Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [CVG]Crysis 2 PC players unlock graphics options
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[CVG]Crysis 2 PC players unlock graphics options - Page 5  

post #41 of 159
Not sure what people are complaining about, whats wrong with having preset graphic options, hardcore mode looks good. I think people are complaining because they can't play at those preset settings, well if they can't play good, upgrade. If you can't upgrade, don't play it. I don't crysis 2 is all that anyways, not worth 60 dollars ( well no pc game is ) , so i will wait for a price drop for 19.99.
Xeon 2017
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon X3220 @ 2.40GHz Kentsfield 65nm Tech... Dell Inc. 0GX297 (Microprocessor) PNY GTX 550 TI 1GB GDDR5 4GB DDR2 Memory 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
500GB WD+External 500GB WD Super Ritemaster Speed Plus DVD Speed fan Software+Stock Cooler Fan Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LCD Acer 21inch Monitor HP Black Keyboard Thermaltake 430 PSU Dell Optiplex 745 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Dynex Grey and Black Mouse Air National Guard  Diamond C-Media PCI Audio Device 
  hide details  
Xeon 2017
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon X3220 @ 2.40GHz Kentsfield 65nm Tech... Dell Inc. 0GX297 (Microprocessor) PNY GTX 550 TI 1GB GDDR5 4GB DDR2 Memory 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
500GB WD+External 500GB WD Super Ritemaster Speed Plus DVD Speed fan Software+Stock Cooler Fan Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LCD Acer 21inch Monitor HP Black Keyboard Thermaltake 430 PSU Dell Optiplex 745 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Dynex Grey and Black Mouse Air National Guard  Diamond C-Media PCI Audio Device 
  hide details  
post #42 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hephasteus View Post
God I hate bloom and hdr. It makes games look like you got a frikkin serious eye problem or your on drugs.
A little bit of bloom goes a long way.

Bloom obviously being peyote
post #43 of 159
screenies vs hardcore/advanced? (very high/extreme)
post #44 of 159
LOL at all the moaning.

I'm a big BC2 online fan/player and i'm very critical of all other shooters/engines.

This game is good.

The graphics are good.

Its not a huge leap in tech but who cares because its still a good game.

The story line is better than the original.

We can all push our cards to their limits with BF3 when it comes out, just enjoy a new good game in the meantime, jeez.
My Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K ASUS P8Z68-V 2x EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x WD Black 1TB 2x WD Green 2TB LITEON Sata DVD Burner Windows 7 Professional 64Bit 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS X4 CORSAIR HX 1000W HAF932 Deathadder 3g 
Mouse Pad
None 
  hide details  
My Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K ASUS P8Z68-V 2x EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x WD Black 1TB 2x WD Green 2TB LITEON Sata DVD Burner Windows 7 Professional 64Bit 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS X4 CORSAIR HX 1000W HAF932 Deathadder 3g 
Mouse Pad
None 
  hide details  
post #45 of 159
I give it a 8.5/10. Single player is really good despite it being very COD-like with scripted events and linear game play. Graphics is awesome for what it is, which is DX9. I haven't seen a better DX9 game out there.
x58
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
920 D0 (#3845B260) 4.2Ghz / HT on 1.3v Asus P6T Deluxe v2 Sapphire 7950 3GB 8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SSD 840 Evo 1TB Swiftech H20-220 Edge Win10 x64 Dell U2410 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
LZ-MX Mini Corsair HX850 Silverstone TJ-09B Corsair Harpoon 
Audio
ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
x58
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
920 D0 (#3845B260) 4.2Ghz / HT on 1.3v Asus P6T Deluxe v2 Sapphire 7950 3GB 8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SSD 840 Evo 1TB Swiftech H20-220 Edge Win10 x64 Dell U2410 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
LZ-MX Mini Corsair HX850 Silverstone TJ-09B Corsair Harpoon 
Audio
ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
post #46 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by calavera View Post
I haven't seen a better DX9 game out there.
The original maybe?
Scampi
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k @4.7GHz ASUS P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 MSI GTX 470 @ 800/1600/1750 12GB (3x4GB) Patriot Signature DDR3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
160GB VelociRaptor Samsung F4 Western Digital Caviar Green Asus Blu-Ray Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sony Optiarc Black DVD+R Drive Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional Samsung 2343BWX 23" 2048x1152 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
SteelSeries 6Gv2 Seasonic M12II 620w NZXT Lexa S Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
SteelSeries Qck Creative X-Fi Titanium Sound Card Grado SR60i Headphones 
  hide details  
Scampi
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k @4.7GHz ASUS P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 MSI GTX 470 @ 800/1600/1750 12GB (3x4GB) Patriot Signature DDR3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
160GB VelociRaptor Samsung F4 Western Digital Caviar Green Asus Blu-Ray Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sony Optiarc Black DVD+R Drive Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional Samsung 2343BWX 23" 2048x1152 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
SteelSeries 6Gv2 Seasonic M12II 620w NZXT Lexa S Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
SteelSeries Qck Creative X-Fi Titanium Sound Card Grado SR60i Headphones 
  hide details  
post #47 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimp View Post
The original maybe?
Crysis 1 does NOT look better than Crysis 2 WITHOUT the mods.

