Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Cevat Yerli. Why PC isn't important anymore?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cevat Yerli. Why PC isn't important anymore? - Page 5

post #41 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by amurph0 View Post
Your point?

He's not saying one is easier to pirate then the other, he's saying that pirating games on PC is more common then on consoles, despite the fact that there are FAR more consoles out there then Gaming PC's.

And this is true.
Yes it is, PC has direct access to the internet which consoles possibly will never have. If consoles had direct access to the internet to download content, they'll have even a bigger problem with piracy on consoles.
Render Bender
(10 items)
 
On The Move
(11 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel X5690 Xeon (12 Cores @ 3.46) Nvidia GTX 1070 64GB 1333MHz ECC DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 1TB x2 - RAID 0 
MonitorCaseAudio
Samsung UN40JU6700 40" 4K Curved Apple Mac Pro 2010 Klipsch 2.1 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core 2 Duo Nvidia GeForce 9400M 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Toshiba 500GB 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Mavericks 10.9 Dell U3011 Rosewill Mech Reds 2010 Unibody 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Multi-Touch Kilpsch 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Render Bender
(10 items)
 
On The Move
(11 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel X5690 Xeon (12 Cores @ 3.46) Nvidia GTX 1070 64GB 1333MHz ECC DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 1TB x2 - RAID 0 
MonitorCaseAudio
Samsung UN40JU6700 40" 4K Curved Apple Mac Pro 2010 Klipsch 2.1 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core 2 Duo Nvidia GeForce 9400M 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Toshiba 500GB 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Mavericks 10.9 Dell U3011 Rosewill Mech Reds 2010 Unibody 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Multi-Touch Kilpsch 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #42 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldExclusive View Post
Yes it is, PC has direct access to the internet which consoles possibly will never have. If consoles had direct access to the internet to download content, they'll have even a bigger problem with piracy on consoles.
Did you read what i said?

I'm not talking about which one is easier to pirate on, I'm talking about which is more common.

Also, both the PS3 and the Wii have internet access via their browsers. So what do you mean by direct internet access?

EDIT: I think i may have misunderstood your post. Are you giving a reason why my statement is true or are you just arguing the fact that PC pirating is easier???
Edited by amorph - 3/20/11 at 2:18am
Shinobi Build
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T ASUS Crosshair IV Formula Gainward 4GB GeForce GTX 770 Phantom 8GB (4x2GB) Patriot G-Series 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 64GB SSD 1TB Samsung F3 Corsair H100i Windows Ultimate 7 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE228H 21.5" 1920 x 1080 Saitek Cyborg V.7 Corsair HX1000W BitFenix Shinobi (Sound-dampened) 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Corsair M65 OcUK Mega Mat XXL Logitech F540 Logitech Z313 2.1 Speakers 
OtherOtherOtherOther
BitFenix Hydra Pro LED/Fan Controller Top: 2x 120mm Spectre Pro Blue LED Front: 2x 120mm Spectre Pro Black Rear: 120mm Bitfenix Spectre Black 
Other
Thrustmaster T.16000M Flightstick 
  hide details  
Reply
Shinobi Build
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T ASUS Crosshair IV Formula Gainward 4GB GeForce GTX 770 Phantom 8GB (4x2GB) Patriot G-Series 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 64GB SSD 1TB Samsung F3 Corsair H100i Windows Ultimate 7 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE228H 21.5" 1920 x 1080 Saitek Cyborg V.7 Corsair HX1000W BitFenix Shinobi (Sound-dampened) 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Corsair M65 OcUK Mega Mat XXL Logitech F540 Logitech Z313 2.1 Speakers 
OtherOtherOtherOther
BitFenix Hydra Pro LED/Fan Controller Top: 2x 120mm Spectre Pro Blue LED Front: 2x 120mm Spectre Pro Black Rear: 120mm Bitfenix Spectre Black 
Other
Thrustmaster T.16000M Flightstick 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 83
PC isn't important because consoles generate more money.
post #44 of 83
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCSarge View Post
hmmm i say big troll OP is:

the game case itself, says Copyright 2009 Crytek >.>

how can the game already be pirated a year before it was released? i call your BS OP
Not sure I follow.

Anyways, Crysis 2 will not be a breakthrough for PC gamers because Crytek had enough of piracy issue with Crysis 1. Cevat even said no single player would be released on PC in the future. I guess he put some water in his wine.
GrandMax's
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k 4.5GHz@1.250V Asus P8Z77-V PRO GTX 970 FTW G.SKILL CL7 Ripjaws 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x 1TB (Samsung F3 + Caviar Black) + Crucial M... Samsung SH-S223C 22X DVD Writer SATA Win7 64bit Samsung LN46D630 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wireless Corsair 850W Antec Nine Hundred Logitech M705 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer 5.1 DTS (800W + Yamaha Receiver). 15'' Subwoofer. 
  hide details  
Reply
GrandMax's
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k 4.5GHz@1.250V Asus P8Z77-V PRO GTX 970 FTW G.SKILL CL7 Ripjaws 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x 1TB (Samsung F3 + Caviar Black) + Crucial M... Samsung SH-S223C 22X DVD Writer SATA Win7 64bit Samsung LN46D630 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wireless Corsair 850W Antec Nine Hundred Logitech M705 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer 5.1 DTS (800W + Yamaha Receiver). 15'' Subwoofer. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMax View Post
Not sure I follow.

