Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › 6950 flash gone wrong :(
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

6950 flash gone wrong :( - Page 3

post #21 of 24
PCB is powercolor, that's the problem.

I have this card and I can not mutate. The only way possible (but not sure) is with the bios of the 6970 dual-fan PC + + no, but it is very difficult to achieve: (
Edited by eKeR - 3/29/11 at 12:42pm
post #22 of 24
Don't use the 6970 flash on your 6950, use the 6950 mod. It's not the clock rates that hurt it, it's the memory voltages.
post #23 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengie25 View Post
Don't use the 6970 flash on your 6950, use the 6950 mod. It's not the clock rates that hurt it, it's the memory voltages.
Agreed, it is much better to use the unlocker only, not the 6970 bios. However, since his card seems to work fine when the bios switch is set to #2, I would say he hasn't actually fried his card. If he had, he would have issues with the failsafe bios too.
Sandraper
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-2500k Sandy Bridge Asus P8P67 Pro GTX 670 2x4GB Gskill 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Kingston SSD-Now 64GB Samsung dvd drive Windows 7 64bit 3 x Iiyama B2712HDS 27 inch monitors 
PowerCase
Coolermaster Silent Pro 850w Antec P180b/P182 (same thing?) 
  hide details  
Reply
Sandraper
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-2500k Sandy Bridge Asus P8P67 Pro GTX 670 2x4GB Gskill 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Kingston SSD-Now 64GB Samsung dvd drive Windows 7 64bit 3 x Iiyama B2712HDS 27 inch monitors 
PowerCase
Coolermaster Silent Pro 850w Antec P180b/P182 (same thing?) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengie25 View Post
Don't use the 6970 flash on your 6950, use the 6950 mod. It's not the clock rates that hurt it, it's the memory voltages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chieftex View Post
Agreed, it is much better to use the unlocker only, not the 6970 bios. However, since his card seems to work fine when the bios switch is set to #2, I would say he hasn't actually fried his card. If he had, he would have issues with the failsafe bios too.
^^^
Follow the thread, and besides the dude already returned the card and got a 6970.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eKeR View Post
PCB is powercolor, that's the problem.

I have this card and I can not mutate. The only way possible (but not sure) is with the bios of the 6970 dual-fan PC + + no, but it is very difficult to achieve: (
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › 6950 flash gone wrong :(