If you say it does then you haven't played Crysis 2, simple

Even when Crysis 1 is modded, Crysis 2 still holds it's own and looks dam good for DX9
My Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K ASUS P8Z68-V 2x EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x WD Black 1TB 2x WD Green 2TB LITEON Sata DVD Burner Windows 7 Professional 64Bit 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS X4 CORSAIR HX 1000W HAF932 Deathadder 3g 
Mouse Pad
None 
  hide details  
My Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K ASUS P8Z68-V 2x EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x WD Black 1TB 2x WD Green 2TB LITEON Sata DVD Burner Windows 7 Professional 64Bit 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS X4 CORSAIR HX 1000W HAF932 Deathadder 3g 
Mouse Pad
None 
  hide details  
post #48 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by TestECull View Post
But hey, at least I'm actually having fun with my 'crappy' rig. Better than people like you who are whinging because they can't justify all that credit card debt.

It's sad, actually, how some people(Like you) spazz out over a game's graphics and completely ignore what a game actually is. You'd be just as well off playing a movie.

Oh, and by the way, I had plenty of fun playing Crysis 1. Ran fine, too, beat the whole game at 1600x1200(See I know you graphics whores like things like that, so wrap your head around how my rig managed that while I sit back and have fun playing another, better game). I'll pick up a used copy of Crysis 2 sometime soon, or if it's a Steamworks game(Honestly don't know, too much whinging about the graphics for me wade through) then I'll get it when it's on sale.

No offense but the reason you aren't as mad as some of us are about and the reason we're so critical is because WE EXPERIENCE eye-candy with our rigs. We expect it. That's what PC gaming is all about - eye candy and frame rates leagues beyond that of consoles.

It sounds like the PC is not for you.

I guarantee if you had a rig capable of maxing out Crysis, your tone would be completely different.
i7k
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Asrock z87 Extreme6 Gigabyte 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 2TB Seagate Barracuda LP 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2TB Seagate Barracuda Deepcool Assassin Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung KS8000 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll ASUS VG248QE SAMSUNG 2433BW Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III Series 850W Corsair 750D Logitech G600 Creative Sound Blaster Z 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 380 Pro 
  hide details  
i7k
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Asrock z87 Extreme6 Gigabyte 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 2TB Seagate Barracuda LP 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2TB Seagate Barracuda Deepcool Assassin Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung KS8000 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll ASUS VG248QE SAMSUNG 2433BW Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III Series 850W Corsair 750D Logitech G600 Creative Sound Blaster Z 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 380 Pro 
  hide details  
post #49 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvese View Post
No offense but the reason you aren't as mad as some of us are about and the reason we're so critical is because WE EXPERIENCE eye-candy with our rigs. We expect it. That's what PC gaming is all about - eye candy and frame rates leagues beyond that of consoles.

It sounds like the PC is not for you.

I guarantee if you had a rig capable of maxing out Crysis, your tone would be completely different.
I beg to differ.

I don't play PC games for the enhanced eye-candy and frame rates beyond the capabilities of consoles (or resolution, AA, etc....), I play them because I prefer games on my PC. I prefer most games with a mouse and keyboard regardless of the genre or type. I also prefer playing games on my PC because it can do everything else I need it to do, including running virtual machines, content creation, databasing, and host of other things. I'm sure the consoles can do a few things that PC's can but nowhere near the full functionality of a PC.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL ASUS XFX  SAMSUNG 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD/ST LG KUHLER WINDOWS 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG/SAMSUNG IBM MODEL M CORSAIR THERMALTAKE 
MouseMouse PadAudio
MS INTELLIMOUSE EXPLORER 3.0 REGULAR LARGE PAD ONBOARD but it USED TO BE A XONAR DG  
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL ASUS XFX  SAMSUNG 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD/ST LG KUHLER WINDOWS 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG/SAMSUNG IBM MODEL M CORSAIR THERMALTAKE 
MouseMouse PadAudio
MS INTELLIMOUSE EXPLORER 3.0 REGULAR LARGE PAD ONBOARD but it USED TO BE A XONAR DG  
  hide details  
post #50 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaSMK View Post
I beg to differ.

I don't play PC games for the enhanced eye-candy and frame rates beyond the capabilities of consoles (or resolution, AA, etc....), I play them because I prefer games on my PC. I prefer most games with a mouse and keyboard regardless of the genre or type. I also prefer playing games on my PC because it can do everything else I need it to do, including running virtual machines, content creation, databasing, and host of other things. I'm sure the consoles can do a few things that PC's can but nowhere near the full functionality of a PC.
Thing is, the person I quoted had a machine that was literally as old as the consoles. Atleast your machine can run Crysis on High at great FPS ( I would know - my previous card was a gtx260 ). Your rig is still powerful enough to get the eye-candy. His, however, really isn't which is why graphics are not much of an issue for him which is what I was trying to get at.

I understand the PC has many uses, but his rig really can't do the things you listed without lagging quite a bit.

Everyone has different uses for the PC. However, if your PC is as old as the consoles, what business do you have telling us we shouldn't complain about graphics if your PC can't do much outside of browsing the internet and playing games on lowest settings? ( Not directed at you btw )
Edited by Yvese - 3/24/11 at 12:40am
i7k
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Asrock z87 Extreme6 Gigabyte 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 2TB Seagate Barracuda LP 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2TB Seagate Barracuda Deepcool Assassin Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung KS8000 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll ASUS VG248QE SAMSUNG 2433BW Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III Series 850W Corsair 750D Logitech G600 Creative Sound Blaster Z 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 380 Pro 
  hide details  
i7k
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Asrock z87 Extreme6 Gigabyte 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 2TB Seagate Barracuda LP 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2TB Seagate Barracuda Deepcool Assassin Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung KS8000 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll ASUS VG248QE SAMSUNG 2433BW Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III Series 850W Corsair 750D Logitech G600 Creative Sound Blaster Z 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 380 Pro 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [CVG]Crysis 2 PC players unlock graphics options