Anyways, Crysis 2 will not be a breakthrough for PC gamers because Crytek had enough of piracy issue with Crysis 1. Cevat even said no single player would be released on PC in the future. I guess he put some water in his wine.
Crysis sold over 3 million copies, that's damn impressive.

People bought it because Crytek's previous game (Far Cry) was graphically impressive, same goes for Crysis.

Crysis 2 has nothing new in terms of graphics. It's downgraded to DX9 and moved location to another generic city in rubble.

Not to mention the suit has been FUBAR'd

Of course, you can slide, such an important feature Pretty sure Far Cry 2 had that first
post #46 of 83
Sorry, but devs don't lose anywhere near as much money on games as they'd like you to think. Just like the RIAA and MPAA. They make their figures up to enhance their case against piracy.

Crytek do not know that their games could sell 3-4 times as well on the console because they've never had a console game. They also ignore the fact that their game is going to be pirated to hell and back on the 360. It will be pirated JUST AS MUCH!

So all these stories of the PC being to blame for piracy or the PC being the weakest part of the equation is plain rubbish.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #47 of 83
Well I'm tired of spending $800 - $1000 on upgrades to my PC every two years just to get slighted by game developers, and I am sure a lot of you are too.

I have an idea. Let Nvidia and ATI begin financing the development of new games or let them suffer dwindling sales by having enthusiasts not upgrade our video cards. I mean, why the hell do we spend all this money on hardware when there is nobody left that even gives a crap about what is played on it?
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X4 955  Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P Sapphire HD 6950 Sapphire HD 6950 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G-Skill Mushkin Callisto Deluxe WD Black LG Supermulti 
CoolingOSKeyboardPower
Rasa Black CPU water block. Rasa X20 pump/res c... Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Deck Legend Fire mechanical with Cherry Black s... Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1200W modular PSU. 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Storm Scout Logitech MX-518 Logitech Wireless headset for gaming and 100w M... 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X4 955  Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P Sapphire HD 6950 Sapphire HD 6950 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G-Skill Mushkin Callisto Deluxe WD Black LG Supermulti 
CoolingOSKeyboardPower
Rasa Black CPU water block. Rasa X20 pump/res c... Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Deck Legend Fire mechanical with Cherry Black s... Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1200W modular PSU. 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Storm Scout Logitech MX-518 Logitech Wireless headset for gaming and 100w M... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #48 of 83
Sorry haven't read it all but I did read somewhere that pc gaming was up 19% sales wise over consoles....
Desktop
(13 items)
 
   
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A9 ULP GeForce 1 GB RAM 32GB Storage 
OSMonitor
Android OS, v3.0 (Honeycomb) 800 x 1280 pixels, 8.9 inches PLS TFT 
  hide details  
Reply
Desktop
(13 items)
 
   
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A9 ULP GeForce 1 GB RAM 32GB Storage 
OSMonitor
Android OS, v3.0 (Honeycomb) 800 x 1280 pixels, 8.9 inches PLS TFT 
  hide details  
Reply
post #49 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyOverclocker View Post
Well I'm tired of spending $800 - $1000 on upgrades to my PC every two years just to get slighted by game developers, and I am sure a lot of you are too.

I have an idea. Let Nvidia and ATI begin financing the development of new games or let them suffer dwindling sales by having enthusiasts not upgrade our video cards. I mean, why the hell do we spend all this money on hardware when there is nobody left that even gives a crap about what is played on it?
I actually would agree on this if we had the power for this to happen...but sadly I dont' see this happening anytime soon....
your statement also reminds me of when someone here said imagine if AMD and nvidia became game devs in the future in the "death of DirectX" thread some time ago
post #50 of 83
I think what it comes down to is this....

Developers and publishers, as companies, exist to make money. Development staff probably enjoys playing and making games, as many of them could probably make more money with their skills in other industries. However, they still want to get paid for what they are doing. If we want good titles on the PC, instead of crappy ports from consoles, then we need to show the industry that the PC is still a great market to develop for. When consoles already sell more copies of a game than the PC, it just adds insult to injury from a developers point of view to see their game getting pirated like crazy. This just discourages them more from investing in the PC again in the future.

If you like the PC as a gaming platform and want to see better games developed for the PC, then buy your games.

EDIT: For anyone who missed it the first time:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...ts/2653-Piracy
Scream Machine
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770K Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H EVGA GTX 780 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256GB Samsung 840 Pro Kraken X60 Windows 7 Shimian 2560x1440 
Case
Phantom 630 
  hide details  
Reply
Scream Machine
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770K Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H EVGA GTX 780 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256GB Samsung 840 Pro Kraken X60 Windows 7 Shimian 2560x1440 
Case
Phantom 630 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Cevat Yerli. Why PC isn't important anymore?