Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [myCrysis] Crysis 2: No SandBox3 editor, no advanced graphics config, no DX10/DX11!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[myCrysis] Crysis 2: No SandBox3 editor, no advanced graphics config, no DX10/DX11! - Page 41

post #401 of 518
Guys..keep it on topic and CLEAN. Do not make me delete posts etc.
post #402 of 518
For me it looks better the VHigh than the Extreme. Yes, because it doesn't have blur and because I can force AA via CCC. Lol.

I've willingly paid 49€ for the game. Yes, I have. Because the first one was SO GREAT I don't care this one is bad. Crytek just needs to be paid off for what they did with the first one.

And seriously, apart from graphical eyecandy, I doubt they messed the storyline/gameplay/freedom on this one. They can change graphics engines, but they can't change their OWN DESIGNING STYLE.
   
AGP bencher
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700 Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming 5 Sapphire HD 6950 2GiB 2x8GB KFA2 HOF DDR4-3600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 256GB Seagate 600 Series 240GB Seagate 7200.14 2TB Samsung F3 1TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EKWB Supreme HF XSPC Rasa GPU EK XT360 EK 4.0 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
W10 Pro LG IPS235 LG E2250V KUL ES-87 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
SF Leadex II 650W Lian Li PC-A05NB Logitech G9 Xonar DX 
AudioAudio
SMSL SA-S3+Technics CB-250 Sennheiser HD555 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A10-5700 Gigabyte F2A75M-HD2 G.SKILL Ares 2133 CL9 Hitachi 5K750 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Momentus .7 200GB Noctua NH-L9a Server 2012 R2 Standard AUO B156HW01 
PowerCaseOther
PicoPSU-80-WI-25V AIO Aluminium Handmade TP-Link Archer Something Something Wi-Fi AC 
CPUCPUCPUMotherboard
Core2Duo E6400 Core2Quad Q6600 Pentium Dual Core E5200 AsRock 4COREDUAL-SATA2 R2.0 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
A dumpload of ancient AGP cards Kingston Value DDR2-667 CL4 2T @CL3 1T Seagate 160GB 7200.10 LG IDE DVD-ROM 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Ghettomade CPU waterblock 49cc 2stroke engine copper radiator WinXP SP2 32bit ProView 17" 
PowerCase
Tacens Radix V 550W Ghetto aluminium bench 
  hide details  
Reply
   
AGP bencher
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700 Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming 5 Sapphire HD 6950 2GiB 2x8GB KFA2 HOF DDR4-3600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 256GB Seagate 600 Series 240GB Seagate 7200.14 2TB Samsung F3 1TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EKWB Supreme HF XSPC Rasa GPU EK XT360 EK 4.0 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
W10 Pro LG IPS235 LG E2250V KUL ES-87 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
SF Leadex II 650W Lian Li PC-A05NB Logitech G9 Xonar DX 
AudioAudio
SMSL SA-S3+Technics CB-250 Sennheiser HD555 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A10-5700 Gigabyte F2A75M-HD2 G.SKILL Ares 2133 CL9 Hitachi 5K750 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Momentus .7 200GB Noctua NH-L9a Server 2012 R2 Standard AUO B156HW01 
PowerCaseOther
PicoPSU-80-WI-25V AIO Aluminium Handmade TP-Link Archer Something Something Wi-Fi AC 
CPUCPUCPUMotherboard
Core2Duo E6400 Core2Quad Q6600 Pentium Dual Core E5200 AsRock 4COREDUAL-SATA2 R2.0 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
A dumpload of ancient AGP cards Kingston Value DDR2-667 CL4 2T @CL3 1T Seagate 160GB 7200.10 LG IDE DVD-ROM 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Ghettomade CPU waterblock 49cc 2stroke engine copper radiator WinXP SP2 32bit ProView 17" 
PowerCase
Tacens Radix V 550W Ghetto aluminium bench 
  hide details  
Reply
post #403 of 518
If Crytek is doing what I think, I'm pretty sure that we'll all be amazed and game will be "boom" and all that stuff.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
e4500 P5G41T-M LX GTS 250 [OC'd (burning)] 4 GB DDR3 
OSPower
Windows 7 x64 850W 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
e4500 P5G41T-M LX GTS 250 [OC'd (burning)] 4 GB DDR3 
OSPower
Windows 7 x64 850W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #404 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuNkDrSpOt View Post
Lastly, I'm tired of PC Elitists downing console games or talking about console players as kiddies. Almost everyone here started out as a console player. Besides, it's quite obvious that we have plenty of immature players in our own ranks. While MW2 isn't on Half-Life 2, Crysis or Metro 2033's level, it's not crap. It's a fun game ( made by an evil company ) and games, first and foremost, are meant to be fun. The more fun a game is, the more it will sell, simple as that. Those of you who are more concerned about benchmarking and what version of DirectX a game is using aren't really gamers.


