 Edition (x2) FiiO E6 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
FiiO E09k Beyerdynamic DT 990 250 Ohm Audio Technica A700 Sennheiser HD 280 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Sennheiser HD 201 Grado 60i M-Audio Studiophile AV40 Speakers Creative Sound Blaster Z  
OtherOtherOtherOther
Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1850 Asus Dual Band (2.4GHz 300Mbps/5GHz 300Mbps) Wi... NZXT Hue LED strip controller Lamptron FC5 v3 fan controller 
Other
Ducky OCN.net DK9008G2 PRO (work) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 32
Thread Starter 
The DA breaks under a year huh? lol Wonder why mine has lasted over 3 years. Maybe its a Super DA!
post #28 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjlx View Post
I took a look at that Japanese bench, and it doesn't appear to be as in-depth as the old ESR one.

Judging from this chart however: http://wikis.jp/interfacedevice/inde..._en&src=I2.gif

It would appear the mamba has better tracking then a g9x, which has the same sensor as a Xai. And it seems a little worse then the DA. So why all the hate towards the mamba around here? Is it simply because of the liftoff issue? From what I gather around here, everyone says its complete garbage, you get the feeling like the mouse can't track to save its life. Maybe I'm missing something but its tracking seems fine?
The main problems with the two phillips twin eye mice that I bought were the exaggerated lift off movement and the click jitter, both caused by the sensor trying to track something it shouldn't be. I don't care if the sensor has over 9000 m/s perfect control speed if it has those flaws. Some people are okay with these flaws though. I forced myself to buy each of these mice/sensors to try them myself and return them if I couldn't stand them even though people had already mentioned the flaws. Turns out most of the complaints were warranted as most of the mice I tried got returned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pLuhhmm View Post
The XAI is SO much better than the DA. The DA is cheaply made and breaks under a year if youre lucky. The laser on the XAI is much better, especially when it comes to picking up the mouse and moving it on a mouse pad. The build quality is just so much better as well, but it its cost is a premium.
I agree, the Xai's quality is much better than anything from razer and its lift off distance is also much better but the DA's sensor doesnt have accel or cloth issues so I consider it superior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjlx View Post
The DA breaks under a year huh? lol Wonder why mine has lasted over 3 years. Maybe its a Super DA!
My 3G DA's scroll wheel starting malfunctioning within 4 months. I also had an abyssus completely die within one month. Consider yourself lucky.
Edited by Derp - 3/20/11 at 12:16am
post #29 of 32
Thread Starter 
Well thanks for clearing that up. I guess I'll decide if the lift off issue is something that doesn't really bother me. Just wanted to make sure the actual pad tracking wasn't terrible, it seemed close to my DA.

What mouse are you currently using?
post #30 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjlx View Post
Well thanks for clearing that up. I guess I'll decide if the lift off issue is something that doesn't really bother me. Just wanted to make sure the actual pad tracking wasn't terrible, it seemed close to my DA.

What mouse are you currently using?
Forced to use my Xai. I tried to buy another DA but got fed up that they sell it brand new with a physical flaw that makes the plastic belly of the mouse drag on the surface. A second set of feet stacked onto each other solves the problem but its just pathetic having to modify a $50 mouse so it works properly out of the box.

Currently waiting on the CM storm spawn or the Puretrak Valor to be on sale, both use the 3090 optical sensor.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Looking for mouse benchmarks...