Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [myCrysis] Crysis 2: No SandBox3 editor, no advanced graphics config, no DX10/DX11!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[myCrysis] Crysis 2: No SandBox3 editor, no advanced graphics config, no DX10/DX11! - Page 39

post #381 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk777th View Post
Lets get this thread back on track.
we can try, it's not going to succeed...
 
Benching
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 5960X @ 4.8GHz] [Rampage V Extreme] [Titan 1400MHz (1500MHz bench)] [Various] 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
[250GB 840EVO +2x SpinpointF3 1TB RAID0] [LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change] [XSPC X2O 750 pump/res] [Monsta 360 full copper + EK XT 360 + XT 240] 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
[Crossover 27Q LED-P 1440p+ASUS 1200p+LG 1080p] [Corsair AX1200] [Dimastech Easy v3.0] [Sennheiser HD558s] 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
FX 8320, FX 8350, Phenom II x2 555BE i7 3930K, i7 860, i7 4770K, 68x Celeron D CVF, commando, 2x RIVE, Z87X-OC Asus 4870x2, Sapphire 4870 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
2x 5870, 5850, 5830, 5770 2x 3870x2, 3870 GTX Titan, GTX 480, GTX 590 GTX 285, GTX 260, 4x 9800GT, 8800GTX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
4x4GB vengeance, 2x4GB predatorX, 2x1GB OCZ DDR2 Intel X25-M 80GB LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change OCN Marksman 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
2x old tek slims (GPU) Various watercooling stuff win7, winxp AX1200 
Case
test bench / cardboard box 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Benching
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 5960X @ 4.8GHz] [Rampage V Extreme] [Titan 1400MHz (1500MHz bench)] [Various] 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
[250GB 840EVO +2x SpinpointF3 1TB RAID0] [LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change] [XSPC X2O 750 pump/res] [Monsta 360 full copper + EK XT 360 + XT 240] 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
[Crossover 27Q LED-P 1440p+ASUS 1200p+LG 1080p] [Corsair AX1200] [Dimastech Easy v3.0] [Sennheiser HD558s] 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
FX 8320, FX 8350, Phenom II x2 555BE i7 3930K, i7 860, i7 4770K, 68x Celeron D CVF, commando, 2x RIVE, Z87X-OC Asus 4870x2, Sapphire 4870 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
2x 5870, 5850, 5830, 5770 2x 3870x2, 3870 GTX Titan, GTX 480, GTX 590 GTX 285, GTX 260, 4x 9800GT, 8800GTX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
4x4GB vengeance, 2x4GB predatorX, 2x1GB OCZ DDR2 Intel X25-M 80GB LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change OCN Marksman 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
2x old tek slims (GPU) Various watercooling stuff win7, winxp AX1200 
Case
test bench / cardboard box 
  hide details  
Reply
post #382 of 518
If you knowingly paid $60 for a game with no graphic settings, you got ripped off ...
And I won't feel bad for you because you are a ......... SUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fatal1ty
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2GHz XFX 780i SLI EVGA 480 + Zotac 480 2 x 2GB G. Skill DDR2 @ 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 2x 250GB RAID 0 LG 48xDVD/RW Windows 7 x64 Professional 3 x Acer GD235HZ 120Hz 2ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 1220 KingWin Mach 1 Coolermaster HAF - X Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Razer eXactMat 
  hide details  
Reply
Fatal1ty
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2GHz XFX 780i SLI EVGA 480 + Zotac 480 2 x 2GB G. Skill DDR2 @ 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 2x 250GB RAID 0 LG 48xDVD/RW Windows 7 x64 Professional 3 x Acer GD235HZ 120Hz 2ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 1220 KingWin Mach 1 Coolermaster HAF - X Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Razer eXactMat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #383 of 518
No joke.
Afterburner
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme 4.5Ghz Asus X99 Pro SLI Titan Xp Kingston HyperX 16GB 2400 DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
3X Samsung 850 EVO 1TB WD 2TB Black DVD/RW Combo Corsair H110i GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate Dell 3415W 21:9 Das Keyboard Ultimate Corsair AX1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC-A77FA Logitech G9x Evga Titan Signature Pad DT 990 Creative Ti HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Afterburner
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme 4.5Ghz Asus X99 Pro SLI Titan Xp Kingston HyperX 16GB 2400 DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
3X Samsung 850 EVO 1TB WD 2TB Black DVD/RW Combo Corsair H110i GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate Dell 3415W 21:9 Das Keyboard Ultimate Corsair AX1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC-A77FA Logitech G9x Evga Titan Signature Pad DT 990 Creative Ti HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #384 of 518
No it isn't

Once again here is the link to the rules.

http://www.overclock.net/view.php?pg=rulestos


1.) Idiot: someone who acts in a self-defeating or significantly counterproductive way.