I started playing games when I was 7, my parents never bought me a console because they saw it as a waste of money since we had a PC. My first ever console was a SEGA dreamcarst that I payed $1500 for and payed out at 16.
I am 27 years old now so I have seen my fair share of games, so that is 20 years of playing PC games.
Yes I do refer to them as kiddies because this porting crap wasn't such an issue until 2005
so that is 6 years thus compared to my 20 years on a PC, so yes console kiddies. But I also own a PS3 myself so I get that branding also.

Yes you are right games should be fun, that is no 1. But what you are suggesting negates the need of having a PC at all.
This is what grabs my goat more than anything else, what is the point if there is nothing that differentiates platforms at all?

I am not trying to look at this from a gaming or benchamarking view at all, we PC gamers are a small minority and we are getting smaller because of this.
I mean what if it gets to a point that developers stop developing for PC at all because what the PC can do the console can also?
post #405 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artikbot View Post
They can change graphics engines, but they can't change their OWN DESIGNING STYLE.
Have you compared multiplayer of Crysis 1 to Crysis 2 before spewing?
The differences in style are staggering: Crysis 1 is basically similiar to battlefield, you get vehicles 10 miles of maps with foliage, Crysis 2 is just run and gun tiny maps 12 player limit run and gun CoD rip off with unlocks, perks, streaks, etc..
Fatal1ty
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2GHz XFX 780i SLI EVGA 480 + Zotac 480 2 x 2GB G. Skill DDR2 @ 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 2x 250GB RAID 0 LG 48xDVD/RW Windows 7 x64 Professional 3 x Acer GD235HZ 120Hz 2ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 1220 KingWin Mach 1 Coolermaster HAF - X Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Razer eXactMat 
  hide details  
Reply
Fatal1ty
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2GHz XFX 780i SLI EVGA 480 + Zotac 480 2 x 2GB G. Skill DDR2 @ 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 2x 250GB RAID 0 LG 48xDVD/RW Windows 7 x64 Professional 3 x Acer GD235HZ 120Hz 2ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 1220 KingWin Mach 1 Coolermaster HAF - X Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Razer eXactMat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #406 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuNkDrSpOt View Post
We aren't using Dx 11 in new games b/c only 5.6% of the entire PC gaming community can run it and of that small portion, i'd imagine less than 50% of the 5.6% could run a GAME that uses Dx 11. I can barely run the Unigine Heaven benchmark and that's just a tech bench. Imagine what your frames would dip to if you were running around shooting while 10 other enemies were shooting back. It'd be single frames.

As I've said before, look at Metro 2033. I can run that game without too many issues but if I throw a grenade, my FPS drops to single digits until the dust settles.

Don't blame game Devs for the lack of advances, blame the economy. It's having a much larger impact on games than you think it is. Lots of people are cutting out unnecessary purchases like GPUs, which is why the steam survey for Dx 11 has only moved 1% or so in the last year. Lots of Devs are downgrading their budgets b/c of the expected dip in sales, which means not taking risks or using new tech that might not work out or might cause unexpected delays ( dx 11 )
I completely agree with you regarding the reasons why DX11 specific features are being more readily adopted. That isn't the issue I have with Crysis 2. The main issue I have, is that I believe Crysis 1 on Very High in DirectX 9 mode looks better than Crysis 2 on it's highest settings and from all the footage I've seen as well. What happened to the godrays for example? The heavy use of normal mapping on textures? The more impressive lighting and water effects?

Many people seem to be under the impression that Crysis 1 in DX10 is quite a bit better than in DX9 mode. That couldn't be farther from the truth. Very High DX9 vs DX10 is almost 100% indistinguishable. See the comparisons here:
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6182140/index.html

THIS is what I have a big problem with.
Slow and Crappy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 960 Asus Rampage II Gene GTX480 6x 2GB Mushkin Redline 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
OCZ Vertex 3 MaxIOPS 120GB / 2x WD RE4 2TB RAID 1 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 Corsair TX850 V2 Lian-Li PC-A04B 
  hide details  
Reply
Slow and Crappy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 960 Asus Rampage II Gene GTX480 6x 2GB Mushkin Redline 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
OCZ Vertex 3 MaxIOPS 120GB / 2x WD RE4 2TB RAID 1 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 Corsair TX850 V2 Lian-Li PC-A04B 
  hide details  
Reply
post #407 of 518
wobblewobblewobble.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
e4500 P5G41T-M LX GTS 250 [OC'd (burning)] 4 GB DDR3 
OSPower
Windows 7 x64 850W 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
e4500 P5G41T-M LX GTS 250 [OC'd (burning)] 4 GB DDR3 
OSPower
Windows 7 x64 850W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #408 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by smash_mouth01 View Post
So now you are calling me a tool because I want my investment to be used at it's full potential, before I upgrade them again ?
But now your just ramming your opinion down peoples throat's and expecting them to take your word as gold.
It's not Crytek's fault that you want every game to use your hardware to it's full potential. Developers don't make games to benchmark your hardware, they make games for a profit, and usually that means making a game that is actually fun (or at least BSing your customer base into buying your game even if it isn't fun).

