Originally Posted by CovertCover
Doesn't DX10 run on cards such as the HD4xxx and the nVidia 2xx series? Or the nVidia 8xxx + series cards? (im not too sure of this).
I know that XP doesnt support DX11, but does it support DX10? Or was that only Vista?
Yes, we know that many computers still dont have the hardware for DX10/11 but such is the way of progress. As soon as developers man up and stop supporting old outdated tech, we will finally start to see an improvement in graphics tech.
This is how technology progresses, by screwing the people who refuse to change.
Ya, DX10 has only been supported since Vista. XP is still DX9 only. I like your thinking on the bolded part.
Only problem is that they make less money than they could have made. I applaud a company for not always looking at the bottom line though...or at least pretending not to look.
1. Technology progresses
2. Games are implemented only with this tech
3. People are forced to upgrade
4. New consoles released sooner
5. Profit for hardware and software(M$) manufacturers
6. Profit for developers later beings first few games will probably not sell as much while people are upgrading.
7. Everything and everybody is future-proof for 1 year.Edited by jbobb - 3/23/11 at 1:37pm