2.) The whole post nor majority of it contained CAPS. That is the rule no overuse of caps lock.

3.) However, showing my emotion whilst attempting to show the error in logic, is never a good idea. So I have personally edited it, so that it may be seen more correctly.

P.S: We should have a uncaps lock... =)

4.) All I want is for him to come back at that logic with his own.

These are how debates go, one person states something, the other states something, and so on and so forth, from there we can learn more and understand the other point of view simpler.

P.S: The anus comment was pointed at taking that game, and putting it right back into where it came from..

The devs need to work on it a little more, it's not a lot to ask. I'm sure the game itself is good, just the horrible way they screw over PC here, it's....rude, considering we made them.

Plus, I never admitted to piracy, thanks for the free game was not a piracy related comment.

So please let the thread continue, I solely wish to debate with those who believe that piracy is the reason for everything.
Edited by HappyDave - 3/21/11 at 12:26pm
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsHard DriveOS
AMD 955 BE GTX 470 SAMSUNG F3 1tb Winblows 7 
Power
Corsair 850tx 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsHard DriveOS
AMD 955 BE GTX 470 SAMSUNG F3 1tb Winblows 7 
Power
Corsair 850tx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #385 of 518
All I see is a bunch of little girls crying over a half assed company.

Also to those saying DX11 doesn't matter, you double standard little children. Why is it that I see most people with a DX11 card ?.
These are the same people saying it doesn't matter, go figure.

Also looking for a reason to justify my purchase of DX11 cards, damn strait you little kids, "what would be the other reasons for buying a DX11 card ?"

I am pissed about this crap, another group of people happy with another DX9 game when we have DX11. I am seriously puzzled as to why people are happy with this crap.

If the game is fun then good on it, but I would of thought that it would of been a higher priority to have the best graphics, and that is DX11.
But what ever, all the developers have to do now is pump out a POS like COD and all the little kiddies will eat it all up.

It's this that is holding the gaming back, nothing more.
post #386 of 518
If they release a campaign/single player version of the game for 20$ i might buy it.
Unto The Void
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6800k Gigabyte G1 X99-Phoenix SLI Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 32GB RipJaw 4 DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 500GB Crucial M4 2 x Spinpoint F1 Samsung 850 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 LG Ultrawide 29" Asus 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech 810 EVGA P2 650 Watt In Win 303 Logitech G502 
  hide details  
Reply
Unto The Void
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6800k Gigabyte G1 X99-Phoenix SLI Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 32GB RipJaw 4 DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 500GB Crucial M4 2 x Spinpoint F1 Samsung 850 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 LG Ultrawide 29" Asus 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech 810 EVGA P2 650 Watt In Win 303 Logitech G502 
  hide details  
Reply
post #387 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldExclusive View Post
Wasn't talking about DX11 but since you brought it up, DX11 is apart of the official Recommended Settings for Crysis 2.
http://www.hardocp.com/news/2011/02/...ments_unveiled
http://vr-zone.com/articles/crysis-2...led/11255.html

DX11 isn't optional, it's recommend, as in, standard or developed with DX11. It wasn't an afterthought. Also don't give me made up statistics. The game isn't complete without DX11. SB3 was that only feature that seems to be scheduled after launch, without DX11 it doesn't make sense to release it really. DX11 is probably having issues from them to patch in or they are holding onto the patch to deter piracy. Nvidia more than anyone wanted DX11 at launch, they paid Crytek for it.
The 5% isn't made up, it's part of the Steam survey, which is as accurate as you're going to get. The 30% is an educated guess, assuming all three platforms get roughly equal amounts, or at least that the PC gets 1/3rd with the remaining 2/3rds split among the two consoles.

I didn't realize DX11 was recommended. But really, it is an easy way of saying "We recommend one of the current-gen cards for this game", rather than saying "Nvidia 4xx or 5xx or ATi 5xxx or AMD 6xxx".

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash_mouth01 View Post
All I see is a bunch of little girls crying over a half assed company.

Also to those saying DX11 doesn't matter, you double standard little children. Why is it that I see most people with a DX11 card ?.
These are the same people saying it doesn't matter, go figure.

Also looking for a reason to justify my purchase of DX11 cards, damn strait you little kids, "what would be the other reasons for buying a DX11 card ?"
Maybe for folding, or CUDA, or maybe you just wanted a new video card that was halfway decent, and all of the new cards are DX11. There are plenty of reasons.