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash_mouth01 View Post
I buy games for fun also, but this isn't the point, as you said all new cards are DX11 we can agree on that, so the question stands "Why aren't we using it?"
Because only 5-6% of gamers have DX11 cards at this point, and because DX version has no bearing on what makes a game good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash_mouth01 View Post
I mean for F S I still play UT III, ETQW, Star Wars BattleFront II. So I really don't think that graphics is a huge issue wit me.

But lets get real here, this is "CRYSIS". What does that name mean to you ?
Crysis was a mediocre game that looked great. Because the game taxed hardware of that generation it became used as a benchmark. That doesn't mean Crytek is obligated to put Crysis 2 into that same category. They made and engine that efficiently runs the game on all three of the targeted platforms, so they could get games out the door that will make them some true profit and have an engine that they can sell to other companies. Patching the game with DX11 as an afterthought is something they're likely doing because they still care about the PC community.
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
post #409 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDave View Post
You will abusing the Report system, since I broke no rules, Allow me to redirect you to the rules.


http://www.overclock.net/view.php?pg=rulestos

But allow me to fix that for you, so you can give me your argument, because before I said anything it was just..

LOOK! over there! there is a pirate, lets blame them.

Also, Caps lock is allowed, I am using to express the anger at which was pointed at the stupidity of a single user.

P.S: You have yet to make a argument, I believe you don't even have a come back to my economic logic. Proving you really don't know economics, however I will await your logic filled reply.
I made the economic argument once, but I suppose it contained to many inferences. Here it is again, with more explanation.

Assuming 1 out of 15 of the purported pirates actually bought Crysis, that would have doubled Crytek's profits.

The more profitable something is, the more willing developers will be to put effort into the product. If Crysis's PC sales were double what they are, more labor and capital would have been deployed to make Crysis 2 for PC.

Because the market for console games is bigger than the market for PC games, labor and capital are deployed there, as has happened.

That is an economic argument. Nor was I trying to imply that piracy is the only reason why PC gaming doesn't get the attention we all wish it did.
My System
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz ASUS Maximus VI Hero Z87 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 16GB (2 x 8GB) G.Skill Trident X DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
750GB Samsung 840EVO 256GB Crucial M4 150GB Velociraptor 1TB Samsung F1 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus DRW-24B1ST Phanteks PH-TC14PE Win 10 64-bit 27" Qnix QX2710 96Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master QuickFire Ultimate Cooler Master V1000 1000W 80+ Gold Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Logitech G500s 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Func Surface 1030 Asus Xonar Essence STX M-Audia AV 40 Polk PSW10 Sub 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz ASUS Maximus VI Hero Z87 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 16GB (2 x 8GB) G.Skill Trident X DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
750GB Samsung 840EVO 256GB Crucial M4 150GB Velociraptor 1TB Samsung F1 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus DRW-24B1ST Phanteks PH-TC14PE Win 10 64-bit 27" Qnix QX2710 96Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master QuickFire Ultimate Cooler Master V1000 1000W 80+ Gold Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Logitech G500s 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Func Surface 1030 Asus Xonar Essence STX M-Audia AV 40 Polk PSW10 Sub 
  hide details  
Reply
post #410 of 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by smash_mouth01 View Post
I started playing games when I was 7, my parents never bought me a console because they saw it as a waste of money since we had a PC. My first ever console was a SEGA dreamcarst that I payed $1500 for and payed out at 16.
I am 27 years old now so I have seen my fair share of games, so that is 20 years of playing PC games.
Yes I do refer to them as kiddies because this porting crap wasn't such an issue until 2005
so that is 6 years thus compared to my 20 years on a PC, so yes console kiddies. But I also own a PS3 myself so I get that branding also.

Yes you are right games should be fun, that is no 1. But what you are suggesting negates the need of having a PC at all.
This is what grabs my goat more than anything else, what is the point if there is nothing that differentiates platforms at all?

I am not trying to look at this from a gaming or benchamarking view at all, we PC gamers are a small minority and we are getting smaller because of this.
I mean what if it gets to a point that developers stop developing for PC at all because what the PC can do the console can also?
So....you're calling console players kiddies because the developers chose to do a bad port? That makes no sense. Also, i think the PC gaming crowd tends to blame consoles, console players and the porting process for devs simply not polishing their games. Dead Space 2 MP is a prime example.

Those of us with both PCs and consoles should just do the smart thing if presented with a game that we like but dislike the company/the port job/ the lack of polish/etc. Don't pirate the next one, just GAMEFLY it. I hated how primitive the Dead Space 2 MP was so I plan on using Gamefly when DS 3 comes out. I hated how buggy Fallout 3 was so I plan on using Gamefly when the next Bethesda title comes out. You don't pirate, you don't give money to a dev that you think is halfassing it and you get to play.

If a dev stops developing for PC then so what?! It wasn't until the last decade that the major devs made games on PC anyways. There will always be devs to fill the void.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [myCrysis] Crysis 2: No SandBox3 editor, no advanced graphics config, no DX10/DX11!