Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [VGHQ] George Hotz Runs Away to South America
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[VGHQ] George Hotz Runs Away to South America - Page 18  

post #171 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1nUrThr3t View Post
read two post above you. Ive read his stuff since back when he jailbroke the iphone. You are just new to all this cause of the sony case. Dont be ignorant.
he didnt show people how to pirate games. Others did that on their own.
Yeah after reading a bit I see your point, well said, except the moron part, no need to go troll on people like that...

Even though, I'd have to say, if he is innocent, why is he fleeing?

Obviously him trying to protect his data shouts that there are other issues he is trying to hide...

I really wouldn't be worried if I was him, truly. Just do a wipe on the drives after stashing the data somewhere else and hand them over, the worst that could happen to this kid is he is convicted of a felony, may serve some time in jail/prison, gets out, life resumes as if Sony never happened... The courts may be able to press the pause button on you, but they can't really collect fines & judgements, though they will ruin his credit over all of this, truly, though that won't stop him from getting loans and making money...

They could garnish his wages, but only if he has a normal job, but if he gets a felony, that will most likely not be the case.. He may be forced to start his own corporation to protect his assets & money, though it's not like the rich & smart people of the world don't do this all the time anyway, so in the end Sony may get a measly $10/ month payment at best...

I really would love to hear the end of this GeoHot drama, truly...
Edited by _GTech - 3/23/11 at 11:05am
The Rock
(15 items)
 
  
The Rock
(15 items)
 
  
post #172 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyOverclocker View Post
The biggest reason he is such a deserving smacktard is that he tried to capitalize on it. Other than that, he blatantly and openly flaunted the fact that it was him in the forums when he was getting a ton of props from people. He left a paper trail of the place where he got the PS3 that he used on an account made in his name.

Who feels sorry for this idiot?
I don't, but it is apparent ignorant l33t u53rs th1nk5 h3 15 g0d.
Mine
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
PNY CS1311 480GB SSD Barracuda 500 WD 1000 WD 1000 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 POWER 73.6 CFM Windows 10 Acer S277HK 27" 4K Acer 23" 1080p 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 23" 1080p Razer Black Widow Ultimate EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Corsair 330R Titanium Edition ATX 
Mouse
Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex 
  hide details  
Mine
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
PNY CS1311 480GB SSD Barracuda 500 WD 1000 WD 1000 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 POWER 73.6 CFM Windows 10 Acer S277HK 27" 4K Acer 23" 1080p 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 23" 1080p Razer Black Widow Ultimate EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Corsair 330R Titanium Edition ATX 
Mouse
Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex 
  hide details  
post #173 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyOverclocker View Post
The biggest reason he is such a deserving smacktard is that he tried to capitalize on it. Other than that, he blatantly and openly flaunted the fact that it was him in the forums when he was getting a ton of props from people. He left a paper trail of the place where he got the PS3 that he used on an account made in his name.