Oh, and get this, I buy a game because it's fun, I could really give a crap what version of DirectX it's using. Half of the tools on OCN complaining about the DX version probably couldn't tell the difference between a screenshot of one or the other, or the difference that DX10/11 really make.
Edited by lordikon - 3/21/11 at 12:28pm
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
post #388 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDave View Post
No it isn't

Once again here is the link to the rules.

http://www.overclock.net/view.php?pg=rulestos


1.) Idiot: someone who acts in a self-defeating or significantly counterproductive way.

2.) The whole post nor majority of it contained CAPS. That is the rule no overuse of caps lock.

3.) However, showing my emotion whilst attempting to show the error in logic, is never a good idea. So I have personally edited it, so that it may be seen more correctly.

P.S: We should have a uncaps lock... =)

4.) All I want is for him to come back at that logic with his own.

These are how debates go, one person states something, the other states something, and so on and so forth, from there we can learn more and understand the other point of view simpler.

P.S: The anus comment was pointed at taking that game, and putting it right back into where it came from.. The devs.

The devs need to work on it a little more, it's not a lot to ask. I'm sure the game itself is good, just the horrible way they screw over PC here, is a little.....rude.

Plus, I never admitted to piracy, thanks for the free game was not a piracy related comment.
You just owned him Dave
post #389 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar View Post
First of all Crysis 1 sold 3 million copies. It's about the 30th best selling PC game EVER.

Now I don't know what crytek is smoking but there is no way that they would think that they lost too much sales because of that. There is absolutely no way that crysis 1 or any modern shooter game for the PC could sell 45 million copies. Thinking that the game might have sold even half or 1/4 of that would be delusional.

I'd actually take a guess that most of the people who pirated crysis 1 never even played it beyond the first level and certainly not without a fraps meter.

DISCLAIMER: And yes I bought crysis 1
It sold 3 million copies but only 1 million the first quarter. It was a disappointment, sales wise. The majority of their sales were bargain bin. Considering the amount of love they showed the PC community with that game it should have sold double, at least.

So the people who say they're canceling or pirating because Crysis 2 isn't bleeding edge aren't really affecting anything. Crysis 1 was bleeding edge and that didn't translate to the success they thought it should be.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #390 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDave View Post
No it isn't

Once again here is the link to the rules.

http://www.overclock.net/view.php?pg=rulestos


1.) Idiot: someone who acts in a self-defeating or significantly counterproductive way.

2.) The whole post nor majority of it contained CAPS. That is the rule no overuse of caps lock.

3.) However, showing my emotion whilst attempting to show the error in logic, is never a good idea. So I have personally edited it, so that it may be seen more correctly.

P.S: We should have a uncaps lock... =)

4.) All I want is for him to come back at that logic with his own.

These are how debates go, one person states something, the other states something, and so on and so forth, from there we can learn more and understand the other point of view simpler.

P.S: The anus comment was pointed at taking that game, and putting it right back into where it came from..

The devs need to work on it a little more, it's not a lot to ask. I'm sure the game itself is good, just the horrible way they screw over PC here, it's....rude, considering we made them.

Plus, I never admitted to piracy, thanks for the free game was not a piracy related comment.

So please let the thread continue, I solely wish to debate with those who believe that piracy is the reason for everything.
you must have missed the second link in the sticky

Profanity

Profanity has no place in a professional environment and is not tolerated on the site. The use of acronyms, abbreviations, and symbols is treated the same as using the actual words. The use of profanity will result in warnings and infractions.

Drama, bashing, etc.

In order to maintain a professional, friendly atmosphere, at no time will drama, bashing, or other such activities be acceptable. Posts and threads falling under this category should be reported, and the posters will receive warnings or infractions. Keep things constructive and polite, and things will run very smoothly. "White" text is not allowed.

if you have a good leg to stand on in a debate then you don't need to caps lock a whole paragraph, you don't need to use profanity, you don't need to call someone an idiot, and you don't need to read between the lines of rules to get by.

i'm not arguing about this. i know you can make your point in a constructive manner far better than you did. if you don't want to be reported then abide by the rules better. it shows a bad example for others and completely derails the purpose of the thread topic at hand.
Alucard
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenon II 955 C3 @ 4.1ghz (stable) Gigabyte 890fx-ud5 asus gtx 590 G. Skill Eco 2x2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung F3 Win 7 (64 bit) Dell u2711 ABS SL 1050w 
Case
Torture Rack 
  hide details  
Reply
Alucard
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenon II 955 C3 @ 4.1ghz (stable) Gigabyte 890fx-ud5 asus gtx 590 G. Skill Eco 2x2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung F3 Win 7 (64 bit) Dell u2711 ABS SL 1050w 
Case
Torture Rack 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [myCrysis] Crysis 2: No SandBox3 editor, no advanced graphics config, no DX10/DX11!