Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Rockstar games and PC gaming. Not happening anymore?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rockstar games and PC gaming. Not happening anymore? - Page 6

post #51 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Pat__ View Post
Do you guys even read the posts before?
It must convenient for you to just ignore everyone who doesn't agree with you.

1)It's easy to buy an already modded console
2)You won't be playing online so no getting busted (@facepalm. you do realize PCs are used in multiplayer also?)
3)Microsoft has almost no power to fine people in areas where console piracy does exist.
4)You don't have to download anything. A game dvd is obtained between $1-$3 from a shop down the street.
What exactly is your argument?
No one is saying that pirating doesn't exist on consoles or that it can't be done.
Circumstances you're describing are options available to some, but not in most parts of the world that DO have laws against pirating or shops that cater to it. But this is besides the point.
The side topic for some reason has become, "Where does pirating flourish most" in the gaming world. What should be the obvious answer is PC, because one doesn't have to research hacks, chips, or go to a shop that mod's pc's to accept pirated software. But the truth of the matter is, no one knows for certain because there are too many variables. How can one certainly gauge who uses pirated games most whether on the PC or Console based on downloads from torrent sites? A friend could easily pass a copy over to another friend or these shops you speak of that sell burnt copies of pirated downloads. The list can go on and on. So the numbers will always be ball park estimates.

Regardless, whether it is easy or not to purchase a modded console in other countries is irrelevant in comparison to the ease of using pirated software on PC's around the world with no modifications what so ever.
Cherry Popper
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 870 Asus P7P55D-E Pro 1GB GTX 460 SLi G.skill Ripjaw 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint 1TB/320GB/Corsair SDD 32GB 24x CD/DVD Win 7 64bit 25" HP 2509m 3ms (GTG) 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX750W SilverStone FT02B-W Logitech G700 & Logitech M510 
  hide details  
Reply
Cherry Popper
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 870 Asus P7P55D-E Pro 1GB GTX 460 SLi G.skill Ripjaw 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint 1TB/320GB/Corsair SDD 32GB 24x CD/DVD Win 7 64bit 25" HP 2509m 3ms (GTG) 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX750W SilverStone FT02B-W Logitech G700 & Logitech M510 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52 of 57
Wanna know something funny, guys?


Fallout: New Vegas was up for torrent for 360 a week BEFORE release. The PC version didn't hit TPB until a week AFTER release.


Now you tell me which platform has it worse...

Quote:
Originally Posted by facepalm View Post
well it takes few hours to download a pc game from a torrent and its just within two dats of its release...nd also u can play online
No, you can't play online, and no it isn't always available.
Boot to the Head!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon64 X2 4200+ @ stock Epox 9NPA+SLI XFX 8800GS 384 4x1GB G.Skill DDR400 @ stock 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
120GB WD + 1TB WD GP + 320GB WD AAJS Mystery DVD-RW Vista Ultimate x64! ViewSonic P220F CRT + KDS 15" CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
$3 Compaq keyboard with pretty aluminum finish ThermalTake PurePower 500W Rosewill R230-P-BK Wired Optical 
Mouse Pad
Table. Mouse pads are overrated 
  hide details  
Reply
Boot to the Head!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon64 X2 4200+ @ stock Epox 9NPA+SLI XFX 8800GS 384 4x1GB G.Skill DDR400 @ stock 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
120GB WD + 1TB WD GP + 320GB WD AAJS Mystery DVD-RW Vista Ultimate x64! ViewSonic P220F CRT + KDS 15" CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
$3 Compaq keyboard with pretty aluminum finish ThermalTake PurePower 500W Rosewill R230-P-BK Wired Optical 
Mouse Pad
Table. Mouse pads are overrated 
  hide details  
Reply
post #53 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedmonwakin View Post
What exactly is your argument?
No one is saying that pirating doesn't exist on consoles or that it can't be done.
Circumstances you're describing are options available to some, but not in most parts of the world that DO have laws against pirating or shops that cater to it. But this is besides the point.
The side topic for some reason has become, "Where does pirating flourish most" in the gaming world. What should be the obvious answer is PC, because one doesn't have to research hacks, chips, or go to a shop that mod's pc's to accept pirated software. But the truth of the matter is, no one knows for certain because there are too many variables. How can one certainly gauge who uses pirated games most whether on the PC or Console based on downloads from torrent sites? A friend could easily pass a copy over to another friend or these shops you speak of that sell burnt copies of pirated downloads. The list can go on and on. So the numbers will always be ball park estimates.


