Overclock.net banner

About to purchase. Any reason not to? (MSI 460 1GB.)

310 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  v639dragoon 
#1 ·
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=14-127-551&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=50&PurchaseMark=true&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&chkPurchaseMark=on&Keywords=%28keywords%29#scrollFullInfo

Only issue seems to be a weird fan setting and that it gets kind of loud. That's not too big a deal for me, and for the price ($146 after rebate), coupled with two games, a factory overclock, and a great brand name (MSI, meaning reliability with regard to RMA-ing and all that), and coupled with the fact that I only want to use the card for maybe a year (after which I'll pawn it off to a friend for $60~, and he only plays on a 1280x1024 monitor, so yeah), I can't think of a good reason not to get this.

Thoughts before I plunge?

It doesn't look like it's the SE version, and it's obviously not the 768 VRAM version, but for the price, it seems like a great deal!

#5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Overclocker;12817236
I play at 1680x1050. Again, though, this is temporary, and I was still pretty happy with my 8800GTS. And yes, I don't really want to go above $150.

Also: Why the 768 version?
If this is very temporary, he is suggesting the 768mb, because at that resolution, unless your playing some ridiculous games at maxed settings, your probably not going to run out of vram. If you did try this, it would be so slow fps that it wouldn't be worth playing.

I would probably splurge for the 1gb because it will carry a slightly higher resale value with it if that ever means anything down the road. With most rebates you can probably nab one for the same cost as the higher end 768mb ones.

If your staying under $150, its really your only choice.

#6 ·
Well, by "temporary," I really mean about 6-8 months. And I can sell the JC2 and Mafia II games to someone I know, too, so that brings me down as well.

Anyway, I bought it, AND I WILL BE FOREVER HAPPY WITH MY DECISION

(Or at least I will rationalize it from now until the end of time)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.