Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] All Pre-NDA GTX590 Threads
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Various] All Pre-NDA GTX590 Threads - Page 51

post #501 of 1505
I read that the 612Mhz was an overclock version. I hope that was posted just for humor . Only a few more days people, a few more days...

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #502 of 1505
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoast View Post
I read that the 612Mhz was an overclock version. I hope that was posted just for humor . Only a few more days people, a few more days...
x2 alot of people will be mad and look foolish.
post #503 of 1505
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallsignVega View Post
Some interesting tests done with CF vs SLI.

If you are debating between 6990 and 590, don't forget SLI traditionally has less micro-stutter issues: http://www.computerbase.de/artikel/g...m_mikroruckler

Videos in which you can actually see the difference (not to mention 3x gpu beating 4x gpu):
What the above user doesn't tell you is that there is diminishing returns when using 4 gpus vs 3 gpus. Some of it has to do with how well the cpu can push data. Some of it has to do with how well efficient the drivers can joggle data between gpus. Other times it's just the arch design, etc. However, the truth is you never do a 4-gpu vs 3-gpu review then imply, speciously, that the other brand does better with just 3 gpus. As it's not the brand but 3-gpus can perform better then 4 gpus. Although at some future date that could change.

If you don't believe me then lets have a look at the GTX 295 SLI vs 3 way GTX 285 in xbit's review and TT's reivew. The 3 way GTX 285 can be just as good or better in most of the benchmarks. Even though the GTX 295 can beat 3 way SLI it's not a decisive win as it loses to it. See a pattern here people? I wanted to provide those examples so that you can see for yourself what I'm talking about. And it's not something that just started happening. It's been that way for a while now.

In any case that debunks the video links because it's simply not an accurate description of performance between competing companies. Three 6970s should have been used against 3 GTX 580s. Even though the price difference would have been higher for the latter. It would have been clear that's it's high end vs high end single gpu solutions in 3 way CF vs 3 way SLI.
Edited by EastCoast - 3/19/11 at 11:20am
post #504 of 1505
nvidia surely has a surprise on launch date, i hope so, but anyways its a foolishness to release a new gpu when kepler is so near..., unless it drops its prices before the launch of kepler
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 Maximus Formula NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT Kingston 2x1 GB PC2-5300 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
1Tb Hitachi SATA II Maxtor 250Gb SATA II Samsung SH-S223 Thermaltake Big Typhoon VX 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit ViewSonic VX2250 Full HD LED 1080p Eurocase Biswal 600W PSU 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Nine Hundred Eurocase Eumo Belkin wave rest 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 Maximus Formula NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT Kingston 2x1 GB PC2-5300 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
1Tb Hitachi SATA II Maxtor 250Gb SATA II Samsung SH-S223 Thermaltake Big Typhoon VX 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit ViewSonic VX2250 Full HD LED 1080p Eurocase Biswal 600W PSU 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Nine Hundred Eurocase Eumo Belkin wave rest 
  hide details  
Reply
post #505 of 1505
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbalt89 View Post
With Nvidia we don't have to wait for proper drivers, sir.
Play Shogun 2 on your Nvidia card and come back to me, sir.

I already know the results on my Nvidia card.
post #506 of 1505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artikbot View Post
They attempted to... And they lost to it. The GF110 core is too damn hot to be dual fit onto a single PCB.


The HD6990 will beat the GTX590 due to bigger memory size, lower heat output and higher core performance at stock speeds.
because you have the card, right?
post #507 of 1505


http://plaza.fi/muropaketti/muropake...elin#kommentit

the guys from the Muropaketti site just got their gtx 590, I'm full of envy lol
 
Benching
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 5960X @ 4.8GHz] [Rampage V Extreme] [Titan 1400MHz (1500MHz bench)] [Various] 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
[250GB 840EVO +2x SpinpointF3 1TB RAID0] [LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change] [XSPC X2O 750 pump/res] [Monsta 360 full copper + EK XT 360 + XT 240] 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
[Crossover 27Q LED-P 1440p+ASUS 1200p+LG 1080p] [Corsair AX1200] [Dimastech Easy v3.0] [Sennheiser HD558s] 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
FX 8320, FX 8350, Phenom II x2 555BE i7 3930K, i7 860, i7 4770K, 68x Celeron D CVF, commando, 2x RIVE, Z87X-OC Asus 4870x2, Sapphire 4870 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
2x 5870, 5850, 5830, 5770 2x 3870x2, 3870 GTX Titan, GTX 480, GTX 590 GTX 285, GTX 260, 4x 9800GT, 8800GTX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
4x4GB vengeance, 2x4GB predatorX, 2x1GB OCZ DDR2 Intel X25-M 80GB LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change OCN Marksman 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
2x old tek slims (GPU) Various watercooling stuff win7, winxp AX1200 
Case
test bench / cardboard box 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Benching
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 5960X @ 4.8GHz] [Rampage V Extreme] [Titan 1400MHz (1500MHz bench)] [Various] 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
[250GB 840EVO +2x SpinpointF3 1TB RAID0] [LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change] [XSPC X2O 750 pump/res] [Monsta 360 full copper + EK XT 360 + XT 240] 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
[Crossover 27Q LED-P 1440p+ASUS 1200p+LG 1080p] [Corsair AX1200] [Dimastech Easy v3.0] [Sennheiser HD558s] 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
FX 8320, FX 8350, Phenom II x2 555BE i7 3930K, i7 860, i7 4770K, 68x Celeron D CVF, commando, 2x RIVE, Z87X-OC Asus 4870x2, Sapphire 4870 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
2x 5870, 5850, 5830, 5770 2x 3870x2, 3870 GTX Titan, GTX 480, GTX 590 GTX 285, GTX 260, 4x 9800GT, 8800GTX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
4x4GB vengeance, 2x4GB predatorX, 2x1GB OCZ DDR2 Intel X25-M 80GB LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change OCN Marksman 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
2x old tek slims (GPU) Various watercooling stuff win7, winxp AX1200 
Case
test bench / cardboard box 
  hide details  
Reply
post #508 of 1505
Quote:
Originally Posted by milktree View Post
because you have the card, right?
No because he has a brain.

