Originally Posted by CULLEN
So basically today me and my co-workers were officially forced to quit using Chrome(and any other browser), and at the same time forced to use IE8 (we've got XP on our computers and IE9 isn't available for XP).
So we are rounding up every single pro's / con's about IE8 and Chrome, and why we should use Chrome.
Our "boss's" argument is that IE8:
- has much better compatibility than Chrome.
- its safer.
- we are only against IE because we are against the browser that is the most spread. (not true)
- and last and probably least, its "just as good as Chrome"..
Our argument to not use IE8
- over the 3 months we used IE (before we starting using Chrome @ work), we had never seen so many "ie has stop working" errors. (not a great argument, but its true)
- Chrome is faster and safer. (we cant verify that Chrome is safer but for the fact that Google offered $20,000 to the one who could hack the browser has got to say something
- Using the url bar for Google speed things up while now we've got to use Bing unless we go to google.com first and than search, but time is money.
Feel free to join the argument, give me reasons to use IE instead of Chrome and the other way around..
IE8 has the least compatibility of ANY browser.
IE8 is the LEAST safe browser and using it will most likely nab you a shiny new virus.
I do believe most inexperianced computer users use IE8 and thats why most have virus'.
IE8 is the SLOWEST browser out there google browser benchmarks.
IE8 has MANY stability issues.
Chrome is proven to be faster AND safer than IE8.
Google is by far the best search engine and Bing is terrible and it takes forever to find something with it.
There is NO good reason to use IE8. IE8 is the worst piece of junk.
Now if you downloaded IE9 than I would have to say use that as it is now the fastest browser.