So to put it into perceptive :
- The 6990 consumes less power
- The GTX 590 is quieter but BOTH cards are louder then average
- The 6990 seems to run 1-3c cooler
- The 6990 is faster
- The 6990 is faster in Crossfire then the GTX 590 is in Sli.
- In some countries the 6990 is cheaper ( Â£100 cheaper in the UK )
- The 6990 has more VRAM to help it with stupidly high resolutions
- The 6990 has a better phase design meening it should overclock better and more importantly, safer!
- GTX 590 is smaller
- The 6990 will be even faster if the user made results of the 11.4 drivers are anything to go by!