Clocks are already revealed. It's slower than GTX580 SLI, which is already roughly equal to the 6990. Honestly you can OC it past those speeds but enjoy spending more dough on water cooling.
i7k
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Asrock z87 Extreme6 Gigabyte 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 2TB Seagate Barracuda LP 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2TB Seagate Barracuda Deepcool Assassin Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung KS8000 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll ASUS VG248QE SAMSUNG 2433BW Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III Series 850W Corsair 750D Logitech G600 Creative Sound Blaster Z 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 380 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
i7k
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Asrock z87 Extreme6 Gigabyte 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 2TB Seagate Barracuda LP 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2TB Seagate Barracuda Deepcool Assassin Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung KS8000 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll ASUS VG248QE SAMSUNG 2433BW Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III Series 850W Corsair 750D Logitech G600 Creative Sound Blaster Z 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 380 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #509 of 1505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvese View Post
No because he has a brain.

Clocks are already revealed. It's slower than GTX580 SLI, which is already roughly equal to the 6990. Honestly you can OC it past those speeds but enjoy spending more dough on water cooling.
i suggest we all wait until the card is finally released and then make the judgments. as convincing as the OP (who was the source of the clocks in the first place) sounds, i still do not fully trust him. the clocks might be different.
post #510 of 1505
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoast View Post
What the above user doesn't tell you is that there is diminishing returns when using 4 gpus vs 3 gpus. Some of it has to do with how well the cpu can push data. Some of it has to do with how well efficient the drivers can joggle data between gpus. Other times it's just the arch design, etc. However, the truth is you never do a 4-gpu vs 3-gpu review then imply, speciously, that the other brand does better with just 3 gpus. As it's not the brand but 3-gpus can perform better then 4 gpus. Although at some future date that could change.

If you don't believe me then lets have a look at the GTX 295 SLI vs 3 way GTX 285 in xbit's review and TT's reivew. The 3 way GTX 285 can be just as good or better in most of the benchmarks. Even though the GTX 295 can beat 3 way SLI it's not a decisive win as it loses to it. See a pattern here people? I wanted to provide those examples so that you can see for yourself what I'm talking about. And it's not something that just started happening. It's been that way for a while now.

In any case that debunks the video links because it's simply not an accurate description of performance between competing companies. Three 6970s should have been used against 3 GTX 580s. Even though the price difference would have been higher for the latter. It would have been clear that's it's high end vs high end single gpu solutions in 3 way CF vs 3 way SLI.
Nice try. At high settings, Heaven and Crysis are famous for not being CPU limited. You say that 3x GPUs perform better than 4x GPUs? I must have missed the memo as I have extensive testing completed with both 3x and 4x GPus, and 4x GPUs, especially at high resolution scales quite well.

I am also not interested in articles two years old. A lot can change in two years. If you watch some of Tributars other videos, he clearly pits dual card setups against each other and the 580s win yet again. Blaming AMD for driver issues doesn't help the cause. Just because you have preconceived notions about how three and four GPUs function, doesn't invalidate the results Tributar gets in his great videos. Not to mention the whole reason of my post was to show micro-stutter difference. Unless you are blind, you can clearly see SLI micro-stuttering far less than CF.
Zybane
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6950X - 4.5 GHz Edition 10 Rampage V Extreme Titan Xp  G.Skill 32GB 3200 MHz CL14 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1TB - Samsung SM961 Windows 10 Pro OLED 4K 55" LG C7P Razer BlackWidow TE Stealth Chroma 
PowerMouseAudioAudio
Corsair AX1500i 1500W Titanium Razer Mamba TE Denon AVR-X7200WA Elac BS 312 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Sennheiser HD-700 Headphones Velodyne MiniVee Subwoofer Buttkicker LFE Razer Orbweaver Stealth Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
Zybane
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6950X - 4.5 GHz Edition 10 Rampage V Extreme Titan Xp  G.Skill 32GB 3200 MHz CL14 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1TB - Samsung SM961 Windows 10 Pro OLED 4K 55" LG C7P Razer BlackWidow TE Stealth Chroma 
PowerMouseAudioAudio
Corsair AX1500i 1500W Titanium Razer Mamba TE Denon AVR-X7200WA Elac BS 312 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Sennheiser HD-700 Headphones Velodyne MiniVee Subwoofer Buttkicker LFE Razer Orbweaver Stealth Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] All Pre-NDA GTX590 Threads