Who feels sorry for this idiot?
how did he capitalize on it. He never sold anything.....
he flaunted that he was able to jailbreak the ps3 such as people do with new phone? well your argument is perfect.
post #174 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1nUrThr3t View Post
Thats not the case because he made the same statements before all this sony stuff even started. Even before the lock down of other OS. He showed people how to have homebrew and made a statement he will never give out the code to allow piracy of the games, because that takes away from the developers and programmers hard work.
Lol right. So because I state a few months before I rob the world's largest bank that I hate thieves and would never steal anything in my life, my statement should be held totally credible according to your standard. AWESOME sense of logic.
Gaming Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k, 4.6GHz, 1.304v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 2x Sapphire HD7970 OC with Boost, 1150 MHz/1550... 2x4GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 750GB HD753LJ Samsung F3 ASUS 24X DVD Combo Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua DH14 Windows 8 Professional x64 Crossover 27Q 27" IPS LED, 2560x1440 Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 Cooler Master HAF932 Logitech G500 Custom 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty 2x Dayton B652 Bookshelf Dayton DTA-100A Amplifier Dayton 12" SUB-1200 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Gaming Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k, 4.6GHz, 1.304v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 2x Sapphire HD7970 OC with Boost, 1150 MHz/1550... 2x4GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 750GB HD753LJ Samsung F3 ASUS 24X DVD Combo Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua DH14 Windows 8 Professional x64 Crossover 27Q 27" IPS LED, 2560x1440 Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 Cooler Master HAF932 Logitech G500 Custom 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty 2x Dayton B652 Bookshelf Dayton DTA-100A Amplifier Dayton 12" SUB-1200 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
post #175 of 260
I guess he wanted donations for his plane ticket..
Uncle Blazer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Phenom II 965 C3 Gigabyte GA-790FXTA-UD5 Radeon HD 5870 Radeon HD 5870 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Sniper DDR3 Crucial C300 SSD Western Digital Caviar Blue Enzotech/HW Labs Custom Water Loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 HP LED 23" 1080P Razer Lycosa Corsair HX850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master HAF 932 Logitech G5 Razer Goliathus Speed Creative X-Fi Fatality Series/Sennheiser HD555 
  hide details  
Uncle Blazer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Phenom II 965 C3 Gigabyte GA-790FXTA-UD5 Radeon HD 5870 Radeon HD 5870 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Sniper DDR3 Crucial C300 SSD Western Digital Caviar Blue Enzotech/HW Labs Custom Water Loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 HP LED 23" 1080P Razer Lycosa Corsair HX850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master HAF 932 Logitech G5 Razer Goliathus Speed Creative X-Fi Fatality Series/Sennheiser HD555 
  hide details  
post #176 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by _GTech View Post
Yeah after reading a bit I see your point, well said, except the moron part, no need to go troll on people like that...

Even though, I'd have to say, if he is innocent, why is he fleeing?

Obviously him trying to protect his data shouts that there are other issues he is trying to hide...
i didnt imply the moron to everyone. I do agree that fleeing is def a dumb choice, but hes a scared kid, what do you expect lol.

I personally believe that his data is his and there should be no call for it. He admitted to doing what he did but sony is trying to do more. I think he can save people by fleeing and keeping his info. Sony has request info on all people who ever posted on his FB or twitter and they got what they wanted. What makes you think this kid has a chance to win anything. Everything is already going Sony's way before trial even started.
post #177 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Pyros View Post
Well to set the tax thing straight, I wasn't implying that he would get in trouble for tax evasion. I was just stating that tax evasion is a crime, and I thought trial evasion would be as well. Riou claims that it is not, but this case shows otherwise. He was undergoing civil trials after his separation from his wife, to support her and their son. He evaded the trial and was arrested for evasion.
Gotcha on the tax thing

Interesting case that you sourced and good point. Seems like there are loopholes in everything, which doesn't surprise me.
post #178 of 260
I still find it odd that no one else has reported on this.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 OC 4.2Ghz HT/on 1.35Vt MSI Big Bang X-Power 2x MSI 570 Twin Frozr II SLI 12GB G.Skill 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial 128GB SSD - Intel 40GB SSD -2 WD 540GB R0 Asus DVD RW /CD RD Win 7 Ultimate Acer 23" P243W 
PowerCase
Corsair AX 1200 HAF X 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 OC 4.2Ghz HT/on 1.35Vt MSI Big Bang X-Power 2x MSI 570 Twin Frozr II SLI 12GB G.Skill 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial 128GB SSD - Intel 40GB SSD -2 WD 540GB R0 Asus DVD RW /CD RD Win 7 Ultimate Acer 23" P243W 
PowerCase
Corsair AX 1200 HAF X 
  hide details  
post #179 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Pyros View Post
Lol right. So because I state a few months before I rob the world's largest bank that I hate thieves and would never steal anything in my life, my statement should be held totally credible according to your standard. Awesome.
Your obviously new to geohot and what he does. You prob think people that make homebrew and mod systems are all pirating hackers. Bravo.
You'r point has been proven.
post #180 of 260
I seriously laughed my ass off when I read the title. I was skeptical, hoping it was a joke. Man, was I wrong...

Damn, this thread blew up. Hundreds of posts in like three hours, and 74 people currently viewing the thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [VGHQ] George Hotz Runs Away to South America