Overclock.net banner

Crysis 2 error 1004

4K views 63 replies 21 participants last post by  XxG3nexX 
#1 ·

This is a retail copy from Walmart.

See less See more
#2 ·
That sux! Kinda figured!

On an off topic where did u get that background its epic!

#4 ·
Its locked until they decide to officially unlock it.

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jfizz84
View Post

Yea and whats worse is the release date is slated for the 22nd,which it now officially is. Thought it would unlock at midnight but guess not.

Maybe 22nd PST?

#7 ·
#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kora04
View Post

Maybe 22nd PST?

Hmm quite possible. I'll give it til 3AM. Doesn't matter at this point really cuz I will not be waiting til it installs. I'll just let it install and go to bed so won't be able to play til after I wake up anyways.

#11 ·
Damn really?!?! They should at least let us download it from the EA website downloader and install it. Than activate the servers when they want. I dont want to have to wait for everyone trying to download it at the same time I am, will take forever....

#12 ·
Ya will be interesting to see how steam handles all the DLs at once. Seems it wasnt the best idea on thier part.

#14 ·
Ya I shouldn't be getting too upset about this but because I've waited for quite a while and expected to be able to play this when I got it... fkin ridiculous. Beyond ridiculous actually. I've never purchased a piece of software and had something tell me "oh wait... you can't play until I say."

#15 ·
Indeed, I ordered it from the EA site directly. Hopefully it's not like the old days when a new big patch was released for wow and it'd take 5 hours to download the thing lol. Anyways I think we should change the topic a bit.

A quick question, what ports should I open for crysis 2? During the demo it said I had a Nat: Moderate; my nat is open for xbox and whatnot, seems strange.

#18 ·

#21 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veranor
View Post

Ya I shouldn't be getting too upset about this but because I've waited for quite a while and expected to be able to play this when I got it... fkin ridiculous. Beyond ridiculous actually. I've never purchased a piece of software and had something tell me "oh wait... you can't play until I say."

Really? Steam does this often. I had CoD:BO at midnight from D2D, Steam didn't activate until 10AM.
This could be EA holding back the time for everyone, not just Steam.

#22 ·
That convo is epic!

#25 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazloisdavrock
View Post

read this conversation, lol

http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewt...10740&start=10

Wow. That guy takes life too seriously. The official launch is at 10AM. I guess they should have started selling those copies after 10AM, which the blame should go on the store for having a midnight release, not EA. Digital owners copy will unlock at the official time, along with retail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.