Regardless, whether it is easy or not to purchase a modded console in other countries is irrelevant in comparison to the ease of using pirated software on PC's around the world with no modifications what so ever.
But they are saying it is negligible. It is more or less as you say, that no one truly knows for sure. But console fan boys around here act like piracy is only a problem on PC, and the point I'm trying to make is that its on the consoles and in large scale as well, so developers can't use that as an excuse for not developing on PC.

The problem is not having the laws. Here there are laws against piracy as well. Unfortunately they are rarely implemented even in most countries with the exception of first world countries who only make up a small portion compared to the numerous other countries that don't.


And you are really over estimating PC users. As a poster already said, most PC users are no 'smarter' than console users. You won't believe how many people I know don't have a clue what a 'torrent' is, and many of them are gamers. These are the same users that fall for internet scams, get viruses on their PC, etc... You have been hanging around this forum too much if you think PC users are as intelligent as you think they are
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #54 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Pat__ View Post
But they are saying it is negligible. It is more or less as you say, that no one truly knows for sure. But console fan boys around here act like piracy is only a problem on PC, and the point I'm trying to make is that its on the consoles and in large scale as well, so developers can't use that as an excuse for not developing on PC.

The problem is not having the laws. Here there are laws against piracy as well. Unfortunately they are rarely implemented even in most countries with the exception of first world countries who only make up a small portion compared to the numerous other countries that don't.


And you are really over estimating PC users. As a poster already said, most PC users are no 'smarter' than console users. You won't believe how many people I know don't have a clue what a 'torrent' is, and many of them are gamers. These are the same users that fall for internet scams, get viruses on their PC, etc... You have been hanging around this forum too much if you think PC users are as intelligent as you think they are
Gotcha.
Cherry Popper
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 870 Asus P7P55D-E Pro 1GB GTX 460 SLi G.skill Ripjaw 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint 1TB/320GB/Corsair SDD 32GB 24x CD/DVD Win 7 64bit 25" HP 2509m 3ms (GTG) 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX750W SilverStone FT02B-W Logitech G700 & Logitech M510 
  hide details  
Reply
Cherry Popper
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 870 Asus P7P55D-E Pro 1GB GTX 460 SLi G.skill Ripjaw 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint 1TB/320GB/Corsair SDD 32GB 24x CD/DVD Win 7 64bit 25" HP 2509m 3ms (GTG) 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX750W SilverStone FT02B-W Logitech G700 & Logitech M510 
  hide details  
Reply
post #55 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedmonwakin View Post
Gotcha.
Red handed?
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #56 of 57
People say downloading and playing games on pc is easy....i say not necessarily.
I have seen too many guys who download the iso's off the torrent sites then comment about it not working because they dont even know what a crack is.....
and some of u here might be knowing about how most of the people who play pirated stuff were not able to crack assassins creed 2 due to its server emulation complex cracking system.....
and ya i agree to the previous post most of the pc users r as noob as the console ones...
so there , its just a lame excuse given by all the gaming factions(i mean companies)....

And just think about it , in todays world where u can learn anything using google...how hard would it be for a console gamer or pc gamer for the matter of fact to mod and crack there games.....
post #57 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMallory View Post
Read the rest of my post

On PC you can download and install right on the spot. On consoles you have to modify the console's hardware/software, download the game, and buy the proper brand/type of disc to burn it on and burn it.

Nobody's saying piracy on consoles doesn't exist...it's just a lot easier to do on PC and as a result is more common.
It's just as common. Just because it seems more straightforward on a PC doesn't automatically make it more common. Anyone who owns a console that wants to pirate games will learn how and do it. It's that simple.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TestECull View Post
Wanna know something funny, guys?


Fallout: New Vegas was up for torrent for 360 a week BEFORE release. The PC version didn't hit TPB until a week AFTER release.


Now you tell me which platform has it worse...
Same with Borderlands. I was waiting for the release on Steam while I saw people uploading videos to YouTube of them playing the beginning stages of the game.
Edited by Prox - 3/23/11 at 4:45pm
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q9550 @3.71GHz ASUS Rampage Formula x48 EVGA GTX 570 Corsair Dominator 4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
OCZ Vertex 2 120GB, WD Black 1TB, WD Blue 640GB Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell U2410 Corsair HX1000 
Case
Cooler Master HAF-X 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q9550 @3.71GHz ASUS Rampage Formula x48 EVGA GTX 570 Corsair Dominator 4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
OCZ Vertex 2 120GB, WD Black 1TB, WD Blue 640GB Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell U2410 Corsair HX1000 
Case
Cooler Master HAF-X 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Rockstar games and PC gaming. Not happening anymore?